• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
I'd say that this was yet another epic tourney. Thanks to everyone that came out.

Thanks to DSF for coming up for SoCal. We had the epic return of Sam and Dave (Scamp) to the face of the smash world as well. Whether or not it was just because Ender said 'Sam fell off', thanks for coming out anyways guys. And thanks for helping out getting some matches started, Dave. Hopefully you'll come again. Whoever did that stupid sheeit in the hallway owes Kizzo an apology, and if he gets charged for that crap, whoever it is needs to step it up and pay for the charges. Seriously, what the **** is that sheeit? Come on.

Other than that, I hope all of you had fun. I'll see all of you on April Fool's Day for the next biweekly.

I'll be making more epic comebacks at the next one, haha. Hopefully.

Shoutouts:

Bob Monay - You're too good. Best doc ever. Peach and Sheik, nothing could handle you.
Sam - Almost had you, dammit. It was cool meeting you, hopefully you can make it again.
Superfly - Good **** at winning the tourney. Haha, we need to play more. Thanks for coming.
Miguel NSTY - Why didn't you just money match some noobs and get some $$ for Singles? Good **** in Teams, we had you once before, you got us now. What was up with trying to grab my ***? Haha. We need to play next time. I might money match you again. We'll see.
Spectre - Crazyness with 2nd. The Spectre's kicking arse at the biweeklies again.
Kurtis - Funny Sheik dittos. We can finally declare that we're even.
Hella Nick Style - Man, that Peach ditto wasn't as bad as I expected. I actually did good. We'll do it again after I practice with Peach some more. Next time, I'll win, maybe... yeah.
Dan the King - Tough luck, couldn't get my quarter this time. Haha, good stuff.
Wyte - Took out Nekurbis.. dang. After that, I was getting nervous to face your Samus when we were up because our Sheiks are even, but I won, haha good stuff.
Dizzz - Haha, man, you're too cool. Thanks for the ride back. We need to do that "Lafayette Crew vs. Karthik" crew battle whenever you guys are up for it. I'll try to get a ride up there.
Sky - Sure, I'll money match you again. How about $10 this time? Or $15? $20?
G-Unit Mike - Too bad you have to 'retire from smash', hopefully we'll cya around. Crazy stuff @ beating Claudio that one match. Didn't think you would. Dangerous.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
shout out to my game holder and games!
WHERE THE **** ARE U :mad: i lost EVERY game i have worth playing plus both my mem cards on the way to the biweeklies :cry: it had smashbros, mine and my friends copy, metroid prime, zelda collectors, zelda windwaker, zelda fourswords, f-zero, donkey konga 2, mario sunshine, soul calibur 2, mariokart doubledash and marioparty 6. and to top it all off i ende dup 2 hours late to my fiances b-day party because i was waiting at the wrong bus stop (stupid one way streets) wich made me feel even more like ****. oh and i was completely horrible playing during the lil time i was actually there. i think i beat like 2 people who i never heard of. i was in such a bad mood i was ready to break my controller. plus one person came THIS closed to getting decked and i dont even think they know it, even tho they have come that close @ NCT. anyways kizzo sorry i was in a funk with my ylink we shall play again another time. anyways not that its any of the event itselfs fault but that was the biggest waste of time and money and energy iv put towards smash. :( im sure the event itself kicked @$$ but i just lost way too much and missed out on too much of it for it to be worth it

