• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Zoap

Smash Master
i cant practice bob$ has my disc, which is better cuz he likes practicing and I dont.

Ill practice my ddd chain throws.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
its gonna be crowded at my house on thursday.

me, dm, mexican, pink shinobi, macd, and some modesto ppl r gonna smash in my house on thurs

u can come if u want lol. but its gonna be hellllllla crowded in 1 room so ur probably the last person that can come (if u do)

lets see u beat my marth now when u have mew2king and cactuar practice!!!!!!!!!!!

MacD

Banned via Administration
its gonna be crowded at my house on thursday.

me, dm, mexican, pink shinobi, macd, and some modesto ppl r gonna smash in my house on thurs

u can come if u want lol. but its gonna be hellllllla crowded in 1 room so ur probably the last person that can come (if u do)

lets see u beat my marth now when u have mew2king and cactuar practice!!!!!!!!!!!
now i know the suprize, dam, i really really really can't wait, aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh, soooooooo freaking excited

wow, i haven't psoted in here forever

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i quit this game yesterday

ill be back in a couple weeks but for now im not playing
while i never encourage quitting melee due to my biased love for it, sometimes taking a break can be good/helpful.

this might be a bad example but i took a break from my main for a good while.
now i'm getting my peach back and not only do i feel i've learned a lot from playing other chars, but i have a (temporary) excitement for the game again. AND I WANT TO GET GOOD!

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
while i never encourage quitting melee due to my biased love for it, sometimes taking a break can be good/helpful.

this might be a bad example but i took a break from my main for a good while.
now i'm getting my peach back and not only do i feel i've learned a lot from playing other chars, but i have a (temporary) excitement for the game again. AND I WANT TO GET GOOD!
Its good to takes breaks, especially if your just getting mad or frustrated when you play. (which you shouldnt be)

More importantly it gets rid of bad habits when you start up again.

but sadly your tech skill suffers because of it.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Its good to takes breaks, especially if your just getting mad or frustrated when you play. (which you shouldnt be)

More importantly it gets rid of bad habits when you start up again.

but sadly your tech skill suffers because of it.
i agree for the most part.

'cept my peach's tech skill hasn't suffered.in fact, i can FC nairs/bairs oos more fluently now.
i think it's because during my "break" i was picking up fox and trying to be somewhat technical.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
i agree for the most part.

'cept my peach's tech skill hasn't suffered.in fact, i can FC nairs/bairs oos more fluently now.
i think it's because during my "break" i was picking up fox and trying to be somewhat technical.
I wouldnt call that a Smash break ,more like a "main char break".

sounds stupid i know but i couldnt think of a cool name.

Anyways everybody should play Fox for the tech skill.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
I wouldnt call that a Smash break ,more like a "main char break".

sounds stupid i know but i couldnt think of a cool name.

Anyways everybody should play Fox for the tech skill.
lol yeah. that's why i was saying i'm most likely a bad example.
i took a "main char break" and it helped.
fox DEFINITELY helped my tech skill.
the problem with MY fox is that it has no brains.

i'm ready to start beating fox and falco mains that are better than me but aren't that good against peach. lmao it's all i can really hope for right now.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't actually want a million people over on a weeknight, so if anyone besides the people who already posted want to come, you'll have to ask me on aim

Top Bottom