• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilparadise

Smash Apprentice
LOL @ the n00b who said that this was the starting roster. That's from the E4All demo, and doesn't include Kirby or Zelda; characters playable in the first level of Subspace. Nice try though

Just because kirby and Zelda were in the Subspace E. videos doesn't automaticaly make them starting characters. (Veterans but not starting characters.) The world is unpredictable, like Sakurai.

Lastly it's an update now, scew the E for all videos. You see the pictures, so why are you giving me this crap, or are you blind.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Just because kirby and Zelda were in the Subspace E. videos doesn't automaticaly make them starting characters. (Veterans but not starting characters.) The world is unpredictable, like Sakurai.
*Sigh*

They are playable from the start no doubt about it just like in melee. And ffs I wish captain falcon would be confirmed already.

lilparadise

Smash Apprentice
*Sigh*

They are playable from the start no doubt about it just like in melee. And ffs I wish captain falcon would be confirmed already.

(Sorry for getting on people, it's not like me. But yet again my hand is forced.)
This is not Melee, it's a hole new game! Just because something happened in Melee doesn't mean it's going to happen in Brawl. Same for the N64 smash.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I don't know why Sakurai is taking his sweet time in releasing the obvious characters: Ganon, Luigi, Captain Falcon. It kind of makes me mad because he can go ahead and release them, we know they will be in the game whether hidden or not.

Boofer

Smash Ace
That is the starting roster. The E for all character select screen is the starting roster and you guys are saying it' not even after the update. I give up on you guys.
(Character select screen Confirmed, starting roster also Confirmed.)

I'm betting the roster we get from that magazine is from one of the Japanese people, who works for a magazine that went to E for all and saw smash bros. character select.
I guess this COULD mean that not all of the characters we thought were starters actually are now. We might be given a very limited amount of characters, even some that you'd expect to be starters. Maybe we'll have to unlock those characters too? I doubt it, but it's certainly a possibility considering the way Subspace Emissary is set up.

However this definitely isn't the select screen. Why would we have Metaknight before Kirby?. Why isn't there enough room to even fit all of the confirmed characters? Why would he even mention being spoiled by people online if so many of the revealed characters were unlockable?

Also, to quote a person from a closed topic that relates to this discussion:

AsbestosBlatant said:
A while back he said he was going to reveal every hidden character eventually, and has already confirmed that Sonic is not going to be a starter character so it's only reasonable to assume that we HAVE seen some unlockable characters up to this point.
Yes, but Sonic is a special case. In that quote, he said that he was going to relase those characters the same way he revealed the melee characters; after the release date.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Captain Falcon is probably secret again, like in SSB64.

This is not Melee, it's a hole new game! Just because something happened in Melee doesn't mean it's going to happen in Brawl. Same for the N64 smash.
Dude! Did you even read my post?!

SONIC. IS. A. SECRET. CHARACTER.

We know that already, therefore this screen is from the demo. Capiche?

lilparadise

Smash Apprentice
However this definitely isn't the select screen. Why would we have Metaknight before Kirby?. Why isn't there enough room to even fit all of the confirmed characters?
That's easy. As you unlock characters there icons get smaller. (In the select screen)

Don't ask me about kirby, I'm not Sakurai.

Hi SuperLink9 I was woundering where you went.

I read your post. It just doesn't make cents to me, how you through opinions and assumptions at me. Where are the facts? You say thats not the selection screen. Can you back up that idea? No. You say it's the demo screen, and I agree, but how do you know the demo screen is or isn't the starting roster? Can you back that up?

Boofer

Smash Ace
That's easy. As you unlock characters there icons get smaller. (In the select screen)

Don't ask me about kirby, I'm not Sakurai.
Ok, but why would Sakurai mention character spoilers if so many of the characters on the dojo are unlockable? And I still think Metaknight and no Kirby is a dead give away that this is not the real select screen. Not to mention the order of the characters is random AND the E4All people specifically said that it was a limited roster in a video.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
(Sorry for getting on people, it's not like me. But yet again my hand is forced.)
Yes, it's a new game, but there's no way they aren't having Zelda and Kirby as starters.

I personally think that we are going to have a larger starter: secret character ratio this time. I'm guessing maybe 8 secret characters and at least 25 starters.

I also think at least one new secret character will be unveiled on ther 15th. Sakurai's comment in the update most likely is a foreshadowing of the character announcement that is to come soon.

lilparadise

Smash Apprentice
Ok, but why would Sakurai mention character spoilers if so many of the characters on the dojo are unlockable? And I still think Metaknight and no Kirby is a dead give away that this is not the real select screen. Not to mention the order of the characters is random AND the E4All people specifically said that it was a limited roster in a video.

