• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
kashikomarima****a was my trusted source of info on this, and as he stated, it's nothing new. I was going to credit him before. but I had to go back and copy+ paste his name lol.
LOL I love how the filter sensors his name. Also, scans or it didn't happen.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
...Am I the only one who finds "(noun) or it didn't happen" really annoying? There's just something syntactically or grammatically unnerving about it. (And I'm not harping on you, Aryman; you just posted it most recently, that's all.)

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
can somebody lock this thread now that we know not only was it old info, it wasnt even a booklet only about characters?

points to this being possible:
1. All the characters in Brawl have been revealed. Nobody else will be added.

i call no flames!

Igneous42

Smash Ace
What a shame. In the midst of this drought, I was really looking forward to some new information! And what about Serebii's claim that the starting roster would be revealed in this issue? Is that topic even mentioned in the magazine?
I think there is a very good chance that we already have the starting roster. I bet Minus Snake and Sonic the Dojo is starting roster. we have 23 Chars on the site-2 for Sonic and Snake we get 21 -1 for ZSS (since she is a part of Samus) and that gives us a 20 char starting roster, a realistic number if you ask me. I mean how many starters did we have in Melee? around 12 wasn't it (don't remember off top of my head), this almost doubles that. And assuming it follows melee half the roster will be locked, so say 20 unlockables for a 40 char roster. It all makes sense. The only char i'd expect to see before release (japans that is) is maybe Sheik if she's still in and part of Zelda.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
can somebody lock this thread now that we know not only was it old info, it wasnt even a booklet only about characters?

points to this being possible:
1. All the characters in Brawl have been revealed. Nobody else will be added.

i call no flames!
No LOCK! We need a few days to have a place to release our anger and frustration. I call this thread as being that place. (and the other corocoro thread)

Cless

Smash Champion
I think there is a very good chance that we already have the starting roster. I bet Minus Snake and Sonic the Dojo is starting roster. we have 23 Chars on the site-2 for Sonic and Snake we get 21 -1 for ZSS (since she is a part of Samus) and that gives us a 20 char starting roster, a realistic number if you ask me. I mean how many starters did we have in Melee? around 12 wasn't it (don't remember off top of my head), this almost doubles that. And assuming it follows melee half the roster will be locked, so say 20 unlockables for a 40 char roster. It all makes sense. The only char i'd expect to see before release (japans that is) is maybe Sheik if she's still in and part of Zelda.
There was 14 starters in Melee. This is what I'd thought they do for starters since it's what they did from 64 to Melee, but one game isn't enough to base anything off of.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But do we know(out of the chars we know) which ones are starters? Isn't that what it was supposed to show us?
All the ones on the DOJO apparently, excluding Sonic and Snake most likely

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Oh.....proof?
Sorry, but I don't wanna be pissed off and find out this is fake too...
QFT, this thread is lacking serious proof at the moment.

I wasn't expecting a whole ton from this magazine, but I'm not believing anything without scans, whether that be good or bad news.

Boofer

Smash Ace
I'm sure that if it said that a starter list was confirmed in the booklet, Kashkomarima****a would have mentioned it.
Aww...Come on >_>...So even with my own low expectations of this stupid *** book, I'm STILL left disappointed? Remind me to lower my expectations for everything in the future. Brawl = 30 characters, total.

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
Everyone has a cellphone. At least a cellphone pic of the booklet in hands is enough for me.

Why would anyone even claim anything without a scan/picture? You're either lookin for attention or askin for people to not believe you.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
W8 what have I missed? Does some1 other then Serebii have CoroCoro? Or has he given some info? No Images yet?
Apparently, Serebii was Bull****, and kashikomarima$hita says its all old news...
I still don't believe anything without proof..

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Apparently, Serebii was Bull****, and kashikomarima$hita says its all old news...
I still don't believe anything without proof..
Exactly.

I know some people who get CoroCoro imported to them here in the US, and they tell me that the speed of CoroCoro scans showing up on the internet is directly related to the popularity of the game. Brawl is probably the biggest game right now, so if this issue truely is available already, scans would be everywhere.

Like someone else said, screenshot or it didn't happen.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Dammit, CoroCoro...that's some weak ****, my *****....weak **** indeed. Actually I didn't buy it for a second so I'm really not upset.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
I wish I had a crazy Japanese phone camera that took good pictures instead crappy ones like mine.

Yeah my phone is sweet. I spent a little extra to get something nice. It even has the ability to post my GPS location on an emergency website in the event Im in an earthquake, and I could leave a message that would eventually picked up and posted there. Should thid happen it would totally suck though

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah my phone is sweet. I spent a little extra to get something nice. It even has the ability to post my GPS location on an emergency website in the event Im in an earthquake, and I could leave a message that would eventually picked up and posted there. Should thid happen it would totally suck though
You people and your good phones with their Playstation games. No, but that is a really cool feature despite the terrible circumstances in which it becomes useful.

Just a quick thing though... Is there a Zelda article? And if so does it say anything about her down B at all? Even "You'll have to wait and see."
You know, as a Shiek main, I am totally disinterested about her inclusion.

Eszett

Smash Cadet
I am not the least bit unnerved by the fluke of information CoroCoro gave. I've sailed through more boring waters before.

...Am I the only one who finds "(noun) or it didn't happen" really annoying? There's just something syntactically or grammatically unnerving about it. (And I'm not harping on you, Aryman; you just posted it most recently, that's all.)
The only things I see that are grammatically incorrect are the lack of a verb to form a imperative sentence and a comma to separate the conjunction "or" from this imperative, which given the grammatical turpitude of the Internet is pretty good.

That being said, the phrase does not bother me in the least. Grammaticians aren't meant to be policing the Internet - methods of communication on the Internet are deliberately truncated so as to facilitate ease of typing. It should not be an issue as long as a concept is understandable from the text.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
so i guess this mean that serebii was full of it? despite what everyone was saying about him being trustworthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom