• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

i rise

Smash Apprentice
What's so crazy about 40+ characters?
exactly, i don't think it's that crazy. maybe with a game that was rushed like melee, but they're been taking their sweet time with brawl.

i mean, a ton of people on these boards alone have thought of countless movesets for characters that are unique. if someone on a fan run forum can do it.. don't you think people who do it for a living could do it just as well or ever better?

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
exactly, i don't think it's that crazy. maybe with a game that was rushed like melee, but they're been taking their sweet time with brawl.

i mean, a ton of people on these boards alone have thought of countless movesets for characters that are unique. if someone on a fan run forum can do it.. don't you think people who do it for a living could do it just as well or ever better?
The first 2 games were budget titles :p

I'm not even kidding.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
This speculation is driving me mad. Im gonna check tomorrow night to see if they get it in early. Even if they dont put it on the shelves Im gonna heckle the old man at the bookstore just to take a peek. And if that doesnt work Ill wake up early on Saturday morning to buy the Corocoro magazine. Im personally gonna settle the matter and get the news out as quick as possible. Mark my words, you will have your answer in about 40 hours time at the latest.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
This speculation is driving me mad. Im gonna check tomorrow night to see if they get it in early. Even if they dont put it on the shelves Im gonna heckle the old man at the bookstore just to take a peek. And if that doesnt work Ill wake up early on Saturday morning to buy the magazine. Im personally gonna settle the matter and get the news out as quick as possible. Mark my words, you will have your answer in about 40 hours time at the latest.
sweetness!

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
Didn't CoroCoro mention assist trophies would be "revealed" as well? Meaning 30 pages shared among chars and assist trophies?

Boofer

Smash Ace
Lets hope that there aren't only 30 characters. I need at least 35.

****, if it's 30, how many melee secrets aren't returning?

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Which means it's going to be all old information.... *headdesk*

****, we really fell for Corocoro's hype.
No Im not sure about that. Corocoro is not a gaming magazine. They are a serialized manga for kids. So why would they run a 30 page segment on a video game that they say is a quote on quote scoop if they are only gonna throw out crap that can be read elsewhere? I mean a scoop is an exclusive news story, even to the Japanese. Plus these guys in the past have released info on Pokemon games before anyone else did. And that is another Nintendo game. You know these guys gotta have some inside sources.

amost

Smash Apprentice
BREAKING: CoroCoro is going to profile at least 30s character in their latest issue (however, it is not determined whether these are all the starters or are all the total characters in the game).

Credit goes to Kimahiri Ronso for translating.
... is that not "30 pages with a cartoon" ? like... some kind of 30 page comic or something >_< ?

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
... is that not "30 pages with a cartoon" ? like... some kind of 30 page comic or something >_< ?
The characters before the 30 in the picture say "gatsun to". "Gatsun" is a Japanese onamonepia that refers to the action of something striking, kind of like wham or klunk. And the "to" is a grammatical marker that indicates sound as is the case with an onomonepia.

In any event Id translate the text as "a whopping 30 pages!"

amost

Smash Apprentice
The characters before the 30 in the picture say "gatsun to". "Gatsun" is a Japanese onamonepia that refers to the action of something striking, kind of like wham or klunk. And the "to" is a grammatical marker that indicates sound as is the case with an onomonepia.

In any event Id translate the text as "a whopping 30 pages!"
aah, I totally couldn't tell thar was a 'ga'. yay for high resolutions... thought they were trying to use the english word cartoon

Boofer

Smash Ace
Somebody on another site said that those "pages" will actually be cards. And judging by that donkey kong card, we'll probably get a character per card.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Somebody on another site said that those "pages" will actually be cards. And judging by that donkey kong card, we'll probably get a character per card.
You know what you are right. They are saying 30 cards. it totally makes sense. And the dates didnt line up either. They say the cards will come out on Jan 15th in February's issue. So I guess this is not for the December issue. Man, and here I was hoping for 30 pages. But in any event something will come out on Saturday, and on the cover of the issue it says it will be a scoop. Im expecting good news regardless.

amost

Smash Apprentice
it looks like there are 2 DK cards... do you think that instead of 1 card per character, there could be 1 card per special-move-profile?

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
it looks like there are 2 DK cards... do you think that instead of 1 card per character, there could be 1 card per special-move-profile?
its likely the same card, only front and back. Actually it clearly states that the lower image is the backside. Why didnt I see this before?

Boofer

Smash Ace
ahh, it sucks that those cards aren't coming out until next issue. But I have a question: Does it just say 30 cards, or does it say at least 30 cards?

amost

Smash Apprentice
ahh, it sucks that those cards aren't coming out until next issue. But I have a question: Does it just say 30 cards, or does it say at least 30 cards?
there is no "at least", but that's not to say there aren't more than 30 cards anyways :)

amost

Smash Apprentice
it says that the CARDS are coming in the next issue, but that still doesn't mean that there's not _something_ coming out this issue.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
You mean to tell me that they advertised this thing and it won't even be out with this issue?!
These are gimmicky player card for kids. Whats important here is that Corocoro is on to something. I mean the they already have established a set number of "player" cards at 30. But whose to say its only thirt ycharacters. What if they put Samus and Zamus on the same card, of Shiek and Zelda on another. And what about Pokemon Trainer. God forbid they split him up on to three cards.

Anyhow, what I am trying to say is that Corocoro has some info, and they say all characters will be revealed in this months issue. Im really hoping for a final resolution here because waiting for Dojo to update blows.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
BREAKING: CoroCoro is going to profile at least 30s character in their latest issue (however, it is not determined whether these are all the starters or are all the total characters in the game).

Look at the bottom. It say 2 for Feburary issue and 1/15 for the date of release. No where in the picture does it say 12/15.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
*sighs in relief* so we're getting 30 cards, and how many characters we're getting in this update is unknown still?

Yeah, now we're getting SOMETHING new, question is what.

And if we do get new characters, will the mods open respective forums for them?

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
So there are 24 pc revealed. Lets add some more pc

25) if you count sheik
26)Cpt. Falcon
27) Luigi
28)Ganon
29)Jigglypuff

30 characters will not be the amount for the whole roster. Also in Melee there were 12 starters and 4 characters you didnt have to unlock, and 11 secret characters. Only 30 would be a major letdown.

Also, why dosent corocoro just reveal some characters we never heard confirmed yet

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
when are you going to check, kashikomarima****a?
Im checking tomorrow night(Friday). If I cant get it then Ill go back on Saturday morning. After all the disappointments Ive had to deal with courtesy of Dojo I am reaching the limit of my patience.

This isnt just about a game anymore, this is personal.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I'm calling 30 starters and a single digit number of unlockables. Originally I said about 25-28 starters and 10 hidden.

amost

Smash Apprentice
Im checking tomorrow night(Friday). If I cant get it then Ill go back on Saturaday morning. After all the disappointments Ive had to deal with courtesy of Dojo I am reaching the limit of my patience.

This isnt just about a game anymore, this is personal.
hahahaha ... it is to us all... I'm sure you'll let us know what you find

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Waite, I thought this was the cover. . .

2 covers. . .
This is definitely the cover of Decembers issue. The 12 in the top left confirms it. As for Smash you can see a picture of Mario in the lower center. It says Super Smash Bros Brawl "Scoop". As in exclusive news story. All the other stuff is irrelevant serialized manga crap. This is gonna be big.

i rise

Smash Apprentice
Eww, no 25-30 starters 20-25 unlockable characters
i would say 15 hidden characters sounds more reasonable.

20 - 25 seems like way too much. with a possible starting roster of 30, 15 would just bring us up to 45 which i think is the max full roster number.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
i would say 15 hidden characters sounds more reasonable.

20 - 25 seems like way too much. with a possible starting roster of 30, 15 would just bring us up to 45 which i think is the max full roster number.
45-50 playable characters is great, and i don't want any less.

Boofer

Smash Ace
45-50 playable characters is great, and i don't want any less.
PREPARE TO BE LET DOWN

I think 40 is a stretch now, considering that whole "30 cards" thing. I thought for sure we'd get at least 35. I mean, unlockable vets alone would bring the total near thirty (even without roy, young link, Doc and Pichu).

So now, I'm guessing maybe many of the characters on the dojo WERE indeed unlockables. But besides Sonic and Snake, who in the hell will be unlockables?

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
PREPARE TO BE LET DOWN

I think 40 is a stretch now, considering that whole "30 cards" thing. I thought for sure we'd get at least 35. I mean, unlockable vets alone would bring the total near thirty (even without roy, young link, Doc and Pichu).

So now, I'm guessing maybe many of the characters on the dojo WERE indeed unlockables. But besides Sonic and Snake, who in the hell will be unlockables?
Prepare to be let down when we get more than 35, so what if there is only "30 cards" maybe it shows a different character on each side...or it doesn't show any character we've already seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom