• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

D

Deleted member

Thanks, how about yourself?

I think Ninten and Geno are a pretty good guess.
Yes. The only 2 characters who I need in Smash to die happy lol.

The character I would like to see in Smash the most after those 2 is actually Crono. After Crono, I would like Bandana Dee, Shantae, Isaac, Phoenix Wright, Travis Touchdown, Mallow, Lloyd, Elma, Rayman, and Banjo-Kazooie

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Yes. The only 2 characters who I need in Smash to die happy lol.

The character I would like to see in Smash the most after those 2 is actually Crono. After Crono, I would like Bandana Dee, Shantae, Isaac, Phoenix Wright, Travis Touchdown, Mallow, Lloyd, Elma, Rayman, and Banjo-Kazooie
Great taste in characters and in games.

D

Deleted member

Great taste in characters and in games.
Thank you :)

Well, I haven't actually played the games of any of the other characters from the pool I mentioned except Geno and Ninten's lol. I will play Chrono Trigger, the Rayman series, and Golden Sun eventually though

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Thank you :)

Well, I haven't actually played the games of any of the other characters from the pool I mentioned except Geno and Ninten's lol. I will play Chrono Trigger, the Rayman series, and Golden Sun eventually though
Chrono Trigger is really good. Played that game a ton back in middle school. I think you'll like it.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Nice seeing our Mother 1 boy on there.

I do wish that Duster was there too though. Him, Ninten, and Lucas are my favorite Mother characters
Mine are Claus, Ninten and Ness. I'm pretty generic when it comes to favorite Mother characters.

Edit: Oh yeah, the Flying Men too. Absolutely adore them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mine are Claus, Ninten and Ness. I'm pretty generic when it comes to favorite Mother characters.

Edit: Oh yeah, the Flying Men too. Absolutely adore them.
There isn't such a thing as "generic" when expressing your opinions :D

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
There isn't such a thing as "generic" when expressing your opinions :D
I suppose that's fair. :)

Speaking of the Flying Man, I was looking at the online player icons again. (Mine's the Flying Man since I couldn't chose between the other 3) and remembered that Mother 1 only has three player icons. Ninten, EVE, and the Flying Man.

The Flying Man likes to pop up a lot doesn't he?

D

Deleted member

I suppose that's fair. :)

Speaking of the Flying Man, I was looking at the online player icons again. (Mine's the Flying Man since I couldn't chose between the other 3) and remembered that Mother 1 only has three player icons. Ninten, EVE, and the Flying Man.

The Flying Man likes to pop up a lot doesn't he?
He does lol. He is a stage hazard, an ace spirit, an online icon, and a Mii costume. He probably has the most appearances in Ultimate than any other Mother character (correct me if I'm wrong) because he was the only Mother character with a Mii costume in Smash 4

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
He does lol. He is a stage hazard, an ace spirit, an online icon, and a Mii costume. He probably has the most appearances in Ultimate than any other Mother character (correct me if I'm wrong) because he was the only Mother character with a Mii costume in Smash 4
Minus the playable ones, yeah he certainly has. What makes it more interesting it's that it's a Mother 1 Flying Man specifically. So if he's representative of anyone, it's Ninten. I mean, he WAS technically his courage in Magicant. ;)

I'm gonna laugh my *** off if the Flying Man ends up actually being a confirmed reference to Ninten since before all this datamine/Yuusha/Brave nonsense, I made my Ninten Mii Fighter wear the Flying Man costume.

D

Deleted member

Minus the playable ones, yeah he certainly has. What makes it more interesting it's that it's a Mother 1 Flying Man specifically. So if he's representative of anyone, it's Ninten. I mean, he WAS technically his courage in Magicant. ;)

I'm gonna laugh my *** off if the Flying Man ends up actually being a confirmed reference to Ninten since before all this datamine/Yuusha/Brave nonsense, I made my Ninten Mii Fighter wear the Flying Man costume.
Do you mind if I could have a pic of that

D

Deleted member

Mother characters aside there are a lot of characters in that list that I would absolutely love to see in Smash,Vivian from Paper Mario for example.
Vivian would awesome. I love Paper Mario Ttyd

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I guess aside from Mother characters in that list, the one's I'd want the most would be Geno and Krystal.

Also I hear there's a Nindies showcase this week. Maybe the direct will happen first week in February?

D

Deleted member

I guess aside from Mother characters in that list, the one's I'd want the most would be Geno and Krystal.

Also I hear there's a Nindies showcase this week. Maybe the direct will happen first week in February?
Maybe. Usually a Nindies Direct and Nintendo Direct/Smash Direct happen around the same time

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Honestly as long as it's not the week of the 11th I'm game.

It's gonna be the week of the 11th isn't it.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I did some research and that seems to be the case (she is also the voice of Kirby,Lyn and Viridi).

EDIT: If Ninten gets picked and decide he'd get a Japanese accent,I'm sure she will record his lines too.
Damn... Nice digging! I remember having a discussion with a friend about what Ninten would sound like in Smash and they pretty much said that they think he'd be like Ness with a Japanese accent, so this is kinda interesting.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Nearly done with the powerpoint guys.

I'm extremely confident in Brave being Ninten. Did anyone figure out if Mystery Character 70 was the datamined character?

D

Deleted member

Nearly done with the powerpoint guys.

I'm extremely confident in Brave being Ninten. Did anyone figure out if Mystery Character 70 was the datamined character?
No, not yet.

I am really confident in brave being Ninten too though :D

D

Deleted member

Okie.

The constant Erdrick is a lock stuff is kinda annoying. I really dislike how smarmy Smash fans can be at times...
Yeah.

If brave is a first party character with a theme made for Ultimate, they may be the missing character as well. We won't know for sure though

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Yeah.

If brave is a first party character with a theme made for Ultimate, they may be the missing character as well. We won't know for sure though
Well, if Brave is the boi I think it would be a pretty educated guess that he was the cut character. Though that might be due to my conspiracy theory that popped into my head during class today.

D

Deleted member

Well, if Brave is the boi I think it would be a pretty educated guess that he was the cut character. Though that might be due to my conspiracy theory that popped into my head during class today.
Ooooh, I would like to hear your conspiracy theory :D

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Alright here's my fanfiction.

It's late 2015/2016 and Sakurai has finished looking through the ballot. He already added Isabelle and created a spot for a Pokemon. Just as he's about to add Inkling and the ballot characters, he gets a phone call from Itoi himself saying they'd like to meet. The next day they meet for coffee and begin to discuss their late friend Iwata. Itoi suggests that maybe Sakurai should add a character as a tribute to him. Sakurai is unsure of which character to use until Itoi suggests Ninten, the missing Mother protagonist, since the game has finally been localized around the world. Sakurai accepts and as part of the deal, Itoi wishes for no obvious spoilers in the game. The Absolutely Safe Capsule and Masked Man spirits were happy mediums between the two friends.

Sakurai then adds Ninten to the project plan. He gets himself his own slot and worked with the musicians to creeate a new mix of the Eight Melodies to go alongside a reveal and become his new victory theme.

Nintendo of Japan enters stage right.

They look over Sakurai's roster closely. They see Ninten and tell Sakurai. "Make this one DLC. We're planning to rerelease the Mother games on the Switch" Sakurai is taken aback at first. "Why must they be like this" he thinks to himself. He inevitably caves and removes Ninten from the roster attempting to scrub the data clean to try to prevent dataminers from discovering who he is.

This is a bit of a setback, as now the roster is no longer that round number 70 he originally desired. He then goes to the spirit team and tells them to make Ninten as a spirit as well. The spirits team confused by this sudden change from character to spirit rushed his near the end of development time.

When Kurogane Hammer and the other Australian Smash players went to play the updated demo, Nintendo noticed that Sakurai updated Ness's victory theme and immediatly went "Oh **** we can't let people know about this now." and prevented the players from recording his victory theme. Sakurai never added Mother music onto the blog since the track saved for Ninten's reveal was cut early on.

Ninten was then pushed to the second DLC character, timed to reveal alongside the game Nintendo wants him to shill: A Mother Trilogy on Switch.

End.

I think I might actually be insane.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright here's my fanfiction.

It's late 2015/2016 and Sakurai has finished looking through the ballot. He already added Isabelle and created a spot for a Pokemon. Just as he's about to add Inkling and the ballot characters, he gets a phone call from Itoi himself saying they'd like to meet. The next day they meet for coffee and begin to discuss their late friend Iwata. Itoi suggests that maybe Sakurai should add a character as a tribute to him. Sakurai is unsure of which character to use until Itoi suggests Ninten, the missing Mother protagonist, since the game has finally been localized around the world. Sakurai accepts and as part of the deal, Itoi wishes for no obvious spoilers in the game. The Absolutely Safe Capsule and Masked Man spirits were happy mediums between the two friends.

Sakurai then adds Ninten to the project plan. He gets himself his own slot and worked with the musicians to creeate a new mix of the Eight Melodies to go alongside a reveal and become his new victory theme.

Nintendo of Japan enters stage right.

They look over Sakurai's roster closely. They see Ninten and tell Sakurai. "Make this one DLC. We're planning to rerelease the Mother games on the Switch" Sakurai is taken aback at first. "Why must they be like this" he thinks to himself. He inevitably caves and removes Ninten from the roster attempting to scrub the data clean to try to prevent dataminers from discovering who he is.

This is a bit of a setback, as now the roster is no longer that round number 70 he originally desired. He then goes to the spirit team and tells them to make Ninten as a spirit as well. The spirits team confused by this sudden change from character to spirit rushed his near the end of development time.

When Kurogane Hammer and the other Australian Smash players went to play the updated demo, Nintendo noticed that Sakurai updated Ness's victory theme and immediatly went "Oh **** we can't let people know about this now." and prevented the players from recording his victory theme. Sakurai never added Mother music onto the blog since the track saved for Ninten's reveal was cut early on.

Ninten was then pushed to the second DLC character, timed to reveal alongside the game Nintendo wants him to shill: A Mother Trilogy on Switch.

End.

I think I might actually be insane.
This is beautiful. And makes a lot of sense.

Ninten actually has a good bit going for him being the cut character. It could explain all the new Mother content added for the game, Ninten's odd spirit placement, the copyrighted Mother victory theme (which is a point I forgot about), the Mother music oddities, and potentially Vergeben's Mother 3 leak coming at the end of 2017

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
This is beautiful. And makes a lot of sense.

Ninten actually has a good bit going for him being the cut character. It could explain all the new Mother content added for the game, Ninten's odd spirit placement, the copyrighted Mother victory theme (which is a point I forgot about), the Mother music oddities, and potentially Vergeben's Mother 3 leak coming at the end of 2017
Inb4 Ninten is the reason the direct is delayed.

Honestly, the theory is bat**** insane enough to be plausible.

Top Bottom