• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northwest UK Brawl Circuit: [NEXT: 23rd Aug CONFIRMED] - Gamerbase Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
EM may have dominated singles, but doubles were a different story
1st - The Dark Side, Calzorz (snake/mk) + Oniboy (snake)
2nd - You Need to Dead?!, Blinky (mk) + Ryuken! (Sonic)
3rd - Calzorz sucks (this was the actual team name), Yeniths (snake/marth) + Trio3 (TL)

Final match was 3-2, was very good

so NW performed better in doubles :)

anyways, shoutouts

Aiko - thanks for hosting, was a great tournement, nandos + sf3s too just makes it epic

Yeniths - I hate snake :mad: lol, good to see you again, congratulations on your positions and almost making profit, better luck next time in doubles :), Falcon Finish!

Oniboy - Shame you can't make the ranbats for a while, gl with things to come, your snakes got better lol.

Ryuken! - I was really impressed by how you performed in doubles, keep it up, I'll definately team with you next time.

Calzorz - congratulations on winning, was a good doubles finals, dont think i played you in singles this time, can't remember lol.

Trio3 - Unlucky in doubles, was a great set, congratulations on second place.

Smudge - D3 just doesn't die, except on last stock where he suicide kills, lol, congratulations on your positions, Falcon Chaingrab!

Sorry if i miss anyone, ill update this post when i remember things lol

BTW, next big event, we should have a 4 man 3 way crew match, NW vs EM vs London, singles and doubles

Calzorz

Smash Lord
thanks for the hosting aiko was fun and nandos i didnt actually realise all there is is chicken on the menu so me and andy ran to bking was too good xD! il do some shout outs some time

oh yea and yen and trios team name was too epic i think every1 will agree

Aiko

Smash Champion
Results!

Its the start of the new season!

First off, i'd like some feedback from everyone about this format. We did Singles brackets, Teams brackets and then playoffs. Do people prefer this or the pools + singles brackets? Which do you feel you got better value for money on?

I also forgot to give out the awards to people so please come to me next time and i'll give you a prize.

Singles

1. Calzorz (Snake)
2. Trio3 (Toon Link+ Link)
3. Yeniths (Snake + MK)
4. Oniboy (Snake)
5. Smudge (Dedede)
6. Blinky (MK)
7. Jankai (Fox + Pikachu)
8. Bickers (Diddy Kong)
9. Ryuken! (Sonic)
10. Dooan (Snake + ZSS)
11. JD (Dedede + ZSS)
12. Bush (Falco + Ike)
13. Solid Pit (Sheik)
14. Zero (Pit)
15. LBX (Wolf + Toon Link)
16. Zod (MK)

Best Newcomer - Bickers
Inspirational Inspirer - You need to dead!? (Blinky + Ryuken!)

Yes MK is last and obviously low tier.

Doubles

1. The Dark Side - Calzorz (Snake + MK) + Oniboy (Snake)
2. You need to dead!? - Blinky (MK) + Ryuken! (Sonic)
3. Calzorz Sucks - Yeniths (Snake) + Trio3 (Toon Link)
4. CSI - Smudge (Dedede) + Zero (Pit)
5. Gay Pride - Solid Pit (Sheik) + Zod (MK)
6. Super Awesome Villains Forever - Blipped moon (Dedede) + LBX (Wolf + Toon Link)
7. Power of 1000 Swords - Jankai (Fox + Pikachu) + Bush (Falco + Ike)
8. Tallest in NW - Dooan (Snake) + Bickers (Diddy Kong)

Crew Match - 2 stock each

Each team in order of play.

Team Trio3

Smudge
Blinky
Trio3
Solid Pit
Ryuken!
Bickers
Aiko

Team Calzorz

Yeniths
Oniboy
JD
Dooan
Jankai
Calzorz
Zero

Team Trio3 Wins with 1 Stock left.

First newsletter will come out end of the week and will cover the NW rankings, points system and what to look out for in the next tournament!

Feedback would be great. Cheers!

solid-Pit

Smash Apprentice
I love this format was a good tourny and cant wait for the next one.

A few shoutouts.

Calz0rs - Well played I guess :d bloody snakes.
Trio3 - inspiring toon link player not that many in the scene and ul for those that faced you.
Yen - Fun ditto whilst it last, Next time lets finish it!
Smudge - We had some epic matches all im gonna say is next time bud, im gonna take you down shiek for high tier.
Jankai - GJ yellow rat :d stick with your fox so i dont get so angry hopefully we actually get a chance to play each other in a tournament insted at james crack den.
Bickers - Only got to play you once sadly was a interesting game tbh hope you come to another.
Dooan - Played you in the crew battle got angry at snake :( was my first game against one as shiek and hopefully my last bloody haff - are you gonna be at the next one?
JD - just no d3 is horrible :D

and finally Ant cheers for the tourny and the friendlies - and for letting me borrow a pad legend.

Smudge

Smash Lord
It's weird for me, as I know I prefer the Pools + Brackets. But this RanBats was the most fun of all the RanBats for me so far, Maybe that was teams.

Would there not be time for Pools + Brackets in Singles and Brackets in Double but not do PlayOffs?

Smudge

Smash Lord
I'm currently at work with Aiko

This. Is. Awesome lol

I'll try and bring it a little back on topic, any Idea when the next one is gonna be (In June i assume, thinking more date wise)

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Well done everyone ^^ When is the next one of these?
I'm determined to go to one of these after my exams are finished provided my parents let me go and see how my Peach does. What's the general atmosphere like at the Gamerbase place? Do people watch you as you brawl? You all sound like you have a hell of a time :D

Calzorz

Smash Lord
its good fun to be honest you should definatly get yourself down nice to see newcomers. its seriouse buisness in the actualy singles tourny and doubles but after that just chill and have a laugh playing u get alot of people watching some fights

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
its good fun to be honest you should definatly get yourself down nice to see newcomers. its seriouse buisness in the actualy singles tourny and doubles but after that just chill and have a laugh playing u get alot of people watching some fights
Serious business is always fun as well :p

Hmm spectators D: Lol do they cheer/heckle you? I'd hate to go and get some funny looks...

Tamoo

Smash Master
lol dont worry bout that kinda thing, there's only real hype between the best couple of people,
newcomers wont build up enough hype to get funny looks etc.
and youve got to get over the thought that people will judge you at these tournaments, we're all gamers man, all in the same boat

Calzorz

Smash Lord
yea its true dont worry about that thing i know a few people always want to see me loose a set xD but **** them man if i get them in singles bracket or anything whoever gives u funny looks just wreck them xD! makes it all the more fun

Calzorz

Smash Lord
lol k im only coming if singles entry fee is like 5 each or more and the majority are actually playing brawl this time..

Yeniths

East Midlands!
What a load of bull, but on a side note take this into the EM thread. It has no business here.

This was a fun event guys, I really enjoyed myself and I'm sure everyone else did to. Shoutouts to come.

RyuKen!

Smash Apprentice
Had a great day at this event, i would also like to thank ant for hosting the ranbat.

I will try and do shoutouts by the end of the week if i have time.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Alright just wanted to post a few shoutouts:

Calzorz - Nice seeing you again man, you always improve so much and so fast, always impresses me. Thanks for housing me the Friday, Fresh Prince and our games where to good. You really destroyed me in Winners Finals to. Hope to see you in Grand Finals at Willz.

Trio3 - Congrats on beating me! You said you'd have your revenge and you did lol, next time I'll have to get you back, I really enjoyed our set, sorry about the gay counterpick to Rainbow but it had to be done lol. Hopefully I'll see you at Willz or if not, sometime soon.

Oniboy - Was nice seeing you again man, had a nice chat with you lol. You're Snake had clearly gotten better, shame I didn't manage to get any matches with you this time, but hopefully I'll be able to sometime in the future, I know it'll probably be a while and I wish you luck with things to come!

Smudge - Nice seeing you again to, your a really nice guy and I enjoyed our set, D3 is the only reason I've picked up MK, I have to use him in that matchup, my Snake can't do a thing against D3 and I'm sure you would have beaten me if I used him. Hope to get in some games with you again sometime.

Blinky - Good to see you as always, our set was ridiculously close, your MK is far better then mine, I'll have to steal some of your tricks, Falcon is to good. Oh and good times in doubles, did well knocking me and Trio out.

Jankai - Lol at you thinking I'm like 12, think I'm around the same age as you lol. Keep up the Pika, seriously, he is so good its unreal, watch some matches of Anther and such, I'm sure with time you'll be placing will start to rise.

Ryuken! - Good job in doubles! I was pretty impressed. I still don't think I've had a chance to play you in singles, hopefully next time I will!

Aiko - Nice to see you again baby. Nice job on hosting such a good event, I really enjoyed myself. Oh and you need to get back into Brawl, your still to good. I want another MM next time I see you:).

Was nice to meet everything, hope you all had a good time and I hope to play you all in the future!

Yeniths x

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Alright just wanted to post a few shoutouts:

Calzorz - Nice seeing you again man, you always improve so much and so fast, always impresses me. Thanks for housing me the Friday, Fresh Prince and our games where to good. You really destroyed me in Winners Finals to. Hope to see you in Grand Finals at Willz.
Don't be too sure of that son. I have some new tricks up my sleeve. :)

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I'll MM you on either game, even 64 lol. Man up Willz :p. Any idea when your hosting yet?

blipped moon

Smash Apprentice
I will make love with mouth to the person who posts videos.

Particularly double swallowcide - Fsmash finish

Need <3
I will hold my hands up as responsible for that. :D How to play MK with D3 hahaha
Good games to everyone i played, think they were all very close.

In perticular
My charizard vs Dooan's Snake, both over 150% each. Epic.

First 2 games against Yeniths were too close. Although my D3 still can not handle rainbow ride.

All my games against Jankai and Solid came down to the wire. Both Went to the last life and could of gone either way.

And doubles with LBX against Smudge and Zero. Came down to a D3 on each side but smudge just edged it.

Good day guys wish i got to finish my match vs trio my TL vs his link. that wa slooking like could of been a good fight too.

Safe.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I'll MM you on either game, even 64 lol. Man up Willz :p. Any idea when your hosting yet?
I'm aiming for the 13th of June.

And I'm gonna practice on Melee I'm taking top Melee spot son. I'll do a £2 MM on Melee. I'll think about a £5 for Brawl...

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
Jankai - Lol at you thinking I'm like 12, think I'm around the same age as you lol. Keep up the Pika, seriously, he is so good its unreal, watch some matches of Anther and such, I'm sure with time you'll be placing will start to rise.
I still dont believe it lol I'm working on pika at the moment, aiko showed me those vids, need to get good with that quick attack.. Cheers for the boost :)

I dont really get to play you at tournys, need to tho i enjoy playing your snake and MK :)

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I still dont believe it lol I'm working on pika at the moment, aiko showed me those vids, need to get good with that quick attack.. Cheers for the boost :)

I dont really get to play you at tournys, need to tho i enjoy playing your snake and MK :)
I don't know if you play online or not, but I suggest playing Boxingking who lives in London. His Pika is the closest thing to Anther in Europe that I know of. The connection won't be too bad as you're both from the UK so.... I'd suggest searching for his vids on youtube as well. :)

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if you play online or not, but I suggest playing Boxingking who lives in London. His Pika is the closest thing to Anther in Europe that I know of. The connection won't be too bad as you're both from the UK so.... I'd suggest searching for his vids on youtube as well. :)

Nice one, i dont get to play online because i play on a friends Wii.. I'll look up more of the vids tho when i get time :)
Looking forward to the next tourny now tho because am confident i can get above 7th lol :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom