• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

i rise

Smash Apprentice
i don't know about that. i think there could be something in it, but i mean it's only the afternoon in japan the mail might not even be there in some places.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Wait a minute...is this magazine already out? Where can we lurk to find info on it?

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yeah, Im starting to feel foolish also... It should be leaked tomorrow or Friday, but the cover doesnt do anything to imply something big on Brawl is in it...

Eszett

Smash Cadet
Amidst that impalatable hodgepodge of a cover, you can see Mario in his Brawl pose a little bit up from the bottom right-hand corner. I don't know Japanese nor do I know how to type in Japanese, so I can't tell you what that means.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I can barely make out Smash Bros X and a "Su n ta i Book". That pretty much means the book is out, but tells us nothing about the contents of said book, or their relevancy.

Eh, back to bed. I'm tired. Maybe something relevant will happen when I'm back up, but I need to focus on studying for that final...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Some talk on 2ch indicates that according to CoroCoro there will 30 characters in Brawl. However, it is not sure from what I have been reading whether they are talking about starting or total....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Some talk on 2ch indicates that according to CoroCoro there will 30 characters in Brawl. However, it is not sure from what I have been reading whether they are talking about starting or total....
See, that REALLY sucks...

5 more characters than Melee...?

**** that sucks

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
The one your posted has a 12 on the top left corner. Which I assume means December.

The other has a 1, meaning January. Which is the month the newest CoroCoro is for.
Yeah this is the definitely the one we are all waiting for. It even says Smash Brothers Brawl Scoop on it.

And now I finally realize why I havent seen this magazine anywhere. Its not a gaming magazine but a Shonen Manga. Ive been looking in the wrong part of the bookstore. Not that it has come out anyway. Well, first thing Saturaday morning I will go out and by this thing. Then I will give everyone the answers they want.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
BREAKING: CoroCoro is going to profile at least 30s character in their latest issue (however, it is not determined whether these are all the starters or are all the total characters in the game).

Credit goes to Kimahiri Ronso for translating.

i rise

Smash Apprentice
-crosses fingers for it to only be the starting and not the full roster-

if there were only 5 more characters in brawl then there were in melee i would feel let down.

i expect more from that, especially considering all of the newcomers already introduced and the fact that if they took melee's full roster and added the newcomers it would be more than 30.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
We have 23 so far, 30 without clones is quite alot. If you don't count clones from Melee you come up with 19, so if you look at it that way we already have more on our plates (and more still if you count each pokemon the trainer has). 7 more than what we got now sounds excellent to me

edit: What I mean is even though I'd be very satisfied with it, that doesn't mean I don't want even more.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
DAYUM!

Sounds good! Also, what is so bad about 30 characters? Without Melee clones, there is still going to be a bunch of new characters announced. I mean, I'd like more as well, but 30 isn't that bad.

i rise

Smash Apprentice
i guess it's not so bad, it just makes it sound like a lot of characters i wanted/i thought deserved to be in brawl might not make it in.

also, any news yet on if this has actually leaked or is this just the cover of the book?

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
So unless that's lol final roster, it looks like we got some middle level (most Dojo plus some new ones).

30 as a final roster looks like we're only learning about returning veterans...

Revven

FrankerZ
Regardless, it's new info, might be the final roster could not be, and people who said "lulz we won't gt anaythang" were wrong. So... yay for new info! Can't wait for the mass flood of it all when I get back from school today (if the info gets released or put on the internet while I'm away).

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
BREAKING: CoroCoro is going to profile AT LEAST 30s character in their latest issue (however, it is not determined whether these are all the starters or are all the total characters in the game).

Credit goes to Kimahiri Ronso for translating.
don't any of you see the at least, probably meaning staring roster is 30 or that the full roster is higher then 30.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
don't any of you see the at least, probably meaning staring roster is 30 or that the full roster is higher then 30.
I don't know if the magazine says at least, only the translator does.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
I think 30 is just the starting roster. Considering that there are already 23 characters on the DOJO, and 21 of them are starters. It wouldn't make sense for the game to only have 9 unlockables, especially when Melee had 11.

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
the 23 characters we have now are already amazing... Each character is totally unique which beats mellee by a long shot. having 45-50 characters is almost impossilbe and crazy. We should expect around 30-38 characters

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
The picture says it will have 30 pages covering Brawl. Or rather "a whopping 30 pages". That does not necesarily mean there will be only one character per page. The rest of the stuff is really difficult to make out. Something about the final smashes and so forth. Anyhow it doesnt look like the actual issue but rather a preview page taken from last months issue.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The picture says it will have 30 pages for characters. that does not necesarily mean there will bo only one character per page. The rest of therstuff is really difficult to make out. But it looks like a preview page taken from last months issue.
Ok I figured something like that...

Bet they reveal NOTHING new...

i rise

Smash Apprentice
even if this isn't it.. we have less time to wait than you think seeing as when the dojo updates here it's like 3 - 4 in the afternoon in japan.

those of us who stay up for the dojo update will be seeing this later tonight most likely when the issue actually hits store shelves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom