• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
After Magicant Ness > Ninten > Ness > Lucas
Not saying that Lucas is a bad character stat-wise
For me it's Ness > Lucas > Ninten. Ness is extremely powerful by the end of EarthBound, and Ninten's PSI is for defense which puts him at a disadvantage. Lucas is just kinda in the middle for me, I guess.

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
For me it's Ness > Lucas > Ninten. Ness is extremely powerful by the end of EarthBound, and Ninten's PSI is for defense which puts him at a disadvantage. Lucas is just kinda in the middle for me, I guess.
Well,I didn't rank them by raw power haha,I took into consideration all of their stats and how useful their PSI are. Before Magicant Ness is pretty slow and Ninten acts first in almost any fight,acting first in a RPG is a big deal for me that's why I put normal Ness below Ninten. But if we rank them by raw power then Ness is the strongest.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
That's the best feeling :D
Another good feeling is finally stepping down from being one of LaxChris's mods. Which I also did today. I feel so... Free...

I personally headcanon the characters differently than the exact stats, so I personally always thought of Lucas as being the most powerful PSI user of the three with Ness in second and Ninten in third. I have weird headcanons though so...Ignore me being a weird fangirl.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Y’all saying Lucas ain’t powerful but I don’t know if Ninten and Ness can destroy the entire world.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
It is hard to say because they all have the power of friendship, which of course is the most powerful weapon of all.

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who is not very fond of Fourside's Battlefield/Omega form? It looks like a generic city night background,there is no Monotoli Building or the helicopter to know that it's an Earthbound stage, if someone who doesn't know anything about the series asks me where this stage is from I'd lie to them saying it's the Top of the Rock from NY and I'm sure they'd believe me.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who is not very fond of Fourside's Battlefield/Omega form? It looks like a generic city night background,there is no Monotoli Building or the helicopter to know that it's an Earthbound stage, if someone who doesn't know anything about the series asks me where this stage is from I'd lie to them saying it's the Top of the Rock from NY and I'm sure they'd believe me.
I've personally never been a huge fan of the Fourside Stage in Smash even back in Melee. Might possibly be due to me being a Ness main and him being god awful on that stage, but the city night always kinda bugged me since you never see Fourside at night unless you count Moonside. I dunno, still love the music however.

Also is it too early to make terrible memes.

He's a brave boy.png

Welp. Too late.

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
I've personally never been a huge fan of the Fourside Stage in Smash even back in Melee. Might possibly be due to me being a Ness main and him being god awful on that stage, but the city night always kinda bugged me since you never see Fourside at night unless you count Moonside. I dunno, still love the music however.
Yeah I love the music,the new Fourside remix is probably my favorite music in the game

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Okay I remember reading a list of fan requests for Brawl that Sakurai made public. I think fatmanonice posted it in another thread, but does anyone here know what I'm talking about? I lost the link for it and am kinda curious about it again.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I’m not fond of Battlefield/Omega forms period. That’s one feature I certainly hope they cut for the next game.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay I remember reading a list of fan requests for Brawl that Sakurai made public. I think fatmanonice posted it in another thread, but does anyone here know what I'm talking about? I lost the link for it and am kinda curious about it again.
I'll summon Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , to see if he recalls that.

I’m not fond of Battlefield/Omega forms period. That’s one feature I certainly hope they cut for the next game.
Real men fight in stages with their original forms!

D

Deleted member

Hey, I love the Fourside Stage, in any form :D

I love all the Mother stages too

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Okay, I did find this thread here, and I'm assuming everything on the post is correct.

https://smashboards.com/threads/characters-on-sakurais-poll.71872/

There's actually quite a few EB characters listed on here to my surprise. Jeff, Claus, and Lucas are listed twice, while Kumatora, Paula, Poo, and our boy Ninten are on there once. Porky and Giygas are absent here. Interesting.

Let's see...

Lucas - Playable
Claus - Alt Skin
Jeff - Assist Trophy
Kumatora - Luc's Final Smash
Paula - Ness's Final Smash
Poo - Ness's Final Smash
Ninten - A background appearance on a stage

Last one kinda sounds like a downgrade to me compared to the rest, though I find it kinda interesting that Ninten and Claus made it on the poll, but Porky and Giygas didn't. It sounds like to me that Sakurai's had the boy on his mind for a while at least.

D

Deleted member

Okay, I did find this thread here, and I'm assuming everything on the post is correct.

https://smashboards.com/threads/characters-on-sakurais-poll.71872/

There's actually quite a few EB characters listed on here to my surprise. Jeff, Claus, and Lucas are listed twice, while Kumatora, Paula, Poo, and our boy Ninten are on there once. Porky and Giygas are absent here. Interesting.

Let's see...

Lucas - Playable
Claus - Alt Skin
Jeff - Assist Trophy
Kumatora - Luc's Final Smash
Paula - Ness's Final Smash
Poo - Ness's Final Smash
Ninten - A background appearance on a stage

Last one kinda sounds like a downgrade to me compared to the rest, though I find it kinda interesting that Ninten and Claus made it on the poll, but Porky and Giygas didn't. It sounds like to me that Sakurai's had the boy on his mind for a while at least.
That is really interesting. What makes it really interesting is that the 2 who are absent from the poll, Giygas and Porky, are the only 2 characters currently not represented in Ultimate, while everyone else is (the ASC doesn't have a reference to Porky, it's just the ASC). I think the reason he doesn't have a spirit is because Itoi wanted to avoid spoilers, or because he is going to be added as a spirit if either Mother 3 gets localized or the 3 Mother games get remade, but what if the reason neither him nor Giygas are represented is because they were the only two Mother characters who didn't make the poll? Might be a stretch, but a possibility nonetheless.

Also, on the topic of Ninten's representation in Ultimate, him having smaller representation than the other Mother characters on that poll is interesting due to him being the strongest Mother spirit in Ultimate

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>G-Red
Guy came from a one-shot Capcom game. Never stood a chance.

Also, as a board veteran, it's interesting to look back on this and notice how many characters eventually became playable among those voted multiple times. Even Toon Link got picked.

I'd be endlessly amused if Brave turns out to be Demille though.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
That is really interesting. What makes it really interesting is that the 2 who are absent from the poll, Giygas and Porky, are the only 2 characters currently not represented in Ultimate, while everyone else is (the ASC doesn't have a reference to Porky, it's just the ASC). I think the reason he doesn't have a spirit is because Itoi wanted to avoid spoilers, or because he is going to be added as a spirit if either Mother 3 gets localized or the 3 Mother games get remade, but what if the reason neither him nor Giygas are represented is because they were the only two Mother characters who didn't make the poll? Might be a stretch, but a possibility nonetheless.

Also, on the topic of Ninten's representation in Ultimate, him having smaller representation than the other Mother characters on that poll is interesting due to him being the strongest Mother spirit in Ultimate
I’m thinking Porky isn’t as popular in Japan as he is in the states, and that the ASC is a reference to Porky without actually being him due to the spoilery nature surrounding him. Either way, Ninten getting on the poll and not him is kinda interesting. Nintendo of Japan was also the one that chose the DLC, so that actually might point more in Ninten’s favor here. Especially since he’s the only one that isn’t fully rendered in some form.

Yeah that spirit of his really makes you think...

D

Deleted member

I’m thinking Porky isn’t as popular in Japan as he is in the states, and that the ASC is a reference to Porky without actually being him due to the spoilery nature surrounding him. Either way, Ninten getting on the poll and not him is kinda interesting. Nintendo of Japan was also the one that chose the DLC, so that actually might point more in Ninten’s favor here. Especially since he’s the only one that isn’t fully rendered in some form.

Yeah that spirit of his really makes you think...
It really does, lol.

Again, that's an interesting view of the ASC spirit. It could be the case

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Alright so, I'm still working on the slideshow (It's now currently just as long as the last one I did and I haven't even mentioned the oddness of Ninten's spirit in it yet) and I'm currently writing up the overall spirit analysis to put within the slideshow. Is that okay if I have them together? I feel like analyzing them all then mentioning why Ninten's is odd compared to the rest is kinda necessary in order to get my overall point across.

It'll get done I promise.

D

Deleted member

Alright so, I'm still working on the slideshow (It's now currently just as long as the last one I did and I haven't even mentioned the oddness of Ninten's spirit in it yet) and I'm currently writing up the overall spirit analysis to put within the slideshow. Is that okay if I have them together? I feel like analyzing them all then mentioning why Ninten's is odd compared to the rest is kinda necessary in order to get my overall point across.

It'll get done I promise.
Again, I can't wait.

Yes, it is okay :)

D

Deleted member

Is there like an official result list of the Wii U ballot? I'd like to know how well Ninten did.
I don't think there is, unfortunately. I'm pretty sure the most requested Mother characters were him, Claus, and Porky

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Is there like an official result list of the Wii U ballot? I'd like to know how well Ninten did.
I don't think there is, unfortunately. I'm pretty sure the most requested Mother characters were him, Claus, and Porky
Yeah they never published the official results. I remember hearing Ninten, Claus, Porky, and Kumatora the most during the ballot season though.

D

Deleted member

Yeah they never published the official results. I remember hearing Ninten, Claus, Porky, and Kumatora the most during the ballot season though.
This sounds like an accurate description of the most requested Mother characters. Paula and Poo were fairly requested among the Mother characters too (I think), but yeah, not as much as the 4 you mentioned

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I voted Ninten, Snake and Ice Climbers. Two outta three ain’t bad, although in retrospect I didn’t vote for my most wanted.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Who was/is your most wanted
It’s probably Prince Sable, with Kyle Hyde growing in mah heart (considering making a thread).

My top whatever is (in no particular order, and in a state of flux): those two guys, Ninten, Andy, Isaac, Takamaru.

D

Deleted member

It’s probably Prince Sable, with Kyle Hyde growing in mah heart (considering making a thread).

My top whatever is (in no particular order, and in a state of flux): those two guys, Ninten, Andy, Isaac, Takamaru.
Nice taste, good grief

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
So I found my joke bingo card I made back during the August direct, haven't gotten a bingo yet, but maybe I will soon lulz.

Ninten Bingo.png

D

Deleted member

Yeah. If Ninten really is brave, then his reveal is coming pretty soon

Top Bottom