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
That sucks to the max, but thanks for coming. I appreciated and anticipated your presence more than anyone else.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
KizzoGirl said:
I have an eye-witness who says it was the guy in the white hat (ie, Mike Nasty), and I very much believe him. I know I'm not sure it was Mike Nasty, but if it ever comes down to me being charged for the damage, or if questions arise, his name will definately be mentioned.
I forgot, it could have also been SonicWYTE as well, because he also was wearing a white hat. I'll ask the eye-witness to differentiate.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
KizzoGirl said:
I forgot, it could have also been SonicWYTE as well, because he also was wearing a white hat. I'll ask the eye-witness to differentiate.
No it wasn't, he was with me the whole time, so I can vouch for him there, and plus I know him, even if I wasn't with him the whole time, I know he wouldn't do some **** like that. And his white hat had a blue NY on it, he's hella noticable too, always matchin and ****(like me)....hahaha, shout-outs later.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
ShadowBTZO said:
No it wasn't, he was with me the whole time, so I can vouch for him there, and plus I know him, even if I wasn't with him the whole time, I know he wouldn't do some **** like that. And his white hat had a blue NY on it, he's hella noticable too, always matchin and ****(like me)....hahaha, shout-outs later.
Yeah - I know I don't know SonicWYTE, like, at all, but he seems like a really cool guy.. that wouldn't do something like that. I only included him because of the white hat... that matches everything else he wears haha. I personally don't think he did it.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Probably the only thing that went out of order in this tournament was the delay in singles brackets. I...played round two 2 hours before round three...it wasn't quite fun although the situation seemed a little bit out of control.

Oh &...Mike Nasty owes me $2 for the moneymatch.

The Game II

Smash Champion
ShadowBTZO said:
I'll vouch for Whitey as well since I was yelling at him and making fun of him during his matches most of the day, lol. No way Whitey does something stupid like that. Yankees suck btw.

--GCII

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
LunInSpectra said:
Probably the only thing that went out of order in this tournament was the delay in singles brackets. I...played round two 2 hours before round three...it wasn't quite fun although the situation seemed a little bit out of control.

Oh &...Mike Nasty owes me $2 for the moneymatch.
That's because you were on the 1/4 of the bracket with DSF. So you were just waiting for him to show up.

The Game II

Smash Champion
The tape that has the finals of teams match has about six prior matches. I never got a list of what was on the tape, since I wasn't around for most of teams. It was the VCR further from the door.

Uh oh, many will feel the wrath of RANDOM SCRUB.

--GCII

Sky Hazuki

Smash Apprentice
Hey, can anybody who is apart of DBR get in touch with Die Super Fly? I dunno if he wants to share a hotel room with me. He posted that he did, but, im not sure. Tell him its for MLG NJ.

EDIT: And IF anyone else needs a place to stay, if your going, Then I have like, 2 spaces available.

Yen is Peach

Smash Apprentice
Wow that was a really fun day! I had lots of fun. Many thanx to kizzo of course! I looked like garbage in singles :laugh: hahahaha yea im that bad….I did better in teams with Nick tho! ;) Teams was too fun! Okay now for shout outs!

Hella: Nick! I had lots of fun teaming with you! I will continue to get better so I won’t drag u down hahaha. Maaaan u kicked a$$ as always that day!(you sure told karthik!) It’s actually kinda scary :eek: . I’m happy u beat Sheridan, you seemed pretty worried about it b4 the match but im glad you came thru okay! ( :jigglypuf darn jigglypuffs!....hahaha sorry Sheridan!)

Trebor: aw… we didn’t play…and I don’t owe u any money :ohwell: ! hahahhaha

Kizzo: Thanx agen for hosting a great tourney. I only get to play you in the mornings and that’s when I’m at my worse..hahaaha….(wat an excuse!!! :lol: ) sorry about that floor thing tho man…lets play more next time okay?

Bryant: Hey we only got to play once because I had to leave to go play in teams…Next time!

666: sorry I forgot ur name….All I remembered was u were hella :lol: funny! Hahaah thanx for sparring with us in the morning!

Lunin: Rey…those items matches were hilarious! And yes, I DO have an exploding umbrella :flame: hahahaha…I did pretty well against you w/out items too…but then again u “weren’t operating at full capacity” when we played! Oh yea…learn to tell the diff between a poisonous mushroom and a :mushroom: super one mang….! Ahahaha u just straight up go for all of them!

Silent Spectre: Jeff! Iono wat happened… But…did I even beat u once in those item matches? Oh well…u hecka read my moves this time!hehe Thanx for putting up with me and my items! Those matches are too fun! Lets do it agen okay? :smash:

Shion and Hung: We didn’t get to practice that day…(wats happening to our crew???) oh well…next time okay? Try to get jimmy up here to we can do crew battles! :item9:

Karthik: We didn’t get to do our item match…but MUahahahahA! We gotchu back in teams! Take that! Ahhaha!

Sas?: Omgsh ur really funny! Team match was really fun too! Thanx for playin items with me. Oh yes the peach trio tag team! Haha hope to play you more next time, I want a peach ditto ;)

DSF: Alex I’m glad I got to play you…it was an honor..to get beat by ur um…Yoshi ahahaha. I don’t know when I’ll be able to play you agen but I hope its soon! :yoshi:

Kawn: hey nice matches huh…I had to play u right off the bat…I’ll find a way to get u bak! Ahhaha

Kurtis: Our friendly turned out to be our tourney match…haha it was “the tech museum” all over agen…and once again you beat me…. I did way better compared to the first time I met u tho…just u watch kurtis :demon:

Sheridan: Too bad we didn’t get to play..next time okay! Ur always so cheery haha so im not afraid to ask you to spar with me! :upsidedown:

Germ: :link: too good...scary...

Sky: Oh yes! Sky we didn't get to play that much...next time oh yes and i'll totally get u in items!! and yes...u remember me form fanime? :) Next convention...let us smash!

Anyone I forgot: :p

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
wow so im not the only one with a problem with mike nasty. i like hearing this. at least now i wont have to worry bout people feeling sorry for him if he gives me attitude again and he gets whats coming to him. :dizzy:

SultanOfSamitude

Smash Journeyman
shout outs: **** all of you.

ender. money match. $20, and if you dont accept then you will be considered by the collective smash brothers community as a huge *****.

nkurbis. money match. same deal.

anyone else?

p.s. dbr is complete. nick is hella good at smash brothers. i love mike nasty

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
SultanOfSamitude said:
shout outs: **** all of you.

ender. money match. $20, and if you dont accept then you will be considered by the collective smash brothers community as a huge *****.

nkurbis. money match. same deal.

anyone else?

p.s. dbr is complete. nick is hella good at smash brothers. i love mike nasty

If you want to MM then drop it to $5 cus im not fcking rich rght now

next time we meet we shall do it. watch yourself

S0nicWYTE

Smash Rookie
Ok first of all i wana say that i didnt do that stupid **** in the hallway alright. haha. ya i know i was wearing a white hat but it wasent me anyways on to the shoutouts.

ShadowBTZO - Suck it.

SNKE - Once again it was fun playin you dude, next time we need to money match for like $2 or something, dat cool?

Nekurbis - I had to play you first round it was hella close man nice matches.

Kawn - Got me again man its that **** Zelda lol.

SideFX - it sucks man you got there late and they put u in the losers bracket, well anyways good matches.

Karthik - **** man i thought i had you but it was good next time. And we didnt ever do are money match for $3.

And if anyone wants to money match me just let me know.

sidefx

Smash Champion
karthik had to leave early cause of ride situations, i didnt get to do my 5$ mm with him either, so karthik. next biweekly, its the first thing we get out of the way, BEFORE singles. just incase =D instead of after. well, we can do after, only if you know your staying untill singles are done .. or almost done but good **** in that teams match, the karthik komeback

SultanOfSamitude

Smash Journeyman
nekurbis put your money where your mouth is. i haven't played for over a year what are you afraid of? besides, you said you would accept my challenge. guys didnt used to back out of challenges in the old days.

Docpillz

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone, it's the random doc/peach player again. Sorry, I wasn't really sociable that day, lots of crap going on, but I'll be better next time. I had alot of fun thanks to the people who helped run the tournament, but I didn't play as good as I normally would, oh well, happens.

Layzie - As always, thanks for taking me there and training with me before the tourney. Gj on "placing higher than me". haha, jk

Clod-Zero - Yay! The first person I played! It was nice playing against you and your falcon of death again, sweet combos. It was cool that you remembered me and played some friendlies with me, I really appreciate it.

Sam - Aaaagh! I can never play good against good falcos! haha, it was fun playing you tho, always great to get falco training. Thanks for teaching me how to play better, too. Hope to play you again when I get better.

Sheridan - ****, you have a nice zelda, I didn'y know how to play well against it, you and your mindgames :) . Anyway, it was fun playing you again and hopefully I'll do better against you next time.

Velox - Wow, either I got worse or you got way better :laugh: . Good fox man, keep playing and training and we'll play again soon.

Hella - Man, I really wanted to play against your peach again, it was so fun last time. I prolly should've asked you sooner, didn't realize I was short on time. Oh well, nice seeing you again tho, see you next time.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
WYTE - SideFX didn't start from Losers, he started normally.

Boback - Yeah, you can't mess with the Karthik Komeback, haha. About the money match, yeah sorry about that. My crew had to go. We'll do it earlie this time. Like after Teams. Same deal. $5.

Sam - I'll money match you. $3, let's do it at the next one. You going?

sidefx

Smash Champion
hey karthik, ill mm you like $1 with my fox & falco.. with a character of your choice, same rules our other mm. ( its $1 cause i blow balls with fox and falco) =D

Sky Hazuki

Smash Apprentice
YEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You didn't tell me you went to fanime... Thats why you look so familiar! :) And you didn't mension me in your shout outs. Meany. :p

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Aight shoutouts:

Snap: Uh...I don't know...I wasn't really doin to well, but whatever, good G&W, caught me off guard, didn't expect it, heh.

Bluu: I'm pretty sure it was you I was talking to for a while...haha sorry already forgot...****...ur pretty good for only playin for like 2 months, good ****, keep it up....good Marth.

Layzie: Good matches....haha sucks that we had to play, but good Luigi, we finally played in a tournament...heh.

Zoap: Uh...good matches, you've gotten alot better since MBT6, good ****.

Sheridan: ****...can't believe you got me, I expected to do a little better, but you were doing hella good in the 2nd and 3rd matches of our set. F*ck Mute City, haha, gj on placing 7th, you had some pretty good wins. Good sh*t in teams too, you and Lunin are dangerous.

Clod-Zero: Those friendlies were pretty fun, I got ma CF better too, yeh, we played hella times that at the tournament, I never used Sheik though, heh, whatever.

SonicWYTE: Uh....you did pretty good I guess, but I think you could've done better, nice win against Nekurbis, good match against Karthik too....we'll keep practicin and get you a top-10 finish soon, and maybe if you get good enough and I don't have anyone to team with (again), then we'll team up. You just gotta get better at playin against Sheik's in singles, and we'll work on teams alot more, if we can find 2 more people.

The Game II: Thanks for the ride up there, even though u probably had better **** to do....haha. I wish you would've given me time to go play DDR wit u, I was hella bored juss chillin there, and I wanted to embarrass you....haha. Yeah...if you want any help with smash, then just hit me up, I'll be glad to help, cuz we need more **** people to play smash, it ain't that hard to play SSBM and DDR at the same time, I do, and for smash I have alot of chars (you know that) so whatev , so yeh, hopefully you'll give me a ride to the next biweekly.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
sidefx said:
hey karthik, ill mm you like $1 with my fox & falco.. with a character of your choice, same rules our other mm. ( its $1 cause i blow balls with fox and falco) =D
Sure, Boback.

Zoap

Smash Master
i been holdin these off but i guess i can do them

Teams:
E+G+L: Man good games guys IP man u got to go ICs that way its 4 on 2 :)
The King And I: You guys are lame -.- you should just let me and dan win and come through losers. That match on yoshi story too crazy
Fremont Guardians: Was fun playin you guys and hella fun friendlies after wards. Smooth man u gotz to samus ditto me
Scissor Sisters: My peach brother and sister, sorry we had to take you guys out again but thats dans and marths fault. Dbl peach is too nasty, i dunno wat yen is talkin about bringin the team down bunch of rubish :) Nick man i warned u not to go ganon shoulda listened, lemme see those things we talked about when ur done.
Dirty Money: Bob money cheats, i cant seem to figure this guy out i mean, he works goes to school and seems like he never smashes yet still kicks the **** outta me. Herman is just **** right too good thats all i have to say. So when u put mysterious bob and troublesome germ on a team it = total destruction of O Snap dont drop the Zoap.

Singles/ Friendlies
Velox: good matches, ur fox is pretty solid just work on not airdodgin off the cliff :)
Germ: As stated b4 your just too good. I dont know wat i was thinkin tryin to outcamp u on FD. At least on DK64 it was alot better. Your welcome for the rides and anytime cuz DBR and BPS are too cool.
ShadowBTZO: Dang man i dont know wat went wrong. U just read me like a book. I was pretty confident going in because ive play nek and could beat him and i could beat most other sheiks in norcal wit ease. But man i dunno wat u did but it worked, you got too good from mbt6, hope to see ya at the next one of these and maybe ill get some friendlies in just incase. Too good thats all i got to say
thats it for singles but friendlies i played
DSF: Alex man i dunno wat ur think about doc destroyin samus, ur doc is too good though along wit the other chars. was real cool playin wit u and treatin u to norcal food. just remember the champ combo when im down there :). O and it was no prob gettin u too greyhound ur too good to miss ur bus
Boback: Man those random matches were too good. got to play some more that doc of urs has new moves everytime i see it.
Clod: Man i was scared to mm u thats why i said 2$ but i got lucky and got my grandfather tunip ggs and hope to see ya at the next one

to all those i forgot im srry but i cant remember wat happend that well. ill see ya all next biweekly

SNKE

Smash Journeyman
OMG...I can't believe I forgot about Snap

My good good buddy, those were some fun dittos, we definatly need to play sometime, I think I can go to Berkley really soon, so I'll get in contact with you about it, maybe we can finish that ditto war lol

Edit: Sure thing WYTE, I'll MM you.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Yes, well.

First again thank you Kizzo for holding this tourney, these biweeklies are really helping Norcal get their collective $hit together, it means a lot to most of us. I would really hate to see these go because of some unfortunate incidents.

Second, Glenn, you're doing Norcal a great service by getting all these tourney vids recorded. I'm certain everyone appreciates it.

Next big thanks to Rey AKA LunInSpectra, thank you for being my teams partner, we did great, couldn't have done it without you. Your tech skill is incredible...perhaps even, dare I say, DANGEROUS??? We had a really good set in singles too, somehow I (with the help of my good friend Mute City) pulled it off. Shall we team again next time?

Danny AKA ShadowBTZO: Thanks for getting Salinas to start coming, you've taught WYTE pretty well, I'm impressed. I dunno what happened in our set, I had like a "moment" or something, and the beast was unleashed, haha. Hope you come next time, never get enough friendlies.

Hella Hella Style: I had a lot of fun in our set, it was definitely interesting. That was the first time I ever played a full 8 minute game. All of the sudden I just heard "FIVE! FOUR!" I WTF'D all over myself. I have a secret Peach counterpick level, be ready for it next time. Your turnips will not save you.

Guy who wanted to play me: I'm sorry I didn't get your name or a match with you, every time I found you I had to do a match, then after I lost I didn't find you. Be there next time and let's play.

Yen Is Peach: Yes. We will play next time. Jigglypuff is love. Embrace the Jiggly.

Scamp and Sam: Cool to see you guys again, you should come to Socal, it will be fun.

Sir Kingly: *Jiggly pound* Clearly you and Trebor watched My and Rey's first set with Bob and Germ. GJ to you and Trebor in teams, and GJ on 3rd. Jigglypuff has lava at her center.

DBR in general: GJ, clearly outplayed everyone, etc. GJ DSF.

Mr. Silentspectre: Well done as always. Don't be afraid to ask me for a ride ahead of time as opposed to on the walk back to my car ^___^

See you all April 1st. I think everybody should do teams registered as the team names of others in the spirit of April Fool's, e.g. calling your team "Ken & Isai" etc. I hereby call Osama Yo Mama for my team.

Snap

Smash Ace
shoutouts:

dave: nice to talk to/meet/play you. you're definitely one of the nicest smashers i know and you made sure everything was in order ^^; if all smashers were as cool as you i think we'd be in some euphorious smashtopia.

btzo: very nice sheik. it was a real close match and i was pretty much dead so i was like, screw it im just gonna go all out and i guess it sort of worked. see you next time if u go

hella: fun matches. i dont exactly think you've figured out the essence of my GW but if you think you have we can always play some friendlies next time. i usually screw up under pressure and i thought i was facing the edge when i went off thinking i would grab it, but instead i just fell to my death. o well. good job placing 5th

han: hey man, nice to meet you and good matches. sorry about the confusion regarding the brackets. it said you already played sky and won, so i thought i had to play you... i dont know what was up really, but nice matches.

nek: your sheik is too sexy. im not sure who to use against it! o well.

snke: SNIIIKE wassap bro. hahaha those ditto wars were too intense. its always great fun to see u hopefully u go to the next biweekly--i think i am. let me know if/when you want to come up to berkeley on like a non-biweekly saturday and we'll plan something.

eric: surprised to see you there im glad you're making it to these tournies. hope u had a good time!

zoap: thx for the ride and making the best fcuking team name ever: o snap! dont drop the zoap LOL

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
Kizzo, tourny was better than ever lub u ^^

Yen- yep good set, friendlies next time k^^

Snap- yes nice matches, i like how you can go way off the stage for tha kill

Zoap- nice playing with you. i was watching your MM against lunin dude why weren't you playing like that against me =p

Lunin- yep u ***** me lol maybe i should really get warmed up before commiting to something like that. lol ur fox i couldn't catch it LOL

Wiilll - WILl omffffggg i had the most fun playing you and I so like your style dude i SEROIuSly gotta play with you more and thx for letting me record you. luv u ^^ *HuGs*

GLENN - yeahh sorry about the hug lol u were like o_0'
and for the matches dudeeee your so crazy cool for helping get the vids online mannn if I had a job i'd pay you x_X yeah mann take your time forrr the oethersss i dun want you not getting your sleep X_X

Karthic: nice work helping things run and yeah hopefully next time there will be a bigger gap between our skill level. seriously thogh =PPP ehEHhe good set yes? ;)

DSF woahh u looked freaky loplp

DBR - mann pplz u guys crazyy =P

JEFF - nice job ****** me lol it helped me get warmed up xD

SNKE - maybe next time we play more lol

Sam - well consider me an ****** im not doin 20 and well is it that your backing down from my MM for $5? ppl back then didn't back down from challenges x-X_x;
dude i heard you were coming ohhh and when i saw u im like omg is that him?!?! u look exactly the same since we played and germ's huose xD but yeah your a cool guy

thefusion, yeah we ended up playing again lol

NEXT TIME i wont get lost again going there -X-X_x-X_X =P

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'll be there April 1st fo sho, I need to practice for Champ Combo (I'm pretty sure I can make it there)....and also:
Kizzo & Karthik: Thanks for hosting and having these biweeklies, all of us have gotten hella better because of them.

Haha, I'm still kinda lookin for a partner if anyone is interested, cuz like every teams tournament I enter, I have a different partner.

The GERM

Smash Ace
To Super Skeet Bro

Let me ask you a question, are you just pissed off at Mike because he told you to get off the TV when you just started a friendly and him and my brother needed to do a tournament match? If you are, you are making the wrong move by threatening him my friend. I consider everyone in my crew as my brother, and I have no problems with you, but if you threaten anyone in my crew then we have problems. Like I said, I have no problems with you personally, but if you even think about trying to start sh** with Mike or anyone in my crew I swear I'll leave you where I find you. I'm not fond of threats at all, especially one's toward my brothers. Trust me, I ain't some bit** on smashboards trying to act all hard and sh**, this is the truth.

Lunin, I told Mike I had money for his money match against you incase he lost, turns out I didn't even have a dollar. I'll give you your money the next time I see you.

Top Bottom