• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think only the starting roster will be shown. But the article will reveal special moves of characters that we do not know yet. Such as Wario's B or Up B, ect.

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
What I bet is that the magazine will show <i>almost</i> a complete roster with the exception of the last third parties (maybe) and the final character unlocked

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
Just a thought, since this is a starting roster thread:

All three of the Kirby characters are in the starting roster because of the event matches, right? Dedede and MK are in the 1st and 3rd, and Kirby is a given...

The 2nd event match (shown only on the screen of the select match menu) shows a pic of what looks like Lylat Cruise. Does this mean Krystal is in the starting roster?

Or am I just crazy.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
Just a thought, since this is a starting roster thread:

All three of the Kirby characters are in the starting roster because of the event matches, right? Dedede and MK are in the 1st and 3rd, and Kirby is a given...

The 2nd event match (shown only on the screen of the select match menu) shows a pic of what looks like Lylat Cruise. Does this mean Krystal is in the starting roster?

Or am I just crazy.
Just because there's a stage showing lylat cruise, that doesn't mean she's in brawl let alone part of the starting roster.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
When I have more free time, I'll update the first post with a personal translation of that CoroCoro pic.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
if anything, starting or hidden, well find out if Sheik is in when they do their piece on Zelda

Chepe

Smash Lord
Am I the only one that sees the Landmaster in the pic of the second event? But it is dodgy that Sakurai skipped event 2 with a Starfox motif and still did 3 and 4...

Black/Light

Smash Master
NVM :p

Cant Sakurai sue Coro Coro for this?? Is Sakurai approving this??
No, he can't. If they release all the characters they WILL have been given the go ahead by Nintendo. CC is one of the best mags for Nintendo game insider info and thats because Nintendo lets them leek things like Pokemon.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
^
He pretty much said it. Chances are they are getting it from Nintendo themselves and are given the OK to post it in the Magazine.

KurowaSan

Smash Rookie
What Darkraid said, Nintendo either sold or gave the info to Corocoro so it would be published. This isn't a leak or anything like that.
To sue Corocoro would be like giving an interview, agreeing in publishing the content of the interview and then try to sue the interviewer XD

Syroco

Smash Apprentice
I'm almost positive Sakurai regularly posts on CoroCoro.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Fourteen more days! ^.^;;.

It seems like we have the starting roster, though. It's been a while since he updated a character, so it seems pretty safe to say it. (Besides Snake and Sonic, of course.)

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
even though it'll just be everything we'e already seen on the dojo it'll be nice to find out which characters will be starters and which ones out of the already given we'll get to unlock.
Hey and if they're really waiting until december 15 to release this we probably will get 1 or 2 new characters

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
There's no way in hell the entire roster will be revealed before the game is released. There will be some completely unmentioned secret fighters in there that will make all of us go: O_O when we find them.

sk8erkid6485

Smash Cadet
There's no way in hell the entire roster will be revealed before the game is released. There will be some completely unmentioned secret fighters in there that will make all of us go: O_O when we find them.
Well how many characters did melee reveal before its release?

Boofer

Smash Ace
even though it'll just be everything we'e already seen on the dojo it'll be nice to find out which characters will be starters and which ones out of the already given we'll get to unlock.
Hey and if they're really waiting until december 15 to release this we probably will get 1 or 2 new characters
If the event match update and samurai panda's translation are any indicators, most of the ones on the dojo are probably starters:

SamuraiPanda said:
#251-260: Sakurai in response to an email asking that everything be unlocked as a default = "Well... that is a tough question. As long as the internet exists, all secrets will be revealed quickly. Sometimes even before the game comes out, even. Secret characters are one of the fun parts of Smash. Although you don't want to find out until the very end, I guess [literally: 'after all,' so there is no doubt in this statement] I'll reveal them. Again, just like "Smash fist" [literally: 'Sumabura ken,' the name of the Japanese SSBM site?] I can't just hold these characters back. "
I wasn't so sure at first, but I'm almost certain after reading that.

The Director

Smash Lord
I think Sakurai also has to realize that human beings have free will, and believe it or not some of us won't look at any of the secret characters. I guess the other 98% of the internet ruins that for them, tho.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Yeah, I pretty much gave up on the idea of not knowing the roster until I've unlocked them myself. It's impossible to avoid that kind of thing unless you just stop visiting the Internet. I don't want to know how you unlock them, what Stages there are, anything about SSE, just who's in and who's out. It's a fighting game, not an RPG.

Crescent

Smash Cadet
I couldn't agree more. I'd like to think that I can hold myself back from looking for the full roster if and when it is revealed, but I know i'm going to give into the pressure eventually. However the roster is all I want to know. I don't want any SSE details that haven't already been on the Dojo, or how to unlock stuff. After all, we haven't had to unlock anything in what, six years now? I'm going to take my time and have fun with it.

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
That might have been the case for PAL countries, but for American release, he only revealed the starters.
And there you have it.

Granted, I'm sure that by the time the game is released, most of the roster, or at least half will have been revealed (thus far he's revealed 23 characters, including the ones we knew would be in from the start). That's practically a given in my mind. But the whole thing? Nah.

Coselm

Smash Ace
Chances are we already have seen all of the characters in the starting roster.

Although it would be nice to know, nonetheless.

Keep us updated!

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
we fail to have a large roster, still. Oh. and I HIGHLY DOUBT a new character will be revealed before Japan's launch...if there are any more at all.

The Director

Smash Lord
When will the player's guide be released in Japan? Mid Jan? We'll def. know after it's released, probably even before it is...maybe that's the purpose of the magazine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom