• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Don't go crazy cus the BiWeekly might not happen. Respect the Kizzo, he deserves a lot more prestige than any of us here. I don't see it too much as a happy "thanks for starting up the tournies again Kizzo", I see it more as a "Kizzo you said you will do it don't back up right now otherwise you'll jack up our weekends!" If you didn't mean that, then don't worry about it. But appreciate...don't complain.

mcc

Smash Ace
i didn't mean the "jack up weekend" comment at all :X

i'm just dissappionted cuz i was looking forward to this for a week and it was going to be my first tournament

but you guys pulled through before, right?

gundamboi

Smash Apprentice
i didn't mean the "jack up weekend" comment at all :X

i'm just dissappionted cuz i was looking forward to this for a week and it was going to be my first tournament

but you guys pulled through before, right?
haha i was jkin about it also lol and STOP CALLIN ME MR 9 STOCK i swear if someone says it at the tourney if it happens im a smack them with my controller ^^ jking.

Yea Kizzo is a man to be respected ill await for ur post at 8:30 thx Kizzo for ur hard work in tryin to open the doors ^^.

bioalp43

Smash Journeyman
Yes, you would be able to take your GC at that time. Just give the people playing on it a heads up to turn it off after their match is done, or whatever. What happened to your old teams partner?

****, about the biweekly may not happening. That's a familiar situation, heh.
OH ALI......that was the only biweekly he went to lol.............i think it was the first round against zelgadis that really made him quit lol..........but me, i had a first round against king and i did al right......so i just kept with it

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Well I'm still gonna be traveling that 2.5 hours to get there at the butt crack of dawn. And if the doors aren't open or some **** like that, I'm gonna find where these dudes who run the place live and hunt them down and make them open up the place or I will pee on their leg and give them a hot carl.

And then I will find Kizzo so he can OFFICIALLY open the place up. And that will be that.

SOOOOOooooo. If this thing doesn't end up happening does anyone wanna hold a smashfest or just smash in general for some of us guys travleling from Roseville/ Sacto??? Let me know pleeeassse!!!

Afro Justin

Smash Journeyman
I would, but in a few hours i will be off on my way to Washington... No more biweeklies for me for a while... Sorry guys. I'll be back for christmas time, so if there are biweeklies i should be able to go to one or two. Until then (or next summer), it's been fun. See ya!

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
I checked the doors and they're not open, so no biweekly. Sorry. I'm using a friend's computer who lives in the dorms to post this message, as even the bookstore isn't open for me to use the computer.

Yeah it was just a mistake on the part of our new advisor, unaware of the procedures to get a building open on a particular day. But all in all, I guess the next biweekly will be the next upcoming Saturday, if that's fine with most people. Sorry for people traveling far. Spread the word: NO BIWEEKLY THIS WEEK. I'll try and post something on the doors if I can. Until next time.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Hmm, Nintendoking called and he was wondering since there was no biweekly if anyone would be kind enough to throw a smashfest =D
Yeah, if anyone can throw a smashfest I can run a mini tournament or something, I wanted to do somethin smash-wise today.:(

Art?

Smash Journeyman
why don't you just switch the location of the fundraiser tourney to the biweekly room? larger turnout = larger earnings. plus, we get to stay longer. how 'bout it, eh?

darkatma

Smash Hero
coz the house is cooler xD

and fremont people are lazy and don't wanna travel
(hence, fremont presents)

edit: I just asked Karthik and he said this:
"Well, the fundraiser tournament was planned for Fremont assuming that NCBs would happen on August 26th and September 9th. They were supplementary for NCB, not taking the place of it. I'm sure we would get a larger tournament but arrangements have already been made to have it at this Fremont location, so for this week, it will have to be at the garage. Starting the next fundraiser, maybe it will be in the biweekly room if the CS Room officials permit them."

Ian

Smash Ace
coz the house is cooler xD

and fremont people are lazy and don't wanna travel
(hence, fremont presents)

edit: I just asked Karthik and he said this:
"Well, the fundraiser tournament was planned for Fremont assuming that NCBs would happen on August 26th and September 9th. They were supplementary for NCB, not taking the place of it. I'm sure we would get a larger tournament but arrangements have already been made to have it at this Fremont location, so for this week, it will have to be at the garage. Starting the next fundraiser, maybe it will be in the biweekly room if the CS Room officials permit them."
also the fundraiser is more of a fundraiser not a tournament where you have a chance of winning $100+

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Well, I'm expecting to raise around $550 before the Big One.

This upcoming Sept 2nd fundraiser will raise around $270 (that amount is including NK's pledge). So, that means, we're going to have 2 more fundraisers in Fremont sometime as well unless someone else wants to run some fundraisers in their homecity. That'd be coo' too.

Hopefully someone steps it up.

Snap

Smash Ace
Well, I'm expecting to raise around $550 before the Big One.

This upcoming Sept 2nd fundraiser will raise around $270 (that amount is including NK's pledge). So, that means, we're going to have 2 more fundraisers in Fremont sometime as well unless someone else wants to run some fundraisers in their homecity. That'd be coo' too.

Hopefully someone steps it up.
yo karthik, what's the fundraiser going to be used for, specifically? how much will it cost to rent the place out?

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
It's pretty much going to be used for the rent, food/soda, etc.

As of right now, the Saturday venue costs $200, and we're in the middle of searching for a Sunday venue to extend NCT2 to becomming a 2-day event, but for now it's only 1-day.

Those who attend the fundraisers, and donate will obviously be getting minor discounts for the tournament events. All the money left over I guess will go towards the pot, or go for funding NCT3 or something.

And those that donate enormous amounts are obviously going to get a full discount. :)

If you want a full report as to how much money is donated, and how each dollar is used for the tournament, and how much money was left, I would be more than happy to provide all that if there are trust issues here.

Top Bottom