• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I don't think that they could get in any trouble for it. The worst that could happen is, if Nintendo doesn't want them to reveal the roster and they do anyway, they would gain a reputation of being untrustworthy and companies would be less likely to give them inside info on games in the future.

They wouldn't put anything in their magazine without permission to though.

schep

Smash Cadet
Sakurai wouldn't leak the final roster just yet

i personally don't believe that on the 15th we will see the final roster. The information on this game has been on lock down since the announcement. Also, keeping up debate for the game creates conversation and intrest which will only lead to greater speculation and ultimately sales. I'm guessing we'll see the starting roster which is still freakin' awesome!!! A great find, thanks man.

-Y-peace-Y-

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
i personally don't believe that on the 15th we will see the final roster. The information on this game has been on lock down since the announcement. Also, keeping up debate for the game creates conversation and intrest which will only lead to greater speculation and ultimately sales. I'm guessing we'll see the starting roster which is still freakin' awesome!!! A great find, thanks man.

-Y-peace-Y-
He mentioned about how he wasn't worrying much about secret characters because of th way the iternet is today. Possible foreshadowing of the roster leak to come a week later?

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Everyone, prepare to be disappointed when we already knew everything in the Mag.

Ytoabn08

Smash Cadet
How many times have we been optimistic about a certain date only to have our hopes dashed. On Dec 15, that magazine will do nothing more than confirm the characters that are up on the Dojo right now are indeed the starting characters.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
How many times have we been optimistic about a certain date only to have our hopes dashed. On Dec 15, that magazine will do nothing more than confirm the characters that are up on the Dojo right now are indeed the starting characters.
Didn't the translation say the full roster?

The updates and stuff were just speculation created by us.

Coro Coro (an EXTREMELY reliable source) said that they WILL have the roster on that set date, so that's why we have such a good reaosn to be hyped for it.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Guys December 3rd is going to be the best update evar! [/sarcasm]

But seriously, I hope we do get the full roster, I'm just about ready to know it. It's a fighting game, for crying out loud, not an RPG. Getting a full cast of characters isn't bad, getting SSE spoilers is.

But, as has been pointed out, we're just setting ourselves up for a disappointment. Here's to hoping I'm wrong..

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Guys December 3rd is going to be the best update evar! [/sarcasm]

But seriously, I hope we do get the full roster, I'm just about ready to know it. It's a fighting game, for crying out loud, not an RPG. Getting a full cast of characters isn't bad, getting SSE spoilers is.

But, as has been pointed out, we're just setting ourselves up for a disappointment. Here's to hoping I'm wrong..
I could go either way on this, I mean I want to know is in it to see if my favorite chars made it in, but the OMGZ who is that?!! factor is cool to have to, Regardless of whether or not they release the full roster a partial roster, or just the starters is completely up in the air but on the 15th im going to find out thats for sure. Even without looking its gonna pretty hard not to get the characters spoiled for you come the 24th of jan, with the japanese release, the characters will be leaked... i mean its the internetz

Revven

FrankerZ
Yes, however, those times were speculation, this isn't. This is a magazine that is pretty reliable with information like this, heck, even a translation a couple of pages ago says that what they will reveal will include hidden characters (all of them) too. I'm not saying to get your hopes up or down, just expect the unexpected.

Boofer

Smash Ace
I don't think that everyone who sakurai announced will be starting characters. It just seems odd to have that many to start out with.
The only one's that really seem odd are Dedede, Snake and Sonic. Most of them, no doubt will be starters though. I think the character drought either means we're either done with starters, or we're approaching being done with them.

Sakurai probably intended to only reveal a couple more starters after dedede and before the initial release. That makes sense, considering dedede was released in late october. I think the delay messed him up and forced him to space these last couple out dramatically.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman

-Y-peace-Y-
don't you think reveiling all of the characters without knowing anything about them other than their names and possibly their look actually cause MORE discussion and speculation because of the many unknowns.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Wow, the thing is called the "Dairantou Smash Brothers X: All Characters Big Release Book."

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I'm gonna laugh when Megaman is confirmed after all the people say"Megaman won't be in Brawl!"

Also i wonder if they'll put the special moveset for each character, and i'm hoping Ness returns and Sheik doesn't.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
I'm gonna laugh when Megaman is confirmed after all the people say"Megaman won't be in Brawl!"

Also i wonder if they'll put the special moveset for each character, and i'm hoping Ness returns and Sheik doesn't.
Basically, on December 15th, Every single speculation character thread for other characters will die. Smash Boards will be in chaos. Of course, On Dec 15th im going to check this thread to see if it was true or not, and if it was true...

I'll say Good-bye as for I won't return until Feb 10th. :)

majora_787

Smash Hero
Megaman in. wow, great idea. oh and let's put duke nukem, sora, rayman, cloud, and master cheif in as well instead of bringing characters like Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Marth, Ridley and Luigi in. GREAT IDEA /sarcasm

No. we have enough third parties. we need to focus more on adding villains and veterans. namely Falco, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Marth, Luigi, Ridley, K. Rool, Wolf, Gameandwatch and Capt. Falcon. Yes, my comment is hopeful fanboyism.

Card

Smash Lord
This really is a win-win situation when you think about it...

Either we get a magazine stocked with tons of new screenshots and information about characters we already know

or

we get a magazine stocked with tons of new information about characters we don't know.

It just depends how YOU want to look at it. I, for one, will definitely not be disappointed either way.

majora_787

Smash Hero
same here. an in-depth look on confirmed characters is great if we can't get a vague look at everyone in the game. I'd love to hear about Pit Ike and Dedede some more <_<

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
This really is a win-win situation when you think about it...

Either we get a magazine stocked with tons of new screenshots and information about characters we already know

or

we get a magazine stocked with tons of new information about characters we don't know.

It just depends how YOU want to look at it. I, for one, will definitely not be disappointed either way.
Though i agree i'd rather choice b.

...holy **** that rhymed. :p

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
Ridley would be a waste of space. Why do people want that thing anyway?
He's not a likable or even good character. Plus he doesn't even have a tangible personality. No offense.

I hope you enjoy playing Brawl nonetheless!

Let's hope for some real good info next week! Anything would suffice!

Darkraid

Smash Champion
He's not a likable or even good character. Plus he doesn't even have a tangible personality. No offense.

Not likable? You are freaking kidding me. There are tons of Ridley fans out there. Better be careful not to piss them off. Thank You

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord

I think you just signed your own death warrant. I would suggest running far FAR away.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I wasn't getting my hope to up for this, but now, after Sakurai said:

But even without this mode, given the proliferation of the Internet these days, the existence of hidden characters is going to get exposed anyway.

So, this time I’m moving in the direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters.
I hopes have been risen! It's coming out in just over a month in Japan, that means the game is most likely finished, and they're just mass producing it and shipping it out all across the country.

So now I can't wait until Friday! Right now it's:

12:48 AM Monday (JST) - Time in Tokyo, Japan

That means by 7am here, it'll be 4pm there, so I'll be waking up to the news! Yay! :)

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Random Japanese people who will upload scans a couple of days early :)
Yep, and those scans will be translated into english and posted right here on Smash Boards. Then, the entire internet will be leaked with them within a week. So don't visit popular forums/gaming websites because they will spoil them. Someone will stupidly put one of the hidden characters in their siggy so it's impossible.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Yep, and those scans will be translated into english and posted right here on Smash Boards. Then, the entire internet will be leaked with them within a week. So don't visit popular forums/gaming websites because they will spoil them. Someone will stupidly put one of the hidden characters in their siggy so it's impossible.
And don't go on ign, 1up, gamespot, gamefaqs, or the internets.

Boofer

Smash Ace
ehh...Samurai Panda thinks we're only going to get stuff we already know, if listen to the latest Round Table Discussion.

Machete

Smash Ace

Yeah, the second most deserving, recognizable and important character from an important series is a waste of space.

Do you think that Ridley has not a personality? Read the Metroid manga.

Hopefully we'll know the entire roster, although sadly it seems like we'll see only the starting roster (and it'll be surely the characters that we already known from Dojo minus the third-parties, and Captain Falcon and maybe Sheik).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom