• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Honestly it's great to see how optimistic @Zack E. and The Anigriffin The Anigriffin are about Ninten being in the DLC pass, almost the opposite way of how I'm feeling. I'm glad that you two can lead such brilliant discussions with your passions about Ninten and Mother 1. But there is one warning I wanted to give you two, and this isn't me trying to hype police or anything, but it's that when your excitement, passion, and optimism combines, you will be blinded from seeing the other side of the coin and only believe that Mother content is 100% going down in 2019. I, unfortunately, can see this pessimistic view all too well for some reason, but it's keeping me grounded. Maybe I'm misinterpreting you two, but I just wanted y'all to be careful about believing Ninten/Mother related content will definitely happen because imagine how much it would sting if Nintendo didn't do anything, which is a very likely possibility on the table.
Yeah, same. I’m an Earthbound fan, I’m used to disappointment.

They did get one thing correct. They are downright AGGRESSIVE. Not even kidding one grabbed me while another spammed PK Fire at me till I was practically done for since it's a stamina battle like the other Mother 1 spirit battles. The other color alts though are just weird to me. They had the Fuel alt, Bumble Bee, Green Hat, and Blue Hat.

Easily the most annoying Mother spirit battle.

Part of me wants to believe that's why this rumored direct got pushed back, because of the whole datamine fiasco and Sakurai having to throw together another promotional trailer but that's a wee bit insane.

Also by the way, I'm gonna sound really stupid if I'm wrong, but is your pfp Luna from Virtue's Last Reward?
Finally somebody who plays Zero Escape!

Mother is better than Persona will ever be.

Change my mind.
I mean, I can’t.

I am now reminded that I still have yet to play Zero Time Dilemma. Should probs get on that soon.
Yeah... temper expectations.

Okay, excuse the terrible photography job, but this is what I meant by stress lines near the eyes of Ness and Lucas.

View attachment 187274

View attachment 187275

Could be wrong but I think this is the first time these two have had those in any of their facial expressions. Oddly enough, the only Mother model where those lines seem to be present is Ninten's.

View attachment 187276

I'm completely aware that this has a 99% chance of literally meaning nothing, but just thought I should mention it.
When they said more expressiveness they weren’t kidding.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Well it's been awhile since I was on here, how's everyone been? :)
I heard about the "Brave" datamine recently, I read through the stats and claims surrounding around it.
It's pretty interesting to say the least, there's a lot of potential newcomers that could be the character.
I do feel like Erdrick is the most likely newcomer, which would be dope (I do have a soft spot for Dragon Quest).
Although stats is eerily similar to Ness and Lucas, so maybe there could be a chance for Ninten to make it in.
I wish there was a way to squeeze both of them in the DLC bundle.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Ninten would definitely be a nice surprise and a great way to celebrate the game's 30 years. Even as an echo I wouldn't mind.

Jboy1010

Smash Cadet
Well, for expected, I think everyone just has different views on how "expected" they think the character is. I may think it's expected, but Reggie may think it isn't. Everyone has different opinions overall, so I don't think how much a character is expected can be used for or against them
The way I see it is that people want Sora, but they don’t expect him due to certain issues that keep getting overblown imo

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I’m still thinking Brave is probably Ninten. If it were just stats alone I’d blow it off as a coincidence most likely, but with all the oddities I’ve found here and there? He’s got a damn good shot at being this character.

Time to make PowerPoint 3 booyaa.

D

Deleted member

I’m still thinking Brave is probably Ninten. If it were just stats alone I’d blow it off as a coincidence most likely, but with all the oddities I’ve found here and there? He’s got a damn good shot at being this character.

Time to make PowerPoint 3 booyaa.
I can't wait

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
So I checked up on the the Seven Squares thread and pardon me for sounding rude but... It sounds like it's just a "Erdrick is in" board at this moment and not a discussion space for a possible Square rep, which sorta irks me as this Brave character could very well be literally anyone. I think they're letting biases dictate the discussion (Which sounds rich coming from me I know) but it's a Square thread, not a "shut up it's Erdrick" thread... Honestly glad I bailed on Square threads for the time being.

,,,How would these people react if Brave/Hero turns out to not be the Square rep? They seem so convinced that I'm a bit concerned for them if it turns out to be a rando they never thought was possible.

Also when did Itoi do the Camp Fangamer video message? Was it when Mother 1 got localized?

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
So I checked up on the the Seven Squares thread and pardon me for sounding rude but... It sounds like it's just a "Erdrick is in" board at this moment and not a discussion space for a possible Square rep, which sorta irks me as this Brave character could very well be literally anyone. I think they're letting biases dictate the discussion (Which sounds rich coming from me I know) but it's a Square thread, not a "shut up it's Erdrick" thread... Honestly glad I bailed on Square threads for the time being.

,,,How would these people react if Brave/Hero turns out to not be the Square rep? They seem so convinced that I'm a bit concerned for them if it turns out to be a rando they never thought was possible.

Also when did Itoi do the Camp Fangamer video message? Was it when Mother 1 got localized?
Yeah, the square thread is basically the erdrick thread, so I checked out of there. They basically pushed fat man out of that thread. If you just recognize that the square thread is just an erdrick thread then it's really no big deal. I think more interesting discussion is happening on the geno thread and here anyway.

D

Deleted member

Yes. A month after Mother 1 was localized

Last edited by a moderator:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Yeah, the square thread is basically the erdrick thread, so I checked out of there. They basically pushed fat man out of that thread. If you just recognize that the square thread is just an erdrick thread then it's really no big deal. I think more interesting discussion is happening on the geno thread and here anyway.
Yeesh, Fatman's a cool dude... I feel bad that he basically got pushed out... Haven't been on the Geno thread in a while. Planning on going back there whenever that supposed direct airs. Just taking a bit of a break from there is all.

Lulz. I'm glad this thread is one of the more interesting ones to you.

Yes. A month after Mother 1 was localized
Okie. Thank you.

D

Deleted member

Yeesh, Fatman's a cool dude... I feel bad that he basically got pushed out... Haven't been on the Geno thread in a while. Planning on going back there whenever that supposed direct airs. Just taking a bit of a break from there is all.

Lulz. I'm glad this thread is one of the more interesting ones to you.

Okie. Thank you.
You know, in the Square thread, I just found out that Shigesato Itoi was the one who came up with the name of the game "Super Smash Bros"....

Last edited by a moderator:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Yeah, according to the users on the Square thread.

They even said Itoi, along with other people, are good friends with Sakurai...
...I knew about them being friends but...

No joke, a while ago I was playing Smash 4 and reflected a PK Beam back at a Starman to make the SMAAAAAASH effect appear and I thought to myself "Heh, wouldn't it be funny if Smash Bros was named after the critical hits in EB?"

So now I'm sitting down with this expression rather stunned.

D

Deleted member

...I knew about them being friends but...

No joke, a while ago I was playing Smash 4 and reflected a PK Beam back at a Starman to make the SMAAAAAASH effect appear and I thought to myself "Heh, wouldn't it be funny if Smash Bros was named after the critical hits in EB?"

So now I'm sitting down with this expression rather stunned.

That is so funny

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
That is so funny
My friend says I have PSI heh...

Anyway, since the two are good friends, I really believe Sakurai would respect Itoi's decisions regarding Mother content, not just because of the rights deal, but because they're friends...

D

Deleted member

My friend says I have PSI heh...

Anyway, since the two are good friends, I really believe Sakurai would respect Itoi's decisions regarding Mother content, not just because of the rights deal, but because they're friends...
Same. Maybe Itoi doesn't want Mother spoiled for people who haven't played it.

Maybe Itoi wants the Mother fans to be happy, so the Mother games will be remade :D

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, makes sense.

And honestly, I've stopped expecting Masked Man since 4, since I'd much rather see other series get their overdue newcomers. Until further notice, I don't think we'll be seeing any further Mother content beyond music.

I'm more concerned as to whether that fan-made Mother successor (that was formely 4) won't eventually end up being cancelled and that'd end up pissing off everyone that was waiting for it...

Also, I did think the SHIIIIING bat sound effect might have been a reference to Ness. Seemed obvious enough. :p

Last edited:

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
I used to think Sakurai hated Mother or something because of the lack of Mother content prior to Smash 4 (and that 10 extra frames from grab release in Brawl that made both Ness and Lucas very exploitable and grab free characters,and the spoilery Lucas trophy)

D

Deleted member

I think we'll be seeing more Mother content as DLC.

I used to think Sakurai hated Mother or something because of the lack of Mother content prior to Smash 4 (and that 10 extra frames from grab release in Brawl that made both Ness and Lucas very exploitable and grab free characters,and the spoilery Lucas trophy)
He might've been giving it less attention, but that's another very weird thing about the sudden jump in Mother content from Smash 4 to Ultimate

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Same. Maybe Itoi doesn't want Mother spoiled for people who haven't played it.

Maybe Itoi wants the Mother fans to be happy, so the Mother games will be remade :D
It's really hard to believe absoultely nothing will happen with all the subtle hinting in SSBU as well as the suspicious nature surrounding the Eight Melodies and there being a cut character. Of course we could always get screwed over like we usually do, but I dunno. This feels different.

And yeah that's why I'm thinking there's an ASC spirit and not an outright Porky spirit, Sakurai probably wanted him as a spirit since he's been a trophy since Brawl, but Itoi declined. So... perhaps the ASC was a happy medium? It wasn't a last minute spirit either as it was added in the first batch, and how you obtain it is kinda specific. But hey just my two cents.

Yeah, makes sense.

And honestly, I've stopped expecting Masked Man since 4, since I'd much rather see other series get their overdue newcomers. Until further notice, I don't think we'll be seeing any further Mother content beyond music.

I'm more concerned as to whether that fan-made Mother successor (that was formely 4) won't eventually end up being cancelled and that'd end up pissing off everyone that was waiting for it...

Also, I did think the SHIIIIING bat sound effect might have been a reference to Ness. Seemed obvious enough. :p
Rip my hope for Masked Man.

I'm kinda surprised Mother 4 HASN'T been outright cancelled at this point.

I'm really slow.

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
I'm kinda surprised Mother 4 HASN'T been outright cancelled at this point.
In some developer update they said that they don't want to cancel the project (even after the rebranding) because they have an emotional tie with the entire project,I think they are working on it but just baby steps. Honestly my hype for that game died,I'm more hyped about the Mother hack fan remake.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In some developer update they said that they don't want to cancel the project (even after the rebranding) because they have an emotional tie with the entire project,I think they are working on it but just baby steps. Honestly my hype for that game died,I'm more hyped about the Mother hack fan remake.
That latter thing's news to me, I'd like to know some details.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Could just be a personal thing, but there's a small part of me that's worried that a big Smashtuber is gonna find this thread, make a video on it, and then hell would be unleashed here. Kinda hoping it stays mostly quiet and chill here...

Also I started the final powerpoint.

D

Deleted member

Could just be a personal thing, but there's a small part of me that's worried that a big Smashtuber is gonna find this thread, make a video on it, and then hell would be unleashed here. Kinda hoping it stays mostly quiet and chill here...

The same could be said for any thread :D

I can't wait for the PowerPoint

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
A team is hacking Earthbound in order to remake Earthbound Beginnings,it's a project that has quite a few years. You can see the main thread here
(Disclaimer: I doubt Nintendo gives a crap about a Mother game being fan remaked,but just in case try to keep the voice low)
>started way back in 2007
They got the patience of saints. In any case, I won't say a peep.

FerrousFarron

Smash Cadet

I'm excited for the new PowerPoint, I actually just read your second one last night and I'm hype to see what turns out to be true!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I'm excited for the new PowerPoint, I actually just read your second one last night and I'm hype to see what turns out to be true!
I'm really hype too lol
Heh. Feels kinda cool knowing people wanna see it. It's gonna take a bit though. Got a looooooot of info to cover after all.

Honestly if my bat**** crazy theories turn out to be true, I might actually have PSI heh...

D

Deleted member

Heh. Feels kinda cool knowing people wanna see it. It's gonna take a bit though. Got a looooooot of info to cover after all.

Honestly if my bat**** crazy theories turn out to be true, I might actually have PSI heh...
Don't feel rushed. It's okay if, at any time, you don't feel like doing it :)

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
No Direct news but I think there was an update that Piranha Plant will arrive on February,maybe a Direct at that time? I don't know.
I can see that happening. Possibly it will be a week beforehand as a reminder? Kinda hard to judge.

Top Bottom