• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Snap

Smash Ace
i think im gonna do something i like to call "faithful decision" tournaments where i just stick with one character the entire time. next biweekly i'm gonna try to go only falco. this is just to let me see how good i am with each of my characters alone and with no counterpicking or anything. biweekly after maybe i'll try fox, and then the next i'll do GW.

anybody want to join me? =) Kawn's been doing this lately by sticking to zelda, so more power to him :)

Art?

Smash Journeyman
i didn't realize deaf people could actually talk. i always imagined them making weird, incoherent noises with their vocal chords, kinda like chewbacca the wookie. *wOooOoOoaaAAaaHrrRRr*

Snap

Smash Ace
Art? said:
i didn't realize deaf people could actually talk. i always imagined them making weird, incoherent noises with their vocal chords, kinda like chewbacca the wookie. *wOooOoOoaaAAaaHrrRRr*
I don't think you read his post correctly.

"
It's required for my American Sign Language class. Some deaf person talks about their life and kind of wastes my day. There's an interpreter so it's all good."

There's an interpreter, meaning the deaf person is signing and the interpreter translates verbally.

And yes, some deaf people can actually talk, but it sounds somewhat cluttered, but not alien-like.

Edit: there's a deaf guy in one of my math classes with two translators, and one day the translators weren't there so i heard him speak when he asked a question.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
Snap said:
i think im gonna do something i like to call "faithful decision" tournaments where i just stick with one character the entire time. next biweekly i'm gonna try to go only falco. this is just to let me see how good i am with each of my characters alone and with no counterpicking or anything. biweekly after maybe i'll try fox, and then the next i'll do GW.

anybody want to join me? =) Kawn's been doing this lately by sticking to zelda, so more power to him :)
Yeah I do that a lot with Young Link, but I'm somewhat reluctant to try out others because I'm still trying to perfect my Young Link. I'm kinda good with others, but I don't want to be a filthy Sheik player hahaha.

Snap

Smash Ace
MyKo said:
CHANGE

THE

STUPID

TOPIC ALREADY

this is about NCB..not deaf crap..dam..wtf you guys lol..

AND I THOUGHT "I" was random.
myko, i had the same thoughts earlier today, which is why i posted about my faithful decision idea. but i guess it doesn't really apply to people who only have one character.

thefusion

Smash Ace
Snap said:

I'll be going Yoshi only again. I just started, and I'm not good with him yet, but each game gives me a bit more experience, so I'll take what I can get.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Snap said:

We have enough Falcos, stick to Game&Watch.

I'll stick to Sheik. My faithful decision is set.

Zoap

Smash Master
ppl should just stick wit their mains, playin secondary characters is wack, thats my opinion

EDIT:Fusion: whos ur teacher, i had ASL for 2 years and was suppose to go to those things.

EDIT#2: Karthik lies, he plays jiggz and he knows it :laugh: :chuckle: :psycho:

thefusion

Smash Ace
Zoap said:
ppl should just stick wit their mains, playin secondary characters is wack, thats my opinion

EDIT:Fusion: whos ur teacher, i had ASL for 2 years and was suppose to go to those things.

EDIT#2: Karthik lies, he plays jiggz and he knows it :laugh: :chuckle: :psycho:
All I know is that her name is Celeste, she's deaf, and that she is employed through San Jose City College.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
djkarthik said:
We have enough Falcos, stick to Game&Watch.

I'll stick to Sheik. My faithful decision is set.
Yeah that's one of my hidden reasoning behind a lot of the things I do. There's enough Falcos and Sheiks and Captain Falcons and crap. I chose Young Link because no one uses him (not a LOT of people use him). And then I try to make him good enough to defeat easier-to-play characters (ie, top tiers).

The Game II

Smash Champion
I just realized there was no biweekly this week. So, I'm going to try to set up something at my house, if people want to drive down here tomorrow (Saturday). I'll know by tonight, and then give out my address if people are coming. Most of the Salinas peeps will be coming.

--GCII

The Game II

Smash Champion
Alrighty, I finalized my schedule, so if people do want to come to Salinas to play some smash, PM me and I'll give you my address.

For those wondering, Salinas is about 50 minutes south of San Jose. And I live near a few places to eat.

--GCII

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
The Game II said:
Alrighty, I finalized my schedule, so if people do want to come to Salinas to play some smash, PM me and I'll give you my address.

For those wondering, Salinas is about 50 minutes south of San Jose. And I live near a few places to eat.