All of our question and assumptions will be answered when the game comes out.

(Your first question.) Maybe thats what he meant by characters being spoiled by the internet. He also said he wasn't worried about unlockable characters.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
All of our question and assumptions will be answered when the game comes out.

(Your first question.) Maybe thats what he meant by characters being spoiled by the internet.
It's confirmed that Sonic and all third party characters will be unlockable. That screen has Sonic because Sakurais put him in the demo , somewhat as a favor, because of the delay.

That screen = no way the starting character select screen. It's the demo screen used at E for All.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Yes, it's a new game, but there's no way they aren't having Zelda and Kirby as starters.

I personally think that we are going to have a larger starter: secret character ratio this time. I'm guessing maybe 8 secret characters and at least 25 starters.

I also think at least one new secret character will be unveiled on ther 15th. Sakurai's comment in the update most likely is a foreshadowing of the character announcement that is to come soon.
Really? You think we'll only get 8 secrets? I highly doubt that. That would mean that the secret veterans would take up about half of those spots. So that would leave what, about 4 newcomers? Doubt it.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Really? You think we'll only get 8 secrets? I highly doubt that. That would mean that the secret veterans would take up about half of those spots. So that would leave what, about 4 newcomers? Doubt it.

Maybe 10, but I really suspect a lot more starters and about the same amount of hidden characters as Melee for Brawl.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Maybe 10, but I really suspect a lot more starters and about the same amount of hidden characters as Melee for Brawl.
Well, I guess that's possible.

Imo, I think the ratio will be more like 22 : 15. That's probably a bit optimistic, but I'd say it's still pretty realistic. 15 because if we get like 6 secret vets, we'll most likely get more than that many newcomers. My guess is about 9 newcomers.

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
wow so this is official sweet no rumors this time :) but yea i think they will give starting roster cause y give away all the secrets, even though they will be given away online anyways, they need something to suprise us

Cless

Smash Champion
I kinda hope they do. All the bickering'll stop then. Some hearts'll be broken, and some will jump for joy, but all the character bickering would stop.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I expect the starting roster to include:

Everone on the Dojo except for Snake and Sonic.

Animal Crosser

Captain Falcon

Cless

Smash Champion
Aren't third parties unlockables? Captain Falcon was a starter in Melee. I don't see why he can't be in Brawl.

Boofer

Smash Ace
I kinda hope they do. All the bickering'll stop then. Some hearts'll be broken, and some will jump for joy, but all the character bickering would stop.
Dammit, me too! I wouldn't have to keep thinking of theories and such for which characters will be in. Then we can focus on how the characters will play.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure everyone in my wishlist'll make it as they do have great chances and aren't far-fetched.

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
Awesome find! I hope we get the starting roster *To clear up some dispute about Zelda, Kirby, and the Ice Climber's positions in the game*

As much as I'd love to know who is in the game *all unlockables* I feel that it won't happen. So I am not getting my hopes up.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Sakurai will never reveal the unlockable chars.

The players will have to find out by themselves.

Sakurai said:
But even without this mode, given the proliferation of the Internet these days, the existence of hidden characters is going to get exposed anyway.

So, this time I’m moving in the direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters.

10 charzfhs

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
When the real roster is leaked, everyone will just cry that it's fake because their favorite character isn't in, and then the thread will be closed.

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
When the real roster is leaked, everyone will just cry that it's fake because their favorite character isn't in, and then the thread will be closed.
You're exactly right! Enough said.

The Director

Smash Lord
Yo, I know Brawl's going to be different from Melee and 64 and whatnot, and I know we can only speculate since we don't have official confirmation yet but...Kirby as an unlockable? Come on people. He's ****ing Kirby. Stop it. He's going to be a starter. So will Zelda.

I'm sure there are reasons why Sakurai left them out of E for All. Technical game code reasons. It's clear that Brawl's not ready yet. Think about it this way: you don't screen a movie that only has half of it's scenes completed.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Yo, I know Brawl's going to be different from Melee and 64 and whatnot, and I know we can only speculate since we don't have official confirmation yet but...Kirby as an unlockable? Come on people. He's ****ing Kirby. Stop it. He's going to be a starter. So will Zelda.

I'm sure there are reasons why Sakurai left them out of E for All. Technical game code reasons. It's clear that Brawl's not ready yet. Think about it this way: you don't screen a movie that only has half of it's scenes completed.
they were left out of e for all because there were things that Sakurai and/or Nintendo didnt want revealed. What things?

Kirby hats and Zelda's down b.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom