• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No More Heroes: General Beam Katana Slashing Discussion

Darkslash

Smash Master
Right, just to let you know, there was a No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle. Unfortunately, that thread had been reduced to the 2nd biggest spam fest.

Alright this is a general No More Heroes thread. Both games can be discussed with strategy news and plain praise.

Title: No More Heroes

Release Date
December 6, 2007(JP)
January 22, 2008(US)
February 8, 2008(Can)
March 14, 2008(Eur)
March 20, 2008(Aus)

Publisher
Marvelous Entertainment/Spike(JP)
Ubisoft(NA)
Rising Star Games(Eur)

System

Wii

ESRB Rating

M or equivalent

Title
No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle

Release Date

January 2010(NA)
Early 2010(JP)

Publisher

XSEED GamesUbisoft(NA)
Rising Star Games(EU)

ERSB
Extreme(M or an equivalent)
Mild(T or an equivalent)

Desperate Struggle Trailer(newest version)

HE'S STILL USING THE BLOOD BERRY. WTF!!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Wow that was fast, though I thought No More Hero's came out later than 2008 but around early 2009. But still, wow, I'm barley use to the first one on Wii, lol.

kr3wman

Smash Master
The last bit is the kind of stuff that made the first one soooooooooooooooooooo...

....ooooooooooo...

...oooooo good.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Darkslash. Why didn't you use a Youtube link? ;_;

Anyway, I'm hyped for this game. Gonna be a long wait...

Still wonder how Destroyman play into all this. Any ideas?

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
I still can't believe there's even going to -be- a sequel. But now that there is, I can relax and just wait for the release. It may be until next year but after the first game you -know- it's gonna be good.

:034:

Smash Hero
uunnnnnnfffffffffff

I can't wait for this game. I'm wondering on how they're going to do all of those bosses - there are supposedly over 50 bosses... Even bringing all of the assassins back and the two confirmed ones, that still leaves us with about 35 new ones... And the bosses were a big reason why NMH was so much fun.

Also, I'm still hoping for a beam katana function with Wii Motion Plus. 1:1 beam katana fighting? I want it.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I like how it shows where the beam katana has cut on the enemies' bodies now. It's a very minor touch, but it's still cool.

I still can't get over that guy throwing his hos at Travis.
My guess is that guy has hos in different area codes (different time zones?) and that those two in particular were expendable.

Still wonder how Destroyman play into all this. Any ideas?
Destroyman doesn't die, only the actors who play him!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/goichi-suda-no-more/51551

In this interview, Suda 51 confirms that Jeane (the cat) from NMH1 will return for No More Heroes 2 after having put on a few pounds and suggests that there will be more minigames involving her, including putting her on a diet. Suda then goes on to say that he's hoping the Jeane gameplay will be better than Ubisoft's Petz series.

I think that this is a considerable effort, considering how the Wii version of Catz 2 was SO EPIC.

Darkslash

Smash Master
^lol Simpsons.

But it'd be funny with a new person under the Destroyman mask and sounding just like the old one.
The original dystroyman, was as Travis put it "Mr. Cosplay". They're possibly more Dystroyman fanatic assasins seeing how popular he is, as he's the equivalent to Superman in the NMH universe.

In this interview, Suda 51 confirms that Jeane (the cat) from NMH1 will return for No More Heroes 2 after having put on a few pounds and suggests that there will be more minigames involving her, including putting her on a diet. Suda then goes on to say that he's hoping the Jeane gameplay will be better than Ubisoft's Petz series.

I think that this is a considerable effort, considering how the Wii version of Catz 2 was SO EPIC.
YESH!

I'm still sad that ubisoft is publishing in North America, but hey you can't have every thing.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master

You know, I saw a video review for dogz 2 once.

Did you know that Dogz 2 is exactly the same as Catz 2, but with dogs?

kr3wman

Smash Master
- ... According to the rules of conduct, it is your win!

- That's ****ed up! That's the stupidest rule I've ever heard! This guy's mine and you just want me to let him go, *****?!

- Rules are rules. You can't have what you can't have.

- Whatever. But this dude wants to fight and ain't nobody gonna stop him. This assclown right here is...

- Who?

- Hey! He's gone! Mister Sir Henry Mother****er he just jetted. What a *****.
_____

- You can't be serious. All this time you didn't realize...

- What are you talking about?

- I'm your twin brother!

- What the hell? That's the craziest **** I've ever heard! Why would you bring up something like that at the very last minute of the game?

I love this game.

§leepy God

Smash Master
If it's based off the first game, there's no need to put spoilers since No More Heroes came out just about six months ago in the US. The rules state if it's after three months ago he doesn't have to.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Should you put all that stuff in spoilers?

I haven't played, so I have no idea if that's spoiler time info or not.
Just imagine every cliche in videogames, movies and anime together in one story and you got No More Heroes.

Basically it's all bat**** insane.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
If it's based off the first game, there's no need to put spoilers since No More Heroes came out just about six months ago in the US. The rules state if it's after three months ago he doesn't have to.
While technically that is within the boundaries of the rules, me and many other people have yet to play No More Heroes and may not want a lot of it spoiled. Often, a poster will put information that is allowed into spoilers because it will still spoil the game.

Maybe I'll pick up a copy tomorrow when I get The Conduit.

kr3wman

Smash Master
While technically that is within the boundaries of the rules, me and many other people have yet to play No More Heroes and may not want a lot of it spoiled. Often, a poster will put information that is allowed into spoilers because it will still spoil the game.

Maybe I'll pick up a copy tomorrow when I get The Conduit.
It won't spoil your game. I promise.

Because there's really nothing to spoil.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Uhh, No More Heroes came out in January 2008.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I think this means if Nintendo doesn't upgrade soon after 2010, Nintendo won't get another No More Heroes title because I guess they don't like the graphic or controls very much.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
http://kotaku.com/5306547/marvelous-may-bring-its-wii-games-to-ps3-xbox-360

Basically, they're going to port a number of their titles from the wii to the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Although I still wonder why that isn't the norm. From a buisness standpoint, developers are supposed to port their titles from the graphically inferior, popular consoles to the graphically superior, less popular consoles. Shouldn't everybody be doing this?

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ This is going to effect Nintendo little but some fans of it. No More Heroes was is one of the best games on Wii and now it's not going to be on Nintendo. But at least I get to play the next one on PS3 if they make another. :3 ♥

kr3wman

Smash Master
Although I still wonder why that isn't the norm. From a business standpoint, developers are supposed to port their titles from the graphically inferior, popular consoles to the graphically superior, less popular consoles. Shouldn't everybody be doing this?
It's like the bit wars all over again.

Why would you want a fine gem of gameplay that is perfect on his own when you can have it in HD?!?!

Gamers are ******** these days.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
The move makes sense to me. Suda has proven that NMH is a popular hardcore franchise, so it's only reasonable that he should want to take it to a console with a larger hardcore base. Plus, the development team will be able to stretch their creative muscles a bit further. Can you imagine a NMH game that looks like Tales of Vesperia or Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm? That would be sick.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Doesn't... Like, NMH already look better than those games?

Sure, the argument that it would look better is okay, but with the artistic design of Marvelous Entertainment games, I doubt they can really look better.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
So disappointed that the next NMH isn't coming to the Wii. I know it didn't do that well at first, but it feels like a really big betrayal, I mean they could at least make the it multi platform.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
So disappointed that the next NMH isn't coming to the Wii. I know it didn't do that well at first, but it feels like a really big betrayal, I mean they could at least make the it multi platform.
I'm not sure that's what he's actually saying.

He could just as easily be making No More Heroes 3 a game for Wii 2, whenever it comes out.

After all, new consoles are created because game makers reach the limits of what they can do with old ones.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Marvelous May Bring Its Wii Games To PS3, Xbox 360

Marvelous=/=Suda 51

Suda 51 may refuse to develop the games, and in turn leave Marvelous. Just because Marvelous says that the sales of NMH sucked, doesn't mean it wasn't a failure to Grasshopper.

And what would make it special on the other consoles any ways?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Marvelous May Bring Its Wii Games To PS3, Xbox 360

Marvelous=/=Suda 51

Suda 51 may refuse to develop the games, and in turn leave Marvelous. Just because Marvelous says that the sales of NMH sucked, doesn't mean it wasn't a failure to Grasshopper.

And what would make it special on the other consoles any ways?
Actually, No More Heroes is the best selling game ever produced by Suda 51.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Actually, No More Heroes is the best selling game ever produced by Suda 51.
True.

It's kinda sad since all of his games have a unique style, and for being his best selling game, it didn't even managed to get 500 k units, which is sad.

However I'm hoping the sequel gets better sales, Ubisoft better get some TV campaigns or something, cause this new game will surely deserve it.

I'm saddened to hear this may be, if not IS the last No more heroes on the Wii, hopefully NMH3 will be multiplatform, along with Wii.

However I'm liking the whole mutliple oponents for the ranking battle, this game is gonna be intense, I can't wait to play it, and
the return of destroyman makes me very happy, he was my fav. ranking boss

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Doesn't... Like, NMH already look better than those games?

Sure, the argument that it would look better is okay, but with the artistic design of Marvelous Entertainment games, I doubt they can really look better.
Sure, it might look better artistically, but I'm talking in a technical, flowing-anime-in-motion kind of way. The opportunity to take an artistic vision and create it with a less-limiting toolset is liberating for almost any artist, so I can't even begin to fathom how night-and-day it must be with game creation.

Perhaps Grasshopper Manufacture has hit the wall with where they could take the franchise on the Wii's hardware. Suda seems like the type of designer to never, ever want to do the same exact thing twice, let alone more than that. Perhaps he feels that this second game is already too similar to the first, so he's looking to the future at making the games larger, more freely-flowing, and more engrossing visually--things that are difficult to achieve easily on the Wii's hardware.

Entirely speculation, however.

Top Bottom