• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

bioalp43

Smash Journeyman
HyugaRicdeau said:
Noobs. All of you.

Class of 2000.

And it's looking more and more like I'll be going back to UCSC next year; if I do there will be much smash to be had at my place.
sweet, i nominate you for holding smashfests in ucsc.....even though im 15(fine im 14), i think santa cruz county needs some competition

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
HyugaRicdeau said:
And it's looking more and more like I'll be going back to UCSC next year; if I do there will be much smash to be had at my place.
Yeah, hurry up and get back here Sheridan, I need to play some smash. I found out which bus can get me up there too, so it's coo.

We really need a smashfest before Anaheim though, I wanna play all the reps from Norcal.

HyugaRicdeau said:
Noobs. All of you.

Class of 2000.
Haha nope, we all know 'sall bout class of '08, f*ck the rest...haha

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
kaid said:
Shadow... I remember you from that non-MGL tourny they had up at UCSC.

I was the M2 in the practice round.
Oh yeah I remember you now, ur M2 was pretty good, I didn't stay for the tourny though, I just know my friend Glenn (The Game II) was there for it. That's where I met Jeff (Hiryusouljah) too.

meep FTA

Smash Journeyman
chok man. watsup with the crew battle. its Meep from the modesto tourney. whenever u wanna have one just let me know. we had some good matches at that tourney tho. but yeah tell me or JR (KFC) when u wanna have it. alrite man. Meep out. FTA

Afro Justin

Smash Journeyman
heh... it's all about the pikachu!

oh yeah... i played meep at the tourney in friendlies. I luigi dittoed him and won. I'm not sure how much of it was luck, but i was victorious regardless.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Everyone should know, friendlies shouldn't ever be counted in competitive play. Playing a friendly is like playing an item match free for all, with coins, for 2 minutes. Its fun, and most of the time, people will sandbag (We know who we are).

Justin this is not direct just towards you, hahaahhahaha.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
LunInSpectra said:
Everyone should know, friendlies shouldn't ever be counted in competitive play. Playing a friendly is like playing an item match free for all, with coins, for 2 minutes. Its fun, and most of the time, people will sandbag (We know who we are).

Justin this is not direct just towards you, hahaahhahaha.
Haha yeah forrealz, I don't really care bout friendlies, I just play and if I lose w/e...haha, unless they are really good, or giving me a good match, then I'll turn it up.

Oh and so is anyone going to have a smashfest/tourny anytime soon somewhere? I'll make sure to get a ride, as long as I know like a week ahead of time.

bioalp43

Smash Journeyman
kaid said:
Pichu and M2 are my specialties... yes, I'm a tier *****.
lol i played this guys pichu and m2 today.......best pichu and m2 i've ever seen lol, in one stock his pichu went up to 196% Too bad he had to go somewhere because it was father's day lol.....i forgot that even and my dad still doesnt know haha

SNKE

Smash Journeyman
I just have to wait for a few more weeks...then I'll be making a NorCal roadtrip...sorta...

Basically, I'll visit alot of the norcal smashers (possibly with x_cal) and smash with them for awhile

First up - Blue Pheonixes , as I'v promised them I'd come by for a while now...

anyone esle interested? I might make a thread about this later on....

darkatma

Smash Hero
Man..does anyone still live in Berkeley that i can go play on a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday? I'm freakn bored after my ATDP Bio class, AND i need to play some people other than karthik n his crew -_-

PHD

Smash Apprentice
darkatma said:
Man..does anyone still live in Berkeley that i can go play on a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday? I'm freakn bored after my ATDP Bio class, AND i need to play some people other than karthik n his crew -_-
I'm in Oakland right now if u wanna play. Only a BART ride away.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Fremont = "Karthik & Friends"
SF = "SF Asians"
Concord = "DBR"
Antioch = "Blue Phoenixes"

...Notice all the big guys are near Bart stations? Lets do it SNIKE, BART TRIP AROUND NORCAL WITH:

Lunin
Snike

Anybody Else wanna do it with us? We'll be playing SF People, DBR, BP, AND Fremont. ...crazy...like....10 smashers on the same Bart Train.

-------------------------------

UPDATE

-------------------------------

We just found personal driving service, we can go around NorCal & Smash with EVERYONE, Not just BART, thanks to Afro-Justin's Taxi-Service, AJTS.

We are only taking 8 people to smash with us right now, if more people can drive, more people can come. Spots

LunIn
Snike
Afro-Justin
5 more spots available.

(The date of this trip has not been decided yet)

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Well i would like to join you guys but i dont know where it is so could someone tell me and i could go, also the date when you recieve it plz.

bioalp43

Smash Journeyman
hmmmm, lol i think karthik should just post that the biweeklies are not going on anymore because he is in India or something.

P.S. I want a t-shirt from India

SNKE

Smash Journeyman
MyKo said:
you know Fawad, everytime i see the Snake icon..i think that that's the "American" MARTH..LOL..actually..more like "Military Marth"

..as for the regular marth...it's just Japanese of course.

LOLOL at first I had no idea what you meant...but yeah hahaha, if you compare Snake like that...you can basically say that that's how Marth would be if he was a man (it's funny how I dis marth and he's one of my mains lol)

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
Yeah sorry about that guys. I've been..... working.

I haven't had enough time to see about hosting tournaments, but I will sometime soon. Work sucks, but unlike the tournaments, it pays me money haha.

Speaking of which - the former President of the Computer Science club is offering to host tournaments during the summer! The one catch is, is that the price will increase to, like, $10 for singles if he does it. because he wants to get paid for it haha. Post if you're interested. I personally don't like making people pay too much for the tournaments, simply because I already feel "paid" when I see you all happy, and playing the same game that I love to play. But yeah, just post if you're interested. His name is Mike, and he's played in a few of the tournaments before. Hai!

---------------------------------

Today is my day off, and that is the only reason why I'm posting haha. I have no internet at home, so until the next day off, you probably won't hear from me. And also, maybe on my next day off [which will probably be this Sunday], I'll host a smashfest at the clubroom. Post what you think [although I may not read it 'til Sunday hahahaa]

LOLO
L
O
LOL

L
O
L
OL!~

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
ProdigyKid said:
Ohhh!!! The double digit price hurts!! Since I make money I'd probaby be down for them. Depends how much he takes for himself (not that I'd win anyways)
Oh I think he wants $5 for every person, so that's why it's, like, $5 more from the origional price. Hai!

sidefx

Smash Champion
thats dumb.. we pay someone half the pot to throw the tourny for us? why not just take like 2 dollars out of it, or maybe even 1. if 50 people show up, thats 50 bucks right there. taking 5 though? thats just dumb. atleast 250 for himself.. no way

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
sidefx said:
thats dumb.. we pay someone half the pot to throw the tourny for us? why not just take like 2 dollars out of it, or maybe even 1. if 50 people show up, thats 50 bucks right there. taking 5 though? thats just dumb. atleast 250 for himself.. no way

Yeah taking 5 is just too much. I'd be fine w/ 2, maybe even 3

EDIT: Oops double post! GOMEN NASAI!!!!

Art?

Smash Journeyman
kizzo, you should really consider hosting a tourney/smashfest in the club room during the day(s) that the socal road trippers (ken, chu, etc) are gonna be in town. check the socal road trip thread for the dates. it'd be great if norcal gets the honor of playing smashers of such god-like caliber.

Top Bottom