• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aamon

Smash Cadet
Hmm...I don't think they'll reveal the entire roster, that would make things boring.
I think they'll just show the starting roster.

Aamon

Smash Cadet
It doesnt matter if they do or not, Japan will get Brawl soon after that anyway and we will know everything after that.
Which is why I will be taking a convenient break from the internet when it comes out in Japan.;)

Guglio

Smash Apprentice
They are missing a spot in the new characters area. One more revelation.

M.K

Level 55
I hope it is a WTF character, not someone like Krystal or Ridley (you know they will be in the game)

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I hope the remaning unconfirmed veterans are not unlockable.

How do u know Ridley is in?

Boofer

Smash Ace
You're not. Yoshi and Donkey Kong aren't on the cover, and they are 100% guaranteed to be starters.
Not to mention the cover only has 13 characters. And, the SSB64 cover did not show all of the starters like melee did either. I think we can say that the box art confirms starters, just not all of the starters.

Boofer

Smash Ace
I hope the remaning unconfirmed veterans are not unlockable.

How do u know Ridley is in?
Most of the remaining ones will be, unfortunately. Don't be too upset though, we'll definitely get more unlockable newcomers than unlockable vets.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Not to mention the cover only has 13 characters. And, the SSB64 cover did not show all of the starters like melee did either. I think we can say that the box art confirms starters, just not all of the starters.
Oddly enough, Yoshi and DK are also [the] starters missing on the N64 box...

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I'm starting to think both Snake & Sonic might be unlocked from the start for Vs matches only... It's just a random hunch I have.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Don't see characters being unlocked only in some modes but not others, other than Subspace, of course.

Anyway, as far as whether or not this will show all or only the starters is irrelevant, because Sakurai stated that before the game is released, he WILL be showing every character in the game.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if it's on the new DOJO, but there are members who can attest to him saying it. It was without a doubt back on the original DOJO site where it only had a few character slots showing and played the game's theme.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
timing is running out. Next Saturday the "entire" roaster or the entire "starting" roaster should be reveiled on corocoro.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Is this still contingent even though the euro release date was delayed?

i rise

Smash Apprentice
the euro release date doesn't really have much to do with us.

a lot of the reason why games take so long to come out there is they are translated into like 5 different languages for the different countries in europe.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Oh snap! From today's update:

But even without this mode, given the proliferation of the Internet these days, the existence of hidden characters is going to get exposed anyway.

So, this time I’m moving in the direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters.

This makes it that much more believable that Sakurai will have let Coro Coro reveal all the characters with their issue in 9 days... :chuckle:

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Is that the starting roster I see on tonight's update? I hope not...

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
Thats just who they had playable at E for All, no way Sakurai would give us the updated character select screen(which will probably much smaller character portraits ;p).

Boofer

Smash Ace
Is that the starting roster I see on tonight's update? I hope not...
LOL, I was scared when I saw that too, but then I looked at who was missing. Kirby, Ice Climbers, Zelda, etc... Also, it looks strangely familiar to the E4All Roster. AND the franchises are not grouped together (all of the mario characters are not together).

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Starter makes more sense, or what if we already have all the starters revealed? (Sonic and Snake excluded)so no more will be revealed on the 15th?

Not including ZSS, we have 20 starter characters. That's a really good round number, I wouldn't be surprised if that was it.

EDIT: Max characters? I'm saying no more than 35. 40 max, definitely not above that.

Personally I want to be wrong.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
That could mean we get 30 characters max :p

Or less.

EDIT: Then again, in Famitsu he supposedly said "more characters than you can imagine"... What to believe?

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I'm going to assume we already have the starter roster, and that no more characters will be revealed on the 15th, to prevent disappointment.

lilparadise

Smash Apprentice
That is the starting roster. The E for all character select screen is the starting roster and you guys are saying it' not even after the update. I give up on you guys.
(Character select screen Confirmed, starting roster also Confirmed.)

I'm betting the roster we get from that magazine is from one of the Japanese people, who works for a magazine that went to E for all and saw smash bros. character select.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
That is the starting roster. The E for all character select screen is the starting roster and you guys are saying it' not even after the update. I give up on you guys.
(Character select screen Confirmed, starting roster also Confirmed.
Kirby and Zelda say hi.

User33

Smash Journeyman
LOL @ the n00b who said that this was the starting roster. That's from the E4All demo, and doesn't include Kirby or Zelda; characters playable in the first level of Subspace. Nice try though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom