• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

mike666

Smash Apprentice
Biweekly Update

According to the chair, there are 4 TVs that we can use from other classrooms. I know for a fact there are also 3 TVs in the club room. Im not sure, but I think Kizzo used to have 10 TVs during the biweeklies, so maybe if you guys can, bring 3 more; if not im sure everything will still run smoothly.

MyKo said:
lol that last sentence just HAD to be put in there for Karthik the CARTRIDGE LOL
Yea, karthik knows there's much luv, i just had to set the record straight.

bioalp43 said:
Omg finally.....hmmmmm Kaid this is at sjsu, are u gonna be taking a bus, cause if you are then i am going to come with you lol.......super rad, how old are u lol????

and i can supply with a cube and a vcr for recording if you need it, so do you need it???
Yes, plz bring VCRs and cubes if you can - the more the better.

Place & Time

It will be in the same room as it always has been, MacQuarrie Hall, room 226.
Shedule:
<12 pm: friendlies
12 - 2 pm: teams
2 - 7 pm: singles
>7 pm: friendlies

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, who's going to be doing the brackets for this tournament? Karthik usually took care of that, but I'm sure if Scamp or Zoap go they could handle it (if Mike doesn't know how I'm not sure). Or I can if I need to.

I'm probably going to need a ride to this too if anyone can help, give me a ride and I'll team with you ;) haha

Art?

Smash Journeyman
i wish...

i wish...

i wish...

...that i could go to this biweekly (i'm gonna be in vegas, but i'm not of gambling age).

;[

Yen is Peach

Smash Apprentice
OMG! yay! i derno if i can make this one....will i be back from vietnam on time? yay im so glad sumone got sjsu biweeklies going agen! i was gonna try to do it when i start school there but this is freakin awesome! ^^

If i can go i'm gonna bring a cube

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Silly Mike. I'll beat your a*s when I get back, haha.

I nominate The Zoapster to do the brackets.

If he isn't there... the Sasquatch aka the BTZO should do it.

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
Yen is Peach said:
OMG! yay! i derno if i can make this one....will i be back from vietnam on time? yay im so glad sumone got sjsu biweeklies going agen! i was gonna try to do it when i start school there but this is freakin awesome! ^^

If i can go i'm gonna bring a cube
You went to Vietnam this year? How is it this year? I havent been in about 5 years.
Stayed at the Saigon area with my grandparents. You feel liek a reatrd when you cna barely speak Viet o.O.

On topic, I am most def coming to this. I might be able to give rides to a few people who live fairly close to me (5-10 minutes away from Santa Clara City Library)

MyKo

Smash Lord
You Probably Can Tell After IP Tracking Me.
Guys, prepare for the ultimate couch/computer user to come back again..

and coming back with a weaker Falco ^^

LET'S MM!

I'M SERIOUS, I'M A POOR ASIAN..THAT NEEDS MONEY..

i'll take a minimum of 2$ mm's..and if i lose you have to MM SPECTRE AFTER, GOT IT? CUZ HE'LL WIN MY MONEY BACK LOL!!

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Yeah, BTZO or Zoap. BTZO knows every main person in norcal and he's got quite a functioning brain not like some...people.....*looks at Karthik*...LOL JK Karthik. You did great brackets.

LOL I WANNA BE A JOEL WHEN I GROW UP. ROFLMAO.

And Mike, for the information, your schedule is already not gonna work. Why do you ask? WHY!?
Because its not enough time. Thats why. WHY is it not enough time!? Because every single tournament I went to (every biweekly), it has always started around 2/3 and ended at LEAST by 8! When it ended around 8, there was nobody there, just 20 people or so!

Ohhhhhh yeah. Anybody wanna moneymatch me? Huh!? Anybody!?

Fine if you don't wanna do normal moneymatches...lets jack up the ratio.

If you win, you get 2x as much as I can get. So if you say, "MM $2", and you beat me, you get $4. Make your offer, MM + 3x? MM + 2x? or just MM? Your choice. MONEY MATCH ME!!!!

EDIT:

Alright you can also pick my character:

Sheik/Fox/Falco/Falcon

:) anybody now?

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
Oh Mike, about the TVs, I always just take them from the nearby classrooms on the 2nd to 4th floors of the building. That's why there are always, like, 10 tvs. If they said you can only get 4 or whatever, I suggest not listening to them haha. If you do take those TVs, you'll need to make sure they get put back CORRECTLY - you can't just put them all back wherever you feel like it - they'll know haha. I write down the number on the back of the TV (ITV-666, TV-169, etc), along with the room number that it came out of (225, 432, etc.).

The brackets are on the CS club computer and you can just print them out and whatever. Hope everything goes well. I'll try and request to have Saturday off to attend. See ya G-unit.

kaid

Smash Master
LunInSpectra said:
Ohhhhhh yeah. Anybody wanna moneymatch me? Huh!? Anybody!?

Fine if you don't wanna do normal moneymatches...lets jack up the ratio.

If you win, you get 2x as much as I can get. So if you say, "MM $2", and you beat me, you get $4. Make your offer, MM + 3x? MM + 2x? or just MM? Your choice. MONEY MATCH ME!!!!

EDIT:

Alright you can also pick my character:

Sheik/Fox/Falco/Falcon

:) anybody now?
3x, your Pichu vs my M2. $2 dollar

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
LOL @ Lunin's and Karthik's posts, but yeah, I can do the brackets if I need to, I've been doing brackets for the MBT tournaments, and helping out with tournaments with all the tournaments I've been in for years (I used to run tournaments even before smash), but I've like the way Zoap does it too, if he does it that's cool, and I'd be more than happy to help out with them if I need to, like calling matches or seeding people or w/e.

I still need to get a ride for this though, I'll try to figure something out....if there's a bus or something I can take it, because I can take a bus from here to the Watsonville transit center, then I guess I'd just go from there, we'll see...

SuperRad

Smash Master

i just talked to my supervisor at work

and the only way i can get sat off (unless im lucky and got it off, but i doubt it) is if I can find someone willing to trade me shifts. which means i have to find someone to trade a weekday shift for a weekend shift.

so its about 10% ill be able to make this

i just hope they will return everyother week.

bioalp43

Smash Journeyman
lol, do you work at the boardwalk, cause if u do, u should quit lol.........a couple of my friends work at the boardwalk and they are always *****in' about how it suxs there....work at falafel of santa cruz, my dad owns that place haha

MyKo

Smash Lord
OMFG

Prodigykid wins again.

YES, break the windows open, guys stop smelling like crap..DAMIT

yes i want a faster comp, cleaner too or at least i wana use the comp room next door..WAHHHH T__T!!

but my optimism is..+3$ on fee = bigger JP..hopefully this is assumption is correct lol

SuperRad

Smash Master
bioalp43 said:
lol, do you work at the boardwalk, cause if u do, u should quit lol.........a couple of my friends work at the boardwalk and they are always *****in' about how it suxs there....work at falafel of santa cruz, my dad owns that place haha
yes i work at the boardwalk
and its ok. im working games, so 9 times out of 10 your working with someone else. it makes the time go by fast, because you can talk when you get bored.

and which one is the falafel of santa cruz? is it the one that on (or just off of) mission st?

MyKo said:
i hate boardwalk, it's re-tar-ded

unlike Kizzo's G.A....lol
i honestly hadnt been to the boardwalk in a full year before i started working there. and its not so bad.

and speaking of GA, if i ever do go, i can get passes for $26 (i think they're like $50 normally?)

HylianLord

Smash Ace
yay NCB!!!! another chance for Zhu to prove that he phails! sad..... i told my dad i wouldn't go to anymore... its funny how he's in china!! then again... he is my only ride cause my mom can't leave my sister home by herself.... GO****ITTT

~count on me to bring a cube if i get a ride!

Snap

Smash Ace
luninspectra I challenge you to a money match.

My game and watch versus your fox, best 2 out of 3, same rules as in-tourny, 5 bucks. and i guess if you're up for it, if i win, you can pay me two times 5 = 10

^_^

Yen is Peach

Smash Apprentice
ProdigyKid said:
You went to Vietnam this year? How is it this year? I havent been in about 5 years.
Stayed at the Saigon area with my grandparents. You feel liek a reatrd when you cna barely speak Viet o.O.

On topic, I am most def coming to this. I might be able to give rides to a few people who live fairly close to me (5-10 minutes away from Santa Clara City Library)
I'm staying in Saigon too. It's hella hot over here man. Like HELLA HOT. I wanted to go back to the US day one. >.< hahah too bad for u...u can barely speak viet...

anyhow...If i can make this one lets hab some friendlies khay? ok! :) i um...don't know what you look like tho hahaha....

Miharu

Smash Hero
HylianLord said:
yay NCB!!!! another chance for Zhu to prove that he phails! sad..... i told my dad i wouldn't go to anymore... its funny how he's in china!! then again... he is my only ride cause my mom can't leave my sister home by herself.... GO****ITTT

~count on me to bring a cube if i get a ride!
Ha.

Bike to my house again.

MyKo

Smash Lord
lol i guess i'll attend this on behalf of my bday on the 17th.

age n/a.

if i don't come..you guys are all lucky to have the couch and comp..

BUT..i'd nominate the couch/comp to..

TANG/Spectre/NECK/Yen/Vega/ProdigyKid/KAWNDOM/JOELTORB LPOO
PL

O
O

O
O
L
P
P
OL
O
!

JOELECTRODE! LOL!!!!

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
MyKo said:
it's been a while, Yen.

let's play! and bring back some yen too LOL ^^

hope you had a great time in Vietnam, a good summer in general. cya soon at a NCB nearest you.
Silly Myko, Vietnamese don't have yen! Wait, they have ONE Yen right now. Hahahaha.

I can imagine hearing "Maaaa Vietnam nom wa choiiii! Em muong di ve bi yuhhhh and di choi Smash Bros with may con bang co toui" Hahahaha I totally cant write Viet. I kinda bs it :chuckle: Oh yeah them mosquitoes are brutal, aren't they? Especially on the American meat O.O

I'll let you know hwo to find me at the place Yen. I just need an idea how.

sidefx

Smash Champion
hey lunin, 2$ mm with my ic's vs your sheik/fox/falco/falcon

4 mm's =D or you can do 1 dollar each if you want, its up to you.. i dont want to take ALL your money.. i know you youre afraid of my ic's but whats there to be afraid of i suck.

bioalp43

Smash Journeyman
SuperRad said:
yes i work at the boardwalk
and its ok. im working games, so 9 times out of 10 your working with someone else. it makes the time go by fast, because you can talk when you get bored.

and which one is the falafel of santa cruz? is it the one that on (or just off of) mission st?
yeah, the one on mission street lol

Top Bottom