• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norman, OK - OH SNAP! v4.0 Results

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
OH SNAP! v4.0
Oklahoma Hosts Smash - Need a Pummeling?
The Heritage Room, The Weitzenhoffer Room & Crossroads Lounge; University of Oklahoma
Norman, OK
22 November 2008

Entrants: 112
Pools: eight 14-player pools
Brackets: 48 players

Singles:

1. Dojo (Meta Knight)
2. Roy_R (Marth)
3. Le THieN (Diddy Kong)
4. Melee1 (Ice Climbers, Meta Knight)
5. Sethlon (Falco)
5. Foursaken (King DeDeDe, Meta Knight)
7. Hylian (Game & Watch, Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, Falco)
7. T-Rex (Snake)
9. Santi (Toon Link)
9. Ky (Pit)
9. D4ba (Meta Knight, Snake, Falco)
9. Infinity (Meta Knight)
13. UTD Zac (Game & Watch)
13. Wotts (Zero Suit Samus)
13. Royal Nynja (Diddy Kong)
13. Kown (Pit)
17. DallasPhat (Marth)
17. BASS (Wario)
17. Domo (Meta Knight)
17. Karmacide (Snake)
17. KOS-MOS (Peach, Zero Suit Samus, Marth)
17. Light (Game & Watch, Meta Knight)
17. Shuz (Wolf, Kirby)
17. Fogo (King DeDeDe, Lucario)
25. Xyro (Samus)
25. Clel (Marth)
25. Bwett (Yoshi)
25. Gravy (Wolf, King DeDeDe)
25. Holms (Kirby)
25. Zeton (Fox)
25. Steeler (Pokémon Trainer)
25. Bad News Bear (Pikachu, Marth)
33. Zinth (Meta Knight, Marth)
33. Kyle (ROB)
33. Shade (Wolf, Ike)
33. 999% (King DeDeDe)
33. KLEIN (Diddy Kong)
33. Attackstorm (Falco)
33. Angel (Snake, Falco)
33. GMo (Falco, Donkey Kong)
33. M Prism (Zero Suit Samus)
33. Waka (Game & Watch, ROB)
33. Mr. 3000 (Sonic)
33. Phoenix Alpha (Lucas)
33. Chuck Nasty [forfeit] (Pokémon Trainer)
33. Arikado (Falco, Game & Watch)
33. Affinity (Metaknight)
33. SARS Pirate (Snake/Wario)
49-112. remainder of pools players

Doubles:

1. Broken Arrow (Santi & Dojo)
2. W=MK^2 (D4ba & Infinity)
3. DuggFinn, Will You Marry Me> (Fogo & UTD Zac)
4. Origami (Sethlon & Hylian)
5. Heaven and Hell (Doma & Ky)
5. 5 Letter 'S' Word (Mr. 3000 & T-Rex)
7. Jiggs and **** (PedoBear & Clo)
7. Alan, Get Back in the Car Before I Beat You (Bad News Bear & Light)
9. Undecided (Saber & SEI)
9. Dallas1 (DallasPHAT & Melee1)
9. Meta Gear Solid (Affinity & Karmacide)
9. Don't Taze Me Bro! (Stealth Raptor & Chaos Theory)
13. The Land Before Yoshi (Bwett/Shuz)
13. BFFs (Zinth & Po Pimpus)
13. Xyro is Trash (Xyro & Kown)
13. Bass & Chaz (Bass & Chaz)
17. Rice Cakes (Nynja and M Prism)
17. Alpha Foreskin (Forsaken/Phoenix Alpha)
17. We Are Gonna Kill You Off the Top (Kalo & Wotts)
17. Gay Nasty (TypEX & Chuck Nasty)
17. Fat Legs (Roy_R & Furbs)
17. Team Leftovers (Khaoz & Arikado)
17. Latin Thunder (Waka & Joose)
17. Gimpyfish (Clark & Dam)
25. Twinkie (Shade & Kyle)
25. Death by Snu Snu (Scud & Hazy)
25. Buttmunchers (GMo & KPeezy)
25. Team Bubble Gum (Holms & Attackstorm)
25. Team Chaingrab (Angel & Dizzi)
25. Furry Fury (Zeaton & Super Gamer)
25. I cant Believe You HaveDone This (Young Deezy & Auddy)
25. Shaved Music and the Alcoholic Power (Gravity & SARS)
33. Sakurai!!! (Tatsu & GT)
33. CP$ (Pay$ & CPU)
33. Mulligans (Irish Dude & ???)

Crew Battle:

Oklahoma
  1. BASS
  2. Chuck Nasty
  3. Zinth
  4. SARS Pirate
  5. Shade
  6. Le THieN (crew leader)
  7. TypEX
  8. KOS-MOS
  9. Kyle
  10. Po Pimpus
Texas
  1. Roy_R
  2. Infinity
  3. Sethlon
  4. Santi
  5. Mr. 3000
  6. T-Rex
  7. d4ba
  8. Melee1
  9. Dojo
  10. Hylian (crew leader)

Winner: Texas (with 5 players remaining)

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
WOOT!! TX REPRESENT! Excellent job Dojo and Royr ^__^. I'm so mad that i didn't go. I got ownd in transporation. But sounded like an excellent results. Can't wait for videos!

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Amazing tourney even though it went till like 5 in the morning. had a lot of fun. and dont taze me bro ftw :) btw can we consider ks apart of the southwest? everywhere else in the midwest that plays brawl is like minimum 4 hours away or more.

shoutouts:

melee1: your ics are beast. im glad i only played them in friendlies.

Le Thien: awesome tourney. i bet kansas will come to the next one.

Sars pirate and Bwett: too bad we couldnt get the eating contest done. I am still feeling the effects of 24 hours of no food lol. *goes to cicis*

Wotts: very nice zss. our matches were so close. i think if i had won both of them i would have tied with you for 6th. so close :(

Bear: very nice seeing you again! pika dittos ftw. not the same though......there were no.......waffles...........

RoyR: thank you for the friendlies and the awesome pool matches. I had been hoping to play your falcon :( what with falcon being immune to pikas dthrow cg i wanted to see how well i did

Xyro: g.....uhh.....1/2 stock? i need to track you down again sometime so we can finish this D: texas is trash

Mr. 3000: thank you for the friendlies, though i know we were both tired out of our minds. amazing sonic

Dojo: nice to finally play you. lol @ you telling me to stop using QAC on you.

KOS-MOS: nice seeing you again after event 52. had a lot of fun playing you.

Broken Arrow: we will get you next time. so close on corneria :(

Alan, get back in the car before i beat you: vggs guys. if bear ahdnt gotten that double spike......

That is all i can remember for now. i got to play a bunch of people, but missed out on a few. maybe next time :( now you guys have to come to a KS tourney sometime :D

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yeah, the tournament was mad cool. I'll do full shout outs later since they take way too ****ing long but for here:

Coty: Nice seeing you again dude.

College Station: You're seriously some of the coolest OoS kids I've ever met in my life man.
--Wotts: Your ZSS was sick and was fun as hell to watch. Close matches vs Thien man, I seriously thought you could beat him lol
--Light: You gotta stop giving me **** about my directions lol And i gotta get a pack of cloves soon. Congrats on teams man.
--Bear: You're a monster dude. Fun matches vs you, wish I got to play your Pikachu.

Melee1: Yeah, you sort of wrecked . . . I think your ICs are more technical than my Melee Fox actually. Really fun playing with you man.

Hylian: Too cool dude, loved having you around just to tell me more about Brawl stuff

Bwett: You chickened out.

Sethlon: Holy hell you ****. I knew what I was in for before the match even started lol Too good man. PS, I've never taken a stock from you in any game. I got 4 stocked by your Roy, I got 3 stocked by your Falco T_T

KY: Pleasure to play man, oh my God. Absolutely ridiculous **** you pull.

Xyro: Dude, if it wasn't for you, this wouldn't get any attention. We owe you A LOT! Love your Brawl play, but get back to Melee sometime man.

Infinity: You already know what I want to do.

Bass: GET YOUR *** TO NORMAN!

Arikado: First GW I had to play ever. You're too crazy, you gotta teach me what to do lol

Zeton: Cool dude with a cooler Fox. Nice matches man.

Dojo: Best player at that place no doubt, your meta was ridiculous. I'd be upset if they ban him permanently just cause I can't watch you play again.

Mr. 3000: Inspirational man, your mindgames are just . . .

T-REX: Your set with Thien was amazing. Your Snake is the craziest thing I've ever seen, seriously. Teach me!

Roy_R: Man, I was rooting for you lol Too good man, hope you got some rest afterwards.

Houston: Good **** on coming in from the back of a truck.

Kansas in general: Dudes, so sorry I couldn't clear y'all out as well as I wanted. REALLY sorry, hope you kids had fun.

Texas in general: We'll do crew battles again. And next time, you'll see taunting the likes of which you didn't think were possible.

Oklahoma: Y'all already know what I want to say, shizzz

And finally, GET YOUR ***** BACK HERE FOR OH SNAP 5! IT'LL COME BACK, AND WE NEED Y'ALL TO GET OUT THERE TO PLAY US!

CO18

Smash Hero
Whoa wtf is this cool.

Characters?

Vids?

Also why does Hylain get 7th at EVERY tourney lol.

So weird

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Amazing tourney. I had a lot of fun. I'll post my shout outs later. We are uploading finals matches right now.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Really great tournament. Hanson, you do need to update the original post to reflect the huge turnout we had. And amazing **** getting third, that was awesome. Po, we did really well in teams, I'm glad I teamed with you lol. More shoutouts to come. And I've still got videos to upload.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Whoa wtf is this cool.

Characters?

Vids?

Also why does Hylain get 7th at EVERY tourney lol.

So weird
1. Dojo (Metaknight)
2. Roy_R (Marth)
3. Le THieN (Diddy Kong)
4. Melee1 (IC's/MK)
5. Sethlon (Falco)
5. Foursaken (King DeDeDe)
7. Hylian (Game and Watch)
7. T-rex (Snake)
9. Santi (Toon Link)
9. Ky (Pit)
9. D4ba (Metaknight)
9. Infinity (Metaknight)
13. UTD Zac (Game and Watch)
13. Wotts (ZSS?)
13. Kown (Pit)
17. DPHat (Marth)
17. BASS (Wario)
17. Domo (Metaknight?)
17. Karmacide (Snake)
17. KOS-MOS (Peach?)
17. Light (Game and Watch?/Pit?)
17. Shuz (Wolf/Kirby)
17. Fogo (King DeDeDe/Lucario?)
25. Xyro (Samus)
25. Clo
25. Bwett (Yoshi)
25. Gravy (Wolf/DeDeDe)
25. Holms
25. Zeton (Fox?)
25. Steeler
25. Bad News Bear (Pikachu?)
33. Zinth (MK?/Marth?)
33. Kyle
33. Shade (Ike?)
33. 999% (DeDeDe)
33. KLEIN
33. Attack Storm (Falco?)
33. Angel (Snake/Falco)
33. GMo
33. M Prism (ZSS)
33. Waka (Game and Watch/R.O.B)
33. Mr. 3000 (Sonic?)
33. Phoenix Alpha (Lucas/Lucario?)
33. Chuck Nasty [forfeit] (PT)
33. Arikado (Falco/Game and Watch)
33. SARS Pirate (Snake?)

That's all I remember, soz.

- Foursaken

GMo

Smash Apprentice
1. Dojo (Metaknight)
2. Roy_R (Marth)
3. Le THieN (Diddy Kong)
4. Melee1 (IC's/MK)
5. Sethlon (Falco)
7. T-rex (Snake)
9. Santi (Toon Link)
9. Ky (Pit)
9. D4ba (Metaknight)
9. Infinity (Metaknight)
13. Wotts (ZSS)
13. Kown (Pit)
17. DPHat (Marth)
17. BASS (Wario)
17. Domo (Metaknight)
17. Karmacide (Snake)
17. KOS-MOS (Peach)
17. Light (Game and Watch?/Pit?)
17. Shuz (Wolf/Kirby)
25. Xyro (Samus)
25. Clo (Marth)
25. Bwett (Yoshi)
25. Gravy (Wolf/DeDeDe)
25. Holms
25. Zeton (Fox?)
25. Steeler
25. Bad News Bear (Marth/Pikachu)
33. Zinth (MK/Marth)
33. Kyle
33. Shade (Wolf/Ike)
33. 999% (DeDeDe)
33. KLEIN
33. Angel (Snake/Falco)
33. GMo (Falco/DK)
33. M Prism (ZSS)
33. Mr. 3000 (Sonic)
Added what I knew/Think I know.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
btw clo is clel. and yes he did use marth.

@sybawave- this got done at 6 in the morning. no time for melee. though it would have been hilarious to watch people try to play it.

GMo

Smash Apprentice
Yeah he beat me in Brackets. I CP'd Japes and got triple klaptrapped (or whatever those instadeath things are.)

EDIT: Not johnning, dude out spaced the crap out of me on our first match.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Several reasons,

1. tourney started 2 hours later than expected.
2. about 118 people showed up, 8 pools 14 peopel each
3. one pool took much longer than the others.
4. team tourney/crew battles/money matches.

waveshinespike

Smash Cadet
I'm not on the results list...

AUUUUUUUUUUDDYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Yeah that sucks that I couldn't finish. but maybe it's a good thing I didn't. Its crazy how it lasted till 6 a.m. =\

kown

Smash Lord
Singles:

Dojo - congrats on getting first place. how much money did u earn in one night?..too much haha
2. Roy_R- haha car trip was pretty fun.
3. Le THieN- amazing tournament..cant wait for to actually play you..haha
4. Melee1- really good IC's. congrats on getting 4th
5. Sethlon- ah man u did so well...i think the gayest **** happens to you. amazing crew player..soo sick
7. Hylian- always 7th?
7. T-rex- haha nice job on knocking me out.
9. Santi- (your by far) my favorite player to watch in doubles.
9. Ky- nice job on repping pit
9. D4ba-dude thnxs for helping me so much on my game..i feel like i got over a "hill" in my game
9. Infinity- great games. im glad i got knocked into losers bracket by a nice guy. it seems like the dallas crew is always telling there opponents "nice move" during matches haha.
17. Light- nice seeing you again...hopefully i will c u next year.
17. Shuz- nice wolf...dumb SDs. haha
17. Fogo- 1-1 i wanted to play u again to see who would win the third match...good d3
25. Xyro- amazing fun with dubs and road trip...thnxs for everything u did for me!!!!!!!!!
25. Steeler- good PT. you took me by surprise when we went to corneria...first toureny match there...so close
25. Bad News Bear- sup! we didnt get to play much..but next year we will haha i promise

Kailo- fun playing with you again....
nefarious and jimbo- fun car ride
furbs-man u had a tough nite...im glad u cheered up and got your money back. haha we had a fun car trip...get me those pictures! haha

SWEET TOURNEY!!!!!!!!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
lol, awesome. She is pretty hot. ;)

No singles for Mr. 3000 and no teams for Roy_R?
Mr. 3000 got 1st in his pool and then got last in the brackets >_>. The brackets were really really really hard. This tournament was HUGE. Amazingly fun :).

I always get 4th in teams and 7th in singles at big tournaments it seems >_<. Geez lol.

I will do shoutouts later. I just got home.

I love you all :).

Edit: I didn't play just GW. I used IC's and MK a ton in pools and Falco and MK a lot in brackets. So:

7th: Hylian(G&W/MK/IC's/Falco) >_>. I play too many characters ;_;.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Sorry, guys. I just wanted to get something posted real quick, and totally forgot details like character mains and number of entrants. I'm making modifications as we speak.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

San Angelo - Yall are my little brothers from another mother. Awesome hanging out with all of you for the duration of the weekend. Santi, don't give up. You wreck no matter what the results say :) Cake, work on those hard matchups. D-Bar, stop c4'ing yourself lol. Dojo, keep wrecking.

College Station - Didn't really get to hang out much with yall this time. I'm sad because of it.

Foursaken - I'm impressed with your performance. Good job

Furbs - Aside from all the making fun of you, if you think picking up another character will help you, then go ahead and do it. I hope it works out for you :)

RoyR - Great hanging out with you and Furbs. It was hilarious talking about everything including yall getting wrecked in teams =P. Thanks for the fries, they were amazing.

Sars Pirate - Totally wanted to do that eating contest but time didnt permit so. We will have that much one day.

Affinity - Great friendlies dude. I was super tired so I didnt get to enjoy our matches as much as I would've wanted. Next time, we will have a serious set to really iron things out lol

Sethlon - Super impressed with your performance in crews. Excellent work

Hylian - Ike dittos ftw

Bass - Your Wario was amazing. Why the hell did you not ban Corneria against UTD Zac in tourney?!

Scud - Thank you for the housing dude.

Nynja - Good trash talking with you. Next time, let's get in some friendlies =)

Thien - You are absolutely amazing. Only you could pull something like this off.

DugFinn - Good chilling with you even though you stole my seat and called me ugly. And to think I thought you were cute. I take it back lol.

Denton crew- Good job making it through pools. Dallas area ***** lol.

T-Rex - How does it feel to meet the Real T-Rex in pools? Must've hurt pretty badly...lol. But seriously, you are **** and so is Mr. 3000. I loved the doubles we played before the tournament. So much fun.

Cameron - **** you guy!

Domo - Wow, what can I say. Excellent matches. Super close matches. Could've gone either way. I'm not gonna lie, I really thought I had that last match, but I have no problem losing to you since you are a great player. Extremely unique MK style.

KY - Both you and Domo are super chill and awesome to hang out with. You wrecked me in bracket and I was thoroughly impressed by your skill. We didn't get to do the friendlies that I wanted though. I am sad but I'll play you next time.

If I didn't get you, just tell me =P

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Shouts, mine are always short:

Thien - This dude not only organized transportation to and from the tournament, the tournament itself and his crew, but he also took 3rd in one of the toughest tournaments the south has seen yet. Oh, he also did it all without sleeping the night before. Good **** dude.

Sethlon - I played you 3 times in this tournament and all 3 times it was amazing playing you. Just like always I look forward to playing you again dude. Hopefully I got all the information you were looking for after I got some games in with the other guys. Seriously, looking forward to hanging out again dude. Also: CREW BATTLES MVP! 10 stocks all by yourself dude! That Falco is EXTREME!

Hylian - Sorry we didn't get to play our games dude, but we did bump into each other twice in teams, lol. We'll play a ton next time for sure.

T-Rex - Our games were ridiculously close in friendlies and in tournament dude, but you got me when it counted. Just so everyone knows, this dude has got to be THE most animated Smash player I have ever met.

Mr 3k - Finally got to play you when I wasn't dead tired dude. Your Sonic is balls out dude, easily the best one I've ever seen and I don't care what anyone else says about that.

