• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Did they officially say that like they did with a game that would "make fans happy"? Or is it just a rumor?
It's very vague. So vague that not even the vastness of the ocean can match its vagueness.
I got nothing else. A friend pinged it to me on Discord asking for my thoughts.

Though my first thought is "Can these random vague rumors please go away, they're making me anxious over literally nothing."

D

Deleted member

I got nothing else. A friend pinged it to me on Discord asking for my thoughts.

Though my first thought is "Can these random vague rumors please go away, they're making me anxious over literally nothing."
Yeah, lol. Since it's just a rumor and not something Nintendo officially said, I'm going to have to write it off.

We do have an official statement from Nintendo about the game that would "make fans happy" though.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Yeah, lol. Since it's just a rumor and not something Nintendo officially said, I'm going to have to write it off.

We do have an official statement from Nintendo about the game that would "make fans happy" though.
Only thing I can think is EB64 or a Metroid game that a friend brought up. But with nothing but that vague Reddit post, I don't even know if it's a genuine Nintendo rumor or not. Guess we just have to wait.

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
Gettin a little sick of random rumors popping up that probably means nothing and only exists to make people hyper for no reason.

Any opinions on this though?
Meh,and if it's true is probably that Kirby gamecube game that got cancelled.

Also I saw this exact rumor but it was written as "Nintendo plans to revive an old and buried game/series". I'm not expecting anything though.

D

Deleted member

So, I found the source of this rumor, and it's from Imran Khan, who I do not find reliable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Howdy everybody!
I am new to this whole smashboards/support threads!
I am not gonna lie, I mostly only signed in to this whole thing, just so I could support Conker and keep his thread alive cuz (just like TheBeastHimself TheBeastHimself ) I so want him in the game, and unfortunately he happens to be really underrated (when it comes to Smash support) and unlikely! But we're doing the best we can to give him power, Nintendo Power that is (after all that's what this threads are about)!

Anyway, I only read a bit of page 52 and 53
This was probably already discussed by alot of you guys but what the hell, I'll ask it anyway, without wanting to sound like a partypooper, was there ever a confirmation of Nintendo that spirits deconfirm characters?
Alot of people say yes, and others say no, well which one is it, folks?

By the way, with the 30th anniversary of the Mother series being this year, and Earthbound Begginings a.k.a. Mother 1 being the one that started it all (and also the one that had your precious boy Ninten as the protagonist), what do you guys think are the odds of a remake of that game being released maybe at the end of this year (also considering the fact that nowadays, we're pretty much at the golden age of videogame remakes)???

Just imagine it, Ninten's chances of going to Smash, will suddenly increase dramatically (which would be golden news for you guys)!

But if that happens, I hope its art style will be just as beautifull and colourfull as the one of the recently announced remake of Link's Awakening!

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Howdy everybody!
I am not gonna lie, I mostly only signed in to this whole thing, just so I could support Conker and keep his thread alive cuz (just like TheBeastHimself TheBeastHimself ) I so want him in the game, and unfortunately he happens to be really underrated (when it comes to Smash support) and unlikely! But we're doing the best we can to give him power, Nintendo Power that is (after all that's what this threads are about)!

This was probably already discussed by alot of you guys but what the hell, I'll ask it anyway, without wanting to sound like a partypooper, was there ever a confirmation of Nintendo that spirits deconfirm characters?

By the way, with the 30th anniversary of the Mother series being this year, and Earthbound Begginings a.k.a. Mother 1 being the one that started it all (and also the one that had your precious boy Ninten as the protagonist), what do you guys think are the odds of a remake of that game being released maybe at the end of this year (also considering the fact that nowadays, we're pretty much at the golden age of videogame remakes)???

Just imagine it, Ninten's chances of going to Smash, will suddenly increase dramatically (which would be golden news for you guys)!

But if that happens, I hope its art style will be just as beautifull and colourfull as the one of the recently announced remake of Link's Awakening!
There hasn’t been an outright specific statement one way or the other on if Spirits disconfirm. The closest is when Reggie said DLC characters will be ‘new to Smash’, that some (including myself) interpret to mean they haven’t been in Smash before, in any capacity. There was also the comment about characters being ‘ones you wouldn’t expect in Smash’, which would imply something similar. That’s about it though.

Imo the odds of anything Mother-related releasing this year are nearly zero.

By the way, I see you’re a fan of Gumshoe. Man of culture, you are. Welcome to the boards!

D

Deleted member

Howdy everybody!

Hello and welcome! :)

For the spirits, there has been no statement about them whether they deconfirm or not, and we don't know if they do or don't. Personally, I don't think they deconfirm.

I think a Mother trilogy remake is happening this year. My get feeling is that Ninten and Porky will be revealed at E3 (one of them as one of the 5 DLC characters in wave 1, the other as individual character like Piranha Plant), and that they will be revealed alongside a Mother remake trilogy.

Part of the reason I'm probably getting the LoZ LA remake is because of how much the artstyle would work for a remake of the Mother series (maybe a little more clay-like though, but it works perfectly either way).

And yeah, I'm pretty confident about the Mother 1 boy coming to Smash and a Mother trilogy remake this year.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Howdy everybody!

Welcome! Just a warning, I have the tendency to shout a lot of conspiracy theories here. Might be the reason we got past page 50 lulz.

There hasn't been a confirmation on spirits deconfirming and I really don't think we're going to. Saying they do or don't could potentially ruin surprises and we know how much Sakurai loves his secrets. I feel at the very least one spirit is gonna become a fighter. There's a huge catalog of fighters that have spirits so It'd be a bit of a waste if they didn't get a shot at all.

I personally feel pretty good about some kind of rerelease here. I think there's a bit evidence pointing towards it, but opinions here certainly vary.

If we don't get anything I'm gonna be pretty annoyed though not gonna lie. We at the very least deserve Mother 1 and 2 on the Switch online.

D

Deleted member

Welcome! Just a warning, I have the tendency to shout a lot of conspiracy theories here. Might be the reason we got past page 50 lulz.

There hasn't been a confirmation on spirits deconfirming and I really don't think we're going to. Saying they do or don't could potentially ruin surprises and we know how much Sakurai loves his secrets. I feel at the very least one spirit is gonna become a fighter. There's a huge catalog of fighters that have spirits so It'd be a bit of a waste if they didn't get a shot at all.

I personally feel pretty good about some kind of rerelease here. I think there's a bit evidence pointing towards it, but opinions here certainly vary.

If we don't get anything I'm gonna be pretty annoyed though not gonna lie. We at the very least deserve Mother 1 and 2 on the Switch online.
We at least deserve Ninten in Smash and a remake of the trilogy

D

Deleted member

I've wanted Claus and Ninten since I was like 12/13 and I'm in my early 20's now so honestly seeing Ninten would be a dream come true.
I would cry tears of joy forever if Ninten is confirmed and the trilogy is remade.

And I have a gut feeling that I will cry forever.

Zeox

Smash Champion
But c'mon, let's be honest, Earthbound's representation in Smash will never be complete until at least all of these characters are in:

Specially that flying man over there (Also, don't ask me what's up with Duster's face because I also don't know)

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
The series would feel a little more represented if Ness and Lucas had more color swaps referencing the party members from the three games. (I'm sorry I'm still bitter that Lucas doesn't have a Kumatora color alt)

D

Deleted member

But c'mon, let's be honest, Earthbound's representation in Smash will never be complete until at least all of these characters are in:

Specially that flying man over there (Also, don't ask me what's up with Duster's face because I also don't know)
Mother better become the new Fire Emblem in Smash or else

The series would feel a little more represented if Ness and Lucas had more color swaps referencing the party members from the three games. (I'm sorry I'm still bitter that Lucas doesn't have a Kumatora color alt)
Since Ness has a Fuel alt I think it's totally possible that Ninten could have a Kumatora alt

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
There hasn’t been an outright specific statement one way or the other on if Spirits disconfirm. The closest is when Reggie said DLC characters will be ‘new to Smash’, that some (including myself) interpret to mean they haven’t been in Smash before, in any capacity. There was also the comment about characters being ‘ones you wouldn’t expect in Smash’, which would imply something similar. That’s about it though.

Imo the odds of anything Mother-related releasing this year are nearly zero.

By the way, I see you’re a fan of Gumshoe. Man of culture, you are. Welcome to the boards!
Oh I see! Well one can still dream! And at the worst case, there might be a wave 2 DLC characters coming up!

Really, I thought it was (maybe not likely but) pretty possible! I mean, with the huge amount of success that the series gained, it will be quite a waste if we don't get at least something that's Earthbound/Mother-related to celebrate its 30th anniversary!

Thanks a lot! Yeah, I enjoyed his one and only game, and I really see so much potential with Gumshoe as a videogame series, it's too bad Nintendo never ever touched it again (They didn't even include Detective Stevenson as a spirit)! I still love to make drawings related to Gumshoe and the character (me, basically), and imagine what would have been if Nintendo developed his franchise!!!

Hello and welcome! :)

For the spirits, there has been no statement about them whether they deconfirm or not, and we don't know if they do or don't. Personally, I don't think they deconfirm.

I think a Mother trilogy remake is happening this year. My get feeling is that Ninten and Porky will be revealed at E3 (one of them as one of the 5 DLC characters in wave 1, the other as individual character like Piranha Plant), and that they will be revealed alongside a Mother remake trilogy.

Part of the reason I'm probably getting the LoZ LA remake is because of how much the artstyle would work for a remake of the Mother series (maybe a little more clay-like though, but it works perfectly either way).

And yeah, I'm pretty confident about the Mother 1 boy coming to Smash and a Mother trilogy remake this year.
Thanks!
Yeah I see!

Say, that's a good speculation! Might not be the most likely, but so wasn't Piranha Plant! And it would actually be a fair way to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Earthbound!
Since the DLC characters are going to be unexpected, you know what would be really crazy?! Imagine if Sakurai planned to not include Porky as a spirit all along, so that people would fall in the trap, and think he would be coming, and then *BAM* he adds Ninten instead, I mean if that's not unexpected than I don't know what it is!
Twist of the year! If Sakurai actually did that, he would be one of the sneakiest wise guys ever!

I agree, based on the clay models of the Earthbound characters, I'd say that the art style of Link's Awakening (where the characters even look like toy figures) is almost perfect for a Earthbound game! Since I played Pokemon let's go Pikachu (which is pretty much a remake of the yellow version), I knew the idea of an Earthbound remake would make such a cool project too!

That's the Spirit (no pun intended)! Don't forget that videogame remakes are turning out to be a big thing nowadays! Last year we had Pokemon, this year we're getting Zelda, maybe this year (so that it matches with the 30th Anniversary of the series) we can at least see a remake of the Mother series being announced for 2020!

Don't worry pal, I get that alot! Who knows?! maybe I'll be doing almost the same thing with the Conker support thread just so it can end up as successful as this one!
You've got a lot of moxy, I'll give you that!

Yeah fair point! That's actually a possibility, but it might end up being Geno (who knows?!)

Exactly! That's what I was saying! Let there be at least, some kind of celebration to one of its most memorable and successful series!

Also how would you guys feel if Giygas or Guiegue came to Smash??
If I'm not mistaken, he hasn't been included as a spirit, so I'd say he's as likely as Porky, (which is saying something)!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh I see! Well one can still dream! And at the worst case, there might be a wave 2 DLC characters coming up!

Really, I thought it was (maybe not likely but) pretty possible! I mean, with the huge amount of success that the series gained, it will be quite a waste if we don't get at least something that's Earthbound/Mother-related to celebrate its 30th anniversary!

Thanks a lot! Yeah, I enjoyed his one and only game, and I really see so much potential with Gumshoe as a videogame series, it's too bad Nintendo never ever touched it again (They didn't even include Detective Stevenson as a spirit)! I still love to make drawings related to Gumshoe and the character (me, basically), and imagine what would have been if Nintendo developed his franchise!!!

Thanks!
Yeah I see!

Say, that's a good speculation! Might not be the most likely, but so wasn't Piranha Plant! And it would actually be a fair way to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Earthbound!
Since the DLC characters are going to be unexpected, you know what would be really crazy?! Imagine if Sakurai planned to not include Porky as a spirit all along, so that people would fall in the trap, and think he would be coming, and then *BAM* he adds Ninten instead, I mean if that's not unexpected than I don't know what it is!
Twist of the year! If Sakurai actually did that, he would be one of the sneakiest wise guys ever!

I agree, based on the clay models of the Earthbound characters, I'd say that the art style of Link's Awakening (where the characters even look like toy figures) is almost perfect for a Earthbound game! Since I played Pokemon let's go Pikachu (which is pretty much a remake of the yellow version), I knew the idea of an Earthbound remake would make such a cool project too!

That's the Spirit (no pun intended)! Don't forget that videogame remakes are turning out to be a big thing nowadays! Last year we had Pokemon, this year we're getting Zelda, maybe this year (so that it matches with the 30th Anniversary of the series) we can at least see a remake of the Mother series being announced for 2020!

Don't worry pal, I get that alot! Who knows?! maybe I'll be doing almost the same thing with the Conker support thread just so it can end up as successful as this one!

Yeah fair point! That's actually a possibility, but it might end up being Geno (who knows?!)

Exactly! That's what I was saying! Let there be at least, some kind of celebration to one of its most memorable and successful series!

If I'm not mistaken, he hasn't been included as a spirit, so I'd say he's as likely as Porky, (which is saying something)!
Well, I wouldn't want Reggie to do that as a knock against Porky fans though lol.

What would be the best surprise is including both Ninten and Porky as characters and a Mother trilogy remake.

It would make me so excited (and Geno being in Smash would be a dream come true as well for me) :D

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Well, I wouldn't want Reggie to do that as a knock against Porky fans though lol.

What would be the best surprise is including both Ninten and Porky as characters and a Mother trilogy remake.

It would make me so excited (and Geno being in Smash would be a dream come true as well for me) :D
Those characters suck. They pale in comparison to the almighty Croc! Star of the critically-acclaimed Croc: Legend of the Gobbos!

#CrocforSmash...

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

I'm certainly not giving up anytime soon! I mean I've been told that I'm part of the reason the thread is past 10 pages so it'd be pretty crappy of me to completely throw in the towel. I was crowned the Lord of the Ninten defenders in Laxcord lulz.

Oh man Giegue would be so dope! My most wanted character is technically Claus, but Giegue is up there with characters I'd love, though he's sorta in the camp with Klonoa, Haxorus, and Monokuma. Would be dope as hell, but they'd probably never ever happen for differing reasons.

Those characters suck. They pale in comparison to the almighty Croc! Star of the critically-acclaimed Croc: Legend of the Gobbos!

#CrocforSmash...

That's not BEARY nice Mr. Croc. Time for PUNISHMENT!!

God I hope people actually know who Monokuma is.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I'm certainly not giving up anytime soon! I mean I've been told that I'm part of the reason the thread is past 10 pages so it'd be pretty crappy of me to completely throw in the towel. I was crowned the Lord of the Ninten defenders in Laxcord lulz.

Oh man Giegue would be so dope! My most wanted character is technically Claus, but Giegue is up there with characters I'd love, though he's sorta in the camp with Klonoa, Haxorus, and Monokuma. Would be dope as hell, but they'd probably never ever happen for differing reasons.
Of course, don't ever keep on tracking, until the job is done!!!

By the way, I found this fan-made Giygas reveal trailer!

It looks pretty neat, but what interested me the most is how detailed and impressive Giygas or Guigue's model and overall design is, for a fan made video (even the space capsule looks like it was made Nintendo too)!
I also love how they captured the true feel of the character, by making the atmosphere and his appearance really intimidating and creepy (cause that's exactly how he was supposed to be seen in the Mother games)!

And that jolly music at the beggining of the video, just makes it more twisted and sinister!:evil:
I mean, it would be really cool, but it's no wonder he was never a boss in smash, he's way too dark and demented (much like Ridley is too big)!

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
Actually I want any character just for the sake of representation,but personally I don't see myself maining characters like Giegue,Porky or Claus. The Mother newcomer I'd actually use and main would de Ninten.
God I hope people actually know who Monokuma is.
Of course,I love Danganronpa. I played the first game back when the series was pretty niche and I enjoyed it so much that I played the second game in Japanese with a guide that was on tumblr.

TheBeastHimself

Well The Anigriffin The Anigriffin I followed in your footsteps and now Conker is finally getting some acknowledgement. Lots of new supporters too! This is why we shouldn't be afraid to talk about the non-popular characters, like our boy Ninten here as well.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Actually I want any character just for the sake of representation,but personally I don't see myself maining characters like Giegue,Porky or Claus. The Mother newcomer I'd actually use and main would de Ninten.

Of course,I love Danganronpa. I played the first game back when the series was pretty niche and I enjoyed it so much that I played the second game in Japanese with a guide that was on tumblr.
I'd main Claus just because he's one of my my fave characters ever and I believe he'd have a really fun playstyle, but yeah, Ninten would be similar enough to the other two that picking him up wouldn't be that difficult. Though I also play Mewtwo quite a bit so maybe that's why I think Giegue would be a lot of fun?

Oh cool another DR fan! Out of curiosity, who's your fave character? I've gotta say Mukuro, Chiaki, and Hajime are among my personal faves.

Well The Anigriffin The Anigriffin I followed in your footsteps and now Conker is finally getting some acknowledgement. Lots of new supporters too! This is why we shouldn't be afraid to talk about the non-popular characters, like our boy Ninten here as well.
Still feels weird being known for something

Heh I'm glad he's starting to get a following! Part of me is debating on starting a Claus campaign since his support basically died, as well as a Monokuma one, but I'm gonna wait a bit. Kinda tied up with school and stuff heh...

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Heh I'm glad he's starting to get a following! Part of me is debating on starting a Claus campain since his support basically died, as well as a Monokuma one, but I'm gonna wait a bit. Kinda tied up with school and stuff heh...
When you get the chance, just go for it! You'll get the usual "that's not possible/rational" but who tf cares? It's Smash speculation, have fun and go wild.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'd main Claus just because he's one of my my fave characters ever and I believe he'd have a really fun playstyle, but yeah, Ninten would be similar enough to the other two that picking him up wouldn't be that difficult. Though I also play Mewtwo quite a bit so maybe that's why I think Giegue would be a lot of fun?

Oh cool another DR fan! Out of curiosity, who's your fave character? I've gotta say Mukuro, Chiaki, and Hajime are among my personal faves.

Still feels weird being known for something

Heh I'm glad he's starting to get a following! Part of me is debating on starting a Claus campaign since his support basically died, as well as a Monokuma one, but I'm gonna wait a bit. Kinda tied up with school and stuff heh...
These days Claus is seen as old news, the Pork is the new in thing.

It's like, imagine if people dropped support for Geno after 4 and went for Mallow instead. It's flaky, I tell you. And I say this as a former Claus supporter. I'm completely neutral on Porky, for the record.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Ninten can't be the new Mother rep (if there is one), I'd want it to be Duster, then Claus.

I love these two and I usually use the Claus alt when I play Lucas, which is often lol

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
These days Claus is seen as old news, the Pork is the new in thing.

It's like, imagine if people dropped support for Geno after 4 and went for Mallow instead. It's flaky, I tell you. And I say this as a former Claus supporter. I'm completely neutral on Porky, for the record.
Yeah, I'm honestly pretty annoyed with that especially for how popular Claus was back before Ultimate was announced. I feel like Porky got more attention due to bandwagoning which... Ugh... I mean I really don't like Porky that much (And the annoying brat in a mech/car that I wanted actually got in in smash 4 lulz) but I feel that it's kinda lame that most seem just full bore on him when Claus could add just as much as Porky could AND is a villian as well.

Though I'll admit I'm EXTREMELY biased towards him. It just makes me sad how he's thrown in the trash because someone else is "more likely."

Welp. Looks like I'll be remaking my Claus cosplay as well as my Ninten. (All my stripeds got all messed up so I gotta redo his shirt) That's certainly one way to turn heads.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, I'm honestly pretty annoyed with that especially for how popular Claus was back before Ultimate was announced. I feel like Porky got more attention due to bandwagoning which... Ugh... I mean I really don't like Porky that much (And the annoying brat in a mech/car that I wanted actually got in in smash 4 lulz) but I feel that it's kinda lame that most seem just full bore on him when Claus could add just as much as Porky could AND is a villian as well.

Though I'll admit I'm EXTREMEMLY biased towards him. It just makes me sad how he's thrown in the trash because someone else is "more likely."

Welp. Looks like I'll be remaking my Claus cosplay as well as my Ninten. (All my striped got all messed up so I gotta redo his shirt) That's certainly one way to turn heads.
You remake your Ninten and Claus cosplay

while Nintendo remakes Mother 1, Eathbound, and Mother 3

D

Deleted member

(Sorry for the double post btw, but...)

I found this over in the Isaac thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/asa97e/just_launched_the_second_state_of_switch_survey/

It's a survey about the Switch, and some questions ask you what games/series you would like to see on the Switch, and I made it clear that I want a remake of the Mother series trilogy, a remake of Super Mario RPG, and a remake of the Golden Sun trilogy, and that they would be appreciated by many, myself included of course.

If you want to fill out the survey, don't forget to make sure to say that you want a remake of the Mother trilogy (and a remake of SMRPG and the Golden Sun trilogy if you like)!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

I found this over in the Isaac thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/asa97e/just_launched_the_second_state_of_switch_survey/

It's a survey about the Switch, and some questions ask you what games/series you would like to see on the Switch, and I made it clear that I want a remake of the Mother series trilogy, a remake of Super Mario RPG, and a remake of the Golden Sun trilogy, and that they would be appreciated by many, myself included of course.

If you want to fill out the survey, don't forget to make sure to say that you want a remake of the Mother trilogy (and a remake of SMRPG and the Golden Sun trilogy if you like)!

dang I saw this and all I had on my mind was EarthBound and Banjo, I should've put SMRPG in there as well.

-tbh I should put Golden Sun too, while I'm not exactly a big fan (at least yet) I am enjoying the game so far.

Last edited:

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
Oh,it didn't ask me those questions because I was honest and I answered that I don't have a Switch so I went for completely different questions whoops.

I have many faves but Toko,Chiaki,Sonia and Himiko are the firsts that come to mind.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408

Since I'm always willing to participate in anything that allows me to raise the popularity and demand of Mother (even if by just a really small bit) then I immediately took the survey. Specially in 2019 with Mother's 30th anniversary coming on July.

On a different note, I rewatched the most recent Nintendo direct and I think they said that Joker would be released before the end of April. Meaning that once we get more information about Joker or we get to see him fully release for download we will see the next character (possibly of boy Ninten as "brave") be the next announced fighter for DLC. (Though with little to no gameplay, no gameplay being the most possible outcome).

Last edited:
Top Bottom