• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
hmm well next saturday there is no biweekly...and both my parents are going to be off somewhere. im thinking smashfest at my place! maybe like a 6 hour smashfest from 1 to 7 or so would work out. i'll probably max out at like 10 people or so, but if my parents will let me, and a few extra TVs and cubes show up, i MIGHT be able to have as many as 12 over. we'll see. if you're interested, then drop me an IM before friday at whitewashedninja. i live in milpitas with easy acess to 680 and extremely easy acess to 880. i might be willing to make a stop at a bart station or something if someone needs it, too. lets see what happens!

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
hmm well next saturday there is no biweekly...and both my parents are going to be off somewhere. im thinking smashfest at my place! maybe like a 6 hour smashfest from 1 to 7 or so would work out. i'll probably max out at like 10 people or so, but if my parents will let me, and a few extra TVs and cubes show up, i MIGHT be able to have as many as 12 over. we'll see. if you're interested, then drop me an IM before friday at whitewashedninja. i live in milpitas with easy acess to 680 and extremely easy acess to 880. i might be willing to make a stop at a bart station or something if someone needs it, too. lets see what happens!
Even though next Saturday isn't a biweekly, the NCT2 Fundraiser is still next week.

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
well since the fundraiser thing is full, anyone who wants to have a smashfest let me know ^_^ im not detracting from from your event karthik, since im not even invited because i didnt sign up and its full. so...smash anyone?

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Hey all just got back from a full 36 HOURS OF SMASHING!!! Oh man my head hurts.

Lol me and about 3 other guys were traveling in my car about half way down tothe biweekly venue when we recieved the news that the biweeklies were cancelled. Well now that'ts about 1 hour and 15 min worth of driving right there so I said F that we're gonna smash today or my car isn't white, and it is white!!! So I, being the Nintendoking with many a connection within the smash community, was able to rally up some bros from modesto/stockton area and hold a quaint smashfest at this gaming place called Gamers Edge. Best part was a ginormous Halo tournament was going on at the same place, fortunately though with some sweet talkin we managed to rangle up the biggest and most non laggiest TVs they had there from the evil Halo-ians. Needless to say we had an awesome time.

Special thanks to certain members of FTA for taking time to help gather smasherz. A MAJOR thanks to mr. KFC for rallying his troops.

So I was thinking that if this EVER happens again, and most likely it will not cause Kizzo and them are usually on top of things from what i hear, I think that it would be a grand idea to relocate the biweekly or at least make into a smashfest so that everyone can get there samsh's worth in there. The modesto gaming center is a good place to hang out and play smash as an alternative means to the biweekly.

If not at this modsto place, anyone who usually has free housing open for smashing should let the rest of us members here on SWF know in case of the unfortunate event that the biweeklies are shut down for whatever reason. It would be a good alternate I believe just to be safe.

Well guess the fundraiser is up next!!! See you all there1!!!11

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
Yeah sorry NintendoKing, and everyone else, that the biweekly was cancelled. But what can I say? - it happens.

And yes, maybe we can relocate the tournament somewhere else next time, or make a smashfest, but I don't know.

MyKo

Smash Lord
You Probably Can Tell After IP Tracking Me.
hmmmm..i feel smash drifting away from me.

i wonder if i should come anymore or play.

TKVANESSA FTW!

hi christina =P

i might come..to this one..maybe..but i think i have a haircut and hairdye..to Brown so......EHHH we'll see.

SPECTRE/TANG/NEK, GOOOOO!!

BTW YEN, if it IS YOU that changed your account, why did you make a new one..?? - _-

OR ARE YOU A FAKE?

The GERM

Smash Ace
rgus us bob at germs house I WANT TO SMASH!!!!!!
DAN and zel are gone theres no one to stop my powers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im the Asian Counter
JK!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahahaha

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
if there is a relocation, plz relocate north....its hard enough for ppl up in my area to take the 3 hours to get there...are theer any available venues for biweeklies in: Antioch? Concord? SF? Tracy? Stockton? Modesto? Davis? Elk Grove?

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
if there is a relocation, plz relocate north....its hard enough for ppl up in my area to take the 3 hours to get there...are theer any available venues for biweeklies in: Antioch? Concord? SF? Tracy? Stockton? Modesto? Davis? Elk Grove?
NCBs will remain in San Jose. Of course there's those TGEs at Modesto.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
DBR should know that NK has his car and is down for any night time smashing any night of the week. I mean cmon now.

GERM whenever you wanna smash just let me know and I'll be there.

