• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

D

Deleted member

Since I'm always willing to participate in anything that allows me to raise the popularity and demand of Mother (even if by just a really small bit) then I immediately took the survey. Specially in 2019 with Mother's 30th anniversary coming on July.

On a different note, I rewatched the most recent Nintendo direct and I think they said that Joker would be released before the end of April. Meaning that once we get more information about Joker or we get to see him fully release for download we will see the next character (possibly of boy Ninten as "brave") be the next announced fighter for DLC. (Though with little to no gameplay, no gameplay being the most possible outcome).
I agree.

I do think Ninten could be brave, but, unless brave doesn't get revealed until E3 (which I doubt), I have a gut feeling that Ninten and Porky will be revealed at E3, alongside a Mother trilogy remake.

Boy do I hope my gut feeling is true lmao

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Wait The Anigriffin The Anigriffin when you say Claus, do you mean Claus or the Masked Man?
Both to be honest. When I say Claus I mean the general character which includes MM.

I have many faves but Toko,Chiaki,Sonia and Himiko are the firsts that come to mind.
Wasn't a huge fan of Toko at first, but Despair Girls really sold me on her character. I know that UDG isn't the fan favorite but I'd actually really like UDG2. (Curse V3 for teasing without delivering)

Last edited:

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
Would've been kinda cool if they had at least made Claus a real alternate character in the same vein as Alph. They would literally just need a clip of Xander saying "Claus" and to change the hair around a bit.

D

Deleted member

Would've been kinda cool if they had at least made Claus a real alternate character in the same vein as Alph. They would literally just need a clip of Xander saying "Claus" and to change the hair around a bit.
That really would've been a cool idea.

Now I want that to happen lol...

But, if Ninten is DLC, then I would definitely be happy enough

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I actually thought that that was a plausible thing that could happen since they didn't show off the Claus skin until the final demo was put out.

Still kinda sad about it but maybe alts weren't a priority.

D

Deleted member

If the Mother trilogy is remade, which game would y'all be looking forward to playing the most?

D

Deleted member

The first game,by far. The other 2 are fine and don't need a remake in my opinion,but if the trilogy is somehow remade,I'd play the first game immediately
If the trilogy is remade, you bet I'm playing them chronologically

D

Deleted member

If a Mother trilogy is remade, I just hope to see a lot of gameplays of youtubers and streamers to play it and give it free publicity.
Same. It would be best if it were an E3 announcement, which I think will happen.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I wonder what will happen to Mother 3 now, since Reggie seemed to be the man to bring it over to the West if anyone was going to. Makes me wonder if Doug Bowser is aware of the game's support.

Man it's gonna be weird saying Doug instead of Reggie from now on.

D

Deleted member

I wonder what will happen to Mother 3 now, since Reggie seemed to be the man to bring it over to the West if anyone was going to. Makes me wonder if Doug Bowser is aware of the game's support.

It will be. And, even though Reggie wasn't the person I was happiest with how he ran NoA, it is sad to see him go.

I hope Doug will answer the wishes of Mother fans. I really hope.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

Inb4 Mother 3 is announced on Reggie’s last day.

TheBeastHimself

It will be. And, even though Reggie wasn't the person I was happiest with how he ran NoA, it is sad to see him go.

I hope Doug will answer the wishes of Mother fans. I really hope.
I don't fault Reggie for not releasing Mother 3 or other games that people wanted. He's shown that he cares so much about Nintendo fans and is really dedicated in the Nintendo community, so I don't think he intentionally chose to make Mother 3 unavailable in the West. There might've been some reason that he just wasn't allowed to publicly disclose, but Reggie is a very wholesome person, so I do believe he wanted to fulfill this fan request, but just never could for whatever the reason may be.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't fault Reggie for not releasing Mother 3 or other games that people wanted. He's shown that he cares so much about Nintendo fans and is really dedicated in the Nintendo community, so I don't think he intentionally chose to make Mother 3 unavailable in the West. There might've been some reason that he just wasn't allowed to publicly disclose, but Reggie is a very wholesome person, so I do believe he wanted to fulfill this fan request, but just never could for whatever the reason may be.
"You can't localize Mother 3. No."

"But, EarthBound has some stuff that could be "controversial", too. Why?"

"We don't care, we said no."

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
"You can't localize Mother 3. No."

"But, EarthBound has some stuff that could be "controversial", too. Why?"

"We don't care, we said no."
Honestly it might also have something with Itoi for all we know.

Feeling pretty good about this year though.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ns_in_yumenikki_-dream_diary-_today_on_switch

Dang, even Yume Nikki can get a remake these days.

Reggie: "Mother 1, 2 and 3 remakes are alREGGIE in the works"

I'm so funny.
Too soon, man.

Honestly it might also have something with Itoi for all we know.

Feeling pretty good about this year though.
Yeah, if the guy feels like seeing Mother being remade, he would have to be asked to give the go. Otherwise, I'm not expecting anything to happen.

Last edited:

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
The thing is that Earthbound controversial topics can easily be sugar coated (in fact the localized Mother 2 is indeed sugar coated) (Although that part near the end in which Dr Andonuts literally rips the soul of Ness and his friends bodies and put them in robots is still intact). Mother 3 is more difficult to sugar coat because the "controversial" topics are part of the main storyline. Don't get me wrong,I don't want it to be sugar coated but supposedly this is the reason they won't bring the game to the west.

And that is not a Yume Nikki remake,it's a sequel approved by the creator (and doesn't hold a candle to the first game)

D

Deleted member

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ns_in_yumenikki_-dream_diary-_today_on_switch

Dang, even Yume Nikki can get a remake these days.

Too soon, man.

Yeah, if the guy feels like seeing Mother being remade, he would have to be asked to give the go. Otherwise, I'm not expecting anything to happen.
I respectfully disagree. I'm feeling confident about a Mother trilogy remake, and it could very well be in the works right now. It's not very smart to assume right away that Reggie hasn't already given the go for it.

Reggie: "Mother 1, 2 and 3 remakes are alREGGIE in the works"

I'm so funny.
You are and I believe everything you say.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm just sayin', the only things that seem "controversial" are the Magypsies, mushrooms, and Salsa's abuse from Fassad. The violent stuff seems like the norm for America even in T-rated games, and the chimera stuff is exaggerated science fiction - and no one seems to care about bashing animal enemies in EarthBound/EarthBound Beginnings, or Pokemon. The rest of the game is a tragedy, yes, but it has some comic relief as well and I'm sure it's something teens can handle.

To address these:

1. The Magypsies are treated well; I really don't see why they'd offend anyone, unless them seeming other-worldly offends people?

2. Wild mushrooms can actually make you hallucinate, it's not like they're in the drug form

3. Salsa escapes with the help of Kumatora and Wess, and he destroys what Fassad used to torture him. You have people helping him out

...well, there's also the Reggie character, but that's just one NPC, and it depends on the person...

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I'm just sayin', the only things that seem "controversial" are the Magypsies, mushrooms, and Salsa's abuse from Fassad. The violent stuff seems like the norm for America even in T-rated games, and the chimera stuff is exaggerated science fiction - and no one seems to care about bashing animal enemies in EarthBound/EarthBound Beginnings, or Pokemon. The rest of the game is a tragedy, yes, but it has some comic relief as well and I'm sure it's something teens can handle.

To address these:

1. The Magypsies are treated well; I really don't see why they'd offend anyone, unless them seeming other-worldly offends people?

2. Wild mushrooms can actually make you hallucinate, it's not like they're in the drug form

3. Salsa escapes with the help of Kumatora and Wess, and he destroys what Fassad used to torture him. You have people helping him out

...well, there's also the Reggie character, but that's just one NPC, and it depends on the person...
Honestly a lot of the “controversial” themes people chastise Mother 3 for such as the chimeras and genderless beings are present in Undertale.

And somehow that’s on the Switch so I don’t see any problem.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
I love this:

That art is so wonderful!

Also, it really seems that's Ninten's most popular hairstyle since a lot of people draw his hair like that (the sides of the head and all that).

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo actually put Ninten looking almost exactly like in that picture, it wouldn't be the first time fans actually nail a character's design in Smash. Pokemon is a good example with Pikipek and Zoroark are good examples of this.

For all we know, maybe Nintendo might even take inspiration from the popular designs of Ninten that fans have made. Most specifically the things that are actually elements the fans gave the character like, again, the hair. (since some people do that to further make him stand out, just like how Lucas has that cool hairdo)
And that would extend to things like his color swaps and his moveset. Since we can all agree he would have PK Beam, 4th-D Slip and the Boomerang. (And maybe Powershield).
Wouldn't be surprised if people took ideas or inspiration from fan movesets that people have made.

In any case, even if they don't I would still main as Ninten no matter what. I've always been one of those people who get good at playing a character if I like and want to main that character.

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
You'd think the Magypsies would be a mere trifle compared to being able to literally screw your biological sister in FE Fates, but oh well.

Also that art makes me so happy. Instant desktop background.

D

Deleted member

Also, it really seems that's Ninten's most popular hairstyle since a lot of people draw his hair like that (the sides of the head and all that).

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo actually put Ninten looking almost exactly like in that picture, it wouldn't be the first time fans actually nail a character's design in Smash. Pokemon is a good example with Pikipek and Zoroark are good examples of this.

For all we know, maybe Nintendo might even take inspiration from the popular designs of Ninten that fans have made. Most specifically the things that are actually elements the fans gave the character like, again, the hair. (since some people do that to further make him stand out, just like how Lucas has that cool hairdo)
And that would extend to things like his color swaps and his moveset. Since we can all agree he would have PK Beam, 4th-D Slip and the Boomerang. (And maybe Powershield).
Wouldn't be surprised if people took ideas or inspiration from fan movesets that people have made.

In any case, even if they don't I would still main as Ninten no matter what. I've always been one of those people who get good at playing a character if I like and want to main that character.
I agree. No matter what design he uses I'm going to use the **** lmao.

I do think he'll either use this design or get a redesign though.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of Ninten having less range/projectile moves than Ness/Lucas. Particularly having a recovery more like Fox's/Falco's.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

That fan design was actually taken from an ad for the original game, which Itoi approved.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of Ninten having less range/projectile moves than Ness/Lucas. Particularly having a recovery more like Fox's/Falco's.
It would kinda work like Roy in a sense? Roy has the better recovery, but Chrom has a better sword. I always imagined Ninten's recovery working like Mewtwo's personally. It is what I imagined 4th d slip to be anyway.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
That fan design was actually taken from an ad for the original game, which Itoi approved.
I know this, as I said before, I meant the hair specifically, which isn't something that I believe is officially defined for Ninten. So he could have longer hair than Ness (kinda similar to Lucas, except with the hat) or have similar hair lenght as Ness. That's what I meant.

Though correct me if I'm wrong, maybe Ninten does have a clearly defined hairstyle, after all. I just would like him to be as different as possible from the other 2 Mother characters. And that applies to even the smallest things that I believe should be different, specially if he's going to be a DLC fighter.

I know the design is taken from the commercial, which later Itoi went out to make a novel describing Ninten with a similar appareance.

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
I know this, as I said before, I meant the hair specifically, which isn't something that I believe is officially defined for Ninten.
Ninten’s clay model has spiky hair compared to Ness’s rounded hair, so it’s about as close to official as we can realistically get.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
Honestly a lot of the “controversial” themes people chastise Mother 3 for such as the chimeras and genderless beings are present in Undertale.

And somehow that’s on the Switch so I don’t see any problem.
It kind of reminds me of how some people thought that EarthBound wouldn't be re-released because of the content that could be considered “Copyright Infringement” (mainly in the music), only to have the game published on the Wii U Virtual Console and Super NES Classic, both times unedited.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
It would kinda work like Roy in a sense? Roy has the better recovery, but Chrom has a better sword. I always imagined Ninten's recovery working like Mewtwo's personally. It is what I imagined 4th d slip to be anyway.
I kinda pictured it like Shiek's with an explosion.

It kind of reminds me of how some people thought that EarthBound wouldn't be re-released because of the content that could be considered “Copyright Infringement” (mainly in the music), only to have the game published on the Wii U Virtual Console and Super NES Classic, both times unedited.
This pretty much. I think people are just looking for excuses when it's probably not even the real reason.

Oh the 3DS too I believe.

D

Deleted member

There is no series like the Mother series.

Which is why I need it remade so I can technically play the same 3 games over and over again, but in a different style.

TheBeastHimself

The other day my sister was crapping on EarthBound hard

She was watching me play and she goes "all you do is press the a button and you don't even get to see your characters in battle". Absolutely disrespectful

Top Bottom