• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSB

Smash Apprentice
I dunno because serebii said the characters will be in the jan 15 magazine edition, but brawlcenter said that the 30 cards will be out tommorow night roughly..it's etremely confusing...
I don't think brawlcenter is a reliable source.

DSB

Smash Apprentice
I'm wondering though... Why did the "30 cards" scan guy didn't just post the whole thing ? Why must the most irrelevant info come first ?

Chepe

Smash Lord
Serebii does have connections of sorts: he knew all the english Diamond/Pearl Pokemon and attack names about a month before it came out in the US, and then some drama with another website person made him spill the info weeks before he was supposed to. He was even apparently afraid of legal actions and such, since apologized to any representatives in the update, heh...

Perhaps that legal fear is what is keeping his mouth mostly shut about all this. But since I believe him, I am happy and sad for two reasons:

1. We will indeed see a couple new characters tomorrow!
2. Say goodbye to Mewtwo. A few weeks back a moderator of serebii.net, LadyCelebi, posted on GFAQs that serebii Joe's sources indicated that Lucario surprisingly replaced Mewtwo from Melee. She talked about him saying that he "says he shouldnt know what he knows", and thats exactly what he said on that site... :(.

DSB

Smash Apprentice
Yea, maybe but they did give a scan of the page that said it..
Which has been overanalyzed during the last 12 hours or so, the conclusion being that the cards would come with the next issue (February).

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I read thru some of the things Serebii said and it looks like we'll get the starting roster sometime late tomorrow (it'll be the 15th in Japan) and it'll have about 2 not-yet announced characters on it.

Could this mean epic update tonight? We can only hope and wait.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
2. Say goodbye to Mewtwo. A few weeks back a moderator of serebii.net, LadyCelebi, posted on GFAQs that serebii Joe's sources indicated that Lucario surprisingly replaced Mewtwo from Melee. She talked about him saying that he "says he shouldnt know what he knows", and thats exactly what he said on that site... :(.
NOO!!! Mewtwo for Lucario?? Epic Fail :(
I hope he ain't right..

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Captain Falcon or Sheik, maybe both. As for those who will be leaving us, I would say definitely Ness, and maybe even Marth--at least as far as original characters go.

I keep searching Google for "Sumabura," "Corocoro," and so forth (in katakana, of course), but to no avail.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
1. We will indeed see a couple new characters tomorrow!
Even though I support Lucario enough to have him in my sig, I would be extremely annoyed if he replaced Mewtwo.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Falcon FALCOOOOOONNNN :mad: BELIEVE !!
I think you meant Shiek. Falcon deserves no Brawl!

...Kidding, of course.

And I doubt Mewtwo's leaving. He's the "villain" of Pokemon, for God's sake! He deserves to be buffed a bit after his abysmal appearance in the last game. Do you really want to remember him as the sucky character he was? Huh?!

Hope not. lol.

May your children be trampled by a herd of wild oxen for your blasphemy.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
They should keep him in... I mean even if they don't change him at all, he shouldn't be replaced, put them both in. How hard is that >.<

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
I don't care about the rest of the roster (or the starting roster) at this point. Though it would be nice to have Megaman, I'm content with Snake, Link, Sonic, Metaknight, and Pit, who have all been confirmed already.

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
So Mewtwo, who is a Psychic type, will be replaced by Lucario, who is not?

This is what we call a lie.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer

No Mewtwo, a pokemon who took time and money to be develop as a pc will be replaced by Lucario, a pokemon who took time and money to develop as a pc.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Well, I think many believe(or believed) that Lucario would use Aura sphere and some Psychic moves,
essentially being a Mewtwo clone....they're morons :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom