• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boofer

Smash Ace
. . . All 3rd parties are unlockables and I REALLY don't think every character from the Kirby series will be a starter.

He has already revealed unlocks. (with or with out d3 it stands. 3rd parties are there and are unlocks)
I think that he has only revealed a few unlockables: obviously the 3rd parties to build hype (because they are big deals), and maybe one or two others. I think this is why we have gone so long without a char. update; he's only releasing a few unlockables before the release and he's spacing them out greatly..

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Uh oh, look's like we might not be getting much.

I should correct my initial translation a bit.

A better translation would be "an issue perfectly detailing the topic of all the characters in Super Super Smash Bros. Brawl prior to it's release".

I really think we're setting ourselves up for disappointment. I'm definitely leaning more towards just just profiling revealed characters. But hey, no harm in hoping.

Translation courtesy of xubelox.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
What I'd like is the starting roster as well as the total number of characters that Brawl's going to have in the end.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
More pessimism...

I admit the thing about "heart pumping" was a tad dramatic. "Doki doki" is the Japanese onomatopoeia for heart pumping, but it can also just be translated as excited or nervous.
The full sentence is "As for what kind of contents it will have, if we talk about it now, we won't be able to talk about it on next month's home page, so except for people who have a time machine, you'll be excited/your heart will be pumping while waiting for the coming month"

Basically, it's saying they're going to discuss characters, rather than simply reveal them. While I personally am leaning towards it being a discussion of all characters revealed so far, it is entirely possible that it will be all characters, period. But in the past, we have had similar false alarms. At any rate, we'll know in about 20 days.

Translation and statement courtesy of xubelox.

The Director

Smash Lord
LOL. We all want the complete roster so badly that we go translating Japanese wrong. Can't people wait and have patience anymore?

Oh, I forgot. We're Americans. There's no such thing as patience here.

Black/Light

Smash Master
LOL. We all want the complete roster so badly that we go translating Japanese wrong. Can't people wait and have patience anymore?

Oh, I forgot. We're Americans. There's no such thing as patience here.
I would prefer to go by SP or Yosh translations seeing as SP is reliable and Yosh gave us the actual pic to the mag.
(Also because I have no idlea where that other translation came from)

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Game Informer magazine actually had a special on SSBB. They released all the presently known characters, but will there be more added?

GI made it sound like the roster was set in stone. Is it possible to have more characters than what has been listed?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Game Informer magazine actually had a special on SSBB. They released all the presently known characters, but will there be more added?

GI made it sound like the roster was set in stone. Is it possible to have more characters than what has been listed?
it is 98% chance that we dont have the full roster yet. I hope we dont, anyway.

32-50 characters FOR THE EPIC WIN!

Weed

Smash Lord
I wanted something to be left to the imagination before February..even one character..

Dang.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Hmm as long as all the unlockable charcters aren't revealed I dont care.That would ruin any surprize left in the game.

Black/Light

Smash Master
My translation comes from the official Coro coro site: http://corocoro.tv/image/next/200801/pickup03text.jpg

By the way, what picture from the magazine are you referring to?
Well, that is the pic I was refering to.

Heres what Yosh said...
That article just creates more rumors. The original Corocoro post simply says " a complete guide of all characters in Brawl" Take it as you will :)

Primary source: Corocoro post -

Says pretty much what I Kashikomarimashi ta just translated. Nothing concrete.
If you want a full translation of this little thing, feel free to ask~
Btw someone requested a translation of the above post on Corocoro so...

King Dedede was finally revealed!
We'll have a definitive issue commenting on all the characters from the soon to be released "Smash Bros. Brawl"!! If we talk about any of the details now, we'd run out of things talk about on our website next month. So, for those of who without time machines, stay excited and wait until next month!!
Either way, I will PM this to SP seeing as SP translated the Japanese mother site that talked about this but not this pic that came up afew pages back.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Well, that is the pic I was refering to.

Heres what Yosh said...

Either way, I will PM this to SP seeing as SP translated the Japanese mother site that talked about this but not this pic that came up afew pages back.
King Dedede finally revealed? they make it sound like all the characters have been shown. there is probably a 40% chance that no more characters will be in the game :(

The Director

Smash Lord
So wait, (here's more confusion) they said, If we talk about any of the details now, we'd run out of things talk about on our website next month....so does that mean the info will go onto their website, and not in the actual magazine?

Black/Light

Smash Master
maybe he wants to know most things about brawl, but not the unlockable chars (like many people)? didn't you think of that? god are you ****ing stupid.
Im guessing he was refering to the fact that people act as if they will auto know ALL characters if the full roster is revealed on the 15th (Like, they can't control themselves and MUST look). Theres nothing stopping you from not looking at the threads. . . .if theres any new non-character info than you could kindly ask for that in a thread well saying you don't want to know any characters.

My guess is that people that don't want to be "spoiled" are afraid of the fact that everyone on the smash sites and even reg nintendo sites will be posting about the roster without a care in the world about said people. Said people would have to stop going to anything about Nintendo till Feb 10th which is a well after Dec15.

ThatOtherGuy

Smash Cadet
I understand where people are coming from when they say they want to be surprised, but to me there's plenty to be surprised about when it comes to actually playing as Character X and finding out how they implemented his/her/its special weapon or final attack as a move.

Smash isn't one of those games where the fun ends once everything is unlocked, and neither does the sense of discovery.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
I understand where people are coming from when they say they want to be surprised, but to me there's plenty to be surprised about when it comes to actually playing as Character X and finding out how they implemented his/her/its special weapon or final attack as a move.

Smash isn't one of those games where the fun ends once everything is unlocked, and neither does the sense of discovery.

although i agree with you

it is going to be HARD not to see the revealed charachters, since japan gets it before us and all

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
I am fervent to avoid who the hidden characters are. If, perchance, they do announce all of the characters, or even some of the new hidden characters, do you think this site will have that on the front? *gulp*

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
If we don't know the hidden characters are until the japanese release date, then I won't look but if were gonna find them out on the 15th them I'm definetly looking. No chance in hell am I avoiding the internet for 2 months just for the secret characters to not be spoiled.

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
If we don't know the hidden characters are until the japanese release date, then I won't look but if were gonna find them out on the 15th them I'm definetly looking. No chance in hell am I avoiding the internet for 2 months just for the secret characters to not be spoiled.
Don't really have to avoid the whole internet... just message boards.

But then again, that's like half the internet... hmmmm.

I just mean will the hidden characters be on the blog of this site, pictures and all? I suppose you turn off spoilers on the front, it'll work. Hmm.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I'd rather know the complete roster, and from how reliable CoroCoro is with "Secret Info" how the translation says "All characters," and how close it is to the release date for a magazine, I would have to assume it IS ALL Characters. Besides, you guys who do not want the spoilers also are planning to stay off the internet, so why can't you guys leave it December 15th?

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I had an epic dream last night! Marth,Ness,Falcon,Falco,Mewtwo,SheikMr GAW,Ganondorf,Jigglypuff,Luigi and Ridley(!!!) all confirmed. I hope I saw the future.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I reckon today's update confirms that Dedede is a starter, considering I don't think an unlockable character would feature in the first event. This makes me firmly believe that all (except 3rd party) characters shown on the Dojo are starters, and that what we'll be seeing on the 15th are the characters we've seen so far, plus possibly one more starter that we may see on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom