• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamer8

Smash Lord
OMFG stupid freaking waiting time made me lose 1000th post dammit. Deuce I freaking hate you.

Oh well, I got 1000th post not counting the topic starter. :)

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
If they feel the roster needs beefing, they'll add clones, pretty much the only thing possible without another delay.
I'm probably one of the few people that actually wants clones back, just for that very reason. I enjoy having an alternate way to play a character. I like how they are the same and yet infinitley different at the same time. You can't really play a Fox the same way you play a Falco.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
I'm probably one of the few people that actually wants clones back, just for that very reason. I enjoy having an alternate way to play a character. I like how they are the same and yet infinitley different at the same time. You can't really play a Fox the same way you play a Falco.
I want clones back too, clones equals bigger roster which equals good. Thats how I see it at least. Yea, cloned movesets do play differently than the character who they originated from, so they're only a benefit to my eyes.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Eww, i'd hate for Clones to return that's why i am happy that Sakurai hates clones.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
I play Smash Bros for the gameplay, but I also play it for the characters. If having clones present means I get to play as even more of my favorite characters, then I'm all for it.

element_of_fire

Smash Lord
clones are NOT a big deal... i don't see why people cry about it... the characters play completly different..."omg teh moves look teh same i can't handle it"

The Director

Smash Lord
I read the new CoroCoro today. Big news:

LUIGI IS IN BRAWL!!

Seriously though, here's a question: are there any American subscribers to this magazine? Do they even allow American subscribers? That would help us out quite a bit.

blayde_axel

Smash Master

LUIGI IS IN BRAWL!!

Seriously though, here's a question: are there any American subscribers to this magazine? Do they even allow American subscribers? That would help us out quite a bit.
I'm sure there are members of Smashboards in Japan. Hopefully, they will metaphorically "help a brother out." lol.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,

LUIGI IS IN BRAWL!!

Do you live in Japan? I mean, it's obvious Luigi's gonna be in Brawl, so you're going to have to prove it.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Where's Kokichi when you actually need him? LOLOL, jk. I figured when the mods said they'd be procuring an issue, he'd be the one to do it.

This even brought GreenMamba out of lurking, lol.

The Director

Smash Lord
(faceplam) He's being sarcastic
Don't blame him. Sarcasm doesn't come off too well over the internet.

I'm sure there are members of Smashboards in Japan. Hopefully, they will metaphorically "help a brother out." lol.
About members of Smashboards in Japan, yes you're right I've even seen posts from a couple here and there. I honestly completely forgot about that aspect. But let's just hope they don't metaphorically help a brother out, and actually do it! :p

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Just decided to stop by for a minute. If I'm not mistaken, I don't even think Japan has subscriptions for magazines. Sure, you can become a member of a magazine's club/fanclub or something, but I don't think you get the actual magazine by mail. I might be wrong, but if I'm not, then we still have a whole day before scans should start popping up.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Just decided to stop by for a minute. If I'm not mistaken, I don't even think Japan has subscriptions for magazines. Sure, you can become a member of a magazine's club/fanclub or something, but I don't think you get the actual magazine by mail. I might be wrong, but if I'm not, then we still have a whole day before scans should start popping up.
What I wouldn't give to get to experience Japan for one day... *sigh*

But yeah, we'll be getting scans, soon. Can't say it's actually 30 characters yet. Other people'll said it's actually 30 pages, which could easily be filled with... well, filler.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
The scan 100% does NOT say 30 characters. It says either 30 pages, or 30 cards (cards being more likely).

M.K

Level 55
..and the cards will most likely feature the likes of Andross, the Ancient Minister, Primid, and Petey Piranha along with all the characters

The Director

Smash Lord
If they had magazine subscriptions, I would assume that we'd have some scans by now. Usually with magazines, some subscribers get their copies a couple days earlier.

I remember back in Elementary school when my friend and I had subscriptions to Nintendo Power (this was back before the N64 era) he would get his issue a day or two before me, or vice versa.

Those crazy Japanese. What will they think of next?

Also, there are no outlets here in the states that get these magazines? Even so, I would assume if that was the case it would take a couple of days to actually import them...

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
I am curious to see if there are any Japanese members on this forum and if they could get access to the magazine.

If not I'm sure someone will be able to figure out something

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
If they had magazine subscriptions, I would assume that we'd have some scans by now. Usually with magazines, some subscribers get their copies a couple days earlier.

I remember back in Elementary school when my friend and I had subscriptions to Nintendo Power (this was back before the N64 era) he would get his issue a day or two before me, or vice versa.

Those crazy Japanese. What will they think of next?

Also, there are no outlets here in the states that get these magazines? Even so, I would assume if that was the case it would take a couple of days to actually import them...
boarders and a few barnes and nobel stores usually carry japanes video game magazines, corocoro is a random anime-ish magazine, that somehow has some kind of relationship with nintendo or something. Heaven knows if its sold anywhere in the states, at least regularly.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Ok, if nobody has it yet, then where did that "30 cards" preview come from? The "30 cards" thing will be in the February issue, so how do we already know about it?

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
isnt it likely card = chars?
Possible but extremely unlikely. They use English loanwords in their own phonetic structure for these two terms. Well, they sometimes do, anyway. I've got a few import games where they refer to, in their katakana script, "ka-a-do" ('card')., and "ki-ya-ra" or similar ('chara').

I guess someone could blunder and typo 'chara' as' card' in a print-mag, I've seen worse before...but it does strike me as unlikely. If they're talking about 'kaado', they probably did indeed mean to refer to cards.

(Disclaimer: My Japanese is weak and self-taught. Don't consider me a source for translations; SamuraiPanda vastly exceeds me in this area, based on what translations of his I've double-checked. I'm simply clarifying this issue.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom