• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Btw someone requested a translation of the above post on Corocoro so...

King Dedede was finally revealed!
We'll have a definitive issue commenting on all the characters from the soon to be released "Smash Bros. Brawl"!! If we talk about any of the details now, we'd run out of things talk about on our website next month. So, for those of who without time machines, stay excited and wait until next month!!

Black/Light

Smash Master

We'll have a definitive issue commenting on all the characters from the soon to be released "Smash Bros. Brawl"!! If we talk about any of the details now, we'd run out of things talk about on our website next month. So, for those of who without time machines, stay excited and wait until next month!!
. . .Humm, IDK now. Seems like they could easyly be flip talking, refering to the ones on the dojo and not all of them which aint nice:ohwell:

Does anyone follow their comments on brawl? Is this normal talk to them? Do they normally refer to the KNOWN characters as "all the characters"? Hope they mean't all. . . .I would perfer a official mag spill the beans before some Japan local gamer takes a store copy and spoil it and a non-lawful way;)

NinjaT2D

Smash Cadet
I think the major CoroCoro spolier will kinda kill the weekdayly updates even more depending on how detailed they are about each reveiled character. Just think about it. These couple of weeks have been boring a bit for a while now because they are explain things that we weren't sopposed to see from the E4all. Wouldn't this make us suffer more, AGAIN depending on the information given.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
I'm hoping by far that it'll only show the starting characters. It would be very dissapointing to get Brawl when you already know all the characters if you ask me. Like others said, it's just not the same when you know what surprises await you.

Can you imagine playing a Zelda game with all the items and dungeon maps from the start iwth no effort? It would ruin that aspect of the game! Or at least to me it would.

In fact, although this is going to be extremely hard, I am going to do my best to not go online after Jan 24th until Feb 10th so that nothing is spoiled to me. Unless the urge becomes to great, of which then I'll probably look. But with all the built up anxiety then it wouldn't ruin the game, unlike how it would right now months before release.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
So I take it we will get Captain Falcon and Sheik soon. I also expect maybe Olimar, Krystal or Falco (With a new moveset of course), and Ray 01.

Black/Light

Smash Master
That article just creates more rumors. The original Corocoro post simply says " a complete guide of all characters in Brawl" Take it as you will :)

Primary source: Corocoro post -

Says pretty much what I Kashikomarimashi ta just translated. Nothing concrete.
If you want a full translation of this little thing, feel free to ask~

Quoted to keep on the top page so that everyone reads it.;)

I think the major CoroCoro spolier will kinda kill the weekdayly updates even more depending on how detailed they are about each reveiled character. Just think about it. These couple of weeks have been boring a bit for a while now because they are explain things that we weren't sopposed to see from the E4all. Wouldn't this make us suffer more, AGAIN depending on the information given.
I don't think it will crap up the reg up dates. If they do reveal the FULL roster than we will simply know the full roster (those who want to say in the dark. . . don't read game forums about smash. I have friends that are SOOOO hypyed for this game that bearly even go to the dojo let alone to forums about it so it's do-able).

BUT in such a case we could still end up with only knowing the characters and having no idea what attacks they do, how they work or even have that lil bit of Sakurai commentary about them.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I have this sickening feeling that this is going to happen..
Makes perfect sense to me. :grin: And, frankly, I'm perfectly fine with it! Snake, Sonic and Dedede just seem like secret characters to me.

NinjaT2D

Smash Cadet
I might not end up reading this(i will) because it's all just one big spolier feast and if its more than the starters then it might ruin the surprise

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
I think that once it happens the topic with the info should say what's revealed (i.e. ENITRE ROSTER INSIDE, or STARTING ROSTER INSIDE), that way ppl who dont want it ruined for them can just shy away. The problem is that if any new characters are revealed, we'll have to give them their own forum in character discussion, and ppl will talk about them, which means that if you don't want it spoiled, you'll have to stay away from the boards.

another way to do this is to have something like a sticky that says "Dec. 15 info", and then section off spoilers with the characters at the end so ppl can see what they want to see then leave.

Wight

Smash Apprentice
If this turns out to be false, man, ill have suck epic lulz reading the flood of "OMG WTF SAMURAIPANDA?!1" spam threads.

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
I guess if someone gets all the credit, he gets all the backlash too :)

The spoiler is true, wether or not we get a full list of characters is NOT CERTAIN YET~

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
although i do have a feeling that even tho we're getting the starting roster, there aren't going to be any new characters. maybe 1 or two, but that's about it.

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
It would ruin it for me if I came in here and I had the whole roster thrown at me.
I live in Europe and I'm bound to come across a page where they show everything.
And in no way is it possible for me to keep away from Smash brothers sites until it gets released here, like in april or something stupid like that.
And on top of that, my friend is bound to get teh japanese version from the depths of the Internet and tell me everything.

Sakurai has been working on this for a year and then you want all of it revealed to you?
To me that sounds rather consumist, like...."I dont' care, I just wanna know."
At least get a good time from finding out!
Then there's no surprises when you're playing the game. You already know what's going to be there, it takes away half the fun. You're just unlocking stuff to get the full game...and that's it basically.
If your obvective in the game is to have the most stuff unlocked, at least do it without knowing what's going to come.

Of course if you start wondering why nothing new is coming about then go to GameFaqs or something.

Getting the whole character roster revealed in one blow?
For what?
Be patient!
Get surprised!

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
I find it a little weird that so many people don't want the full roster right away because they think it will ruin the sruprise. I mean, it's a multiplayer fighting game, you pick your character and then you fight. It's not some huge RPG with a complex story behind it. The only thing I would understand if people say they don't anymore clips from SSE adventure given out. Well, that's the way I see it anyway.

I hope the magazine shows the entire roster, it would be a little stupid if they didn't (I mean what would be the point...? >.>). Unless, they show screen shot of the in-game character screen, showing only the starters, and the unlockables with a "?". So, now we would know the number of characters included in the game. Either is fine with me, but I don't think there's not much point into keeping the entire roster a secret until the game comes out.:ohwell:

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I agree with the post before--the storyline only applies to SSE. THAT'S the spoilers I want to avoid. Character roster? Yes please. (I'll happily wait for unlocking rules when the game's out here)

...what if the hidden characters aren't secret at all? What if Sakurai deems it fair to show off the whole roster, but simply adds the challenge of say, using the coins to unlock them? It wouldn't be much spoilers if you could go to some mode, see certain fighters in the crowd and they straight up tell you what you need to do to unlock them.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here is a translation of the preview for the next issue of CoroCoro:

King Dedede joins, at last!
The topic getting the most attention prior to it's release,
all the characters of software Super Smash Bros. Brawl perfectly detailed in one complete volume!!"

It almost sounds like they're just saying they're going to detail all of the characters shown so far. However, at the very bottom it says "so except for the people who have a time machine, your heart will be pounding while waiting for next month".

I'm guessing they'll either just profile all of the characters shown so far, or they'll tell us ALL of the characters. Nothing suggests that it will only be the starting lineup, so don't get your hopes up about avoiding spoilers.

Translation courtesy of xubelox.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
I can see how some people would rather wait and learn of the characters while playing. For me, it makes no difference. I'll be just as surprised/happy/shocked/whatever if I learn what characters are in the game now, or two months+ from now while playing the game. Knowing that a character is there doesn't ruin much surprise/exploration. You still have to explore the actual character, learn how they fight, what their style is.

Just like with Sonic. (most) People were glad that he was in the game. The excitement just took place before the game was released, but it still happened. It's not like the joy from knowing a character is in the game will last any longer if you have the game in your hands (prolly less, as you'll get distracted by the next piece of coolness).

If the magazine can give us new info, cool. If not, oh well.

The Director

Smash Lord
I'm sorry...announcing all the characters in one issue just doesn't sound logical to me.

Starting roster, that's all we're getting.

Think about it: by Dec. 15th we'll probably know the entire starting roster from the Dojo anyway. We're already almost there as it is. It makes much more sense that way.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
I'm sorry...announcing all the characters in one issue just doesn't sound logical to me.

Starting roster, that's all we're getting.

