• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebert

Smash Ace
I can't get my hopes up for Dec. 15. I got a final. lol.

But my magic date... Jan. 24th. It shall all be over. The speculation. The support threads (Mog's, specifically). The theories...

It will be a sad day for Smashboards, I must say. lol.
Yeah, the time between the release dates will be dull.

RikyuXz.~

Smash Apprentice
Yes, PLZ PLZ PLZ DO NOT get your hopes up. It's so annoying getting people making threads everywhere saying, "OMG THIS UPDATE WAS SO GAY!" when really it would be a decent update but it was turned into a crappy one due to everyone hyping it up..

Anyways, if ALLL characters are revealed, i would be kinda dissapointed cuz i wanna see them all through SSE.. oh well, i'll just peek at one newcomer then :p

bastula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
secretanchitman
3DS FC
0130-1885-4238
Switch FC
SW-2373-3239-8999
cant wait for the 15th.....hopefully there is something good.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Random question:

When do scans of the next issue of Coro Coro get leaked? From following various Shonen Jump manga, we get scans about 5-7 days earlier than the actual release of the magazine. Does anyone know if the same pattern will follow?

M.K

Level 55
^IMO, we should be watching out for the scans this week, between December 10-15. The scans of the magazine usually get leaked before the magazine's actual publication date. I've had experience with CoroCoro with Pokemon Diamond/Pearl.

To be honest, CoroCoro actually DID NOT reveal all 493 pokemon through leaks. They might've revealed...hmm...maybe 15 new pokemon during the game's production that we had no previous knowledge of. Shieldon, Cranidos, Carnivine, Burmy, Turtwig, Piplup, Chimchar, Cherrim, Buneary, Electivire, Roserade, Palkia, and Dialga are the ones I can remember off the top of my head that CoroCoro did reveal.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Didn't Corocoro reveal almost all of the D/P pokemon before the games came out? Maybe we'll get that type of deal: Almost all PCs, but a few we've yet to see.
Did they have permission to reveal those Pokemon? I never knew if they did... what if they had permission to reveal almost all of the Pokemon, yet they didn't get permission to reveal Brawl's full roster?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I'm positive they had permission...since they showed screens and artwork. They've revealed a bunch of stuff about the Pokemon games before DP, too.

I'm sure Nintendo and whoever tell them exactly what they can and can't reveal. It's kinda silly to think they're some sort of renegade magazine or something.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I'm pretty sure they could get in trouble for leaking something without Nintendo's permission, and am not keeping my hopes too high for this. I'm mostly expecting the starting roster, and hopefully my acceptance letter to NYU (Wish me luck).

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I think we're gonna get new screenshots of the characters we already know. If there is a new character shown, it will probably appear on the Dojo before the magazine is released (which would be awesome).

Also, I think they are gonna be total b_tches and show screenshots of Zelda, but not her special moves :p

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure they could get in trouble for leaking something without Nintendo's permission, and am not keeping my hopes too high for this. I'm mostly expecting the starting roster, and hopefully my acceptance letter to NYU (Wish me luck).
They could have permission to reveal the entire roster.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Speculation threads tend to end in failure.

Icon Discovery..
December 3rd...

Anyway, I hope Corocoro isn't the same. I really don't have high hopes for it anyway.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Speculation threads tend to end in failure.

Icon Discovery..
December 3rd...

Anyway, I hope Corocoro isn't the same. I really don't have high hopes for it anyway.
The Icon thing was just a theory to begin with, and the I can't believe people actually expected something amazing on December 3rd...

At least with the magazine they actually said they are revealing SOMETHING on the 15th, be it the starting or (less likely) complete roster.

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
good find, it probably going to be 1 or 2 more characters in addition to the ones we already know.

The Director

Smash Lord
We don't. We'll have Kirby as a starter, but the char select screen we've seen didn't have him.
Ugh. Come on people, really? Kirby isn't going to be unlockable. Here's PROOF why he isn't:

He's on the boxart of the game. (<--- All the proof you need.)

He was one of the characters in the first trailer.

He was one of the first characters to be given a bio on the Dojo.

You can choose to be Kirby on the very first level of Subspace.

He was a starter in Melee and 64.

He's Sakurai's little baby.

Ugh.

Thats cause it was the Brawl DEMO character list, some of those characters might not actually be in the Starting Characters.
Thank you. So I guess the same logic that says Kirby is an unlockable also says that Sonic is part of the starting roster. :psycho:

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
What if they revealed the entire roster, and it was just all the characters that everyone wanted, within reason? And there wasn't any surprises or WTF characters? How could you go on living?

I'm down for Sukapon or Lip.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
What if they revealed the entire roster, and it was just all the characters that everyone wanted, within reason? And there wasn't any surprises or WTF characters? How could you go on living?

I'm down for Sukapon or Lip.
i think everyone would be okay with having all the characters they wanted. :p

actually, those WOULD be wtf and surprise characters.

M.K

Level 55
oK. proof. All Characters. Nice...
Well, uhm, not exactly. I really hope they mean ALL the characters, but it's such a general statement, that we can't exactly pinpoint the true meaning.

OMG, why doesn't someone E-Mail CoroCoro??? Just type it in English, translate it through a translator to Japanese, get their email, and send them

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Well, uhm, not exactly. I really hope they mean ALL the characters, but it's such a general statement, that we can't exactly pinpoint the true meaning.

OMG, why doesn't someone E-Mail CoroCoro??? Just type it in English, translate it through a translator to Japanese, get their email, and send them
They already said they wont talk about it anymore. And umm... good luck with that E-Mailing thing

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It would be nice to see the entire roster but after reading the translation, I think it IS referring ONLY to the characters we already have...

I think it's just going to post a little description of the characters from the Dojo, maybe tell their specials and such

In the least, we will FINALLY know if Sheik is in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom