• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

The Game II

Smash Champion
I'll know by Friday whether I'll be able to go to this.

And if I go, here's how the videos will work since people were crying last time.

I'm still going to record as many matches as possible, including the important ones toward the end. Remember, be like Bluu and tell me your name as I record your match. Don't disappear, or face the wrath of Random Scrub. If you want your match recorded, let me know when I get there. I'm also going to try to bring my VCR, so more matches can get recorded.

Now, I will have the videos up online starting Monday as usual. HOWEVER, if you want smaller (but crappier) files, you'll have to wait until the next tournament I attend, to which you'll get smaller (but crappier) files. Those smaller (but crappier) files will be available on a CD and I'll just pass them out on a first-come, first-served basis. When I've finished making copies (about 30), I'll destroy those smaller (but crappier) files on my computer, and the only way you'd get footage from that point is downloading the matches through filefront.

It's more than likely that the next tournament I'm attending following this is Champ Combo (4/8), but I'll make sure to announce that and remind people that the CDs will be available.

And I'll give out the CDs the same way I did with DDR tournament footage; BE THERE to get one, I'm not saving you a copy for later, one per person (none of this oh my imaginary g/f wants one too, but she isn't here), I'm not mailing them out.

I'll try to have about 30 copies available, since people down there will probably want one. If there are extras, then I'll bring them to the next tourney, but I won't make any more.

--GCII

Sm00th_Crim1nal

Smash Ace
ShadowBTZO said:
Yeah, me and SonicWYTE still want to play you, he'll probably want to money match you too...me....maybe if I have any money.

Smooth Criminal: Maybe, ask me at the tournament, I'll be there pretty early, so hit me up then, I've gotten alot of requests already, so anyone who wants to ask me here, at the tournament, or even on aim if you want
No it's ok then I'll just hit up teams with my homey IP. :chuckle:

The King

Smash Ace
This is directed more towards Glenn: As much as everybody who attends these biweeklies appreciates the matches being recorded and uploaded, I think I speak for everyone when I say that hopefully, we get the matches recorded on VCR rather than the camcorder. The quality is much, much higher, and (of course, by no fault of your own), it completely eliminates that black bar that covers half the screen sometimes.

I will be bringing my VCR as well, and hopefully, Zel can bring his as well, so we can have a couple of them recording the important matches, and can just set aside a couple TV's for the important matches to be played at. If you'd like, we can give you the tapes afterwards, or I can help with the encoding/uploading of the matches recorded from my VCR.

Hopefully we can get these all recorded via direct feed into the vcr, and eliminate the matches being partially unviewable. Hopefully see you there, and lemme know what u think.

King Out

The Game II

Smash Champion
I don't have an encoder that can do VCR -> Computer. I'd just have that footage, play it back and use my camera to record it again (which seems to eliminate the black bar) and go from there. Basically, a VCR means more matches recorded.

I don't want to buy one right now because I'm saving the money for a tournament I'm going to next month in Colorado. I'll fish for something inexpensive tomorrow at Frys or something, but if it's out of my range, no go.

For those bringing VCRs, don't worry about bringing tapes; I will provide such.

Also, there's one silver TV there that IMO has better quality than the rest. I think it's in the left corner (forgot what brand, maybe Panasonic). I can point it out if I go on Saturday. Please move that TV to another part of the room to where that can be the main TV.

--GCII

The King

Smash Ace
That'd be fine then, Glenn. I have a VHS->computer encoder, and could finish separating and encoding the matches before Monday. If you bring your VCR, I can just take the tapes with me afterwards, and get them up and running before the weekend's over. It'll be no problem.

Also...does anyone....anyone at all.....feel like $MMing me.....I haven't had a real $MM in ages.... =-(

King Out

The Game II

Smash Champion
I'll mm you if it's MKDS. :/ The guy who played just one race with me last time...you can't just race ONCE in mkds, boring, has to be like 6 or 7 times.

--GCII

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
The King said:
Also...does anyone....anyone at all.....feel like $MMing me.....I haven't had a real $MM in ages.... =-(
What, to you, is a "real" MM? I probably will go to $5 for you, but I really don't have much experience at all in terms of Jigglies. I'll go $1 for you.

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
Hella said:
No prob, zivi-mah-man.

Thanks y'all for the comments on my banner.

Just to let y'all know, I'm going to start doing smash art like this for some cashola.

So if you want anything done and you gots some dough to spare, PM as quickly as possible to get your spot on the waiting list.

And also, I'll try to remember to bring mah tekken 5 to this next bi-weekly.

Offer still stands on tekken money matches...

My Kuma and Anna are thirsty for blood.
If I show up i'll gladly Tekken 5 MM you =)

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
LunInSpectra said:
Take some names? Alrighty then, Smooth..lets moneymatch...$5?
The King said:
That'd be fine then, Glenn. I have a VHS->computer encoder, and could finish separating and encoding the matches before Monday. If you bring your VCR, I can just take the tapes with me afterwards, and get them up and running before the weekend's over. It'll be no problem.

King Out
Hey you two, I'll MM for $2 ^^ do you accept?

YES i can't believe i can make it to this one only thing that i dont think i can make teams and cant leave way late either x_X but all good!!!!!

i will see about bringing VCR maybe or SOMETHING i dunno but I had planned to make my Sheik combo vid/highlights/consequtive attacks soo yeah and seeing that latley i've been wayy busy and dad wont let me outta the house that much i want to see if I can get atleast most of the footage in on one day so yah =)

hey DSF maybe $1 MM just a quickie or something =P

The Game II

Smash Champion
If everyone's bringing VCRs, then I might skip out on watching teams and go play DDR. And then I'll come back to monitor the tapes during singles or whatever. :/

--GCII

Sky Hazuki

Smash Apprentice
The Game II said:
If everyone's bringing VCRs, then I might skip out on watching teams and go play DDR. And then I'll come back to monitor the tapes during singles or whatever. :/

--GCII
Oh! I would like to come. Im working on getting an A on Max 300... but I cant get Maxx Unlimited down. I wanna see you do these things. ^__^

SNKE

Smash Journeyman
Yay, I have a ride now...I hope

If I go, I'd like to play Sam in a few falco dittos
and of course GERM, its a tradition.

Edit: DSF $1 MM falco ditto?

The Game II

Smash Champion
If you're going to Champ Combo on the 8th, let me know. Actually, I probably want to talk to Zoap and Teamscape about a project I want to start.

--GCII

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Let's get these money matches going.

SS/Rey ($10:$2)
Boback ($5)
Sky ($5)
Rey ($3:$1)
WYTE ($3)
Nuno ($2)
Falcomist ($1)
DSF ($1)
King ($.25)

Anyone else?

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
hey i was supposed to go to disney land this weekend but it got canceled due to rain and thunder and what not :( but on the good news i may be able to make it to this, assuming nu-nu-neo is willing to go. is there any kind of pre-registration requirement for this cause i thought i read somethin bout that for the last biweekly. if so prereg me and nu-neo just in case.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
SuperSkeetBro said:
hey i was supposed to go to disney land this weekend but it got canceled due to rain and thunder and what not :( but on the good news i may be able to make it to this, assuming nu-nu-neo is willing to go. is there any kind of pre-registration requirement for this cause i thought i read somethin bout that for the last biweekly. if so prereg me and nu-neo just in case.
I'll get you down for preregistrations.

Zoap said:
karthik 5$? My Peach vs Ur Sheik or jiggz best 2/3
Peter, I'll moneymatch you. Not that much though, we'll talk.

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
KING i hope u saw my post on the other page but AGAIN: MM $2 dO YOU ACcEPt?

i kNOW u wANt mY moNEy...COMe ANd gET it ;)

will be arriveing around 1 i guess =pPpPpP

ophoOhHh mAN i hope my dad will let me jack his vcr loplop i didn't even aSk A:ISHFVaSHVFjasl

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
ALL OF DBR IS COMING. All of us. Every last one.

The thing is, I have work at 11 tomorrow night, and Alex has to be back at the bus station by 11:30 tomorrow night as well, so please, Lets make this start early, and end asap? It'd be greatly appreciated. Hopefully we can start things early from now on instead of like 2 pm.

The GERM

Smash Ace
I second what Zelgadis said, I'm getting drunk tomorrow soooooo, the sooner I'm ****faced the better........

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yo DJkarth money match. This could get big, yo.

4 stock match, 25 cents for each stock left. PLay until someone is broke of we stop. Yeeeeeeeeah!

thefusion

Smash Ace
I'm totally geekin out that all of you will be there.

I'm gonna try and experiment with some more characters tomorrow to try and get a little better.

Anyone want to random only money match for $1?

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
ok so ummmmm nu-neo works tomorrow but my parents MIGHT be able to gimme a ride to bart. if i take bart is there anyone who could pick me up from bart. unless of course its really close and i could walk. or if someone is passing thru or near tracy could i hitch a ride. i might even get my parents to drop me off somewhere in between but they wont go all the way down there. anyways anybody who is kewl with that could u gimme ur phone number. if u dont wanna post it here just email it to me at boug_13@yahoo.com. but make sure u post in this thread u gave me the email. karthik could i need ur number too in case i get lost or have questions. thanx man. cya tomorrow hopefully

sidefx

Smash Champion
fremont bart is no where near san jose state =\ so walking there wouldnt be an option.. last resort would to bus it to literail, and the take literail to downtown san jose, which drops you off right next to san jose state.

Hella

Smash Apprentice
To anyone that wants to play Tekken:

Bring your controller, all I have is one right now, for some reason.

So yeah, hope someone gets this message in time, yo.

Hahahahaha! See y'all there!

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
DSF's bus got ****ed up and is running late, but he probably just left later than he said he would, so he'll get at the oakland greyhound station at 11 am. We're picking him up there, so please don't start without us, I know I asked for it to start sooner than usual, but hopefully starting at 12 isnt too bad.

Register me and Alex for teams. And me and him for singles. We'll pay when we get there. Ok, see ya.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
yo zelgadis you pass thru freemont or dublin? u think i could hitch a ride with you guys if u still have any room. i could even go to the oakland bart since ur pickin up dsf from there. if not oh well thanx anyways. ANYONE ELSE FROM FREEMONT WANNA GIMME A RIDE! PLEEEEEEAAASE!

Sky Hazuki

Smash Apprentice
Haha! That was a great tourney! Even though I did worse than I ever did... But what ever, it was still fun, and it was great because I learned alot of new things from all of you. Now time for teh Shout outs!

Yen_Is_Peach: Just because you beat me once, dosen't mean that you can beat me again! Next time, we will have an ultimate tourney, between me and you! Items and no Items! :) Marth > Peach! ^__^

Hella/Nick: Yeah, well next time you can't give her tips after each game, because thats cheating! And we have to play next time, So, watch out! XD

Germ: I hate you for going easy, and sitll beating me, and saying that you weren't going easy but afterward I asked yen if you were going easy, and she was like, "Hella easy." So, Yeah, I'm mad at you, and next time, you can't go easy! :)

Silent Spectre: Your falcon is too good, Stop going to tourneys, and beating me. T__T Good game, I hope you were going hard the whole time, don't take to the example of Germ. :)

Zelgadis: I sill think that you hate me, so thats why I didn't ask you to play me. = /

Black guy who uses MIND GAMES: That was a hella good match dude! Next time, Ill show you some more of my mind games, eh? Looking foward to it.

King: You are added to my hero list. :) Thanks for playing me, It was really fun. And Stuff. But I still think that you were going easy... = / Tell me the truth! Anyway, I hope that we can play again some time, probally at the next Bi weekly. See you then!

Kizzo: I BEAT YOU, I BEAT YOU! I BEAT YOU! I BEAT YOU! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA Your Y.Link SUCKS! IN YOUR FACE! YOU N00B! AH HAHAHA! Love you! <3

DJKarthik: Stop stealing my money, Go away. XD Anyway, At the next Bi weekly, we need to MM again, but I don't want to make it guartenteed untill next week. ; ]

Lunin: Your a jerk, And I hate you too. :) Because you are not supposed to bulid my self Esteem, then shoot it down by killing me because you have to leave. :( Then, letting me beat you, isn't going to help me, except that I can say I BEAT YOU! HAHA! Just kidding, See you next tourney bud. PS: Thanks

The Game II: It didn't seem that you wanted me to play MKDS with you, or DDR, So... I'll remember not to ask you next time. -_-

Anyone else who I missed: Hey. :)

Thanks for the fun time, I hope to see all of you at the next bi weekly!~~

-Sky Hazuki-

The Game II

Smash Champion
I'll try to get the finals up by Monday. But it could be Wednesday before a lot of videos start getting online.

And IF I HEAR ONE MORE COMPLAINT, I will seek your place of rest, work and entertainment. About 50-60 Matches got recorded so please, BE PATIENT and don't ask if yours got recorded.

--GCII

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
Lame schedule prevented me from going to the tournament. So lame. I was looking forward to playing Smash People at my game ( Tekken ) hehe,such a lame reason. Seeing all of DBR would have been cool also.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
Lunin has the brackets so I can't do rankings yet, but will as soon as I can.

----------

Someone did something that I won't forgive to the hallway floor yesturday at the tourney. Someone used the back of a chair to "snowboard" in the hallway with it, leaving very noticeable scratches on the floor. I don't know if those will be perminent, and if they are, that would be very bad. If someone (an official of some kind) comes up to me and asks if I know anything about it, I'll tell them what happened. I have an eye-witness who says it was the guy in the white hat (ie, Mike Nasty), and I very much believe him. I know I'm not sure it was Mike Nasty, but if it ever comes down to me being charged for the damage, or if questions arise, his name will definately be mentioned.

I'll ban you for sh*t like this - don't f*cking bother me and don't steal/harm my stuff, or SJSU's stuff. I wake up every other Saturday at 7 to get to SJSU by 8:30 and spend the next 1 or 2 hours setting up for the tournament to happen, and then come back the following Sunday early in the morning just to clean up after all you. Don't disrespect me.

So I basically stay in that SAME ROOM from 9am to 9pm every other Saturday for you guys. The last thing I want to worry about is having you people steal/damage my sh*t. How freakin' messed up is that? I spend 12 hours in a room every other Saturday to have people steal and damage our stuff. I was thinking about not doing these biweeklies anymore, or raising the price.

Zoap

Smash Master
1st: DSF
2nd: Silentspectre
3rd: King
4th: Bob$
5th: Zelgadis
5th: Hella
7th: The GERM
7th: Hyuga
9th: Lunin
9th: Kawn
9th: ???
9th: ???
13th: Snap
13th: Shadow BTZO
Thats all i know, i cant remember who the last person to get 9th was, i think it might of been Sam. At least i got the important ones in ^_^

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
My file hosting server is not cooperating with me enough...so I sent the scanned brackets to zoap...and will give it to anybody who needs it if they ask.

Whoa there mike nasty...

KizzoGirl said:
Someone did something that I won't forgive to the hallway floor yesturday at the tourney. Someone used the back of a chair to "snowboard" in the hallway with it, leaving very noticeable scratches on the floor. I don't know if those will be perminent, and if they are, that would be very bad. If someone (an official of some kind) comes up to me and asks if I know anything about it, I'll tell them what happened. I have an eye-witness who says it was the guy in the white hat (ie, Mike Nasty), and I very much believe him. I know I'm not sure it was Mike Nasty, but if it ever comes down to me being charged for the damage, or if questions arise, his name will definately be mentioned.

I'll ban you for sh*t like this - don't f*cking bother me and don't steal/harm my stuff, or SJSU's stuff. I wake up every other Saturday at 7 to get to SJSU by 8:30 and spend the next 1 or 2 hours setting up for the tournament to happen, and then come back the following Sunday early in the morning just to clean up after all you. Don't disrespect me.

So I basically stay in that SAME ROOM from 9am to 9pm every other Saturday for you guys. The last thing I want to worry about is having you people steal/damage my sh*t. How freakin' messed up is that? I spend 12 hours in a room every other Saturday to have people steal and damage our stuff. I was thinking about not doing these biweeklies anymore, or raising the price.

Whoaaaa--insane...

Zoap

Smash Master
Results + Brackets

Here is the brackets if you want to look at them, hosted on my site.

Teams Bracket
Singles Bracket

Teams Results:
1st: King and I (King and Zelgadis)
2nd: Dirty Money ( The Germ and Bob$)
3rd: Dangerous(Hyuga and Lunin)
4th: Sam For The Win ( SultanofSamitude and Scamp)
5th: O Snap, Don't Drop the Zoap (Snap and Zoap)
5th: The Hotness (Clod-Zero and Mike Nasty)
7th: Scissor Sister (Hella and Yen)
7th: G-Unint
9th: Fremont Guardians (SmoothCriminal and Velox)
9th: Too Good (Karthik and Snike)
9th: Extremely Good Looking (Ip Freely and Dizzkidboogie)
9th: Team Destiny
13th: Undecided (Kawn and Volroth)
13th: The Cats

I know that kizzo was part of G-unit but i dont know his partner, i dont know who is in team destiny or the cats.

Singles:
1st: DSF
2nd: Silentspectre
3rd: King
4th: Bob$
5th: Zelgadis
5th: Hella
7th: The GERM
7th: Hyuga
9th: Lunin
9th: Kawn
9th: Sam
9th: Nekurbish
13th: Snap
13th: Shadow BTZO
13th: Scamp
13th: Karthik
17th: Kizzo
17th: Zoap
17th: Han
17th: Clod-Zero
17th: Smooth Criminal
17th: Volroth
17th: Snike
17th: Wyte
25th: DizzKidBoogie
25th: Sky Hazuki
25th: CXC
25th: Velox
25th: Rage
25th: Layzie
25th: Art
25th: Suto
32nd: The Fusion
32nd: IP Freely
32nd: DocPillz
32nd: Glook
32nd: Mike
32nd: Izzy
32nd: SideFX
32nd: Bluu
32nd: Yen

The brackets are uo for all to see.

I apologize to all in my car last night, i had a horrible headache and was very short tempered. It was cool to hang out wit you all again and till next biweekly if there is one, Peace.

Hella

Smash Apprentice
Man, I never give shoutouts, but, this tournament was halla fun style, so...

...why not...

Yen: Teams... every time, we do better and better! Next time I'll try to be less careless with Ganon, heh. You've gotten hella good so quickly! Too bad you got such a lame bracket in singles. Kawn and Nekurbis are both hella good players. Crazy, crazy Peach. No one got moves like you... ...'cept me. HAHAHAHAHA! Oh! And I never got to see your Fox and Jigglypuff. I hear they're preeeeeeeetty crazy, hahahahaha! Good stuff.

Sam: Hella good seeing you again. Hadn't played you since GERM's smashfest over a year ago, like, before Trebor started teaching me. Man, the two times I've been most nervous in a fight was when I faught DSF in the MTB tournament in the winners finals and just this last fight against you. I didn't want to have to resort to chain grabbing, but, man... ...you're one of the most difficult Falcos to fight. You're still one of my favorite Falcos ever, with those foward tilts and ****. Good matches, yo.

Hella Zelgadis Style: Marth on Yoshi story, huh? Whatever, hahahaha. I love you, man. I'll probably never end up beating you since you taught me everything anyway, hahahahaha. But see! I told you, *****. We tied in singles. Hahahahaha. Step it up.

Bob Meat: I don't think I've ever beaten you in a pikachu ditto. So... ...I don't know why I agreed to an all-Pikachu ditto tournament match on FD. Buuuuuuuuut, yeah, I did. Stupid. **** that ****. My Pika's better still. You're just the better waiter. One day I'll learn the true art of... ...wait.

The HERM: ...I'm just glad I didn't have to fight you.

Snap: I'll admit that I respect your Game and Watch. But, I think I got him figured out. But man... Crazy matches. That last one on FOD, hahahahahaha, sorry, but I'll take that one. You just got scared. Its okay, I would have too if I had to fight me. Seriously, though. Your Game and Watch is really ****in good.

Sheridan: I was so happy when I beat you, hahahahahaha, since I've never beaten you in a tournament match before. When I went Pika I sorta got the feeling that you were ready for it. Then I remembered Isai's peach tip: Throw HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLA turnips... ...so I did. But man. You're so difficult to fight. Good stuff yo. See ya at Bobs again, probably, hahahahaha!

King: We like, never play, but yeah, cool. HAHAHAHAHA! Way to pull 3rd.

Lazy: *looks around* Yeah, you're Luigi is better than Kev$'s. Good matches. And way to forward-B. I think you're the best forward-B-er I've ever met.

DSF: Man, your Fox is hella perfect. Your werid-*** jab combos are hella sick style. It was hella fun to watch you'r matches with SS. Good work, yo.

SilentSpectre: Great work beating DSF the first time. But man, I think he got you figured out by the end, there. Love the moonwalk-trying-to-run-forward thing. I wish Peach could do that ****.

Kawn: Well, looks like we'll probably never fight again, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Who knows, maybe one day the curse will be broken, and we'll fight once more. Till then.

Kizzo: Hahahaha, thanks for letting me stick around afterwards and hang with you all. Great tournament. This was probably my favorite so far. We was up heeeeeeeella late trying that dumb turnip stuff. HAHAHAHA! But we finally did it and crashed the game. So yeah, good times. Sorry I wasn't playing well later that night, hahahahahaha. But man, I'll admit, your YL is one of the best I've seen. Also tell your friends "good matches." Hahahahahaha! And I'm sorry for 4-stocking them.

Shion and Hung: Always good to see you guys! Shion, we shoulda played some Gore-noff vs Link matches. Also, Hung, I've never faught your Shiek! Next time. I think I was just too nervous about all my tournament matches, hahahaha!

Dave: Or is it Sas? HAHAHAHA! Good stuff. Glad you found out how beautiful the neutral A out of shield can be. Hahahahaha. It just works. Good stuff beating me and Yen in teams. We were both nervous cause we knew about you and Sam's team history, heh. Peach. Represent.

Karthik: Good times, Peach ditto. Hahaha, you did better than I thought you would, heh. Next time I'll bring on the 4-stock. And remember Peach x2 > Shiek x2

DocPillz: Next time, we'll get in some Peach dittos. Next time.

Lunin: I was hoping I'd fight you instead of Sheridan cause Fox is just a tad-bit easier to chaingrab, hahahahahahaha! Either way, good work.

Finally, Zoap: Next time in teams... ...next time.

Anyone I missed: Hella good job style.

Thanks again, Kizzo, for hosting this tournament. Always a pleasure helping you get ready.

See ya'll next time style.

SNKE

Smash Journeyman
I haven't done shoutouts in a long time.

Everyone: good matches

To all the high placers good stuff

DSF: thanks for coming, ill play you next time.

Sam : close matches, your falco is good.

KAWN: STFU!!!! lol nah JK but yeah it was fun hanging with you, you're too cool as always, good stuff at Jack Off in the Box.

Kyle: thanks alot for the ride there, and I'm sincerely sorry if you get banned from these because of our non driving a$$es, but funny stuff with "bleblebleb Jack in The Box, bleblebleb, karthik"

Kr3w?!: Good **** SC, and Eddie, sorry for no In & Out.

Kizzo: Thanks for hosting as usual it was fun, and sorry to hear about you being mad, I hope you find out who it was that did it. And ban his A$$

Till next time ppl

Karthik: EPIC....

Top Bottom