--GCII
Yeah, hopefully ANY of you guys can come down here, I don't want it to be only like 4-5 people, if anyone has any questions then just pm me or hit me up on aim...come on The Abominable Snowman aka SonicWYTE will be there :crazy: ....
haha :laugh:

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
KizzoGirl said:
Yeah that's one of my hidden reasoning behind a lot of the things I do. There's enough Falcos and Sheiks and Captain Falcons and crap. I chose Young Link because no one uses him (not a LOT of people use him). And then I try to make him good enough to defeat easier-to-play characters (ie, top tiers).
I'd argue that Young Link is easier to play than Fox.

We have basically one CF and zero Sheiks. Yeah, I know there are some Sheiks out there, but you guys aren't tourney-winning-threats. At least not yet.

I suppose you could include Alex but he plays like 5 people so he's 1/5th Sheik, or something.

I guess by that logic we also have zero Peaches as well.

We have too many Foxes.

No one likes Samus?

Can someone please develop a top-tier Marth? Zel you don't count.

That's it! I'm Sheiking it up!

Except against TANG. No Sheik for TANG.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
ShadowBTZO said:
Yeah, hopefully ANY of you guys can come down here, I don't want it to be only like 4-5 people, if anyone has any questions then just pm me or hit me up on aim...come on The Abominable Snowman aka SonicWYTE will be there :crazy: ....
haha :laugh:
I wish I could go, but having no car or money sucks the fun out of life.

The King

Smash Ace
Scamp doesn't even mention Jigglypuff in his arguement. <_< I see where you're going with this...you want to cash battle my jigglypuff, dont you. lolol that's it, next biweekly i'm only using my secondary, just to see how far that would actually get me. No More Puff next time, someone else deserves to win.

P.S.--I'm not saying who my 2ndary is.

King Out

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Anyone who can win OOS is who counts as that char I believe.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
King, you're funny. Someone else deserves to win? You didn't even win last time!

Your puff needs to work on it's pedestrian-fu in order to achieve it's maximum potential. I know you're not used to asian drivers and all, but you could do well learning some car combos.

Zel were you around when C-PUG was at Matt's biweeklies? That guy had the best car combos ever. If I make it to the next biweekly I'll see if he wants to show up.

Oh and I didn't include Puff in my last post because Puff isn't top-tier. Kinda odd how I included Samus and Peach then, isn't it?

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
I want at least one of these to be a low-tier tournament.

(ie, Top-Tier-Cancelling tournament haha)

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
KizzoGirl said:
I want at least one of these to be a low-tier tournament.

(ie, Top-Tier-Cancelling tournament haha)
You'll get your epic chance at NCT II: The Big One. You hear that rumbling...?

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Lol, The Snap.

Anyways, Fremont had its own little event today. Here are the results:

Singles
1. Zeldafreak
2. Sm00th Criminal
3. Karthik
4. IP Freely
5. Velox
5. Binyan
7. Pwrfulfish
7. JoshCubed

Teams
1. Too Dangerous (Karthik & Binyan)
2. David Cockerfield (IP Freely & Velox)
3. Snowball C0cks (Zeldafreak & Josh)
4. Boys in Black (Sm00th Criminal & Pwrfulfish)

Crews
Team Karthik beats Team Zeldafreak

Snap

Smash Ace
djkarthik said:
Lol, The Snap.

Anyways, Fremont had its own little event today. Here are the results:

Singles
1. Zeldafreak
2. Sm00th Criminal
3. Karthik
4. IP Freely
5. Velox
5. Binyan
7. Pwrfulfish
7. JoshCubed

Teams
1. Too Dangerous (Karthik & Binyan)
2. David Cockerfield (IP Freely & Velox)
3. Snowball C0cks (Zeldafreak & Josh)
4. Boys in Black (Sm00th Criminal & Pwrfulfish)

Crews
Team Karthik beats Team Zeldafreak

where was the snike?

THE SNIKE~ is too good

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
You can both feel and hear rumbling.

What if a tidal wave was coming at you? You'd probably hear it long before you feel it, unless you count ominous doom as a feeling.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
Hyuga, we can't be friends anymore if you're gonna have that filthy Sheik face as your avatar : )

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
well today was my first ever experience playing people who knew what they were doing, and i lost most of my matches x_X im pretty screwed for my first biweekly but with some practice i think i'll be able to compete. look forward to meeting some of you guys.
also...who has the handle of ice, or iceninja or something. thats the one ive been using but apparently someone's already got it? darn...

Top Bottom