• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
Art? said:
it'd be great if norcal gets the honor of playing smashers of such god-like caliber.
I do pretty well against Marths haha.

I'll look at the dates, and see if I can get those days off to host some tournaments.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
Ok Art. I posted in the SoCal Roadtrip thread about a tournament, and I'll wait for results ( if any ). You guys post your thoughts too.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
sidefx said:
thats dumb.. we pay someone half the pot to throw the tourny for us? why not just take like 2 dollars out of it, or maybe even 1. if 50 people show up, thats 50 bucks right there. taking 5 though? thats just dumb. atleast 250 for himself.. no way
Yeah, i've been around tournaments for years, and I've never seen people want that much of a profit, that is way too much, the person holding the tournament should not be getting 50% of the pot. If it was 2-3 dollars then that would be find, in a 50 man tournament, that's still 100-150 dollars in profit. Or lower the entry fee to about 7-8 dollars, and take out 2-3, cuz that's way too much profit, with not enough payout, depending on how you split up 1-3rd place, the tournament organizer could be making twice as much as 1st place, that ain't coo, this is my opinion on it though. If they happen I will more than likely still up and still enter. Even though that's kind of bullsh*t, I'd still be grateful that the biweeklies are back, it'd be worth it to me, I just wouldn't like it very much :ohwell:

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
ShadowBTZO said:
Yeah, i've been around tournaments for years, and I've never seen people want that much of a profit, that is way too much, the person holding the tournament should not be getting 50% of the pot. If it was 2-3 dollars then that would be find, in a 50 man tournament, that's still 100-150 dollars in profit. Or lower the entry fee to about 7-8 dollars, and take out 2-3, cuz that's way too much profit, with not enough payout, depending on how you split up 1-3rd place, the tournament organizer could be making twice as much as 1st place, that ain't coo, this is my opinion on it though. If they happen I will more than likely still up and still enter. Even though that's kind of bullsh*t, I'd still be grateful that the biweeklies are back, it'd be worth it to me, I just wouldn't like it very much :ohwell:
Yeah that's true. I don't really remember exactly what he said - $5 or $2. But yeah - not everyone loves Smash as much as I do haha.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
KizzoGirl said:
Yeah that's true. I don't really remember exactly what he said - $5 or $2. But yeah - not everyone loves Smash as much as I do haha.
Oh, ok. And no I do, it's just I used to be a tournament runner/organizer myself, and I would never make a profit, and past tournaments I've been in I've seen only a 2-3 dollar profit, but like I said though, it's still fine with me even if it is 5 dollars, I'd just be glad to have the biweeklies back :)

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Mike, you idiot. You're lucky I'm not in CA to beat your a*s and eliminate you out of a tourney for the third time. You can't take 1/2 of the pot, that's hella jacked. You and cheap *** Marth, roflmao.

LMAO... Mike host the **** tourney, and take $1 from each person. You'll get $50, all while playing the game that you love. Son of a b*tch. I don't know why I'm cussing. I just woke up.

Haha, much love Mike. Hope the things you quit smash for are going well.

LOL... India's hot. :mad: Everyime I leave the AC room.. I go :crazy:

bioalp43

Smash Journeyman
Lol, my parents won't take me, so i guess i have to the bus............

But the bus is scary and full of scary people. W/e, if anyone knows like a bus that would take me like close to san jose university tell me!!!!

Pshh, i say we have it on 4th of july and set off fireworks in the room while we play.

Time to go watch the world cup......Argentina better beat Mexico or else somone will die!!!

MyKo

Smash Lord
You Probably Can Tell After IP Tracking Me.
LunInSpectra said:
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GAWD!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

R
OFL

LFO

MAO

RO
LOL

ROFL
A

R

M
AO

EDIT:

Oh yeah. ...I'd still go to the tournament if its a $15 entry fee........
LO

L
O

L
O
L

OL

L
OL
OLO
LLOL
LOLOLOL~!

by the way i think i might be wrong or not, but if Lunin and Spectre are aware too..and if i'm correct, 6-7 special people from MLG LA are coming down to SF.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
For the record, there are no announced events as of yet.

Germany over Argentina.

What I want to see: Germany, Italy, Ecuador and Brazil... but Argentina and England will probably prevail.

MyKo

Smash Lord
You Probably Can Tell After IP Tracking Me.
REY TALK TO ME, tell me if you guys are coming tonight or tomorrow back here?

if i'm correct, you said there should be housing for some people..Justin can do it i believe tonight or tomorrow.

AIM/repost here to tell me information asap.

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
LunInSpectra said:
I was so freaking close to beating DA-Dave...........................

Only Germ & SS made it out of their pools. Oh hey...lol...I'm in LA. I entered MLG Anaheim!
I jsut checked the brackets, and SS beat Wife and Eddie. Oh man good stuff.

1) Ken
2) PC
3) Chudat

Repeat of last MLG if I'm right? But yeah props to SS.

SuperRad

Smash Master
SS was by far my favorite person to watch at Anaheim. In the pool play he tore through everybody, and with incredible style (moonwalk->up-B for a kill). And when he made pro he showed people he was for real. He three stocked wife on Brinstar, it was insane. It seemed like he had a lot of trouble against Fox (I forget if thats a counter to Falcon), but he still managed to beat Tink in one game, almost two, KDJ in one, and beat Eddie's Fox to advance past him. In doubles him and bob$ made a great team to watch, again tearing through their pool and advancing to pro.

I just thought I should say hey to the few norcal smashers I met (or sort of met) there:
Hyuga: I was in your pool and talked to you about Biweeklies, Santa Cruz and NCT2.
ShadowBTZO: I introduced myself to you as Brian from Santa Cruz I think.
LunIn: I dont think I formally met you but you gave me a tip for playing against Peach. I watched you play your Pool, I thought you did extremely well but that pool was tough.

Overall it was fun as hell for my first tournament. I definitely need to pick up a gamecube so I can practice before NCT2 atleast.

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
Ian said:
did SS win Amatures? does that mean he get's the 2000$ or he only get's to advance to pro?
You don't win cash in Amatuers. They only play the brackets until they get 16 people left, and those 16 end up going to the pro bracket. Then that's where the money comes in. BUT SS did win his two amatuer matches to advance.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Yeah, Brian, I remember that on Saturday.

MLG Anaheim was a **** good tournament though. I was hella pissed cuz I didn't pre-register, then woke up late so I couldn't enter, but bein angry about it all weekend would've made the weekend way less fun, so I was just like "f*ck it" and just did ALOT of friendlies. We do need to organize something though, my Sheik needs alot of work. I had some pretty close matches with Aesis, but I like his Sheik way more than mine, it's hella good. It was hella cool chilin wit everyone, but only a few people made the cut for shout outs :chuckle: :

Sheridan (Hyuga): As always it was hella cool playin/chillin wit you, too funny man, still laughin at ur sh*t in the oregon trail video haha, good sh*t in teams with Aesis too, pretty good. Our teams were too good though, Twin G&W is crazy, haha. You better come back here, so you can drive to Salinas and play, I doubt I'll be drivin anytime soon. As for singles at the tournament though, I think you could've made brackets, but w/e it's all good.

Rey (LunIn): It was coo playin/chillin wit you too, we had some pretty good friendlies, but I never played my Sheik against ur Fox, I have to do that pretty soon. That was like the first time I had like actually talked to you too..haha. You did hella good in pools, IC's are hella gay, but w/e...still too good. I'll be practicin and hopefully be able to go wit u guys on the norcal road trip or w/e it called...haha.

Jeff (SilentSpectre): ****...we did alot of friendlies..haha but you did way too good at the tournament, I mean I knew you would, but I guess I just had to see it. Crazy sh*t 3 stocking Wife at Brinstar, I think you could've had KDJ though, Onett's just hella gay. We played like an hour straight in Germ's room too, cuz everyone cept Hella was asleep, and we played during the finals too...haha, but it was coo, always fun playin you, even though I don't like losin all the time...I think I only beat you a few times in the room when you were kinda off or somethin :ohwell: ...but yeah hopefully you go to more MLG's cuz you could place way higher too, if you got around Fox. You were getting better it looked like too on Sunday, I noticed in our friendlies later that day, hella crazy.

As for everyone else, it was hella cool either seein or playin you, hopefully the biweeklies or somethin come back so it can happen more often, and Bob and Germ are too **** funny..haha.

SuperRad

Smash Master
MyKo said:
F""""" YEAHHHHHH he used the move i wanted him to do!

WOO SPECTREEE

yesyesyseyeses!!^^
seriously though, that was some of the craziest **** i've seen. Hella (i think) said "Up B!", then he just moonwalks to the guy and hits him with it for the kill. also him hitting a falcon punch off the stage in doubles was awesome.

PHD

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, we definitely need to hear something about the tournaments. I need to play someone. Anyone wanna play soon?

SuperRad

Smash Master
I'll be up to play, but I'm also getting a job soon (just got accepted at the Boardwalk, don't know what my hours will be yet).

We need to get something happening in the Bay Area. If there was a good enough place to host it here in Santa Cruz I would try to set something up, but as far as I know theres nothing thats really meant for that kind of set up.

Anyone know a place in San Jose or SF? Maybe even just at someones house?

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
bioalp43 said:
I say all people in santa cruz/scotts valley, should smash it up somewhere, sometime!!!
I'd be down for dat, I'm only like 30-45 mins away from santa cruz, if somethin goes down definitely hit me up, I'm tired of playin Lv. 9's and **** cuz everyone round here quit (Wyte like never plays anymore...he playsoff and on).

Top Bottom