Ian

Smash Ace
thats really far to the people who are in snajose and have an equal distance from you but south though ~_~

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
alright so ive got mcc down for my smashfest on saturday...and some of my non smashboards friends will be comming, too. but there is still room for a few more of you not going to the fundraiser tourny! lets get some smash on

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
to everyone who wants the NCB relocated north, here's my words of wisdom.
go and do it. if you want a tourny in a different place, make it happen. the fact that we get such awesome tournaments on a regular basis are because of kizzo, who happens to have connections to san jose state, and happens to be able to get a room IN SAN JOSE. if someone else can find a place more suitable for them, then you better be able to host it...show up early to set up, clean up after, all that stuff. and you have to get TVs. and you have to make sure the room isnt smaller than the NCB room, or people wont fit.

its a lot to think about. considering how i live in milpitas, i actually would considerly prefer the NCB to stay in san jose. however if enough people believe it should be in san fransisco...then go find a place in san fransisco instead of telling people to host it further north.

certainly easier said than done!

my 2 cents. thank you for reading.

Art?

Smash Journeyman
i'm not trippin' over the location of the tourney, but i'd like to point out that kizzo also gets to use the room for free, and that's a BIG PLUS. and if everyone would shower and wear deodorant, the place wouldn't smell so foul. sure it gets hella hot, but you can easily step outside to cool off. plus, there's mcdonald's, jack-in-the-box, and LA VIC'S within a reasonable walk. i will admit, though, that parking (finding and/or prices) is a *****.

bioalp43

Smash Journeyman
I consider Santa Cruz like central coast......but its closer to nor cal, so i consider it nor cal

I always thought UCSC was more of downtown Santa Cruz, but my dad showed me where its at, and the beatiful landscape, and all its like easy to get from there to my dads resteraunt........i think i might of gotten it mixed up with another school, but w/e...lol i dont even live in santa cruz.....straight up scotts valley lol

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
UCSC is pretty nice. PHD and I are planning to hold a tourney or two up there.

And you SJSU students, once I round up a batch of qualified smashers at UCSC,

SJSU VS UCSC CREW BATTLE (inspired by UCI vs UCSD) YAYUHZ!

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
UCSC is pretty nice. PHD and I are planning to hold a tourney or two up there.

And you SJSU students, once I round up a batch of qualified smashers at UCSC,

SJSU VS UCSC CREW BATTLE (inspired by UCI vs UCSD) YAYUHZ!
Think you're all big and bad with your "state university" and your "university of california" hm???

How about CCSF vs you guys? City College!!!

CCSF vs All UCs and All SU's.

CCSF > SJSU > UCSC (Cus sheridan doesn't go to UCSC anymore if I'm correct :))

Snap

Smash Ace
UCB >>>>>> CCSF > SJSU > UCSC

well, i dunno how true that is in terms of smash skill. we've got a few good ones. if we were to do a battle of the universities (and i guess community colleges), im sure everyone would have a lot of fun representing their school.

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
Sheridan is supposed to be a grad student... but we'll see. But hey you guys have like what, all the SF asians? Pshhh....

And yeah either way us UC boys are definitely ibgger and better. Snap is top tier for Berkeley.

BTW we have (if Sheridan is indeed a grad student)

Sheridan, Me, PHD, Mikkuz, and errrr I dont know we'll find other good people. The rest I know are noobs who are marveled by WDing and spam the good moves -___-

But yeah itd be fun nevertheless. We should have one smashfest (or some time in an NCB) to have this. *Asks Ken to transfer to UCSC*

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
HAY GUYZ.

So yeah I'm back from yet another vacation which included driving across the country and MLG Orlando, which owned.

I'm going to be moving to Santa Cruz on Saturday. I am indeed going back to grad school at UCSC. I won't be able to smash too much the first 2 weeks though because I have qualifying exams the 11th-15th, then I'm probably going home the next weekend cause my birthday is the 18th (I'll be 24...eww) but I will go to the Sep 9 biweekly, so maybe 1 or 2 days of practice could happen.

So yeah, SF ASIANS I can't give you guys rides home anymore, sorry.

Zoap

Smash Master
ouch sheridan big ouch. Ill be there and it will be my bday, which means im forcing snap to come ^_^ so u all better watch out ill be older wiser and wat ever else comes wit age(must ask sheridan on this one lol j/k but really?) And u all know LMC and DVC takes crew battles, we have bob friggin money, i do believe its done lol

EDIT: And we get Snap too cuz he went to LMC for a whole semester <(^_^<)

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
A tournment at UCSC would be very nice and convenient for me since i live somewhat close to UCSC
Once school starts I'm gonna try and get a room to have a smash tournament or two up there. Some might be jsut within UCSC, some I might post it here on Smashboards. We'll see.

I should make a theard for the NorCal College crew battles XD.

So yeah, SF ASIANS I can't give you guys rides home anymore, sorry.
But you can give me and PHD a ride there and back right? :chuckle:
Well that is when school starts and all.

Top Bottom