• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Director

Smash Lord
they were left out of e for all because there were things that Sakurai and/or Nintendo didnt want revealed. What things?

Kirby hats and Zelda's down b.
Exactly. Awry game code could give away a very hidden character from Kirby's hats if all the wrinkles aren't ironed out.

And Sheik? Well, I can ***** about Sakurai's mindset of keeping things a secret and being coy, that's for sure. Come on Sakurai. Throw us one freaking bone, because we haven't gotten any yet.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
When the real roster is leaked, everyone will just cry that it's fake because their favorite character isn't in, and then the thread will be closed.
That is so true...

Honestly, when the real roster is revealed, I have a feeling that there will be as many complaints as there are praises, simply because that's how people are.

Just because kirby and Zelda were in the Subspace E. videos doesn't automaticaly make them starting characters. (Veterans but not starting characters.) The world is unpredictable, like Sakurai.

Lastly it's an update now, scew the E for all videos. You see the pictures, so why are you giving me this crap, or are you blind.
Have you been living under a rock?

If you didn't know, the reason why Nintendo was being so discreat about showing demo footage was because of the updates. All of the material seen could have been a potential update for the Dojo, which is why most Smash Ball information and item information was spoiled for us. But it's still used for updates just so that they wouldn't reveal too much.

I can't vouch for Zelda, but I know Kirby will be a starting character. Characters that are under development such as Snake, Pokemon Trainer, Kirby, and Zelda weren't shown because they posses abnormal abilities that can potential spoil the new in game mechanics.

(Sorry for getting on people, it's not like me. But yet again my hand is forced.)
This is not Melee, it's a hole new game! Just because something happened in Melee doesn't mean it's going to happen in Brawl. Same for the N64 smash.
Worse argument ever.

Just because it's a new game doesn't mean that everything is going to go through a change so radical it doesn't even bare any simblance to it's predecessor. Melee was a new game as well, but it's still Smash Bros. Would it make any sense if Mario was an unlockable character? Well, according to your logic, it would.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
The demo is not the starting rooster, Kirby is defintly a starter, I say every character except snake and sonic on the dojo are starting characters, also don't forget that kirby was in the 3rd event.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
starting ROOSTER lol
but this is a brand new game. Sakurai could've turned it into a FPS if he wanted.

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
It seems more likely that Sakurai will release all of the characters and I mean all of them, with maybe one exception, I think this because of his comment this morning "So, this time I’m moving in the direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters." Yeah so why wouldn't he announce it before some leak site can?

Sorry if someone else mentioned this before

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
For anyone still concerned about the starting roster, here is the melee demo roster: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/0517/charasel.html

Note that not only are there fewer starter characters than in the actual game, but the arrangement and overall look was a bit different.

I would also like to note that Zelda and Kirby aren't in the melee demo. They were starting characters in melee. also, why would Kirby be unlockable, when a more minor character from his series is not. He's the main character.

God, i wish that the whole roster would just get shown so people will shut up about it.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
It seems more likely that Sakurai will release all of the characters and I mean all of them, with maybe one exception, I think this because of his comment this morning "So, this time I’m moving in the direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters." Yeah so why wouldn't he announce it before some leak site can?

Sorry if someone else mentioned this before
I think we've seen the al lthe starters so it'd be unnecessary to re-show them.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
Here's how I interpreted Sakurai's remark about secret character. By not being too hung up, I think he meant he's not going to put too much effort into how you unlock them. In melee and 64,there were all sort of different ways to unlock a character, and I think with Brawl, he's just going to plop all the secret characters in SE. I mean, there WILL be unlockable characters, but I don't think it's any that have been announced on the Dojo. It just doesn't make sense that he would recommend playing through SE first to avoid spoilers if half the roster on the website had to be unlocked.

M.K

Level 55
^I agree, this sentence also threw me for a loop. The SSE should be exciting enough, I mean, it's totally new! Who cares how we unlock the characters?

Cless

Smash Champion
He said that most characters are going to be unlocked in the SE. By not being hung up, he meant that he's not going to care that you can see characters you haven't unlocked yet online.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
He said that most characters are going to be unlocked in the SE. By not being hung up, he meant that he's not going to care that you can see characters you haven't unlocked yet online.
Yeah exactly, and i'm thinking he may start showing unlockable characters on the dojo now.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I just thought of something.

There are going to be a good number of people eager to see the final roster but just as many who aren't interested. I predict CoroCoro will indeed show off the entire roster...

...but Sakurai won't. At least, not at a very fast pace. Sakurai will reveal that roster to Corocoro, who will spoil it for all who care. Meanwhile the Dojo, something more frequented, will remain mostly spoiler free until about mid-January. I can see that happening.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
I just thought of something.

There are going to be a good number of people eager to see the final roster but just as many who aren't interested. I predict CoroCoro will indeed show off the entire roster...

...but Sakurai won't. At least, not at a very fast pace. Sakurai will reveal that roster to Corocoro, who will spoil it for all who care. Meanwhile the Dojo, something more frequented, will remain mostly spoiler free until about mid-January. I can see that happening.
If CoroCoro spoils anything, it will leak and everyone on the internet will know the final roaster by February 10th thanks to trolls, idiots who can't read, and noobs.

But the thing is, some people will still want to visit smashboards for the remaining 2 months and not be spoiled.

Black/Light

Smash Master
i tend to spoil things accidently so, you'd best watch out for my posts after the 15th.
Tell me about it! I remember when that drunk reviewer with a early copy of TP was spoiling the game and put out a pic of Ganon. I made a thread saying I think that Ganon will look like said pic (and posted said pic) in Brawl cause Link had his tp look. Like half the people tried to bite my head off, calling me a spoiler. . . .Nintendo said themselves said a year before hand that Ganon would be in the game yet them seeing a pic that revealed nothing other than him being tied to a rock set them off like fire works.:ohwell:

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Who cares about spoliers anyone. I personally would be happy to know every character, stage, and everything today.

Why do you people stay up every night to see if there's a new character on the Dojo, but are so against finding out a new one from a magazine?

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
Who cares about spoliers anyone. I personally would be happy to know every character, stage, and everything today.

Why do you people stay up every night to see if there's a new character on the Dojo, but are so against finding out a new one from a magazine?
Normally I'd agree with you but ever since Sakurai said that characters are unlocked through the Story mode, I'm not so sure I want to know everything right away, at least in terms of characters. In melee I didn't mind, because it was just another character option, but since characters will be so related to the story, I kind of want it to be more of a surprise. I'm really conflicted about it, actually.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Heh, now that someone mentioned it, it does seem like a bigger deal to spoil the characters this time around since we now know how to see most of them (something he never did for Melee and 64). See, for 64 and Melee you kinda HAVE to look up the unlockable methods because they are either very specific or really random. But for Brawl, now we know that playing the Adventure will have us encounter hidden characters, which is so much more exciting thinking about it...

But, I am still spoiling it for myself regardless. Ridley, Geno, Megaman, Olimar, Sukapon, Lucario, Claus, I must know if certain characters made it in or not (despite not being a fan of some)...

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Heh, now that someone mentioned it, it does seem like a bigger deal to spoil the characters this time around since we now know how to see most of them (something he never did for Melee and 64). See, for 64 and Melee you kinda HAVE to look up the unlockable methods because they are either very specific or really random. But for Brawl, now we know that playing the Adventure will have us encounter hidden characters, which is so much more exciting thinking about it...

But, I am still spoiling it for myself regardless. Ridley, Geno, Megaman, Olimar, Sukapon, Lucario, Claus, I must know if certain characters made it in or not (despite not being a fan of some)...
It was pretty obvious when SSE was first shown you'd unlock allot of characters through it.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Really? Not to me, I had a theory that some would in fact be unlocked there, but many wouldnt be involved until you actually unlocked them (through random generators, like how once you unlocked Falco he would sometimes take Fox's place during the second Corneria level in Melee's Adventure Mode). But either way, now its truly set in stone, and it does make it easier to wait to play the game to see them, because you will know what to do...

Because they're f*gs.

Why stay up when you could get a good sleep and see it when you wake up?
Because I'm a f*g.

Really? Not to me, I had a theory that some would in fact be unlocked there, but many wouldnt be involved until you actually unlocked them (through random generators, like how once you unlocked Falco he would sometimes take Fox's place during the second Corneria level in Melee's Adventure Mode). But either way, now its truly set in stone, and it does make it easier to wait to play the game to see them, because you will know what to do...
Well, I mean, Sakurai said you'd be unlocking most of your characters through SSE, not like we didn't see THAT coming.

I want to see this so called "Roster" everyone's so "hyped" up about. Maybe we can "get" Capt. Fal"con" as a confirmed PC...

I wanna Lucario too...:(

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
o.O err what? Corocoro is a very retible comic you know, they've done this before and it's turned out true...i hope they have pics of each character aswell as some screenies of them in a battle.

Chepe

Smash Lord
They probably will. Coro Coro had the official artwork and even ingame screenshots of Diamond and Pearl when they covered it. They have access to these things just like Famitsu, and sometimes gaming websites...

The Director

Smash Lord
Has coro coro ever made a claim like this and then disappointed before?
They have. And the reason was inaccurate translation. One of its previews said the next issue would have Brawl info. People blew it up to be new characters, stages, etc.

It can disappoint. Then the magazine hit and, once again, it wasn't anything we didn't already know.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Well, this time they said "All/Starting" characters, so we can be sure that we will have profiles with some exclusive screenshots or move information since they will cover the characters...

One thing that we know at least is that Zelda will finally have some new coverage. Sheik debate should be put to an end...

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Also will al these topics dedicated to people who want a character to be in. some people, will be happy, some sad, all i know is i'll be laughing at someoen.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well, this time they said "All/Starting" characters,
This is what Yoshi said in his direct translation of the CC pic.

"Btw someone requested a translation of the above post on Corocoro so...

King Dedede was finally revealed!
We'll have a definitive issue commenting on all the characters from the soon to be released "Smash Bros. Brawl"!! If we talk about any of the details now, we'd run out of things talk about on our website next month. So, for those of who without time machines, stay excited and wait until next month!!"

And I would find it odd for them to put them all into a booket if they are just doing the dojoers. . . I mean, they did bios for mostly all the dojoers (before D3 and Lucas if I remember correctly) in the reg mag that simply talked about the game for 2-3 pages. Their bios where tossed all over the corners of the page.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yeah, and then coupled with Sakurai's So, this time I’m moving in the direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters., makes it believable that Sakurai could have let them be the first to release them so it wouldnt be some random who snuck a copy a week before release...

Also curious is the "Dedede is finally revealed!" comment. Am I the only one who takes it as if they were waiting for Dedede to be announced (aka they already knew he was in the game)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom