• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Why does it offend you so much that you would like for me to change it?

It was a very funny conversation I had with Adam, I asked him if I could sig it, he said sure. I told Vanessa about it, she found it funny.

I think its kinda absurd that you WANT it to be changed. Last time I checked (and asked) you guys werent together anymore.
It's become slightly more common to refer to Vanessa particularly as a female smasher. It is specifically in the increased frequency of the manner and lack of discretion for which Vanessa's personal life is portrayed that I become offended for such smaller things nowadays. Although we may not be an official couple, I still hold a very strong dedication to her. I strongly feel that, even if we aren't together, Vanessa still be treated with more respect.

I don't like it in your signature. Even though Vanessa may see it as a joke, I don't take it too lightly. I know you're often open to such crazy things, but it is something that I don't want anyone doing -- even when I don't personally mind your actions.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Vanessa is a big girl, Rey, and she has enough respect from Norcal Smash as a whole that if she were really bothered by anything, she'd be able to approach whomever about it herself and they'd listen. Honestly I don't think you're scoring any points with her or anyone else by white knighting like this.

SuperRad

Smash Master
Rey:
The act that you are presently engaged in is known to some as 'white knighting'. Vanessa is an adult, and as such can defend herself. If the comments made within the community are bothering her, she should let it be known. I understand that Vanessa is a close friend of yours, but there is no reason she can't stand up for herself.
As of right now, I've seen nothing from her that indicates that the comments made bother her. Alan [who seems to be a pretty good friend of Vanessa's] has made quite a few jabs at her personal life before when I've been present, and she has always laughed them off.

Just because you don't have a sense of humor about the situation doesn't mean Vanessa can't.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
Vanessa is a big girl, Rey, and she has enough respect from Norcal Smash as a whole that if she were really bothered by anything, she'd be able to approach whomever about it herself and they'd listen. Honestly I don't think you're scoring any points with her or anyone else by white knighting like this.
I completely agree that she is a big girl. However, I'm not doing this just for her.

Also, it's not necessarily true she would actively defend herself.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
LMAO

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

in all seriousness though rey, you personally weren't even brought up in the signature, so i don't see how you should take offense to it

even if you still <3 vanessa,
in this case it is just her, as a single entity
and if she objects to it, then she can say something
I get personally angry hearing vanessa get talked about like that.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
You should also afford Alan the same respect -- that he has taken your feelings into consideration, and he can do whatever he feels after that.

Anyway, it was a totally benign conversation. No one was talking about her "like that." I personally don't hold any feelings of attraction towards her, and I doubt Alan does either. It was just a dream lolololol, and knowing Alan's personality I was pretty sure he'd be amused by it.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Frankly that's really something you're just going to have to get over, especially given that there is not really any malice or mudslinging behind it. I hope it's understood that I'm saying this to you as a friend.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
You already asked. Keep it up and you'll be begging, if you already aren't.

Remember, you can't control other people. You already asked; what is belaboring the point accomplishing?

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
I just strolled on in here to let everyone know that drama is overrated.

Yes this is a forum, and you may have the idea that whatever anyone posts is fair game. And, you're right.

Trying to defend someone on a forum site is like trying to fend off a bear from getting your sandwich with a small 4' stick, it just doesn't work out too well.

Then again a lot of people that post in here actually know each other even if in fleeting introductions. So lay off when possible to avoid dividing the community and creating hate (regardless of how ****ty the community already is).

So my advice would be to remember that this is the internet. People are gonna talk ****. Get over it.

Or does everyone want to be like FTA? Your call.

Shroomed

Smash Master
rey, i think everyone's saying it has nothing to do with you so they think ur trippin way too hard over nothing

which u are

i wanna play socal in double dash, they said they were good

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
rey, i think everyone's saying it has nothing to do with you so they think ur trippin way too hard over nothing

which u are

i wanna play socal in double dash, they said they were good
Mango did say they were gonna play Double Dash.

BRING IT TO THE COLLEGE TOMORROW!

Gaara♥

Smash Master
i still think if any of you guys were in reys shoes he would respect your wishes if asked to. And like he said, we're all friends here so why not?

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
/end previous discussion
@lovage, dajuan sucks at 64. worst mario in norcal.
alan, i need my ar.
lets not let a few words mess up a good thing.
wtf am i doing here anyway

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
thats brian's go-to line i see him spit that **** on the daily

Top Bottom