• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
i was bored this morning before school so i decided i was going to bump an old thread just for fun but now there's a distinct warning that says not to bump year old topics so i got scared

pockyD

Smash Legend
teams win in different ways

some are bad manner enough to throw deep on 4th down when up 13 with under 2 minutes to go, then go for two after scoring that touchdown

some are stupid enough to continue playing it out when down 21 with 20 seconds to go, get your star player injured on a big hit, then still be dumb enough to keep throwing the ball around until thankfully you are intercepted to put an end to your BS

and of course many teams are mannered enough to simply run out the clock when the outcome is already decided

margin of victory is much less important than manner of victory. unfortunately, there's no real way to quantify manner of victory so people just use margin as a substitute, which simply does not tell anything close to the whole story

and a 13-3 victory is frequently much more dominating than a 56-42 win

Miztik

Smash Master
wow Miztik got the 17000th post and i didnt notice
oh **** i did ****!!!!!!!!!!

and i actually agree somewhat with pocky cuz the patriots from last season are a perfect example of what he is saying they would be up by 2+ touchdowns still trying to score in the 4th quarter with like 2mins left...and that didnt help there argument that they were the best team imo

i actually think the habit they got into by always throwing it late in the game with a lead may have cost them the superbowl if they had better time management they probally would have won

but im not trying to take anything away from the giants they were far the better team that day

pockyD

Smash Legend
pretty sure my knowledge in sports (and smash) laps miles around yours

and by pretty sure i mean beyond a shadow of a doubt
not based on anything you've ever said it doesn't

also your use of the 'expression' "laps miles" makes me wonder what kind of strange sports you're watching

SuperRad

Smash Master
P might be a ****
but he is good at theory when it comes to stuff.

i remember a long time ago kira made a post about it and why it actually made him not that good.

i'm not going to say "P YER DUMB SHUT UP" when I don't feel confident enough in my knowledge to challenge him.

plus, even if he's wrong i dont think i've ever seen him admit defeat.

pockyD

Smash Legend
what about the jets/cardinals game i referenced?

fact is, it doesn't take much to have a 14 pt swing at the end of the game (see tennessee vs houston 2 weeks ago), and coaching philosophy has a huge impact on it

Miztik

Smash Master
i was joking about the 49ers thing i was just saying that cuz they suck lol i completely get what your talkin about pocky

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
****, just the other day everyone was talking about anime and now its football? o.O

lol this thread works in the stupidest ways

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
seriously naota. seriously.

anyway, yeah

P is pretty smart

i talk crap to him sometimes, but i'm not actually arguing with him

cuz there's not much point

cuz he's usually right

and when he's wrong... he'll still prove to you that he is right

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
no, pocky, you're an idiot because you're so stuck in your flawed view of what is right that you're throwing together irrelevant examples (and post like an idiot) that have nothing to do with anything.

like i said, footballoutsiders.com.

Zoap

Smash Master
What does my name and dbz have in common? I still like Naruto and Pokemon. I am still a Packer fan, even without Favre. Cowboys are douche bag team. T.O is the biggest douche of them all. I watch the Jets games if there on just to see how Favre is doing as he is still my fav player. Who the **** said my name was from DBZ??? DBZ was a pretty good show, drawn out and boring at times but still good.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
This thread is getting pretty stupid.... It seems like most of the people on here talk about random, non smash related things, and they argue....We need to have more talk about...Are the biweeklies ever going to get started up again?

pockyD

Smash Legend
haha awesome, guy ascribes all his knowledge to an alleged "authority" and diverts all discussion

fantastic

clearly lapping miles around me

Miztik

Smash Master
aww zoap its ok T.O and the Cowboys love you too...and your aim sn has to do with DBZ

also mexican this thread was stupid once it was the title was changed to NorCal nevers

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
This thread is getting pretty stupid.... It seems like most of the people on here talk about random, non smash related things, and they argue....We need to have more talk about...Are the biweeklies ever going to get started up again?
Exactly what I said earlier but I don't belive anybody replied.

We definetly should get these back up and running, also anybody tired of bull**** and actually want to play melee possibly record just read my thread:NorCal Smashers looking Melee/N64 smashers.

It should be bumped to the top.

YourTooSlow

Smash Apprentice
epic alias, epic avatar.

DK=icing on cake

that is all

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
haha awesome, guy ascribes all his knowledge to an alleged "authority" and diverts all discussion

fantastic

clearly lapping miles around me
it's kind of like an english professor telling you to catch up on your grammar

if you're not on at least a basic level of understanding sports on an intellectual level, of what really contributes to winning, it all goes over your head if you don't even know what a gerund is or something.

pockyD

Smash Legend
it's kind of like an english professor telling you to catch up on your grammar

if you're not on at least a basic level of understanding sports on an intellectual level, of what really contributes to winning, it all goes over your head if you don't even know what a gerund is or something.
yet another complete non-argument

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
the people who just started getting a lot better at melee during the birth of brawl have really stuck to melee, that's pretty much the trend

that's the majority of pacific west

norcal brawl belongs to AiB now

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
go onto allisbrawl and join a group about some anime character or something

Top Bottom