• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No johns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Its very boom. its loud, playing link is at least somewhat cool in ssb64 for that. In melee its all fairy grunts, and SKRAAAA!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
LOLOLOL XD
Wait hear out the logic

Compare how many people are among the gods of melee, and how many are among the gods of n64 smash?

So many people try day in day out to get better online, to play people, train, but it ammounts to nothing, usually. Only a few people can do it.

In melee its really ALL practice, play more, get better. Though some people have better mindgames and reaction time than others.

They are both fundamentally the same and completly unique in the fighting game genre.

Personal preference? Melee all the way, I like the extra defensive options, they open up many more sides to smash that I like because it makes it faster.

Really though, dont judge the competitive n64 scene unless you can kick some butt yourself online, because it's not an easy game to master at all :)

But yeah, I should have said that for me, it was harder to get ''good'' (I'll never be good enough, not with the little training I do) at ssb64, despite having way more PEOPLE to play online, than it was at melee with a crew and occasional biweeklies and tourneys, smashfests.

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
<MarioReincarnate> hey
<SmashBoards> GOD ROCKS
<MarioReincarnate> ?
* Parts: SmashBoards

GOD ROCKS

Metà

Smash Master
I don't know, I found it easier to learn combos, techniques, and generally get to a higher level of play faster in 64 than in Melee. I recently started playing SSB64 competitively, and while a lot of my general playstyle/mindgames/skill transferred over from Melee (2 years of competing), 64 just seems to be a simpler game overall, even at a competitive level. I don't mean any form of disrespect in this, and I know people will take it the wrong way, but just look at how much less there is in the game. Game speed is slower, comboing is easier, more hitstun (allowing for easier follow-up attacks and more DI), and much fewer techs.

Btw, I'm not just speculating about this based on videos and discussions that I've seen; I have practiced nearly everyday with some very skilled players, and I know what it takes to be truly good at the game. I dunno, ssb64 is so much different than Melee, yet I always end up comparing the two. >_< I know they have their differences, and both are very hard to master, but I have a natural Melee bias. -_-

DSB

Smash Apprentice
After beating someone by pissing them off (a bit of sandbagging here and there) with Falcon & DK:
"I'll go play against someone seroius now, thanks"

Kentalish

Smash Lord
ive had this... kirby is cheap all u do is fsmash... i upsmash him then he says upsmash is cheap... then i downsmash him and kill him later on in the game he leaves

another guy i killed him with ness and he said his down air was cheap lol

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
lol

i saw a guy a couple of days ago

he basically went like this (I was using ness, he was a noob kirby and I repeatedly destroyed him):
¨°PÞ-§°¨ KoRoBeNiKi: gg
Person: are you hacking or something?
¨°PÞ-§°¨ KoRoBeNiKi: Uhh what do you mean
Person: You cheated, how were you doing aerials so fast?
¨°PÞ-§°¨ KoRoBeNiKi: uhh, its called Z-Cancelling and DJCING (Double Jump Cancelling)
Person: WTF is Z-Cancelling. youre using a cheat device. Noob.
¨°PÞ-§°¨ KoRoBeNiKi: RIIIIIIGGGHHHTTTT
Person: Bye Hacker.
¨°PÞ-§°¨ KoRoBeNiKi: Bye Noob. Learn to Z Cancell and not use a smash spamming kirby.
Person Leaves
Probably the other funny thing was a few moths ago.

Similarly he basically went like this (I was using Falcon, he was a noob kirby and I repeatedly destroyed him):
¨°PÞ-§°¨ KoRoBeNiKi: GG
Person: How did you beat me?
¨°PÞ-§°¨ KoRoBeNiKi: What do you mean?
Person: I was trained by Isai. There is no way I could lose.
¨°PÞ-§°¨ KoRoBeNiKi: Sure you were trained by Isai.
Person: Yea I was.
¨°PÞ-§°¨ KoRoBeNiKi: What was his name on Kailera?
Person: iSai like it should be
¨°PÞ-§°¨ KoRoBeNiKi: LOL. Isai's name is Malva-MC not iSai.
Person: Why would it be Malva-MC.
¨°PÞ-§°¨ KoRoBeNiKi: Because that is his nickname on Kailera. What character did he use?
Person: Kirby.
¨°PÞ-§°¨ KoRoBeNiKi: lol. Did he do similar things as in the last match before this? (I used kirby just for fun the last match)
Person: No he spammed forward smashes.
¨°PÞ-§°¨ KoRoBeNiKi: Then No, It Wasn't Isai.
Person: Yea It Was.
Person Leaves
¨°PÞ-§°¨ KoRoBeNiKi: Lol.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
A friend of mine: I prefer Kriby's Usmash because it does more damage. Who needs his Utilt?

Keep in mind...this is after he got 5-stocked by another friend of mine. (He goes by Box....but I think there's more than one. Believe his name on here is Altair.) BTW....he showed him the proper way to use Kirby.

Me: Dude....stop spamming Fsmash...that's what got you 5-stocked last time
Him: I didn't get 5-stocked.....I took at least one of his lives!!!
Me: Yeah...in a 4 person
Him: I didn't know Jigglypuff was that good
Me: I warned you....you didn't believe me.

(Another friend of mine Niwatori...after learning about Zcancelling proceeded to beat him with Pikachu, DK, Samus, C. Falcon, Fox, Ness, and I think that was it.)

Him: I thought you said he was as good as (we'll use Box). Box 5-stocked me. I ripped Niwatori when he was Link.
Me: Yes....and if I'm not mistaken...everyone is a counter to Link or so I'm told. Besides....that was one match....compared to like 20. (literally) He didn't 5 stock you....but he still 3 stocked you. Still bad.
Him: I could beat him
Me: Not if you keep spamming fsmash like that. I'm not even that good at SSB....probably could count the times on one hand I played it....and even I know that. (and yet I entered a tourney, xD)

The best line of all. by anyone:

Zcancelling can't make THAT much of a difference!!!

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
sandbagging johns are the worst, everytime u beat someone they talk about how much they wernt trying. Also people johning even when they win is pretty bad

Divine44

Smash Cadet
Necrobump ftw.

Only legit john is cold hands.
but its true ...its cold where i am and i have cold hands and i shiver like i got turrets when i get in the house and start playing but the worst and most annoying john is (i dont feel like playing) because if you are playing smash your trying regardless ami right?

LLDL

Smash Hero
Some guy named Adam on kaillera gave me a lecture because I grabbed too much. He was pissed off, and tried to convince me to combo and stuff. I humored him. But I grabbed even more after the conversation in the little chat box ended. The truth of the matter is, that is my play style in that game. Not that I can't combo, but fox has a good grab game

Battlecow

Play to Win
Lol at the malvaboom drama and the Tngasheer drama and the nephitnga drama and the dretnga drama.

That was before Tnga became HAMMERHEART. He gets along with everyone now.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Lol at the malvaboom drama and the Tngasheer drama and the nephitnga drama and the dretnga drama.

For the last time, Tnga is not HAMMERHEART, HAMMERHEART lives in pennsylvania or soemthin, not canada.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings

IKR, old kaillera drama gehehehe. They're all cool now.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
This seems oddly close to a "funny moments" thread.

And look who dug it up from 3 years ago :o

If this thread doesn't get on track really fast ima close it.. (Dmoogle might close it when he sees it anyways because of it similarity to the "funny moments thread" but I'll leave that up to him)

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Some guy named Adam on kaillera gave me a lecture because I grabbed too much. He was pissed off, and tried to convince me to combo and stuff. I humored him. But I grabbed even more after the conversation in the little chat box ended. The truth of the matter is, that is my play style in that game. Not that I can't combo, but fox has a good grab game
Ehm for people like you i drill. i am a kirby main but i DONT DRILL to kill, but when someone start to playing dirty with me i dont have another choice.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
If that's your style, you don't have to take advices from nobody, (if that style works for you)
however... Fox... good grab game??
IMO that's one of the worsts grabs in the game.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Trolling in kailera:

[hosting:
1. put items on purposely, NEVER LOSE ("wtf why are there items *leave*)
2. pick a stage that isn't hyrule or dreamland (this does not work with professionals.)
3. use the kick command rapidly
4. kick someone when you are losing

hosting/in host's game:

1. Foreign foxes (gogogogojajajajaja)
2. lose terribly and still say you won (OMG THIS GUY IS TERRIBLE IM JUST TOO GOOD)
3. blame your character ("lol not my main :awesome:" "lol fox sucks" :awesome:)
4. blame his character ("FALCON IS GAY PICK SOMEONE ELSE" :mad:)
5. blame the lag (OMG LAGLAGLAGLAGLAGLAG)
6. Fake DS (lol ds)
7. :troll: pikachu (umad?)
8. :troll: kirby (uevenmadder?)
9. camp the whole match (PANSY, COME GET ME)
10. spam projectiles the whole match, whlist camping (EVEN MORE OF A PANSY ROFL)
11. spam projectiles, taunt like a ******, camp and RUN away if he starts to approach (LOL *** CANT GET ME)
12. leave a game in-match
13. leave a game in-match then say something in the main chat about lag or some kind of ******** john

trolling with a certain character:

pikachu
1.play on dreamland or hyrule
2. if on dreamland, spam bairs whilst standing in one posistion.
3. if on hyrule, grab alot, and i mean alot.
4. either or, spam utilt and space your fairs terribly.

fox
1. play on dreamland or hyrule
2. spam lasers
3. uses tilts in a ******** fashion, spam the dash attack occasionally.
4. use dair alot and have terrible spacing.
5. use fair alot and..have terrible spacing.

Kirby
2. spam utilt
3. spam even more utilt
4. do cheap gimps
5. spam fsmash like a ******
6. spam final cutter..like a ******

Falcon
2. grab around like a moron
3. if you get a grab, spam uair, like a moron
4. throw out any random falcon punch at any given moment
5. ignore all movesets of falcon except usmash,uair, b, fthrow, and dair.

Mario
2. spam mario fireball and camp
3. attempt to be cool by spamming dairs even though you're ****ing 100 feet away. :glare:
4. if your cool self happens to hit, use mario tornado, like a ******.

teams (hosting/in host's game)
1. sandbag profusely the whole game and blame your partner for sucking (LOL MY PARTNER SUCKS)
2. spam attacks randomly and blame your partner for getting in the way after he dies (****** LEARN TO DODGE MY ATTACKS JEEZ)
3. attack the same person your partner is attacking and mess up everything (GET OUT OF MY WAY GOD ****ING LOSER)
4. do absoulutley nothing.
5. share stocks without asking (umad? :troll:)
6. share stocks without asking and then suicide (uevenmadder? :troll:)
7. share stocks without asking, kill your partner, then suicide (MAXIUM TROLLING :troll:)
8. don't turn team attack on (wtf why isn't team attack on, noobs. *leave*)
9. pick either kirby :troll: or pikachu :troll:, have partner pick either or.

main chat:
1. act like a ****** (*xboxlive talk here*)
2. act like a scrub (i'm so good, you guys just suck, i don't even need to play you)
3. act like a ****** scrub (i'm SOOOOO GOOOODDDDD OMG NOONE CAN BEAT ME)
4. troll profusely (lol this server is gay and smash64 people need to get a life.)
5. be an attention ***** (HEY EVERYONE, I KNOW YOU MISSED ME, YOUR KING IS HERE)
6. ask ******** questions (how do i make a game?)
7. go into peoples chat for no reason and spam (NASDJNAJKNFJKDANDJKLA)
8. pretend that a chat is a game and spam (GOGOGO)
9.put on a clan tag that you are not in
10. join a game, right when the game starts, leave. :troll:
11. talk about your record in smash, meaning how many wins and loses you have, because people really care about how many wins you have and how many losses, if anyone objects, play them, then do anything in the section hosting or hosting/in host's game. then finally, do anything above.
12. GOD ROCKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom