• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nov 7, 2013] Flippers360 Pres: Training Mode*NoSleep* (Hollywood, Fl)

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
These events will serve as consistant practice (Every thursday night!) for the SFL scene!

BTW BE PREPARED FOR ALOT OF COLORS
Training Mode
Where?
This event will take place at the Flippers360 room inside of Flippers Cinema!
I cannot stress this enough:​
Flippers360 is unlike any lan center you have ever been to. It is a giant room (Two combined movie theaters to be exact) filled with about 100 Xbox360 setups, all equipped to either HD computer monitors or LCD tvs. There are high powered gaming computers and 5 Wii's as well. One Wii in particular is setup to a movie projector.​
NONE, i repeat, NONE of the setups (including the projector) lag.
For a short video demonstrating the room, follow the link below and scroll down.
For more info on the Flippers360 room, you can either contact me (via smashboards or facebook) or follow the link below.
Here are some more pics demonstrating SMASH at Flippers360!
Just some of the setups we have for Brawl!
Here is the projector setup for smash! This setup includes live streaming capabilities!​
To follow Flippers360 on facebook, add them as a friend: https://www.facebook.com/FlippersGaming
When?
Doors Open at 4:00PM********************
Seibrik gets to venue at 8:00PM
Signups for Pro/Amateur Brackets Start: 9:00PM
Pro/Amateur Brackets Start: 10:00PM
Venue Closes: 1:00AM
Fest May Continue (by invite only) at Seibrik's house: 1:30AM
If you have any questions at all, feel free to call Seibrik anytime after 6:00PM!​
Cell: 7864365990​
Events:
There will be THREE events occurring!​
A PRO bracket-> Anybody brave enough, or wanting to get the best possible experience, can join this bracket!​
An Amateur bracket-> PROS (As decided by Seibrik) will NOT be allowed to enter this bracket!​
The Smash Question Box!​
Throughout the night I will be accepting questions in the Smash Question Box!​
This contest is completely FREE to participate in.​
Rules:​
1) Participants must be wearing a game room wrist band.​
2) Must write a question pertaining to getting better at Smash.​
3) "Yes or No" questions are not allowed.​
4) Be as specific as possible. (Vague questions will not be considered)​
5) Make sure to write your name/gamer tag.​
At the end of the night, I will personally go over each question, answering them to the best of my ability.​
ALSO​
The writer of the best (most deep) question of the night, as determined by me, will receive one free movie ticket to Flippers Cinema!​
*Participants are welcome to enter as many questions as they like. However, when it comes time to decide the question of the night, the participant must specify which question they want counted for the contest before the winner is announced!
How Much??
Venue Fee---> $6
What this gets you:
* Entry into Venue
* Use of ALL Flippers360 room equipment (must be 14 years of age or older to use computers. Proof of Age must be available upon request)
*********Check out the Flippers360 website in the link above for a list of available games!***********
* Entry into either the PRO or Amateur Brackets!
Pro Bracket---> $2
Amateur Bracket---> FREE
PAYOUTS:
Pro Bracket
First place gets 50% of the pot!
Second place gets money back!
Remaining pot will go into a BONUS pot for Tier Breakers, which will accumulate over time.
What is Tier Breakers?
Check out this thread for a quick teaser!​
ALSO:
Thursday nights at Flippers is host to the FGC community of SFL!
So if you want to get some practice in with the best SF/MvC/Injustice players in SFL, this is where to be!
Freeplay of all these games is available to everyone who's payed the venue fee!
But like with smash, it's advised to BYOC
Venue RULES??
Be kind and respectful to those around you!​
Please remember to keep cursing to a minimum! Remembering families tend to bring kids in before/after a movie!​
Tourney Rules:
Rules will follow those of SKTAR2 in preperation for the upcoming national!​
Super Smash Bros. Brawl:​
Rules= Stock​
Stock = 3​
Time Limit= 8 minutes​
Handicap = Off​
Damage Ratio = 1.0​
Friendly Fire = On​
Self-destruct = -1​
Items = Off​
MK is LEGAL in all singles events​
Double MK is banned in all doubles events​
Ledge Grab Limit is 35 for all characters. This means you can get UP to 35 ledge grabs. If the time runs out and a player has 36 ledge grabs OR MORE, they forfeit the match.​
Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the finals best 3 out of 5.​
At the beginning of the set:​
GW 9 hammer will be used to decide who gets controller port advantage.​
Stage striking will be used to decide the first match.​
Player without port advantage gets to strike first.​
After each match:​
1. Winner announces stage ban (except in best-of-5 sets)​
2. Loser chooses counter pick stage​
3. Winner chooses their character​
4. Loser chooses their character​
5. Loser chooses their controller port (optional)​
6. Winner chooses their controller port (optional)​
Any Additional Rules will be announced as soon as they are available.​
The stage list is as FOLLOWS:
Starters (First match of the set)
Battlefield​
Smashville​
Final Destination​
Lylat Cruise​
Yoshi's Island​
Counterpicks
Pokemon Stadium​
Castle Seige​
NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you, and your opponent agree and ask a judge! If you agree, there will be no complaints!​
So yeah, I think that's about it.​
Remember to BYOC
Above all else, remember: Have fun and ask questions!!​
$2 Tourney Results
[collapse=5/16/13]​
8 Entrants:
1. Seibrik (MK) $6​
2. The Blue Baby/MasterRaven (MK) $2​
3. 8BitMan (Rob/MK)​
4. DRN (ZSS, Wario)​
5. Jeck (Yoshi)​
5. Lad (Falco)​
7. Pure Blue (Sonic)​
7. ShawD (Link)​
Donated Pot to Tier Breakers= $8​
[/collapse]​
[collapse=5/23/13]​
16 Entrants
Donated Pot to Tier Breakers= $16​
[/collapse]​
[collapse=5/30/13]​
8 Entrants
Donated Pot to Tier Breakers= $8​
[/collapse]​

[collapse=6/13/13]​
12 Entrants
1: Seibrik
2: Esam
3: TheMasterofRavens
4: 8bit Lag
5: Purest of Blues
5: IHateRonnie(Dfear)
7: Lad
7: Garret
9: Portella
9: Souss
9: Heldew
9: Greg
Donated Pot to Tier Breakers= $12[/collapse]
[collapse=6/20/13]​
8 Entrants
1: ESAM​
2: Seibrik​
3: Master Raven​
4: Caca'​
5: Dfear​
5: Nick Riddle​
7: Zabu​
7: Blade​
Donated pot to Tier Breakers: $8​
[/collapse]

[collapse=6/27/13]​
18 Total Entrants
Pools were done to narrow it down to a 10 man bracket​
Final results were​
1: MVD​
2: Seibrik​
3: Master Raven​
4: 8bit​
5: xaltis​
5: Robin Williams​
7: Equi​
7: Dj jack​
9: Tekk​
9: Souss​
Total pot donated to Tier Breakers: $18​

[/collapse]

[collapse=8/15/13 $5/person Teams Tourny]​
4 Total Teams
Final results were​
1. Seibrik/TrueBlue​
2. Tobin/Tony​
3. Leo/Dronez​
4. Hound/Rye​
Total pot donated to Tier Breakers: $20​

SHAWDY

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShawdyLink
How many people are planning on showing up compared to the one on Saturday? I might go to this one and not the one on Saturday because it is too far and I may not have a ride.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
from what i've heared gville (dylans car) will be here around 4pm friday and drew/ricky will be here when it opens since they're getting in thursday night

i highly encourage any other regions coming to arcade odyssey to also come to this if possible to increase the hype/practice!!

Master Raven

Smash Master
I can vouch for how awesome this venue is. There's also a pizza place right next door (the pizza itself is quite good,) and I think there's a Publix nearby too.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Am I able to enter both Brackets?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? PLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
SO to all those coming out to Flippers today! It doesn't open till 4pm on fridays! Sorry for the confusion, but I was unaware lol

Message me if you got any questions, otherwise I'll see you all there at 4!

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Could it be? Does Izzy wanna money match this Falco at this?!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
considering running these every friday night from 7-11pm for all SFL smashers interested in getting better for the monthlies we're gona start having between arcade odyssey and flippers AND for any nationals people plan to travel to (SKTAR 2 comes to mind)

I need to know who'd be interested in coming and getting some good practice in (i'm looking at mvd/shaky/riddle mostly for that teams practice)

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Alright so i just gotta get the confirmation from the manager but i think this friday is a go.

as far as i know mvd and shaky is confirmed

as well as ronnie, and i would like if Leo (snipa) started coming more consistantly and being there as a perma-partner for ronnie, they'd make an excellent teams threat in time

keep in mind this friday i will NOT be on the clock so I will infact be able to play the entire time

however i do plan on bringing Eileen there so after a bit we may see a movie, anyone who wants to is more than welcome to join lol

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Just letting everyone know i updated the F out of this thread

Training Mode will be a series of Smashfests hosted at Flippers every thursday night from now on!

The FGC is also here on these nights so it's just a great night for competetive gaming overall!

A great learning and playing environment with plenty of setups so there will be little to 0 wait time between matches.

I will personally host a FREE 1v1 tourney every time as well, where the winner may win a FREE movie ticket good for one year. This prize may vary but I will talk with Justin (the manager) about making it consistant.

Hope to see everyone at the first of these starting TOMORROW night!

Post here if your coming, and also if you can provide a ride to anyone in need in your area!

Pictures coming soon!!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Alright so, I updated the OP with a new time to arrive: 8pm Sharp! All Wiis will be available to play on by this time!

I also added some pics of the place so you can get an idea of what to expect if you've never been to Flippers!

Lastly, I included a buy-in to the Pro Bracket! This includes a payout to first and second, as well as starting a PROGRESSIVE BONUS POT for Tier Breakers, the seasonal tournament I will be starting in July!

More info on that coming soon!

I look forward to seeing everyone there tonight for some serious practice!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Alright guys this week should be huge!

This thursday we have DRN AND Player-1 coming all the way from california just to get some practice! Let's give them the best we got!

We will once again have a $2 tourney, and later tonight I will be updating this thread with the results from last week!

I look forward to seeing everyone improve as I've been seeing everyone improve these last couple weeks!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Also, I will most likely be bringing my question box along so everyone has an easy chance of winning a FREE movie ticket to Flippers Cinima good for 1 year!

Best question of the night will win the movie ticket, and I will go over the questions in detail at the end of the night!

DRN

Smash Lord
All the way from California.

Seibrik made me want to play a lot more. I'm hoping to get as much serious practice as possible since i'm heading back home for a little while early next week.

Oh and I'll have my controller! :D

Player-1

Smash Legend
Will it actually happen?

* Use of ALL Flippers360 room equipment (must be 14 years of age or older to use computers. Proof of Age must be available upon request)
I'm turning 14 in June, is that okay?

Top Bottom