Think about it: by Dec. 15th we'll probably know the entire starting roster from the Dojo anyway. We're already almost there as it is. It makes much more sense that way.
yup i agree
but its not up to us
me personally i rather keep the "?" chrachters hidden for the fact that its fun to unlock them and be surprised and all like"ZOMG, i cant believe he's in" with that said if the online for brawl is like strikers charged.. im not going to TOUCH online until i have beat it

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
yup i agree
but its not up to us
me personally i rather keep the "?" chrachters hidden for the fact that its fun to unlock them and be surprised and all like"ZOMG, i cant believe he's in" with that said if the online for brawl is like strikers charged.. im not going to TOUCH online until i have beat it
Yea, but with Strikers, there were only 3 secret charcters and all three are revealed to you before you even get to unlock them. Hell, two of them are even in the opneing video.

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
yeah I realise that getting the surprise and wtf feeling of seeing the new characters is just as a surprise if I see it now. However the only downside to this is the anticipation for the game increases by a huge amount. Basically it's great because the questioning will be gone but then I will just want to get the game SO MUCH MORE so it really is just a bitter sweet feeling

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I don't care about it being spoiled, because I won't know how to unlock anyway unless I look. I am gonna find out either way. I just wanna know and get it over with! It will make me want it more. There will be no point on looking on the dojo anymore, because all I want are characters.

Nowaytoeatatater

Smash Ace
I get the feeling that we already have the starting roster, and the fact that we've gone quite a while without a new character backs up that theory. IIRC, Sakurai said he wouldn't reveal unlockables (aside from third-party characters) until after the game is released, so the characters we already know about, excluding the third-party ones, will probably make up the starting roster. This also means that there are no more third-party characters, unless Sakurai is keeping one secret for the lulz. Just speculation, though.

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure the magazine will merely confirm what many have suspected: The Dojo has revealed only the starters, and those are ALL the starters. Of course, take away Snake and Sonic, and ZSS/Samus are on character, leaving the starter list at 20, a very, very logical number.

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
When did sakurai say that he would not be updating secret characters? I dont remember him saying that

Black/Light

Smash Master
When did sakurai say that he would not be updating secret characters? I dont remember him saying that
Never. He never said that. . . people just leep going off of melee and 64 old pre-release sites where he ONLY revealed the starters.

And IDK why the heck everyone keeps talking about starters only being in this issue. The mag said nothing about it and the way it sounds we will either get ALL the characters or all the DOJO characters.

And I have no idea why people think this would rein the game:ohwell:
This is very much on the line of Sakurai "spoiling" us about new-comers on the site. . . no different in any way (they would have Nintendo's promission to do this).

I, for one, would be happy to know the full roster Dec 15th seeing as I would have known the full roster by now had it not been delayed. Really, it makes sense if you think about it.

1-Cc reveals ALOT about nintendo games like Pokemon. They are the mag with some of the best insider info on nintendo games. . .best choice to do this type of thing on.

2-By the time they get their Feb issue out it will be Jan 15th in japan. . . and someone is bond to spoil it by than.

3-Sakurai wants each character to get their official release. This would beat the lil sobs in Japan that grab early copies and spoil it before him.

And ya know what, I would perfer a official mag release the full roster for us with Nintendo's seal of approval. The REAL way to spoil the game is for some D-bag fanboy to post a thread, out of no where, in all caps. . ."LOOLZ! SORA FROM KH IS IN BRAWLZ U NOOBS! PROOF!!!". That is the worst way to be spoiled from my stance.

Like how half the cut scenes in TP where spoled about a months before release by some drunk d-bag who was writing a review about it and had a early copy. . . .posted info and pics on his blog all in one day. . . . Nintendo had to force his blogs website to take his blog down. . . .THAT is reining a game, not a official release by a mag.

burrito

Smash Lord
He never said that, but he didn't say that he would reveal unlockable characters before the game came out, either.

Although, he did mention that the character updates would be "just like smash fist", which is the name of the Melee blog where the unlockable characters weren't revealed until after the game was released.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . All 3rd parties are unlockables and I REALLY don't think every character from the Kirby series will be a starter.

He has already revealed unlocks. (with or with out d3 it stands. 3rd parties are there and are unlocks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom