• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Dangerou. Hey... I'm not going to be late to the biweekly this time. I think.

I might be playing Teams. We'll see.

Hey .. check out the NCT II thread. Details have been confirmed. Craazy.

Alam

Smash Apprentice
dang i dont think i can make it to this biweekly. I gotta take the SAT. :mad: Maybe after it if i have the energy to do so.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Sheridan, I think you might have my controller. I'm not sure which, it's either the one with tape on the plug-in deal or tape on the back of it, I'd like it back, I need to do some controller experiments and the other controllers I have mysteriously stopped working after i 'improved' them. Curious stuff.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
I'm going to win teams by myself, playing two characters, using two controllers, with one hand, handicapped [cuz you'll need it]. I won't tell you which characters though.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Hey, I wanted to know if people would be interested in doing Draft crews at one of the biweeklies (or possibly NCTII).

Draft Crews is an idea that I think Wife came up with: basically, you have a team captain for each crew, and they draft people in attendance to be on their team, like picking teams in football or what-have-you in grade school, though of course there could be more than 2 crews. I think this is a really neat idea as it not only requires knowledge of crew strategy but a knowledge of the player community around you.

Anyway, let me know what you think, people.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I forget who came up with the idea for draft crews. I like to think that I did, but I can't prove it. Anyway, M3D was the first to post any real discussion on it, and Wife and gang were the first to actually run it. (Was it them? Anyway, it was on the EC)

Reviews were mixed. Some people really enjoyed it, others thought it was basically just a captain-fest. (Like how Ken destroyed us. No real need for anyone else, lol) I personally like the idea but it only really works if everyone knows each other and we're all at a comparable skill level. It kinda loses it's touch if you're teamed up with a bunch of people you don't know.

I think it'd be cool to go that extra level and have trades and ****. Trade after the draft or even during. Do you really want to give up a late-round pick to move up two spots and draft Lunin? Scamp's House is on the clock.

But if we did this it'd probably take up the time for everything else. I like the idea of an invite-only day, unless I'm not invited.

Geo

Smash Ace
I'm coming to this biweekly, it will be my first one. I'm so excited!! =D

I look forward to seeing everyone and of course playing everyone too.

Mr. Tibbs is taking teams and B needs a partner anyone wanna team up with the one and only B?

We still on for the KGB vs Lun/Tang/SS vs King/GERM/Zel crew battle?

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
I didn't know that "Draft Crews" existed but Fremont's recent local tournament had a "Draft Crew" battle last Sunday. It went fairly well other than the fact that Zeldafreak believed that one team had an unfair advantage over the team. How about "Seeded Crews"?

A team of people would get together and determine seedings based on who they believe deserves their desiginated seeds. So for example: Ken #1, Chu Dat #2, Isai #3, etc, and the top 6-7 or so are Team Captains. And those captains select from the NEXT 6-7 people ONLY as their second pick, and the next 6-7 following that would be their third pick. Now if we can do the drafts like fantasy professional sports, the last seed would pick first and Ken would be the last pick, and he'd pick the second pick first following the zig-zag draft method that most fantasy sports use. Just a suggestion.

Don't know if I was clear enough. I can explain more if anyone needs me to.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
Sorry to raise doubts, but there are 2 things:

1.) Our family is kinda going through some stuff right now and there may not be a biweekly on this Saturday [may 6th].

2.) Finals are coming up and I really need to study.

So just keep up on the boards for more updates, because things may change. As for now though, just assume the biweekly is still on unless noted otherwise.

PS. I may host weeklies if I feel like it over the summer, depending on whether or not I have something to do for the Saturday at hand. If I'm bored, I'll host a tournament - if I'm busy, I won't. w/e

thefusion

Smash Ace
Aw man, just when I find out I'm free this Saturday. :p

Not a problem though, Kizzo. You know how much we all appreciate each and every biweekly.

Afro Justin

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... Just thought i would post up here, for once. I can't go to this biweekly, Kizzo. I have to drive up to San Ramon at around 3. I haven't been able to go to the last two or three... ****. Next time, hopefully.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
If you're going to cancel I'd really appreciate it if you let me know by friday night at the latest. I don't wanna drive all the way to Berkeley to find out it's cancelled again.

I mean, even doubts and whatnot are enough. If you end up running it after you're not sure on friday, that's cool, but I need to know if there's that chance.

I really want to smash it up, though. For some reason I feel my game just might....evolve.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
LunInSpectra said:
*clears throat*

Shouldn't school be put first before biweeklies?
Normally, yes. But for this particular instance, Simna's coming : )

I'll cancel any biweeklon if I need to, especially for school. Once finals come, that's IT!

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
KizzoGirl said:
Normally, yes. But for this particular instance, Simna's coming : )

I'll cancel any biweeklon if I need to, especially for school. Once finals come, that's IT!
The Simna ;D I MUST PLAY SIMNA. IT'S BEEN OVER A YEAR. Let's play Simna.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Alrighty, this is the challenge made to Karthik.

His Sheik vs. 5 of my characters. 1 match, 1 dollar each. Random stage from the 6 neutrals.

Also, a match on FD where I will be blindfolded. (But I get a coach.) He only has 2 stock to my four, though.

So, six matches, six dollars. Is it going to happen?

Valis

Smash Rookie
i got saturday school this saturday off of tardies to first period cus i suck at waking up in the morning lol but i think i can reschedule it cus i want to go....and if there is no tournament it still works out cus then i got no saturday school this saturday :bluejump:

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Sims: Blindfold matches for all! I dunno if Ness is the best choice for that, though. Can you PK thunder blindfolded? And no fair practicing before Sunday!

Lunin: I'll accept the same stakes for you as long as there's time and I'm not down money from Karthik. Unless you have another format in mind?

And, for everyone else, I'm always down for matches for free or for cookies. 3 on 3 round robin!

foxroar

Smash Cadet
Scamp said:
Sims: Blindfold matches for all! I dunno if Ness is the best choice for that, though. Can you PK thunder blindfolded? And no fair practicing before Sunday!
How exactly will he know when to use PK thunder if he is infact BLINDFOLDED lol dun dun dun...

Snap

Smash Ace
Kizzo: any updates on whether or not it looks like it's going to happen may 6th? i hope everything works out for you and your family and finals and what not.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
bull****....it was delayed a week then cancelled....*************************************************

ender doesnt often get access to his van, but this time he did and was gonna bring down a full load of ppl to this thing including geo and kev$ and B who havent been to one yet and now u are telling me its cancelled?!

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Kizzo, I'm getting there early.

I know you said you have to study. You could just study outside of room #227, on the couch or something taking a few chairs and what not. Now, I can stay until things are done and manage everything while you're still there, just outside. Hey, we can even close the door so you aren't distracted by the Ooohhhs. Well. That's that.

With that said, if this biweekly happens, it may very well my last biweekly until this upcoming Fall, which I'll have a dramatic return with NCT II: The Big One, haha. I'm leaving the smash scene until then anyways.

Well, I hope this biweekly happens.

Alam

Smash Apprentice
y karthik y do u gotta leave. i still havent played u yet. oh well. there are just some things that are more important than smash i guess.

Top Bottom