• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Zoap said:
danny if my bro doesnt go again you and kawn could team? just a thought
That sounds cool with me, I'd say it all depends on who asks, cuz I'd feel safer knowing that I have a partner, instead of finding out kind of last minute if you know what I mean. As of right now though, yeah, that sounds cool, but if anyone else is interested hit me up on aim or something....it's obviously ShadowBTZO.

sidefx

Smash Champion
mmm tapioca express chicken rocks. q-cup chicken is good.. but it cant compare to tapioca express.

and plus tapioca's drinks are 894023948023948 times better.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
TO GERM:
listen i respect that you look out for one of your own. i do not have any problem with you at all either, and i hope it to stay that way. all i ask is a lil respect from mike. and no it wasnt JUST him (telling not asking) me to get up. it had been multiple comments he makes to me at past events and its the way he says them with an attitude. A simple "no we gotta get a match done" woulda been fine, but he was like "No get the hell up. ur at 4 stock". also at NCT, for example he aproaches me and says "i gotta confession. i stepped in the dog****". i ask him if he was serious and like a lil smartass says "PFFT NO" gives me this look and walks away. not exaclty a direct insult but its his attitude towards me. also iv heard him say my name while ina match like he was saying something. i turn towards him asking if someone mentioned me. again snobby "NO" and the same look. he borderlines on directly conflicting with me. i usually let it slide but not multiple times. i wouldnt think you to be a poser or whatever but i DO stand my ground on what i said. im not threatening him and so long as nothing further is said or done, were good. just tell him not to push my buttons anymore or their will be conflict. i hope you dont have to get in the middle of that for it is his own business. im A pretty nice and peaceful but but im not gonna be a pushover is all im saying. i hope in spite of me and mikes differences were still kewl assuming nothing further goes wrong.

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
Somebody's a little overreactive at Miguel making a few jokes...that's his sense of humor, that's why hes Mike Nasty. Deal with it.

Who gets up all pissed off because he has to get off the TV for a tournament match?

And besides...how the HELL did he get "THIS close to being decked" for saying that he stepped in dog ****? Hahahaha, get a sense of humor dude. It's called sarcasm, he's not directly, OR indirectly insulting you.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
zel its not what he is saying it is how he is saying it. i can take a joke believe me. there were more small comments. one comment is fine. two ok whatever. but i just remember that at NCT he kept doing it over and over. btw most people laugh after a joke...especialy if its with someone they dont really know, to imply its just a joke. it wasnt that kinda joke. he was tryin to get a rise outa me and it worked. all is good so long as it stops now. and btw becauses "he is how he is" is not an excuse for being rude. i wont tolerate it AT ALL, unless ur my personal friend

Nu-Neo

Smash Rookie
To Everyone...

I understand that there are going to be misunderstandings between people. Not everyone is going to get along and one persons sense of humor might be the equivelant of anothers definition of being an *******. We are a community and every community has its mix ups. Im sure Mike was just joking about the dog **** and Im equally sure that he was in the right for kicking someone off a tv when he had a tournament match schedualled. I wasnt there so I cant say anything else other than i think everyone involved needs to step back and just let it slide. As for Zel and Germ I dont think Skeet was serious about his statment but I also know him personally and have now for quite some time. I know him enough to realize that if you push his buttons hes gonna hand it out. I WAS present for the **** on the carpet, as I was, and am still, employed at the hotel the tournament was held at. I dont know whom did it and I dont care cause its in the past. What I DO care about is someone putting salt on the wound by cracking sarcastic jokes about it. I had to get on my hands a knees to clean that prank up and the last thing I need to hear is someone giving **** to Skeet about having done it and making a joke out of the situation. To Zel and GERM: I like you guys a lot. I tell you that at every tournament. I agree that Skeet may have been a little exagerative (think I spelt that right) when he said he would deck Mike but I also think that Mikes sense of humor is pretty ****ed up and is pretty uncalled for. Im not gonna ask for an appology. All Im gonna ask is that you ask Mike to please stay away from Skeet and I will ask Skeet to do the same since im pretty sure he would rather it that way anyway. Like I said, we are a community and the minute we start wars over two peoples clashing personalities is the minute we lose our sense of sportsmanship (i guess you would call it) amongst eachother. So for everyones sake lets all cool down and just agree to give eachother distance...

Nu Neo :chuckle:

Miharu

Smash Hero
Just a question:

Will the biweeklies be hosted during the summer?

I can't make any of the upcoming ones due to testing and crap like that.

Alam

Smash Apprentice
hello guys. i am fairly new to smash been playing for about 3/4 months and i think i will be coming to the april 1st tourny. it should be fun. c u all there.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Alam said:
hello guys. i am fairly new to smash been playing for about 3/4 months and i think i will be coming to the april 1st tourny. it should be fun. c u all there.
Welcome to the community, Alam. I wish you good luck at the tourney.

The Game II

Smash Champion
I'm starting to upload the videos now. Sorry for the delay; I had a lot of stuff from work yesterday, and I got my book last night, so I haven't been able to think straight.

Also, because I got my book, I won't be at the 4/1 biweekly because I'm going to celebrate with family.

--GCII

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
Ok, Mike Nasty is banned from the tournaments until further notice. ClodZero is also banned for the same reason. Please don't try to come to the tournament anyways, because I will call UPD [University Police Department] to come and handle the situation. Thank you.

IRISH

Smash Rookie
Kizzo...bro, you cant just do that man, you should at least give them a warning or something bro, its just a few scratches on the ground or the floor...easily fixable, just make them rub out the scratches or like I said before, just give them a warning bro. Seriously, thats hella gay.

The King

Smash Ace
...Are the vids close to being on their way? Just wondering, since it seems one was posted a couple nights ago, and then it looks like Filefront has gone down since. If thats the issue, they can of course be uploaded to yousendit.com which'll allow DL speeds of up to like, 4000 KB/s. Please give us an update, if possible =) Thanks very much Glenn.

King Out

smashmaster0

Smash Apprentice
ye kizzo just give them a warning man i dont think you have to go that far. if you want i'll fuking clean that **** up, hopefully it will come out, its no big deal to me.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
That stuff is pretty perminent I think. I mean, the floor ITSELF is scratched - it's like taking a knife to a piece of wood... you can't just "rub" that over. But of course, I'm no expert - it might be easy to clean and get rid of... but it might now.

The Game II

Smash Champion
Yeah, for some reason on Thursday, I could only upload that Mike match. And today, I had to deal with breaking news at work, so I couldn't try to do anything, and I had no idea that filefront was down. About 40 percent of the matches are on my computer.

If filefront is available on Sunday, I will try then. If not, then I'll do yousendit. Nothing tomorrow (Saturday) because I'm celebrating the arrival my book by having a barbecue.

--GCII

The King

Smash Ace
Glenn....Pleasssssse start with the singles matches, and work your way from the Finals on Down, please. I'm honestly speaking for many, many people when i say that we're hoping that due to the delay of the release of the matches (no offense at all, we understand that sometimes stuff comes up and people have plans), that we can get the finals matches out of the way, and uploaded first. =) please?

King Out

The GERM

Smash Ace
omfg, I officially ban myself due to Kizzo being completely gay. The back of the chair was made of plastic man, don't say dumb sh** like, "it's like taking a knife to a piece of wood", that is quite the exaggeration there. It's not like someone set the fu**ing couch on fire or some sh**. They didn't even know it left a mark, and I'm sure they would've cleaned it if told they left a mark. I'm sure nobody's trying to purposely disrespect you. The point is, you're being unreasonable and gay, and made a mark on a floor by a plastic chair seem like some kind of murder. I've hosted a lot of smashfests at my house in the past, and I've had tears on my leather couch, countless drinks and food spilled on my new carpet, my toilet clogged with stranger's sh**, and you don't see me getting all butt hurt about it, and I've never banned one person. I would've said the same sh** if it was anyone else, I'm not only saying this because it's my brother and my crewmate, this is simply the dumbest sh** I've ever heard, kuddos.

SNKE

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I understand the situation a bit more now, and I'm going to have to say that this should just be a warning, no need to be so drastic to completely ban them. I know I said that kizzo should ban whoever did it, but knowing that it was just a plastic chair... I highly doubt the damages are heart wrenching. I also know that both Clodio and Miguel had no intention of disrespecting you, Kizzo. After all, you're the reason these Bi-weeklies are possible in the first place, and I believe no one would want to have their privilege of attending these stripped from them for some misunderstanding.

Btw, in no way am I trying to side against you kizzo, but I'm just saying in order to keep the community as brotherly/sisterly as humanly possible, you should have some leniency for something this trivial. Just having the scare of being banned should be enough of a punishment...

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
I think its pretty funny that people are talking about and discussing what they haven't even seen. Also, I can understand banning the person who did it, if it was so incredibly severe that the school isn't letting you host them anymore. But, since they obviously aren't telling you that you can't do this anymore, it can't be that big of a deal. You make it seem like a battle went down or something, like stuff was carved all over everything. Anyway, Mike Nasty doesn't come to many of these, cause he can't. But Clod? He comes to almost all of them. Also, you said you didn't see it yourself, and neither did I, but how can you be so sure it was Mike Nasty? He isn't the kind of person to just wreck someone else's property, nobody said anything about Clod doing it either, so why ban him as well? Unless there were like, security cameras and stuff, and you have a tape of it happening, no one should be banned. Warned, sure, but not banned, not even if you have a tape.

The Game II

Smash Champion
The King said:
Glenn....Pleasssssse start with the singles matches, and work your way from the Finals on Down, please. I'm honestly speaking for many, many people when i say that we're hoping that due to the delay of the release of the matches (no offense at all, we understand that sometimes stuff comes up and people have plans), that we can get the finals matches out of the way, and uploaded first. =) please?

King Out
I tried putting up both final rounds, but those were the files that wouldn't go through. And since I still don't have a list for the teams on one of the tapes, I'm going to hold off until I get that list. I don't want 7 files of Random Scrub Team.

--GCII

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
Let me just say straight up that hey, maybe I AM going too far as to ban them, as opposed to giving them a harsh warning. So firstly - it's a warning Clod and Mike Nasty.

Zelgadis said something about "how do you even know they did it?". There were eye-witnesses, so there's no arguement about that. And no, SJSU [I think] doesn't have video cameras.

-----------------

"made a mark on a floor by a plastic chair seem like some kind of murder"
It's just a matter of resposibility on MY part, and how I'M resposible if anything goes wrong. And you all also have to remember that this is a school, and not my house or something. As being an officer of the CS Club and being a student, I could be in a lot of trouble if something bad happens. I'm worried about myself - not any of you - when something like that happens. That's why I'm so worried about it.

And you all seem to misunderstand the damages. Let me just say that at the next biweekly - the scratches will still be there. I don't know if the janitors or whoever can even get rid of it. And maybe I should stop even using the word "scratch" because you can't simply "rub" those out. I tried last night, and not a budge. You guys can try and clean it if you want to haha.

"I'm sure nobody's trying to purposely disrespect you". It's just disrespectful when you're not thinking about the host and scraping the floor at an event that I'm hosting.

OH! It's also VERY disrespectful when no has appoligized for it yet! DBR is apoligizing for them and crap. This all happened about a week ago and I posted about the issue maybe (a week - 1 day) ago, and I still haven't heard anything from them at all. Maybe they don't go on the boards, but say something! god. Whatever.

----------

So maybe I was overreacting, because it could have been worse. I told my advisor about the floor and he said that if anything happens with the "higher ups", he'll be on my side about it [and to bring in Clod and Miguel].

But it's a warning for now. Don't do it again.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Good, thanks Kizzo.

It would be wonderful for those people to step it up and pay the charges (if they are even made). Herman, please don't ban yourself from these biweeklies. That's just stupid. We're all being stupid. Let's just forget about this and have some fun. And Claudio/Miguel, it's just a warning, please keep showing up.

It'd really wouldn't be much of a biweekly without everyone there.

Let's not start hating ourselves. See you all on the 1st.

Sky Hazuki

Smash Apprentice
Zelgadis And King, Read This

Lol, nice attention grabber eh? Well anyway, Die Super Fly said that he was going to stay in my room, and that you guys are comming with him. sooo... I guess that means that your staying with us? I just need to know if you are staying with me, like, ASAP. Thanks.

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for understanding Kizzo, and I apologize for the ******** actions of whoever did it.

Sky, yeah, we're probably going with DSF, and can we please stay with you? Also we were planning on going to MLG NY, New York. You said something about MLG NJ, so please clear up where the hotel is and what dates and stuff? Thanks.

Sky Hazuki

Smash Apprentice
Zelgadîs ™ said:
Thanks for understanding Kizzo, and I apologize for the ******** actions of whoever did it.

Sky, yeah, we're probably going with DSF, and can we please stay with you? Also we were planning on going to MLG NY, New York. You said something about MLG NJ, so please clear up where the hotel is and what dates and stuff? Thanks.
Ya ya, Thats fine. And yep, im going to MLG NY. Its just technically in NJ. XD So we are going to the same one, the one on April 21-23? Ok, good.

We have quite a few people in our room. here they are. ((Note this list is decided on who gave their request to me first.))

Die Super fly

HugS

Straight

Ray((?))

Zel

King

Our room has 2 double beds and a chair. Me and my mom will take one. Die super fly gets the other. He gets to pick who will share it with him. Now obviously, some of us will have to sleep on the floor. But It shouldn't matter much because wee will smash so hard, that we will pass out! XD.

Things to Bring:

Blanket
Pillow
Controler
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Clothes
DS((If you got em. :p ))

But I don't Think I need to tell you what to bring. :) But we are only paying for the room. Bring money for food and everything else you might need.

I need your cell numbers, So I can keep in contact. You can send it to me AIM or PM it to me.

There is one catch tho. You have to help me get better so I hopefully make top 16, Even though It probally wont happen. :(

PS: My mom will be wearing Ear plugs, And she isn Nazi, so It will be like she isnt even there.

SultanOfSamitude

Smash Journeyman
The GERM said:
I've hosted a lot of smashfests at my house in the past, and I've had tears on my leather couch, countless drinks and food spilled on my new carpet, my toilet clogged with stranger's sh**, and you don't see me getting all butt hurt about it, and I've never banned one person.

remember that time we broke that glass table? if that happened at the biweekly then someone woulda got shot.

this is all of you :cry:

im taking money matches here so whoever wants to make some donations, im taking them.

nekurbis, ill accept your money match. but dont act like you were there in the old days. back when i had to learn to play the game on my own, not watch someone else play well and then copy their ****.

The Game II

Smash Champion
The finals are being put up now through yousendit. And I still haven't found a way to bring the size down. The second finals is something like 220something and the first finals is 110something, and windows movie maker still won't cooperate. I'm going to keep trying, but thought I just warn you all now before I see the human rain coming.

I'll edit this post when they're up.

--GCII

Second finals is up.

SNKE

Smash Journeyman
I have an idea

Since Glenn doesn't show up to too many of these (including the next one) and he has difficulty with encoding the matches, how about I put up the matches from now on?

I have a capture device available, but what I don't have is a VCR in my room, and I can't borrow my parents since our TV is run through it (DishNetwork, go figure).

So what I was thinking , at the next biweekly, there should be a $1 donation towards a VCR so I can encode the matches quickly and efficiently. With just that, I give you the guarantee that the matches will be up in no time. Just a dollar from everyone there should be enough to buy a VCR so I can get these things up and running. Unless there's a VCR there that I can borrow for a while...

Top Bottom