• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
23 on the Dojo count Zamus...

Now assuming the following characters return...: Sheik, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Luigi, Jigglypuff, Marth, and Mr. Game and Watch... That makes 31... Take out Marth and we have 30. :/ Meaning no newcomers left if this was true... Count them all but Make Zamus and Sheik count WITH Zelda and Samus... and we have 1 spot left... maybe for the one unknown spot on the icon page.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
23 on the Dojo count Zamus...

Now assuming the following characters return...: Sheik, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Luigi, Jigglypuff, Marth, and Mr. Game and Watch... That makes 31... Take out Marth and we have 30. :/ Meaning no newcomers left if this was true... Count them all but Make Zamus and Sheik count WITH Zelda and Samus... and we have 1 spot left... maybe for the one unknown spot on the icon page.
but isnt that assuming we are only having 30 characters? i said somewhere(maybe here) that i was hoping for 30 - 35 but i think at least 35 and no more then 40

Buggswatter

Smash Rookie
So I managed to steal a massive bottle of anti-depressent drugs for this weekend's big news, and I plan on distributing them to everyone on this thread who will have stress induced, Character Related Anti-Productive attacks, or CRAP attacks as I call them when they realize their favorite character is left out, or not confirmed, or the number of characters isn't 70.

I'm kidding about the drugs though. I certainly wouldnt give them away.
But seriously, I got a feeling the Mods are gonna "Punch" themselves out this weekend when these scans come through.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
So I managed to steal a massive bottle of anti-depressent drugs for this weekend's big news, and I plan on distributing them to everyone on this thread who will have stress induced, Character Related Anti-Productive attacks, or CRAP attacks as I call them when they realize their favorite character is left out, or not confirmed, or the number of characters isn't 70.

I'm kidding about the drugs though. I certainly wouldnt give them away.
But seriously, I got a feeling the Mods are gonna "Punch" themselves out this weekend when these scans come through.
...I guess I better stay away from the forums. I'll be disappointed if my fave chars don't get in, but I'm not a crazed fanboy/girl like a lot of these other posters. One word and they'll rip us to shreds.

skeletim

Smash Rookie
well according to my calculations its 2:00 am in japan since if I remember correctly they are 14 hrs ahead of us. So we can all just let it rest for a few hours. Also the cards shown in the scan are previews for Jan. 15th issue NOT the DEC 15th issue. They goofy little kids cards that will reveal nothing, they are freebies for buying the mag as it is usually aimed at a much younger audience than here on the board. So everyone chill, drink a beer if your old enough and wait for a few more hours and see what happens.

deathborn00

Smash Apprentice
well there may actually be some new characters revealed, or at least returning characters that haven't been confirmed yet. there have been no new character updates since dedede, sakurai could be holding off and letting the magazine reveal some characters through some sort of deal or something, and then he'll start revealing them on the dojo.

i'm not gonna keep my hopes up though

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Guy, there WON'T be just 30 characters. This is just BS.

23 Characters revealed. Add the OBVIOUS return of Luigi and Captain Falcon. Then, either Mewtwo or Lucario WILL appear. And Jigglypuff because of David Hayters leak interview. Mr. Game & Watch because of the icon theory. And then add second Fire Emblem character (Either Marth or anyon else) = 29

Add the third 3rd party character. = 30

Add the shoe-ins, that no matter what WILL be in Brawl: Kristal & Ridley. = BOOM: 32.

Stop worrying, folks.

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
No matter how many characters there is not everyones going to be happy with it. Even if the list was flawless people would find something to complain about.

xzakcorex

Smash Journeyman
Guy, there WON'T be just 30 characters. This is just BS.

23 Characters revealed. Add the OBVIOUS return of Luigi and Captain Falcon. Then, either Mewtwo or Lucario WILL appear. And Jigglypuff because of David Hayters leak interview. Mr. Game & Watch because of the icon theory. And then add second Fire Emblem character (Either Marth or anyon else) = 29

Add the third 3rd party character. = 30

Add the shoe-ins, that no matter what WILL be in Brawl: Kristal & Ridley. = BOOM: 32.

Stop worrying, folks.
Speculation, speculation, speculation.
I really don't see how anyone that has not personally seen the final version of the game can be SURE about something that they had no part in creating.

Also, there is much more to adding a character to a game than putting their character model and moveset in. Character balance, anyone? I pity whoever is in charge of painstakingly balancing 45+ characters.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
40 characters is alot to program and balance just like said above
man 35 is plenty!
While this is true... it's not like they haven't had enough time to do 40 characters. We had a delay from the Wii Launch, AND the Delay til February. Not to mention that I'm sure they started working on it some time before the trailer they used to announce it to the world.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I haven't been following this very closely but when they say 30 characters do they mean that is the full roster?

EDIT: Thanks for that Darkfur.

xzakcorex

Smash Journeyman
While this is true... it's not like they haven't had enough time to do 40 characters. We had a delay from the Wii Launch, AND the Delay til February. Not to mention that I'm sure they started working on it some time before the trailer they used to announce it to the world.
It's true that adding a character model, moveset, stage, music, etc, takes a set amount of time to do. However, some problems, like balancing said character with the rest of the roster, may not be fully doable, regardless of time limitations. I'm not an expert on discrete difficulty and time (I slept through my Discrete Math class :urg:), but it seems completely plausible that as the number of characters increases, the difficulty and time-associated with balancing all characters would increase exponentially. Anyone with a knowledge of exponentials know that, at a certain scale, that difficulty becomes asymptotic and, in the case, "implausible."

DSB

Smash Apprentice
If we take the timezones and magazine subscrition facts into account, when should the scans be out ?

AlFighter27

Smash Cadet
Well, on the GFAQs message boards, apparently there was some flyer going around that had the #30 on it, and there has been speculation that it means 30 characters, of course I think it means 30 pages are gonna be in the article

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
DBZ BT3 is really just like 30 characters + 100 transformations... its completely unbalanced.

on topic: I think it will just be the starting roster.. I think if Sakurai knew something would spoil all characters he would do it first..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom