• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Yea, they have insider info on the game. They had scans from brawl that where never released to us on the Dojo. And I agree, that last update did make it sound as if Sakurai has the "I know some S.O.B is going to sneak a early copy or guid and spoil it. . . .meaning just about everyone will know the roster before it's release so w/e" feeling in his post.

Im pulling for a full roster. Like I said before, I would have known all the characters by now had it not been delaid so why not?:p

At least with a full roster, everyone's dreams will be crushed right then and there, not later on in the slow process of unlocking everyone/waiting for the JP release to be spoiled....I mean, if Lucario isn't in Brawl, I want to know now, not later while I'm unlocking crap thinking "ZOMG MAEYBE LUCARIO IZ NEXXT LAWLZ".

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I think it could be the entire roster. The game will be out in just 7 weeks in Japan, so the roster should get out any time now. In fact, there's already a supposed "leaked character roster" floating around the internet. I kind of doubt that it's real because there's no proof, but who knows?

SiD

Smash Master
So basically what you're saying is, if you use "irregardless", you hate kittens.

Take that dictionary!

RikyuXz.~

Smash Apprentice
>_> ok...@ the "irregardless" argument

ANYWAY, if they only show the starting roster, I think that there will only be 1 character revealed to us at most. I mean, I don't know if anyone else noticed, but if I recall, there were 6 characters in the ssb64 starting roster. In melee, they doubled the starting roster to 12 characters. Right now, we have 23 characters revealed to us for brawl and assuming they will all be included in the starting roster, then if they double the starting roster from melee, we should have 24 characters for the starting roster (12x2=24. (12 veterans, 12 newcomers.) I may be terribily wrong on this, but this is just my logic speaking.

My opinon on the whole matter is I definately do not want to have the complete roster revealed. I'd rather find out myself by playing SSE. If the complete roster IS revealed, I will simply just peek at 1 new character and then forbid myself from any brawl information found on SWF and only refer to the dojo for brawl information.

Edit: OOPS.. sry folks my theory actually works like this

All characters in 64: 12

Starting roster in melee: 12

All characters in melee: 25 (26 including shiek)

My prediction for brawl's starting roster: 25 (26 including Zamus)

My prediction for brawl's all chars: 42? o_oa?

-RikyuXz

Cless

Smash Champion
There were 8 starters in 64.

I would want to have the whole roster revealed because I want to know who I would be missing in the game. This is first and foremost a fighting game for me.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Captain FaLCON!! willlll b revealed this weeeek! weak! I know it. On december 15rhgjvth or so a magazine will show all the roster. Begggginning roster I will easily and coolly presume. So that meanssss one more character this week, starting the 10th to revvveal the last roster holder.... Nipple CaP!

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
>_> ok...@ the "irregardless" argument

ANYWAY, if they only show the starting roster, I think that there will only be 1 character revealed to us at most. I mean, I don't know if anyone else noticed, but if I recall, there were 6 characters in the ssb64 starting roster. In melee, they doubled the starting roster to 12 characters. Right now, we have 23 characters revealed to us for brawl and assuming they will all be included in the starting roster, then if they double the starting roster from melee, we should have 24 characters for the starting roster (12x2=24. (12 veterans, 12 newcomers.) I may be terribily wrong on this, but this is just my logic speaking.

My opinon on the whole matter is I definately do not want to have the complete roster revealed. I'd rather find out myself by playing SSE. If the complete roster IS revealed, I will simply just peek at 1 new character and then forbid myself from any brawl information found on SWF and only refer to the dojo for brawl information.

Edit: OOPS.. sry folks my theory actually works like this

All characters in 64: 12

Starting roster in melee: 12

All characters in melee: 25 (26 including shiek)

My prediction for brawl's starting roster: 25 (26 including Zamus)

My prediction for brawl's all chars: 42? o_oa?

-RikyuXz
There were 8 starters in 64, and 14 starters in Melee.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Weird. Can anybody read that?

I see the smash render of mario at the bottom, but what are the 2-d mario's and that kirby for? Are those also for SSBB? If so, then who is behind kirby, some random japanese character?

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I can see the Smash Bros. X Katakana, but all it says is "Smash Bros X. Dairantou scoop" in both slots. I see nothing else in the same text color around it.

And before you start hammering me about translations, don't bother. I can only read katakana, hiragana, and I barely know any kanji... and my vocabulary sucks to boot. But yeah, I can decipher katakana for the most part.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
I know Japanese, and I've already seen that cover. It doesn't tell you anything new.
Just wait for the 14th/15th, 'kay?

And the Mario and Kirby cartoon images are from a comic series that runs in that magazine.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Hmm...If they were going to reveal something big, wouldn't you expect the theme to revolve around SSBB? Instead, we get one tiny picture of Mario. It kind of makes me think we'll probably just get what we already know.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
The ones in the old Nintendo Power were better, I'm sure. lol.
I have that whole Mario comic from Nintendo Power, and yes, it most certainly is awesome.

The one in Japan has been going since 1990 and follows Mario's stories game-by-game for the most part.
It's a gag series just like the one in NP, so there's lots of comedy throughout it.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Hmm...somebody on gamefaqs is claiming that this is a quote from Coro Coro:

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/470/brawlzd8.jpg

Translation:

The January [2008] issue of Coro Coro Comics, set to go on sale on December 15, includes a guidebook for Smash Bros. X [Brawl] in which all characters are explained.

This guide, "SMASH BROS. X ALL CHARACTER REVEAL BOOK," explains all characters in a single volume!

Guide includes:
All Characters, Including Hidden Ones
Assist Figures
Set To Go On Sale December 15th

Can we get a confirmation?

M.K

Level 55
Hmm, the Game***S got to it? Seems too good to be true...

Do you have a link to the thread Boofer?

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Now a new magic date: December 15.

Whatever happened to December 3? I'd rather not get my hopes up...

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Now a new magic date: December 15.

Whatever happened to December 3? I'd rather not get my hopes up...
I can't get my hopes up for Dec. 15. I got a final. lol.

But my magic date... Jan. 24th. It shall all be over. The speculation. The support threads (Mog's, specifically). The theories...

It will be a sad day for Smashboards, I must say. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom