• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Back on topic here. Vergeben's credibility is almost dead and Hitagi is an absolute joke. There are no credible leaks anymore. Ninten can very easily get in.
We're certainly not in the doomed timeline yet.

I forgot one thing.

Ninten uses his flashdark to blind people and make their eyes bleed, followed by strangling them with a rope.

Ninten will be the most rated M Smash character and will raise the age rating.
I'm afeared.

D

Deleted member

Y'know, the LoZ Link's Awakening remake really does look like how a lot of people imagine a Mother trilogy remake would look...

In fact, in the LA remake reveal trailer, several people pointed out in the comment section how they would love a remake of the Mother series in that same art style.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Y'know, the LoZ Link's Awakening remake really does look like how a lot of people imagine a Mother trilogy remake would look...

In fact, in the LA remake reveal trailer, several people pointed out in the comment section how they would love a remake of the Mother series in that same art style.
Yeah, though more clay-like and less plastic-like imo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

yeah, I just imagine Mother looking like its official clay models.

this could work too though.
Huh, that's a good point.

Like Mad Duck Mad Duck pointed out, Link in the LA remake looks like Ninten, Ness, and Lucas lol.

WAIT WHERE

Last edited by a moderator:

FerrousFarron

Smash Cadet
To be honest, I've always hated the suggestion of making a remake in claymation style, it would just be...really ugly. But maybe that's just because I find the clay models themselves to look kinda janky.

I've typically been pretty opposed to a 3D remake in general (I always felt it would ruin the feel and aesthetic of the games), but I could live with it if they did it in the style of the new LoZ game. That wouldn't really be that bad at all.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Speaking of how Link's Awakening looks. Not only does it have REALLY if not perfectly similar artstyle as the artstyle used to portray the Mother cast in Smash, it's also a remake of a very, VERY old game that I'm sure not many people have played or expected to see, specially the newer generation.

This is no solid reason, but I once talked about how I could see Nintendo remaking Mother 1, 2 and 3 to introduce it to the audience that likes cute games like Animal Crossing and/or RPG's like Bowser's Inside Story.
Since Nintendo decided to remake Link's Awakening and introduce it to both old and new gamers, I could see them wanting to make a remake a cute, more colorful RPG like Mother for those audiences, instead of expecting them to purchase a serious anime SRPG like FE (No offense of FE, I like FE. In fact, my favorite is Awakening).

This would mean we would not get a Mother trilogy or a Mother 3 localization right away, since it would be impossible to expect 3 fricking games announced together and in 3D. But we would get to see Mother 1 in 3D and completely improved, with the potential to use the engine and assets to create Mother 2 and 3 in the future.

Wouldn't be hard to believe considering we how they keep making New Super Mario Bros games, despite not being new anymore, or them using the same Engine from the Ocarina of Time remake on the 3Ds to make a Majora's Mask remake. Or how they used the same console and engine to make 2 gens of Pokemon in the same console... twice (gen 4 and 5 with the Ds and gen 6 and 7 with the 3Ds).

And hey, if they remade Mother 1, I could see them putting a bit more of story, cutscenes and content. Maybe add the battle mechanics that Mother 2 and 3 have. (And yes, this means that we would also get our boy in a redesign)

So yeah, my point is that, if they decided to bring an old game and remake it to introduce it to both old and new audiences then I don't see it as much of a stretch to them wanting to do the same for Mother in the future, it's not like Itoi doesn't want Nintendo to use his characters or anything. He's much more willing to let Nintendo use his characters than Game Freak was with the Smash Pokemon amiibos in Mario Maker, which didn't have their cries or victory themes.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
To be honest, I've always hated the suggestion of making a remake in claymation style, it would just be...really ugly. But maybe that's just because I find the clay models themselves to look kinda janky.

I've typically been pretty opposed to a 3D remake in general (I always felt it would ruin the feel and aesthetic of the games), but I could live with it if they did it in the style of the new LoZ game. That wouldn't really be that bad at all.
I was kinda against it at well for a while, but after seeing the new Link's Awakening, I'd be completely okay with it, especially if the originals are still available to play.

Speaking of how Link's Awakening looks. Not only does it have REALLY if not perfectly similar artstyle as the artstyle used to portray the Mother cast in Smash, it's also a remake of a very, VERY old game that I'm sure not many people have played or expected to see, specially the newer generation.

This is no solid reason, but I once talked about how I could see Nintendo remaking Mother 1, 2 and 3 to introduce it to the audience that likes cute games like Animal Crossing and/or RPG's like Bowser's Inside Story.
Since Nintendo decided to remake Link's Awakening and introduce it to both old and new gamers, I could see them wanting to make a remake a cute, more colorful RPG like Mother for those audiences, instead of expecting them to purchase a serious anime SRPG like FE (No offense of FE, I like FE. In fact, my favorite is Awakening).

This would mean we would not get a Mother trilogy or a Mother 3 localization right away, since it would be impossible to expect 3 fricking games announced together and in 3D. But we would get to see Mother 1 in 3D and completely improved, with the potential to use the engine and assets to create Mother 2 and 3 in the future.

Wouldn't be hard to believe considering we how they keep making New Super Mario Bros games, despite not being new anymore, or them using the same Engine from the Ocarina of Time remake on the 3Ds to make a Majora's Mask remake. Or how they used the same console and engine to make 2 gens of Pokemon in the same console... twice (gen 4 and 5 with the Ds and gen 6 and 7 with the 3Ds).

And hey, if they remade Mother 1, I could see them putting a bit more of story, cutscenes and content. Maybe add the battle mechanics that Mother 2 and 3 have. (And yes, this means that we would also get our boy in a redesign)

So yeah, my point is that, if they decided to bring an old game and remake it to introduce it to both old and new audiences then I don't see it as much of a stretch to them wanting to do the same for Mother in the future, it's not like Itoi doesn't want Nintendo to use his characters or anything. He's much more willing to let Nintendo use his characters than Game Freak was with the Smash Pokemon amiibos in Mario Maker, which didn't have their cries or victory themes.
I feel like the trilogy with all three original games this year would be the most likely, but I honestly wouldn't be shocked if this was originally an engine developed for Mother initially with LA being a sort of "test" game. Bit tinfoil hatty, but I don't see a huge leap there.

Mother 1 remade though? Sign me the hell up!

D

Deleted member

but I honestly wouldn't be shocked if this was originally an engine developed for Mother initially with LA being a sort of "test" game. Bit tinfoil hatty, but I don't see a huge leap there.
This is something a friend of mine who's also a Mother fan brought up, and I don't think it's a huge leap either.

They literally made link look like a Mother character too when he hasn't before.

I dunno, after LoZ LA was revealed, I just have this gut feeling of the Mother trilogy being remade...

Zeox

Smash Champion
I dunno, after LoZ LA was revealed, I just have this gut feeling of the Mother trilogy being remade...
I sadly feel the opposite, since Link have that Mother look, Nintendo making 2 games at the same time with similar styles would be pretty weird, so I feel like a Mother trilogy remade have less of a chance.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I just thought of something that probably means nothing, but I felt like I should post this weird thought here anyway.

So there's this whole rumor going around with the Mii Swordfighter and Duck Hunt characters possibly having their assest being used for possible DLC characters. I'm not 100% on board with it as Bowser Jr. would also probably be pretty glitchy as well as one of the taller Sword users since Joker being based off of someone like Roy makes a bit more sense than a big headed Mii, but it did get me thinking of something.

Has anyone here thought of the possibility of Ninten using his bat in most of his moveset like a melee weapon? I mean, you can't really unequip items in EB0 now that I think about it. It could also separate him a bit more from Ness. Link uses a boomerang still despite mostly using his sword, so his psychic abilities, boomerangs, and slingshots could still be used.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
so yeah I saw a guy in the youtube comments of Nintendo's Link's Awakening video (or maybe one of GameXplain's, I forgot) say that the doorknob from Mother 3 is in the game.

I'm sure it was a joke though because doors :shades:

I just thought of something that probably means nothing, but I felt like I should post this weird thought here anyway.

So there's this whole rumor going around with the Mii Swordfighter and Duck Hunt characters possibly having their assest being used for possible DLC characters. I'm not 100% on board with it as Bowser Jr. would also probably be pretty glitchy as well as one of the taller Sword users since Joker being based off of someone like Roy makes a bit more sense than a big headed Mii, but it did get me thinking of something.

Has anyone here thought of the possibility of Ninten using his bat in most of his moveset like a melee weapon? I mean, you can't really unequip items in EB0 now that I think about it. It could also separate him a bit more from Ness. Link uses a boomerang still despite mostly using his sword, so his psychic abilities, boomerangs, and slingshots could still be used.

Thoughts?
I think Bowser Jr. isn't glitchy because Piranha Plant was finished up and is more-polished, but of course this is all just a theory and we won't have anything to prove it until Joker is released, and that's if Mii Swordfighter stuff is in his files like Bowser Jr. stuff was in Piranha Plant's.

The Ninten stuff sounds good.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Thoughts?
It would be in character for Ninten to use his bat a lot more than Ness. Anything for people to not see him as just a palette swap of Ness.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
so yeah I saw a a guy in the youtube comments of Nintendo's Link's Awakening video (or maybe one of GameXplain's, I forgot) say that the doorknob from Mother 3 is in the game.

I'm sure it was a joke though because doors :shades:

I think Bowser Jr. isn't glitchy because Piranha Plant was finished up and is more-polished, but of course this is all just a theory and we won't have anything to prove it until Joker is released, and that's if Mii Swordfighter stuff is in his files like Bowser Jr. stuff was in Piranha Plant's.

The Ninten stuff sounds good.
I'd die if the doorknob was in the Link's Awakening remake, but if you do find out for certain could you let me know?

Hmm... Fair point on PP. Though, I must ask, was Joker/Jack in the files with PP? Or was he added with Brave? I can't remember...

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!

Thoughts?
I agree with RileyXY1 RileyXY1 . I feel like it's necessary for Ninten to be differentiated as much as possible from Ness if he gets in. In my eyes, it doesn't matter if he gets an updated design. If they're going to stay true to the character (like the Smash team does with everyone on the roster), he's still going to look similar to Ness regardless of whether or not he has a bandana or his hat turned a different way. Smash is his chance to prove to everyone that he isn't just a carbon copy of Ness (even though it should be the other way around). I think the bat is a great idea, and just having different animations from Ness and Lucas along with his own PSI abilities is enough to differentiate him in my eyes.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'd die if the doorknob was in the Link's Awakening remake, but if you do find out for certain could you let me know?

Hmm... Fair point on PP. Though, I must ask, was Joker/Jack in the files with PP? Or was he added with Brave? I can't remember...
Jack was in the files along with Plant and Brave; last I recall, a dataminer was looking through the plant's and saw Bowser Jr. stuff. I don't think anything like that was found in Jack's and Brave's, but it could be because of how the devs do this stuff. I guess we'll just have to see if Joker borrows from anyone.

If the doorknob is in the game, I will post the news.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Jack was in the files along with Plant and Brave; last I recall, a dataminer was looking through the plant's and saw Bowser Jr. stuff. I don't think anything like that was found in Jack's and Brave's, but it could be because of how the devs do this stuff. I guess we'll just have to see if Joker borrows from anyone.

If the doorknob is in the game, I will post the news.
I guess I was mostly asking if Joker was added in an update like Brave was. I remember hearing that Brave was, but wasn't positive on Jack...

And thanks!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I guess I was mostly asking if Joker was added in an update like Brave was. I remember hearing that Brave was, but wasn't positive on Jack...

And thanks!
Oh; I'm not really sure, though I do remember them saying something about the data for them being added in updates, maybe even different updates, but I just remember people learning about both of them at the same time.

You're welcome.

D

Deleted member

I sadly feel the opposite, since Link have that Mother look, Nintendo making 2 games at the same time with similar styles would be pretty weird, so I feel like a Mother trilogy remade have less of a chance.
Really? That's the complete opposite of how I feel.

It's a gut feeling of mine after seeing the art style. People even said they could make a Mother trilogy remake more clay-like rather than plastic-like, so there's the chance they could do that and they wouldn't be the exact same. Even though I like the art style of the LA remake, they, again, could make a Mother remake more clay-like.

Plus, some people have a theory that the LA remake is almost like a test game for a Mother trilogy remake

Zeox

Smash Champion
Really? That's the complete opposite of how I feel.

It's a gut feeling of mine after seeing the art style. People even said they could make a Mother trilogy remake more clay-like rather than plastic-like, so there's the chance they could do that and they wouldn't be the exact same. Even though I like the art style of the LA remake, they, again, could make a Mother remake more clay-like.

Plus, some people have a theory that the LA remake is almost like a test game for a Mother trilogy remake
Well... actually and now that I think about it, it wouldn't be the first time Nintendo does something like this...
SI_Wii_KirbyEpicYarn_enGB_image1600w.jpg

yoshiwiiudifference.png

Zeox

Smash Champion
Exactly!

I have a hunch too that Ninten and Porky will be revealed at E3 (one of them as one of the 5 DLC characters in wave 1, the other as an individual character like Piranha Plant) alongside a Mother trilogy remake reveal.
The thing is, if they were really working on a Mother Trilogy Remake, there is NO WAY it would be released the exact day of the anniversary, they can announce and release a game so fast, so, if anything, they would announce it the day of the anniversary, but we would had to wait for 2020 or something like that.
This is of course what I think, I may be totally wrong.
We all may be wrong and Nintendo doesn't do absolutely anything Mother related...

D

Deleted member

The thing is, if they were really working on a Mother Trilogy Remake, there is NO WAY it would be released the exact day of the anniversary, they can announce and release a game so fast, so, if anything, they would announce it the day of the anniversary, but we would had to wait for 2020 or something like that.
This is of course what I think, I may be totally wrong.
We all may be wrong and Nintendo doesn't do absolutely anything Mother related...
Oh, I only said revealed.

And who knows, they may even have gotten a good amount of work done on it.

Sure, it's possible there isn't anything Mother related this year, but I find that unlikely. Don't lose hope! :)

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Well... actually and now that I think about it, it wouldn't be the first time Nintendo does something like this...
View attachment 192654
View attachment 192655
As I said before, they've done this for a while. New Super Mario Bros being used to make like 5 games already, despite not being new. Gens of Pokemon using the same console and engine to make the next one, like gen 1 and 2 with the gameboy and 6 and 7 with the 3Ds. Fire Emblem Fates using Awakening as a base and so on.

I do believe they're willing to recycle assets to make a Mother remake, they might change things like lighting, camera angle and maybe the proportions of the characters a bit. All of those small change to reshape it into a completely different game.
I can see them toning down the lighting reflection that everything has on Link's Awakening, for example.

But yeah, I don't find it THAT hard to believe they would do something like that. And if it allows them to make a new game with recycled assets and sell it to new audiences unfamiliar with the game while also pleasing Mother fans then I would see it as a possibility.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Probably you all saw this a million times, so let's make it a million and one times ;)

To be honest, I would be happy even if it was just a port of the 3 games, yeah remakes would me amazing but with just a switch collection I can be happy...
The thing I would like the most about a remake is new remixes of the soundtrack.

I remember how Samus Returns had unlockable stuff with the amiibos, like concept art and soundtrack, would be cool if you could use Amiibos of Ninten, Ness and Lucas to unlock concept art of their respectives games... or if is a remake, with the amiibos you could unlock the original games.
With a Mother trilogy in the Switch, the franchise would become more mainstream, maybe then it would be more easy to find shirts and plushies of Mother, and after that, an animated movie by studio Ghibli, and then we take control of the world and force everyone to paint their houses blue to be happy.

D

Deleted member

Probably you all saw this a million times, so let's make it a million and one times ;)

To be honest, I would be happy even if it was just a port of the 3 games, yeah remakes would me amazing but with just a switch collection I can be happy...
The thing I would like the most about a remake is new remixes of the soundtrack.

I remember how Samus Returns had unlockable stuff with the amiibos, like concept art and soundtrack, would be cool if you could use Amiibos of Ninten, Ness and Lucas to unlock concept art of their respectives games... or if is a remake, with the amiibos you could unlock the original games.
With a Mother trilogy in the Switch, the franchise would become more mainstream, maybe then it would be more easy to find shirts and plushies of Mother, and after that, an animated movie by studio Ghibli, and then we take control of the world and force everyone to paint their houses blue to be happy.
Wow...I have to thank you for making it a million and one times because I have never seen that before...

...this just hit me. The nostalgia, the music, and the animation...just...how can you achieve such without being Nintendo...

...but wow...that was magnificent...

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408

I don't remember watching this, this is beautiful! Thank you for sharing this!

Don't get me wrong, I would not mind just a port of all 3 games. I just think the series (specially Mother 1, being on the Famicom and NES) deserves to get remakes. So whether it looks like this or that, I think it would look wonderful.
And the idea of the amiibos unlocking the original games sounds great!
I could also see them maybe not only doing that, but maybe have you unlock a mode in the menu that replaces all the songs, PSI effects and sound effects to the ones from the original games. And while Mother 1 does not have PSI animations (since they might want to use the blue, white and red stripe shirt for Ninten to make him stand out from Ness) having his amiibo would not only replace the music and sound effects to the ones from the original game, but it would also reskin Ninten to make him look like how he looked in his clay Model.

Now that I think about it, that's a great way for them to use the Ness and Lucas amiibo! If Ninten is DLC with an amiibo for him later then I would totally see a remake of Mother announced in the future!

Also, I personally see the battles in a Mother remake having the same camera that Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Battle Revolution had. Though with the effects being more similar to how they appear in Smash. Whether it ends up looking like that or differently, I'm pretty sure I would enjoy playing through it.

Last edited:

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I honestly don't want a remake of the EarthBound trilogy. I'd prefer more of an update, almost like a patch. EBB could actually use an overhaul not gonna lie, probably to bring the game to life in 16 bit graphics and sound, as well as a balance patch. EB, maybe change the battle UI to look a little cleaner like Mother 3. Mother 3, zoom the screen out a tad and remove the gba's audio butchering awfulness.

The art style and script are so important to the way I perceive these games I have a hard time imagining them any other way.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I honestly don't want a remake of the EarthBound trilogy. I'd prefer more of an update, almost like a patch. EBB could actually use an overhaul not gonna lie, probably to bring the game to life in 16 bit graphics and sound, as well as a balance patch. EB, maybe change the battle UI to look a little cleaner like Mother 3. Mother 3, zoom the screen out a tad and remove the gba's audio butchering awfulness.

The art style and script are so important to the way I perceive these games I have a hard time imagining them any other way.
We all have different opinions, and showing our visions of a remake through text does not manage to fully give the full picture in some cases. At least we both agree that Mother 1 does need to be updated from the NES status.

Honestly, when it comes to remakes of Nintendo, I think Nintendo has always done a great job and remaking old games. Just like at Ocarina and Majora, for example. Or gen 2 and 3.
Sure, the original games do carry the essence of nostalgia, but since a remake would mean Itoi would be getting the final say how things are done and how they look, I'm pretty sure a remake of all 3 games (potentially) do sound like something I'm pretty sure all of us would enjoy. Since it would have the man himself making sure the game keeps its essence.

But I do respect your opinion and I would be okay with just all 3 games being on the Switch with Mother 1 looking the same as Mother 2 and 3.
Who knows? Maybe we'll get a remake in the form of how Bowser's Inside Story on the 3Ds looks instead. With it just being pretty much the same game but with more detailed sprites (as in the sprites have more pixels).

I would be up for anything as long as Mother 1 gets to be upgraded from the NES state.

D

Deleted member

The more we go on, the more hyped I get for the LoZ LA remake, and the possibility of the Mother games getting remade in the same art style lol

TheBeastHimself

Not sure if this is a must-have for anyone else, but if we ever get HD Mother ports, I want to actually be able to see my characters and their attacks. I don't mind how battles are now, but it would be a little silly in a brand new game if battle sequences are still left to your imagination with a flash of light representing your attacks.

D

Deleted member

Not sure if this is a must-have for anyone else, but if we ever get HD Mother ports, I want to actually be able to see my characters and their attacks. I don't mind how battles are now, but it would be a little silly in a brand new game if battle sequences are still left to your imagination with a flash of light representing your attacks.
That is an interesting idea.

I kinda feel though that the idea of the battle systems from the previous game should stay the same, only differences being, of course, the higher quality graphics and sounds.

Again though, interesting idea.

TheBeastHimself

That is an interesting idea.

I kinda feel though that the idea of the battle systems from the previous game should stay the same, only differences being, of course, the higher quality graphics and sounds.

Again though, interesting idea.
I just want to know if the reason we only got to see the enemy on a psychedelic background in the old Mother games is because of technical limitations because if that was the case then things might change. However, I know what you mean. How the battle system is now is sorta a staple of the series so I'd be fine really with whatever they decide to do.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
I just want to know if the reason we only got to see the enemy on a psychedelic background in the old Mother games is because of technical limitations because if that was the case then things might change. However, I know what you mean. How the battle system is now is sorta a staple of the series so I'd be fine really with whatever they decide to do.
Well, as I said, maybe they could go for a small approach at Pokemon Stadium and Battle Revolution. Where the camera changes view to the character when they're making an attack, and if it is something like a projectile or anything non physical it first shows the caster doing the attack and then the character receiving the attack.
But of course, when there's no one attacking eachother just yet, it has the same view as that of the original games, showing the enemy you're facing.
Though the one thing I'm wondering is that if they'll still keep the Mother backgrounds. Then again, if they're gonna go for the colorful, cartooning artstyle that Mother and LA has then I wouldn't see it as something too weird.

I'll be honest, I never thought of a Mother remake and how the heck would it look like in the first place, but now I actually start seeing it as a realizable game that looks good and colorful and also keeps the essence of the original games.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Gettin a little sick of random rumors popping up that probably means nothing and only exists to make people hyper for no reason.

Any opinions on this though?

Attachments

Top Bottom