• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
No Direct news but I think there was an update that Piranha Plant will arrive on February,maybe a Direct at that time? I don't know.
I can see that happening. Possibly it will be a week beforehand as a reminder? Kinda hard to judge.
I figure the Direct should be within the first week, if nothing happens on the first.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I just realized we got a new Magicant remix for Ultimate.

Ninten classic mode credits music confirmed
Lulz. I'm honestly in love with that mix.

I also noticed the Magicant/Eight Melodies mix from Smash 4 no longer has Eight Melodies in the title and is just called "Magicant (3DS/Wii U)" so that's a tiny bit suspect considering they still creditied Keiichi Suzuki for the Eight Melodies in it despite it not being in the title anymore.

D

Deleted member

Lulz. I'm honestly in love with that mix.

I also noticed the Magicant/Eight Melodies mix from Smash 4 no longer has Eight Melodies in the title and is just called "Magicant (3DS/Wii U)" so that's a tiny bit suspect considering they still creditied Keiichi Suzuki for the Eight Melodies in it despite it not being in the title anymore.
Another reason I am really confident about Ninten, because the crediting wasn't done correctly, and the 8 melodies isn't its own track. I believe, because of this, that we will get the 8 melodies as a track, and it would only make sense to come with Ninten, or at the very least, a Mother rep

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
Another reason I am really confident about Ninten, because the crediting wasn't done correctly, and the 8 melodies isn't its own track. I believe, because of this, that we will get the 8 melodies as a track, and it would only make sense to come with Ninten, or at the very least, a Mother rep
It's certainly weird,because Earthbound and Mother 3 have their "main theme" (Smiles and Tears and Love Theme) as their own track,but EBB's Eight Melodies (and I consider Mother Earth as a main theme too,also it was Ness and Lucas victory theme wtf) is only found in a medley with another track (Melee's Bein Friends and SSB4's Magicant). And Mother Earth is not there at all (I THINK,correct me if I'm wrong). So yeah it's weird.

D

Deleted member

It's certainly weird,because Earthbound and Mother 3 have their "main theme" (Smiles and Tears and Love Theme) as their own track,but EBB's Eight Melodies (and I consider Mother Earth as a main theme too,also it was Ness and Lucas victory theme wtf) is only found in a medley with another track (Melee's Bein Friends and SSB4's Magicant). And Mother Earth is not there at all (I THINK,correct me if I'm wrong). So yeah it's weird.
Exactly. This could mean that Mother earth and the 8 melodies are two tracks that come with Ninten as DLC

Patwhit01

Smash Cadet
wtf guys i hacked into nintendo's files and found the stock icon for brave. it's a mother rep but you guys WON'T BELIEVE who it actually is... wtf im shaking nintendo would never make them a fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch game console,,,
hinawa leak.jpg

D

Deleted member

wtf guys i hacked into nintendo's files and found the stock icon for brave. it's a mother rep but you guys WON'T BELIEVE who it actually is... wtf im shaking nintendo would never make them a fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch game console,,,View attachment 187508
Wait are you being serious or are you joking

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
wtf guys i hacked into nintendo's files and found the stock icon for brave. it's a mother rep but you guys WON'T BELIEVE who it actually is... wtf im shaking nintendo would never make them a fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch game console,,,View attachment 187508
Can't tell if pulling leg. This isn't the time for a joke, you know what happened with the Grinch leak.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Same here. Sakurai would make the best moveset for her lmao.

I love your profile pic too
Thank you, and yeah Sakurai would definitely come up with something creative

I picture her as a mix human/ghost with sparkling magic attacks kinda like Zelda,with sunflowers here and there
I was thinking along those lines. Something ghostish but also human.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Would they have a Dragon Quest character in two competing fighting games...?
Different game, different rights, different negotiations. There's no doubt that Dai has only ever remained in SJ.

Dai/Fly is an anime exclusive character,I doubt he is Brave
Yeah. It's like assuming the Freedom Fighters are viable as Sonic newcomers.

Didn't expect someone other than me to know of Dai's former localised name though, that's neat.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Would they have a Dragon Quest character in two competing fighting games...?
Dai isn't owned by Square Enix at all though. He doesn't have any positive or negative impact on the chances of DQ in Smash.

Also it may be best we stay on the topic of Ninten/Mother in this thread. Not trying to be rude, let me clarify

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
No I never thought this particular character is the datamined one for Smash but, this honestly makes me doubt DQ in Smash... Maybe I'm just dumb I dunno...

D

Deleted member

No I never thought this particular character is the datamined one for Smash but, this honestly makes me doubt DQ in Smash... Maybe I'm just dumb I dunno...
Dai isn't owned by Square Enix though, he doesn't impact the chances of DQ in Smash, positively or negatively.

We should stay on the topic of Ninten and Mother in this thread too

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Dai isn't owned by Square Enix though, he doesn't impact the chances of DQ in Smash, positively or negatively.

We should stay on the topic of Ninten and Mother in this thread too
Ugh fine... I just thought I might have been onto something is all...

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Lmao same here. I got hyped for a good 5 minutes
I was having a borderline anxiety attack for a good five minutes.

In other news, got a really good start on the slideshow. It's already like 70 slides lulz. Gotta make sure every single detail is in it.

D

Deleted member

I was having a borderline anxiety attack for a good five minutes.

In other news, got a really good start on the slideshow. It's already like 70 slides lulz. Gotta make sure every single detail is in it.
I really can't wait. You began quickly on it, lol

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Who do you guys think is the most powerful out of the three Mother protagonists? I want to lean towards Ness because he gets that insane powerful boost from Magicant, but I'm too sure otherwise.

D

Deleted member

Who do you guys think is the most powerful out of the three Mother protagonists? I want to lean towards Ness because he gets that insane powerful boost from Magicant, but I'm too sure otherwise.
I do have to agree with you that it is Ness. He absorbs the power of Magicant, and is actually the strongest of the Mother protags statistically, lol

Top Bottom