• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splite

Smash Rookie
mewtwo replaced by lucario? hmm.. that makes little sence. the only thing i could see is aura sphere being the same as mewtwos B haha. i guess they have a similar build also but i doubt we should be getting too much into this as we cannot be sure until we get solid proof.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
I don't play as Mewtwo much, but at least I knew who he was before Melee, or watching any episode of the Pokemon anime for that matter. I remembered I battled Mewtwo in Pokemon Blue to near death, than threw the Master Ball to catch him.

It would sadden me a little if he were truly gone, only to be replaced by someone I've never heard of until I came to Smashboards and heard all this talk about this "Lucario" fellow. I didn't even know he was a Pokemon before someone told me....

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
...****. I completely trust Serebii.net when it comes to information as I've been on the forums for a year or two now and have been a regular visitor of the site, and if he really said that... I would be very disappointed with Sakurai's decision to get rid of Mewtwo for Lucario.

Chepe

Smash Lord
LadyCelebi is the real deal. She was even cited as evidence against that "Ridley, Falcon, and Luigi confirmed" thread, go look through the last couple of pages. In fact...

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40131545&page=4

Inside the cited from there GFAQS thread on that fake info, where LadyCelebi begins posting. Follow her posts throughout the final pages... She aint fake. And she DID say that Lucario replaced Mewtwo and that Serebii Joe knows it. I was there when she did a few weeks back. The topic is now gone, but Im serious...

Be prepared for a Mewtwo-less Brawl is all Im saying...

Brockman5

Smash Ace
Ok so tommorow is just the starting roster i suppose..and serebii's not in on it but he knows info but isn't allowed to speak of it, but if you watch what he say he drops hints....

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
LadyCelebi is the real deal. She was even cited as evidence against that "Ridley, Falcon, and Luigi confirmed" thread, go look through the last couple of pages. In fact...

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40131545&page=4

Inside the cited from there GFAQS thread on that fake info, where LadyCelebi begins posting. Follow her posts throughout the final pages... She aint fake. And she DID say that Lucario replaced Mewtwo and that Serebii Joe knows it. I was there when she did a few weeks back. The topic is now gone, but Im serious...

Thank you..

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice

I thought he said he didn't know the full roster? So, how would he know whether or not Mewtwo was back?

(I'm starting to smell a little BS)

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I thought he said he didn't know the full roster? So, how would he know whether or not Mewtwo was back?

(I'm starting to smell a little BS)
He said he knew some characters that were in that others don't know are in, but he doesn't know the full roster.

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
Lucario is cool... But I really, REALLY wanted a buffed up Mewtwo for Brawl. Mewtwo is the most badass Pokemon, but he sucked in Melee.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Seems like all we'll ever have is a bunch of conspiracy theories and false leads...

Brockman5

Smash Ace
@shishu same here...

Serebii said he knows the starting roster, he knows some melee characters that won't make it to brawl, and he knows alittle about others..

If serebii says he knows of the lucario thing then im going to have to trust him because ive been a member of his forum for a good while and he doesnt speak fiction..

Chepe

Smash Lord
Again, convenient.
Um, not really. But the GFAQs system is quite different than here. With all the topics sprouting every few seconds, the site cant hold them all forever. Every night it does a mass purging of old topics, ones that have not been posted in for days or weeks depending on how big the board is...

The topic I am talking about is now about a month old, so its been purged for weeks now. It was an Anti-Lucario topic though, which come up quite a bit overthere. Im not lying, but I feel that you wont believe me no matter what I say, so I will just leave it at that for now...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Just the Special moves!!!....ahh who am I kidding..:(
I still hope the vet's in, and that Mewtwo is in.
Blondes....BRAWL IS DUMBER! :laugh: jk...Seriously though, they are diffrent, but Ness is all but gone. Looking at Ness, I'd prefer him moveset and characterwise, and for the fact I like to direct all Japan only characters who would be playable (except now Roy and Marth aren't Japan only characters! :grin:) to the trophy, sticker, and AT list! :grin: Whoever thought of making a bAir a spike must have been drunk. Seriously, Ness' bAir is WAYYYY better then Lucas'. It was a kill move (not a spike), that worked, and was a great attack. Lucas should have kept Ness' old move.

And Mewtwo not in Brawl=gay. And like all other rumors, that rumor is false, PERIOD. This thread went to HE double hockey sticks, didn't it! :laugh:

Also, I know all of you people who believe this crap are wrong. Like the IC are cut rumor, the Sonic, Ike, King Dedede, and Didy Kong won't be in crap, etc. If this turns into a full scale rumor (the 2nd coming of the great lie), and it's wrong....PREPARE FOR RUMOR STARTERS GOT OWNED PART 2! :)

Point is, it is unreliable, false, and all you are going to be mocked for believing it. I can GUARENTEE IT IS FALSE! If they know part of the roster, how hard is it to get the full roster=??? How hard would it be to get who's cut=??? How hard is it to get screenshots=??? POINT PROVEN! I WIN, YOU LOSE! :p

And if you compare Mewtwo and Lucario, you might as well compare the Pokémon Trainer and Pikachu. Fighting-Steel type, the ultimate Psychic (only) Pokémon. Mewtwo better be in because he's awsome (and needs his revenge), and Jigglypuff better be in because it's moveset rocks, and any new Pokémon's moveset (other then Lucario's) would fail next to it. F-A-I-L! :p Plus Jigglypuff is a 2vs2 GOD! :)

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I'd say people need to stop being stupid and know when to believe something legit or not.

Serebii is legit, I'm 100% sure on that.

The only reason he isn't saying much is because of his big ego, lol.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Lucario replacing Mewtwo?

Lucario is my favorite pokemon of the 4th generation so I would be glad if this rumor turned out to be true, I think it's time for a pokemon to at least represent 1 generation that isn't the 1st (Pichu didn't really count considering he was a clone).

If the rumor does turn out to be true, my condolences go out to the Mewtwo fans/supporters.

-Knight

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Lucario replacing Mewtwo?

Lucario is my favorite pokemon of the 4th generation so I would be glad if this rumor turned out to be true, I think it's time for a pokemon to at least represent 1 generation that isn't the 1st (Pichu didn't really count considering he was a clone).

If the rumor does turn out to be true, my condolences go out to the Mewtwo fans/supporters.

-Knight
But Lucario with Mewtwo's move set? That makes almost no sense..

Chepe

Smash Lord
My condolences to Mewtwo fans and supporters too. That would include me too, I vouched for Mewtwo quite a bit in many threads here, because I think he deserves a second chance to be done right. I think Lucario replacing Mewtwo is a horrible idea too, but perhaps Sakurai has been thinking like the people I have been arguing against...

Meaning, maybe the development team saw the shallow similarities between Mewtwo and Lucario (energy balls, humanoid, telepathic, etc) and thought they could kill two bird with one stone: having an up-to-date rep from the still-popular Pokemon series, but not creating a moveset from complete scratch. Perhaps Sakurai also thought that with the Pokemon Trainer, having 5 selectable reps (Pika, Jiggs, PT, M2, Lucario) was too much. Another unfortunate mindset from many...

I really hope its not true like many of you, but with LadyCelebi truly being in touch with Serebii Joe, I have no choice but to believe it until the Dojo proves me wrong or the game comes out...

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I should have said "replacing him character slot wise", sorry for not being clearer. Of course a Lucario with Mewtwo's moveset wouldn't make much sense.

-Knight
And removing one completely unique moveset for another completely unique moveset DOES make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom