• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
lol [read as all characters] its probably just a summary of stuff already posted on the dojo.

Falco for BRAWL

Smash Cadet
i bet its gonna just have the characters we already know about. and all this hype was for nothing. sorry to be pessimistic, but its prob gonna happen

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
i think we'll get some new (and hopefully shocking) news. i mean if it was just a re-hash of info we already know i don't think they'd put this much hype in it (IMO) i want some rumors ended!

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
There will NOT be the full roster given out, so don't even hope for it.

I mean, i had only lived in Japan for 4 years, done japanese for the past 7 years, and have about 40 Coro Coro magazines that all follow the same general formula regarding release info. And for the record, the japanese text is very misleading, like pretty much every single Coro Coro 'next month' blurbs. They get away with it because some people apparently buy the magazine and dont' know what the internet is.

But don't take my word for it. Use a bit of common sense and realise that another Coro Coro issue comes out on January 15th, well before the japanese release date, so why in gods name would they reveal everything a month and a half early, rather than make extra money by riding the hype of the JP release. Use your heads kids.
This is from the GameSpot forums. Just thought it was worth posting.

Full Thread: http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/...s.php?topic_id=m-1-40064646&pid=928518&page=0

Anth0ny

Smash Master
If nothing new is revealed, then SamuraiPanda was right, and that's awesome.
If new stuff is revealed, then that's awesome.

So, either way, something awesome is going to happen :p

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
It's not anything not already said in these forums. I do need to get down my optimism, but at the same time something makes me doubt it's going to be ALL redundant.

I'm going to laugh uncontrollably if we get any non-character related Megaton, such as a hidden mode, SSE spoilers, or something like that, and no new characters...

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
If nothing new is revealed, then SamuraiPanda was right, and that's awesome.
If new stuff is revealed, then that's awesome.

So, either way, something awesome is going to happen :p
are you afraid of the mods? all i saw there was
ima kiss samuraipandas butthole.
seriously. they are just like anybody else on the board. nothing against them, they seem to be nice people, but jeeze. they have the ability to lock a thread, congratulations. sorry, but that was a pretty bad sentance "its still awesome if nothing happens because then somebody with message board authority that i have never met in my life was correct about something woot."

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
I really, really doubt that Sakurai is going to let some hokey magazine reveal all of the characters that he and his team have spent the last two years perfecting. They might reveal something to coincide with the Dojo, or add a character or two, but the idea that they will have the entire roster?

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
are you afraid of the mods? all i saw there was seriously. they are just like anybody else on the board. nothing against them, they seem to be nice people, but jeeze. they have the ability to lock a thread, congratulations. sorry, but that was a pretty bad sentance "its still awesome if nothing happens because then somebody with message board authority that i have never met in my life was correct about something woot."
*eyeroll* <sarcasm>Because it's impossible for someone who has been our official translator here at Smashboards for over a year and has JUST now become a mod about a month ago to have built up any credibility or appreciation legitimately. </sarcasm>

Wow, please tell me you arent saying that and actually believing it.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I really, really doubt that Sakurai is going to let some hokey magazine reveal all of the characters that he and his team have spent the last two years perfecting. They might reveal something to coincide with the Dojo, or add a character or two, but the idea that they will have the entire roster?
Some hokey magazine? Sakurai does articles in it and they've done stuff before with showing stuff before nintendo has.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Shouldn't CoroCoro subscribers be getting the magazine in a few hours? Subscribers get it on the 13th, or so I've heard.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Shouldn't CoroCoro subscribers be getting the magazine in a few hours? Subscribers get it on the 13th, or so I've heard.
who knows....

I subscribe to OXM and Game Informer, and I do get the magazines before they appear on shelves, sometimes by a week or more.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
are you afraid of the mods? all i saw there was seriously. they are just like anybody else on the board. nothing against them, they seem to be nice people, but jeeze. they have the ability to lock a thread, congratulations. sorry, but that was a pretty bad sentance "its still awesome if nothing happens because then somebody with message board authority that i have never met in my life was correct about something woot."

What's the problem respecting not only a mod, but a guy who translates all the important Japanese stuff and puts out a podcast weekly for us to listen? Why would I be afraid of the mods? I've never been warned...

And if SakuraiPanda's theory actually is right, then that is pretty awesome.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591

What's the problem respecting not only a mod, but a guy who translates all the important Japanese stuff and puts out a podcast weekly for us to listen? Why would I be afraid of the mods? I've never been warned...

are we talking about his demo theory

RegalBuster

Smash Lord

Now i know your kidding.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Not to argue with the theory, it very well could be right... I don't know, but I was really annoyed by the 5-8 posters sucking up to the mod after the first post. Some of the same posters were flaming non-mod posters that stated the same theory. It really was pathetic to see.

KJC2004

Smash Apprentice
uh what about the people that get corocoro magazine early?
i mean the subscribers, dont they get the magazine early.

which means, IT MIGHT BE TOMMOROW....

my birthdays on the 13th......

Boofer

Smash Ace

Well, it's already like 2 or 3 pm in Japan right now. Someone could be looking at it as we speak.

626key

Smash Journeyman

first off, good luck next time it lies on a friday and 2nd do any subscribers have files here

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
If I recall correctly, Japan is about ~14 hours ahead of EST time. I remember my parents calling me in the morning when I was in Japan, but they said it was at night for them. So if my memory serves right, its been the 13th for a little while in Japan.

626key

Smash Journeyman
I know this isn't the right place but I forgot how to make threads, could any one tell me how to.... again

626key

Smash Journeyman
If I recall correctly, Japan is about ~14 hours ahead of EST time. I remember my parents calling me in the morning when I was in Japan, but they said it was at night for them. So if my memory serves right, its been the 13th for a little while in Japan.
Then how long till we here something
P.S. why do sub scribers get theirs early

i rise

Smash Apprentice
subscribers of magazines always get stuff early. when i was subscribed to nintendo power as a kid and then later with EGM i always got it about a week before it hit shelves. my roommate is subscribed to game informer and he gets his about a week in advance too. which means someone in japan must have this by now.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
the fact that subscribers probably have this already, and nothing has been noted anywhere online, most likley means not only did it not reveal anything new, maybe there was nothing-not even old stuff-about smash in this issue...

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, so possibility that people get CoroCoro on the 13th eh?

Meaning in a few hours when their issues arrive we may get word on if it is greatness or crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom