• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Even though I support Lucario enough to have him in my sig, I would be extremely annoyed if he replaced Mewtwo.
I agree. I mean, I like Lucario alot, but Mewtwo is frickin classic man. He could have been bad *** if they buffed him up. Lets hope this isn't true

Chepe

Smash Lord
..who wants to bet that there will only be one new character in CoroCoro, and the Dojo will reveal him/her before we get the scans?
I actually thought that perhaps Sakurai will finally do a character profile tonight since he knows the magazine is coming. I would laugh at myself for being on here for a few hours waiting for info instead of packing to go home tomorrow...

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Where did Serebii say Lucario was replacing Mewtwo, send me a link! I dont believe it.

But Im gunna take a guess on the new CoroCoro mag, I say all that is released are the 30 new Pokemon from Poke Balls. Lol. I Dont want that or think that will really happen. Im just saying I called it if it does.

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
I love how everyone is saying this is legit just because of a certain person claimed that he got the magazine and seen it. Yet there are no scans nor proof of it from him.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
And removing one completely unique moveset for another completely unique moveset DOES make sense?
Ask Sakurai about it if the rumors turn out to be true. Does Sakurai always make perfect sense to you?

I don't feel like arguing about it, instead I'll give some hope that the rumors are true.

-Knight

Luigi player

Smash Master
Oh god, no... Mewtwooooo! ;_; I hope it's not true... though I could see it happening... stupid Lucario... I'd like him in... but not if that means Mewtwo is out... now I hate Lucario. That really sucks major ***.

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo was in the top 10 for most requested character for Melee and he, along with Dedede and Bowser, were meant to be in the original game.

Somehow, I find it hard to believe he'd be removed. He's iconic.

At least, this is what I'm going to tell myself until Sakurai crushes my hopes ._.

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
It is dumb to take out Mewtwo.

He is the closest thing to a villain Pokemon as you are gonna get. Subspace Emissary needs him!

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Somehow I get the feeling the next Dojo update will answer lots of questions...

Lucario's cool and all, but I hope they don't take out Mewtwo. That would be absolute epic fail.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Where did Serebii say Lucario was replacing Mewtwo, send me a link! I dont believe it.

But Im gunna take a guess on the new CoroCoro mag, I say all that is released are the 30 new Pokemon from Poke Balls. Lol. I Dont want that or think that will really happen. Im just saying I called it if it does.
Oh dear... its not that simple. I will post all my posts from this topic from the big one that started it all. It should explain how I came to believe this...

Serebii does have connections of sorts: he knew all the english Diamond/Pearl Pokemon and attack names about a month before it came out in the US, and then some drama with another website person made him spill the info weeks before he was supposed to. He was even apparently afraid of legal actions and such, since apologized to any representatives in the update, heh...

Perhaps that legal fear is what is keeping his mouth mostly shut about all this. But since I believe him, I am happy and sad for two reasons:

1. We will indeed see a couple new characters tomorrow!
2. Say goodbye to Mewtwo. A few weeks back a moderator of serebii.net, LadyCelebi, posted on GFAQs that serebii Joe's sources indicated that Lucario surprisingly replaced Mewtwo from Melee. She talked about him saying that he "says he shouldnt know what he knows", and thats exactly what he said on that site... :(.
LadyCelebi is the real deal. She was even cited as evidence against that "Ridley, Falcon, and Luigi confirmed" thread, go look through the last couple of pages. In fact...

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40131545&page=4

Inside the cited from there GFAQS thread on that fake info, where LadyCelebi begins posting. Follow her posts throughout the final pages... She aint fake. And she DID say that Lucario replaced Mewtwo and that Serebii Joe knows it. I was there when she did a few weeks back. The topic is now gone, but Im serious...

Be prepared for a Mewtwo-less Brawl is all Im saying...
Um, not really. But the GFAQs system is quite different than here. With all the topics sprouting every few seconds, the site cant hold them all forever. Every night it does a mass purging of old topics, ones that have not been posted in for days or weeks depending on how big the board is...

The topic I am talking about is now about a month old, so its been purged for weeks now. It was an Anti-Lucario topic though, which come up quite a bit overthere. Im not lying, but I feel that you wont believe me no matter what I say, so I will just leave it at that for now...
My condolences to Mewtwo fans and supporters too. That would include me too, I vouched for Mewtwo quite a bit in many threads here, because I think he deserves a second chance to be done right. I think Lucario replacing Mewtwo is a horrible idea too, but perhaps Sakurai has been thinking like the people I have been arguing against...

Meaning, maybe the development team saw the shallow similarities between Mewtwo and Lucario (energy balls, humanoid, telepathic, etc) and thought they could kill two bird with one stone: having an up-to-date rep from the still-popular Pokemon series, but not creating a moveset from complete scratch. Perhaps Sakurai also thought that with the Pokemon Trainer, having 5 selectable reps (Pika, Jiggs, PT, M2, Lucario) was too much. Another unfortunate mindset from many...

I really hope its not true like many of you, but with LadyCelebi truly being in touch with Serebii Joe, I have no choice but to believe it until the Dojo proves me wrong or the game comes out...
The third one answers why I cant give a straight link proof of LadyCelebi saying this, so you will have to trust my word, which is real (of course most wont believe me). Bear in mind that the whole thing has nothing to indicate it being in Coro Coro magazine, so not seeing Lucario or Mewtwo tomorrow does nothing...

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Are you kidding me? Not right before the outcome of the bet will be decided. If this was a month ago? Maybe. Because by now you would've forgotten it. But now? I'm not stupid.
I dunno, I'm sure someone would have sigged your bet. Then everyone would remember.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
And today's Dojo update... actually deconfirms two characters.

Waluigi not playable = Thank the lord.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
^_^; I must thank my lucky stars that I shall not be committing seppuku anytime soon.

But.... being able to hit Stafy.... XD
No, that's so sad! Stafy is so cute and... not right for being brutalized! Save yourself, Stafy! :(

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
*sobs*
Poor Waluigi. This could have been the game to give him a fanbase. Instead he got the shaft.

Waluigi for Brawl Successor!

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
It is dumb to take out Mewtwo.

He is the closest thing to a villain Pokemon as you are gonna get. Subspace Emissary needs him!
Exactly! Plus he can't be out yet...he's in the cloud theory!!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
What a shame. In the midst of this drought, I was really looking forward to some new information! And what about Serebii's claim that the starting roster would be revealed in this issue? Is that topic even mentioned in the magazine?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Yet you aren't linking to this member, where they claim this, or scans?

kashikomarima****a was my trusted source of info on this, and as he stated, it's nothing new. I was going to credit him before. but I had to go back and copy+ paste his name lol.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, so it's just a general recap? I guess it was a good thing I didn't have high hopes for the magazine... thanks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom