• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Possible but extremely unlikely. They use English loanwords in their own phonetic structure for these two terms. Well, they sometimes do, anyway. I've got a few import games where they refer to, in their katakana script, "ka-a-do" ('card')., and "ki-ya-ra" or similar ('chara').

I guess someone could blunder and typo 'chara' as' card' in a print-mag, I've seen worse before...but it does strike me as unlikely. If they're talking about 'kaado', they probably did indeed mean to refer to cards.

(Disclaimer: My Japanese is weak and self-taught. Don't consider me a source for translations; SamuraiPanda vastly exceeds me in this area, based on what translations of his I've double-checked. I'm simply clarifying this issue.)
I don't think he was talking about the meaning. I think he was trying to say 1 card = 1 character. A card per character, like that DK scan.

Cless

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure it said 30 mai, which is a counter for flat, sheet like things, which is why Panda said pages or cards, but my kanji is exceedingly weak.

I don't think he was talking about the meaning. I think he was trying to say 1 card = 1 character. A card per character, like that DK scan.
Isn't it possible that the cards could have anything on them though? AT's, bosses, starters, and the such?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Also, there are no outlets here in the states that get these magazines? Even so, I would assume if that was the case it would take a couple of days to actually import them...
Pretty much. I know a store in Toronto that gets Japanese magazines about a month after they are originally sold in Japan.

Good to hear solid confirmation of there not being only 30 characters in the game.

The Director

Smash Lord
The cards are little collectables that will have characters on them and then on the back it has their final smash and their special moves
That would be amazingly nice.

And think about it, these 'cards' (if that is indeed what they are) could be what the preview was referring to. Didn't it say something about a booklet or something that was coming with the magazine? Maybe these 'cards' are in this booklet, or perhaps they ARE the booklet.

We'll find out soon enough, I guess.

Cless

Smash Champion
Are you kidding?!? I want player characters ONLY. Wait... if there were others besides PCs... than that would mean that they wouldn't be covering secrets...hmm. ARGH! The mental conflict hurts me so!
They could cover stuff not on the dojo, but I just don't want the game to have 30 total characters.

The Director

Smash Lord
I hate to burst everybody's bubble here, (because let's be honest...a lot of people here are setting themselves up for disappointment) but I have a feeling this won't have any information that we don't know.

My hunch? A lot of magazines here in the states (GI, Gamepro, NP, etc.) have done stories on Brawl, and a lot for next month are doing cover stories and the like. I have a feeling that CoroCoro could be the same exact case.

But, this is a Japanese magazine which could mean they're getting new info. Let's run this around in circles for the next day and a half, shall we? :psycho:

Boofer

Smash Ace
That would be amazingly nice.

And think about it, these 'cards' (if that is indeed what they are) could be what the preview was referring to. Didn't it say something about a booklet or something that was coming with the magazine? Maybe these 'cards' are in this booklet, or perhaps they ARE the booklet.

We'll find out soon enough, I guess.
Actually, some translator said that these cards were actually going to be in FEBRUARY'S magazine that releases on 1/15. That's completely separate from this "all character book."

Are you kidding?!? I want player characters ONLY. Wait... if there were others besides PCs... than that would mean that they wouldn't be covering secrets...hmm. ARGH! The mental conflict hurts me so!
I would too, if we weren't only getting 30 of them...Well, maybe if it was confirmed that 30 wasn't the full roster. As long as there are over 30 characters.

edit: wow, i put "episode" instead of "magazine"

M.K

Level 55
Hmm, has anyone though that 30 may be the STARTING roster? It makes sense, doesn't it? The starting roster would be like...the most hype-est (ugh, I hate fake words) thing that they could reveal right now. It isn't the final roster, every who thinks that, stop acting stupid.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Hmm, has anyone though that 30 may be the STARTING roster? It makes sense, doesn't it? The starting roster would be like...the most hype-est (ugh, I hate fake words) thing that they could reveal right now. It isn't the final roster, every who thinks that, stop acting stupid.
I wish. But that number is huge. I really, really doubt that.

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
I've heard that they said there would be 30 pages of info on brawl not 30 characters. Also I think 30 for a starting roster is huge too, but it's not out of the question.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
This thread will be littered with massive fail when CoroCoro releases information from the Dojo....AGAIN!

I just need my Marth reassurance. Separate moveset from Ike anyway. Plus, Sakurai said Brawl will be tweaked for more air battles. Marth's fAir = win.
If not, I'll be back to using Link. Projectile weight would take getting used to though.
I use characters based on personal bias, not skill. I use Marth even though my Sheik is probably a lot better. :)

Cless

Smash Champion
They've also had twice the amount of time AND a 2 month delay to be working on this game.

30 is reasonable, for all factors taken into account
Well, Brawl does have a lot more features than Melee. Not all of that time had to be spent creating characters.

How many characters were starters in MvC2?

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
It's only Friday in Japan, though?

Why would it leak a day earlier than normal?
I've been wondering that myself, to be quite honest. I know Shonen Jump is reguarly leaked early and when I noticed the attention given this thread, concluded that the same must happen with CoroCoro.

I'm willing to bet money the joke's on me, though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom