• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Director

Smash Lord
I wasn't having high expectations for Coro Coro in the first place. I didn't think Sakurai would let his updates go to waste and let a magazine reveal everything before him.
Same here, my friend, same here. This is, what, the 3rd time CoroCoro has let us down? When will people realize that they're not a reliable news source? It's clear that they're not even that big of a magazine in Japan.

By the time the next issue comes out, we may already know the final roster which is likely considering by Jan. 15th there will only be 9 days left until the game's release. By that time, I'm sure the player's guide will have leaked.

one thing we know for sure, Sakurai will put up ALL the characters on the dojo before the release of the game (jan 24th jp release) because he didn't want unlockables being leaked over the internet. It's his way of taking matters into his own hands either way it's only about a few weeks until we start getting characters again.
You know, that would make a lot of sense but it's just not going to happen. The whole point of secret unlockable characters is so you can be surprised when you first see them. Sakurai wants to preserve that feeling for us, (just look at how little info he leaks every day) and as such he'll only reveal unlockables after the game's release.

...maybe one beforehand. Jigglypuff the week of the game's release makes sense.

We overhyped something that never existed.
Oh it was overhyped bigtime, but I think we all need to realize that CoroCoro just isn't the source for Brawl info that we're looking for.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get some real juicy info out of a magazine like, say, Famitsu.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't get why you guys only want the starting roster, c'mon guys we'll get the whole roster. Just think of how many flame wars will end. And if your character is in, you can brag about it.
QFT. The Brawl Boards annoys me now, but we'll get another of this update thing, but worse. I already lost enough respect for several "respected" SWF members who are showing off that they're elitists, and it's obvious we'll see that some more. Still, once THE FINAL FLAME WAR is done, we'll all move on, to misinformed fools hating on tournament players. And I doubt Coro Coro Comics will ever show the roster. Seriously, they could have gotten Luigi or Captain Falcon EASILY! >_< At least give us THE KNEE! :grin:

Maybe next time, but I doubt it will be anything. And if it is, it probably won't be that big, though you know, we could see a cool newcomer, or something! XD

And we've already got good info from Famitsu. The 3 PT's Pokémon's unknown attacks, Lucas' snake toy tether recovery thingy, etc. Famitsu has had MANY exclusive Brawl pictures. ;)

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Yeah, I just bought the Coro Coro magazine here in Japan (came from my gf's apt so I didn't have time to read the boards). All it was was a pamphlet with rehashed info and the same pictures. If there's anything new I'll translate it and post it here.

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
I just looked at Nintendo's Booth for Jump Fest, and all I see is Galaxy and MASATO. I used Google Translator to see if I could even get something close to Brawl, but no dice.

Looks like that event's out of the ETU question...

original page

Google Translator. I know it's not as good as Panda, but I think it still knows whether or not SSBB's on there or not.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Meh, to me its not a big deal, I thought it was nothing (things too good to be true aren't always true)...Beside's we'll get all the character at least maybe around the first week the game comes out (I do not know, because how fast can one gain all teh secrets in Brawl)

kingjoekur

Smash Apprentice
December 22-23
after doing a bit of research i found that in japan the custom of celebrating christmas is over like 2 or 3 days, i know its not like christmas here, but im sure its quite a festive set of days on the japanese calendars. (i dont know how off base i am with the japanese christmas)

with this jump fest being right before it and also invloving updates around that special time of year.... im kinda hoping for something fun or interesting or BIG kind of news.......

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't be surprised if we get some real juicy info out of a magazine like, say, Famitsu.
Well, you're right about that... Famitsu is really only source of Smash info outside the Dojo that has actually delivered somewhat at the moment, since it has had quite a few exclusive screenshots before, including one that announced Lucas's Rope Snake long before the Dojo ever did.

CoroCoro has only ever been good as a Pokemon info magazine, and Smash ain't Pokemon.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
So how do we know it's nothing new if the article hasn't come out yet?

Isn't it supposed to come out tomorrow?
Kokichi said:
Yeah, I just bought the Coro Coro magazine here in Japan (came from my gf's apt so I didn't have time to read the boards). All it was was a pamphlet with rehashed info and the same pictures. If there's anything new I'll translate it and post it here
Ten characters.

The Director

Smash Lord
Honestly, I never get worked up about things like this. "news is coming xxdatexx from xxsourcexx!!" Frankly, I can wait the remaining 56 days until the game's released. I'm a patient person.

Although, when the roster is leaked (which it most def. will be before the game is released) I won't shy away. I'll read on. :)

Mewruler

Smash Cadet
The updates can only get worse as we get closer. I bet Sakurai had planned some great updates around December 3rd but he had to add in soooooo much more thanx to the delay...I can't even think of anything else possible for this game.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
The updates can only get worse as we get closer. I bet Sakurai had planned some great updates around December 3rd but he had to add in soooooo much more thanx to the delay...I can't even think of anything else possible for this game.
Characters, ATs, Items, Stages, and SSEs

sk8erkid6485

Smash Cadet
I think i'm done with smash bros for a while. There's never any character updates and this magazine thing was no help. See you in febuary! I got Godzilla unleashed for wii. Freaking awsome.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
I think i'm done with smash bros for a while. There's never any character updates and this magazine thing was no help. See you in febuary! I got Godzilla unleashed for wii. Freaking awsome.
i will lol when you miss something big.

But yeah, I'm with The Director. Things like this are ALWAYS overhyped and they're never what they seem to be. I never get excited because I know that 90% of the time it's false or it's not 100% true.

supersmashpikachu

Smash Rookie
I am personally disappointed about the recent updates, but I keep checking them, because when I stop, something big will be announced

Wishy

Smash Rookie
Actually we did get it and it was rehashed info. :(
Big disappointment.
First Dec 3. Then this. :(:(:(
:(
If you're talking about the update on Dec. 3rd, you've got to be kidding me. Sakurai has never 'themed' his updates for anything. Why in God's name would anyone actually expect something good just because that was the game's original release?

Don't be stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom