• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Wait, Im confused. Does that say that theres only 30 PAGES in the booklet AND that there will be 30 cards for does pages next months?

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Why is everyone expecting a roster of nearly 50 characters?

42 is the max IMO.
I remember hearing some news not too long ago that came along side the news of how SEE will be like 10 hours long. They said that there will be a ridiculous amount of characters and that they're still programming new ones....so 50 doesn't seem too unreasonable. And come on...this is the last Super Smash game for a very long time (if not forever), so it makes sense that Sakurai will go all out and try to fill it up as much as possible.

Plus it doesn't hurt to be optimistic ^_^

i rise

Smash Apprentice
i think everyone is putting too much emphasis on the whole "cards" thing. just because the magazine says 30 pages or cards people just say "30 is the number, 45 is unreasonable." i bet a lot of the cards will just have random fun screenshots from brawl on them. they are for kids after all.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
i think everyone is putting too much emphasis on the whole "cards" thing. just because the magazine says 30 pages or cards people just say "30 is the number, 45 is unreasonable." i bet a lot of the cards will just have random fun screenshots from brawl on them. they are for kids after all.
Or on both sides are a different character.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Likely from the fact that while it's got a bigger dev team, programming characters could be a pain or something, or oversaturation could massively screw up balance.
Or because they have a bigger developement team they have more people to make characters.

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
Okay...so is there any news or not?

like ANYTHING interesting in that issue? ANY starting roster?

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
I just want more characters. Have any of you thought this might be a publicity stunt for the magazine considering how high profile brawl is now? No offense to anyone though.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Okay...so is there any news or not?

like ANYTHING interesting in that issue? ANY starting roster?
I just want to know. . . why does everyone care soo much about the starting roster? Even when we first got the news that this booklet was coming out it said nothing about the starting roster yet people kept claiming it had something to do with the starter roster. . .:ohwell:

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Well, as I predicted, today would be leak day. It just sucks that people on gamefaqs are gonna go around the net and spread the "ONLY 30 CHARACTERZ OMG" bull****...

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I just want to know. . . why does everyone care soo much about the starting roster? Even when we first got the news that this booklet was coming out it said nothing about the starting roster yet people kept claiming it had something to do with the starter roster. . .:ohwell:
it says All characters revealed so that means every playable character will be shown.

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
I want to know who's in the starting roster. King dedede, Ice Climbers ect. Just to know who's starting for sure. it's important to me.

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
is that the only pic??? Seems odd. I thought for sure there'd be HUNDREDS of them by now. Everyone scanning ect. Hrmm...

Black/Light

Smash Master
Did they split sheik and wouldnt the unveiling of the roster undermine the dojo updates.
Not really, Nintendo revealed Sonic before he was on the dojo and the dojo aint just for characters (as we can see with the past month and a-hlaf of non character related suff).

i rise

Smash Apprentice
a few pages back someone posted that picture. it is from an old issue promoting the new one it think, and it is not fake.

Boofer

Smash Ace
If Isaac was confirmed, I wouldn't care as much if there were only 30, but I think the number 30 severely lessens his chances. Thankfully, I still don't think it's likely that we'll only get 30 characters, though it's certainly a possibility now.

Man, If somebody would have went in the future and came back to tell me that there would only be 30 characters, I would have assumed he was joking. That's how shocked I am about the possibility of 30 characters.

sodacova

Smash Rookie
The picture is advertising character cards that will be included with the February issue of the magazine which will go on sale on January 15th. It says there are 30 cards, and on the back of each card is information about that character's final smash.

I don't think this has any relation to the "all characters revealed book" that will be included with the December 15th issue, and I also don't think that this necessarily means there are only 30 characters in the game.

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
30 characters...that's only 5 more than Melee...A severe letdown seeing that we have *23 I think* already up on Dojo...

I imagine there will be between 30 and 40

HOPEFULLY!

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
They're going to have 30 pages on All of the speculations on characters!

yay!
...i called it.

Boofer

Smash Ace
You know what? I think having the starting roster could help us determine whether 30 characters was reasonable. If we were confirmed to have 20 starters (what I originally suspected), I wouldn't even consider 30 characters possible. However, if it was say, the e4all roster I would completely believe that we could have 30 characters.

Dungeon_Man

Smash Rookie
30 pages=/=30 characters. We don't even know how many characters there are per page, or how many pages are dedicated to characters.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Less than 40 characters would be a huge disappointment. There's always room for more characters! That would give less room for newcomers, since we KNOW Luigi and Captain Falcon are too good to be taken out of the game, that makes it 25 characters known, plus we should get a lot of newcomers in this game, well, 35 characters would be good too.

We need 35-40 characters in this game. Anybody agree with this?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Less than 40 characters would be a huge disappointment. There's always room for more characters! That would give less room for newcomers, since we KNOW Luigi and Captain Falcon are too good to be taken out of the game, that makes it 25 characters known, plus we should get a lot of newcomers in this game, well, 35 characters would be good too.

We need 35-40 characters in this game. Anybody agree with this?
Aye! *filler*

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
>_< It's been far too long a wait for me... I've been dead inside since they announced this... where are the scans?!? I don't care one way or another for characters (I do, but not at the moment), I just want this affair to be over already!

....I'm only asuming that there are scans because I think that some Smashers are just as/more crazed than the HP fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom