• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to be a moodkiller because this theory is very interesting,but Ness and Lucas got a new victory theme because Sakurai wanted the victory screen to be short and sweet so we can start the next match faster,not because of a new mystery character. Brawl/4 victory theme is kinda long,and Ultimate's probably the shortest out of the victory themes (that's why the Zelda series got a new one,and older victory themes like the Mario series,Fire Emblem series and Animal Crossing got their tempo increased)

(STILL,Ness could've got his Melee theme back and Lucas could've got a new one based on Love Theme but I guess they didn't care)

D

Deleted member

I don't want to be a moodkiller because this theory is very interesting,but Ness and Lucas got a new victory theme because Sakurai wanted the victory screen to be short and sweet so we can start the next match faster,not because of a new mystery character.
Not to be rude, but there's no proof of this or anything suggesting it's the case

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I don't want to be a moodkiller because this theory is very interesting,but Ness and Lucas got a new victory theme because Sakurai wanted the victory screen to be short and sweet so we can start the next match faster,not because of a new mystery character. Brawl/4 victory theme is kinda long,and Ultimate's probably the shortest out of the victory themes (that's why the Zelda series got a new one,and older victory themes like the Mario series,Fire Emblem series and Animal Crossing got their tempo increased)

(STILL,Ness could've got his Melee theme back and Lucas could've got a new one based on Love Theme but I guess they didn't care)
I guess the deal is why change it it to something completely different and be super secretive about it? They coulda easily edited/cut the first portion of the Mother Earth victory theme to speed it up like Pokemon but they used something brand new...

D

Deleted member

I guess the deal is why change it it to something completely different and be super secretive about it? They coulda easily edited/cut the first portion of the Mother Earth victory theme to speed it up like Pokemon but they used something brand new...
Did he ever say that was the case, that he changed the victory themes for them to be shorter?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Did he ever say that was the case, that he changed the victory themes for them to be shorter?
I don't remember ever hearing that, I sorta understand the sentiment since many are sped up, but again, why use an entirely new victory theme when you can just edit the old one? It's not even a track in game to steal from, meaning it's just more effort.

Honestly this kinda make me even more intrigued.

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
IMO it's implied,a lot of themes are faster,the Mario series (the good guys) has its tempo increased,same with the classic FE theme,the Pokemon theme has some notes cut,same with the Yoshi and Ice Climber.Duck Hunt,Wario and Animal Crossing are sped up too. Zelda and Mother got new themes that are much shorter.

D

Deleted member

IMO it's implied,a lot of themes are faster,the Mario series (the good guys) has its tempo increased,same with the classic FE theme,the Pokemon theme has some notes cut,same with the Yoshi and Ice Climber.Duck Hunt,Wario and Animal Crossing are sped up too. Zelda and Mother got new themes that are much shorter.
But it was never said that is was the reason. Also, like The Anigriffin The Anigriffin mentioned, the Mother series is a completely new victory theme rather than the same one from a previous game sped up.

Again, not to be rude, but there isn't anything suggesting that it is the case. Sure, it's possible, but highly unlikely

Last edited by a moderator:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
The Mother mix would still be the only one that's a different track/not being ripped from a track in game. They could have just cut the first section of the old Mother theme but they went out of there way to make something completely unique when none of the others are.

Honestly that's mega weird to me...

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
The Brawl and 4 victory theme was already a very sped up version of the eight melodies mother intro song. It is hard for me imagine that they could speed it up from 9 seconds to 4 seconds. (As all the victory themes are now around 4 seconds) A lot of songs were cut in length, and they could have decided that cutting it would ruin the song too much.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The Brawl and 4 victory theme was already a very sped up version of the eight melodies song. It is hard for me imagine that they could speed it up from 9 seconds to 4 seconds. (As all the victory themes are now around 4 seconds) A lot of songs were cut in length, and they could have decided that cutting it would ruin the song too much.
It wasn’t 8 Melodies, it was the Mother 1 intro, but I think the point still stands.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
The Brawl and 4 victory theme was already a very sped up version of the eight melodies song. It is hard for me imagine that they could speed it up from 9 seconds to 4 seconds. (As all the victory themes are now around 4 seconds) A lot of songs were cut in length, and they could have decided that cutting it would ruin the song too much.
Eh I could see the first eight notes being cut without ruining it too much. Or they could have just left it alone. Either way, Mother was the only one that got a new victory without it technically leeching off an ingame track regardless of the reasoning.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think cutting the victory theme length was a bad move. They ruined Ice Climbers, Yoshi, and Maybe Pokemon's victory theme while doing it. I know some just want the next game to start, but I felt it was a nice tribute to the characters.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
Eh I could see the first eight notes being cut without ruining it too much. Or they could have just left it alone. Either way, Mother was the only one that got a new victory without it technically leeching off an ingame track regardless of the reasoning.
Yeah, I really do not know why they made a new complete victory theme. I also think the ness melee theme honestly could have been reasonably sped up. Something honestly does feel off about the victory theme/music situation.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
Did you guys say there was evidence of a cut unique version of eight melodies? If so, that is a big deal imo.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Did you guys say there was evidence of a cut unique version of eight melodies? If so, that is a big deal imo.
I haven't found any actual slots showing that it was indeed cut, but the Magicant/Eight Melodies mix from Smash 4 no longer has the Eight Melodies in the title.

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
It’s been a while since I saw Mother fans with this much hope. I’m glad that some people still have faith in Nintendo to do something for Mother fans.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
This probably sounds like a stupid question but...

Out of curiosity, are there any other characters in the game with a height of 13 besides Ness and Lucas?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
No luck on finding a height chart sadly. If anyone finds one could you let me know?

I other news, I discovered that Ninten is both the most powerful EB spirit he’s also the most powerful spirit that enhances PSI abilities. So that’s kinda neat.

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
No luck on finding a height chart sadly. If anyone finds one could you let me know?

I other news, I discovered that Ninten is both the most powerful EB spirit he’s also the most powerful spirit that enhances PSI abilities. So that’s kinda neat.
Some pages back I posted a video,I think it's this one ,they are not on paper but you can count the squares haha.

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
Also the Young Link and Ken amiibo may have started their production run,and there is a leaked image that shows some amiibos that weren't announced yet. They tend to talk about this in Directs so we have more reasons for one coming soon.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
Me neither.

Or Ness or Lucas overall
I don't think Ness will be nerfed, but i think a pk freeze nerf could go either way unfortunately. This patch will be really important imo, because it will show us how they will approach balancing in the future. Will they make drastic changes? Or will they go with slight changes to characters? Learning about their approach to balancing is just one of the reasons I am excited for the patch!

D

Deleted member

I don't think Ness will be nerfed, but i think a pk freeze nerf could go either way unfortunately. This patch will be really important imo, because it will show us how they will approach balancing in the future. Will they make drastic changes? Or will they go with slight changes to characters? Learning about their approach to balancing is just one of the reasons I am excited for the patch!
Okay now I need to spam the **** out of PK Freeze before it's glorious time runs out

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
Also the Young Link and Ken amiibo may have started their production run,and there is a leaked image that shows some amiibos that weren't announced yet. They tend to talk about this in Directs so we have more reasons for one coming soon.
So are you guys getting more amiibos this year? I plan on getting the Ice Climbers amiibo for sure, and I am debating whether I get the Ridley, Piranha plant, and Young Link amiibos. I am definitely excited for a Richter amiibo as well.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Do you have a link to the leaked image? I'm very curious heh.

Inb4 all the patch is is just Greninja getting nerfed.

So are you guys getting more amiibos this year? I plan on getting the Ice Climbers amiibo for sure, and I am debating whether I get the Ridley, Piranha plant, and Young Link amiibos. I am definitely excited for a Richter amiibo as well.
:Looks back at my shelf with a metric ton of Smash amiibos on it: Hell yeah I am! Ice Climbers are my most needed right now and hopefully my local Gamestop stocks some K Rools. The Ridley Amiibo is very detailed. My friend snagged me him for Christmas, so I'd recommend getting him. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom