• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Code:
[   (****)   |   -||- __|(|         
[  ,--.      |____||.--.  |         
=-(( `))-----------(( `))==         
   `--'             `--'
Climb aboard

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
you have to put melee in all caps and/or bold if you want shroomed to read your post at all.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Wolf Pup TK: hmm, okaland is kinda far though, isn't it? lemme check google maps
Mikes Delusional: it's a big tournament
Wolf Pup TK: ouch, 50 minute drive

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
wolfpup sounds like someone who never traveled for melee.

quak

Smash Champion
This is major toms to ground control

im stepping through the doh-hooor

and im floating in the most peculiar wahay

and the stars look very different todahay

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
I've traveled twice that just to play friendlies.
If I could actually have a sit-down and play with people, yes, I'd drive an hour. But from my experiences so far, trying to play friendlies (the only reason for me to go, since I'm not ready for real competition) in a tournament involved waiting around 20 minutes between every match. I just don't have that kind of time anymore.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
I'll play smash however I can and want. Sorry if I can't dedicate a full day to play 10 matches when I can instead work on finding more people in neighboring towns and actually feel like I'm learning something and enjoying it.

I know it's been a long time since you've been lacking in the skills department, but for me, going out of my way to play in a big tournament isn't worth it because the average player there isn't just better than me, they outclass me to the point where I've little to gain from fighting them. Mix that with getting in very few rounds, and I burn a day getting too little from it.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
I don't see why you're so hung up on this, Mike. It's not like I went to you complaining about not being good enough. You contacted me through AIM about the tourney, I told you I wasn't interested, then you bring it in here and can't seem to get over the fact that I don't think going to that tournament is worth it for me.

*shrugs*

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Sorry, I had been coding for nearly 12 straight hours at work yesterday. My sense of humor broke.
IRL Johns. :D

So, I've got a question about finding a venue for the biweeklies. Is it likely that when the fall semester at SJSU starts, we'll be able to get a room there again?

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Play nice guys.

I think BIO will have a lot of opportunity for friendlies since it's 2 days long, just doing singles one day and double/other crap the next, and allegedly having a minimum of 15 setups. Even if you only get a match every 20 min I don't think THAT many people are so great at Brawl that you can't learn anything by watching let alone playing them.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
So do you guys still play melee? or have you guys gone all Brawled out? I f*cken hate brawl. It sux ***. lol. I wanna go to another tournament, just not a brawl tournament. I want melee. lol. I've gotten a lot better too. I can 0-death fastfallers anywhere now. hahaha

Top Bottom