Roy's Our Boy! - Good **** dude, you got 2nd even after you hadn't slept for something like 2 days. Awesome games playing in friendlies man, your spacing is extraordinary. Your eyes were like completely red at the end of the tournament dude, lol.

Sars - I ran right into that mine :( lmao, good **** dude. Not too many people can say they killed someone without even looking :p You better be ready to party next time I'm up there!

Chuck "No Hat" Nasty - Dude that turtle has some of the craziest mind games I have ever seen. I had no clue what to do about it. Too bad you had to leave man, I was looking forward to seeing you play in the bracket.

Affinity, Domo and Ky - It was good to see you guys again. Your games have all improved a lot and I'm eager to see how much you improve again next time I see you. Also Domo, we'll get in some more games before 5am next time :p

Dojo - Did exactly what I expected you to do: win. I'll bring my A Game for you next time dude.

I've got more shout outs to do later, but I'm about to fall asleep on my keyboard. A ton of out-of-staters can expect more later.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I didn't even look that low for Mr. 3000. Wtf... I wonder what happened.

Why didn't Roy do teams?
Roy did do teams. Look at the results lol.

Also, 3000 was playing really well. The brackets were just really really really hard >_<.

Lots of videos were recorded. Hopefully those go up soon.

Especially crews :).

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
I feel so dirty having used MK to fight your Diddy, Le_THiEN. I should have stuck with D3. Despite being at a disadvantage, I'm way more comfortable with that match-up then anyone else. Regardless, your Diddy is beastly. Thanks for everything, matches, hosting, and housing. You made my first OOS tournament very enjoyable.

I'll have shout-outs posted later on tonight, maybe.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
This was my first tournament and it was crazy awesome. A lot of people and so many with amazing skill. I didn't make it out of pools with my 9-14 record lol but it was hard D:<; though no Johns. My favorites to watch were:

1. Santi- that was the most amazing TL!!!! Made it seem like every match was a items match.

2. Sethlon- WTF, your Falco is a beast!! What was it like, 10 stock?, that you took out in the crew battle?

3. and GO, you trash talked SOOOOO f'n much it was hilarious. Like the 7 v. 7 crew match at Hanson. At the end I heard, "We didn't win? Guess we didn't trash talk enough." Amazing Wario though~

TEXAS ftw! And I'm totally on board for the next tournament!

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Originally Posted by PhoenixAlpha View Post
1. Dojo (Metaknight)
2. Roy_R (Marth)
3. Le THieN (Diddy Kong)
4. Melee1 (IC's/MK)
5. Sethlon (Falco)
7. T-rex (Snake)
9. Santi (Toon Link)
9. Ky (Pit)
9. D4ba (Metaknight)
9. Infinity (Metaknight)
13. Wotts (ZSS)
13. Kown (Pit)
17. DPHat (Marth)
17. BASS (Wario)
17. Domo (Metaknight)
17. Karmacide (Snake)
17. KOS-MOS (Peach)
17. Light (Game and Watch?/Metakight)
17. Shuz (Wolf/Kirby)
25. Xyro (Samus)
25. Clel (Marth)
25. Bwett (Yoshi)
25. Gravy (Wolf/DeDeDe)
25. Holms (Kirby)
25. Zeton (Fox?)
25. Steeler
25. Bad News Bear (Marth/Pikachu)
33. Zinth (MK/Marth)
33. Kyle
33. Shade (Wolf/Ike)
33. 999% (DeDeDe)
33. KLEIN (Diddy Kong)
33. Angel (Snake/Falco)
33. GMo (Falco/DK)
33. M Prism (ZSS)
33. Mr. 3000 (Sonic)
Added a few I knew. First OOS tournament and I enjoyed it a lot and am looking towards another when I get better~

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Wait, didn't Gravity and TypEx make it out of pools? I don't see them in the bracket results :o

I've got several matches from the "refugee camp" part of the tournament to upload, so expect seeing those sometime this week.

Top Bottom