• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Keep an eye out on this thread. I may be holding a smashfest this Friday or Saturday and will announce it as soon as I find out if my parents are leaving the town for the weekend.
Word, if/when it happens I'll try to be there.

D1

Banned via Administration
Hey guys even tho this prob ain't the right place to do it, but NL isn't goin to Apex cuz he can't afford it...any homies willing to help the kid out?

Keitaro

My parents are leaving Saturday morning so I'm gonna have a smashfest for after they leave beginning at 2pm.

Probably gonna have a $5 singles tournament cause I said so. And $3 venue fee that I will use to buy food whether you like it OR NOT!!!!! I may not even buy food!! Ill make a thread in a little bit.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
Sup keitaro\other NJ people?

I'm gunna be in NJ from tomorrow until the 31st, so I def want to make this event.

Hit me up? It's unlikely that I'm going to check this thread again. 386 624 1064

Roller

Smash Legend
So I'm in NJ from now until APEX, excluding the 2 days immediately before. Have **** to do for Christmas/C. Eve, so can't do the Keitaro smashfest. But other than that, I'm mostly down to play. Live in Union County.

Guess I'll check back here to see if anything else is goin' down over break.

Keitaro

Too many people busy tomorrow so I'm cancelling the smashfest for the 2nd time lol. Will announce another one soon which will be sometime next week.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Too many people busy tomorrow so I'm cancelling the smashfest for the 2nd time lol. Will announce another one soon which will be sometime next week.
Ah, wasn't able to make this one even if it did go.
Hopefully the next one is before january.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Are there like any tournaments besides Apex for a while here besides the occasional concentrate?

I really want to host more but it's tough further away. I can host at fusion any time.

Keitaro

Smashfest at my place today.

Address 513 Willow Ave Piscataway NJ. Possible $5 singles tournament. 10+ people confirmed already. Parents gone for the week.

Come anytime after 2:30. If I hold tourney it'll start at 7. Bring liquor and feel free to sleep over. I like chicken.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys, I'm visiting from Fl and staying with family in Leonardo NJ. Any chance some of you guys are nearby? I'm mostly a melee player but I'm down for brawl/64/PM/whatevs.

Cheers!

:phone:

Keitaro

Thats about 42 minutes from my place. Come by tonight if you'd like.
Having liquor at a smashfest. Smart.
For the millionth time, learn to live!! Never had a problem and had over 5 smashfests with liquor already. Hell, what do you think happens at every national??

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I wouldn't let kids drink in my house lol. Pretty sure there's no alcohol allowed at apex either. Do w/e just saying I wouldn't do that :p

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
Hey keitaro i got nothing to do for new years and played you at melee at that knight slash tourny lets see if something can happen.

Keitaro

I wouldn't let kids drink in my house lol. Pretty sure there's no alcohol allowed at apex either. Do w/e just saying I wouldn't do that :p
Of course people don't drink in the venue, but they do at night in hotels and housing areas. Its just differing opinions I guess. I understand the problems that can occur but I've had 0 problems with underage drinking out of like 20 times so Ill continue to do it but carefully as usual.

We didn't end up drinking tonight cause I didn't have time nor the want to buy liquor.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Drinking in hotels is out of a TO's control. Drinking in your own house is totally under your control, there's a difference lol.

Keitaro

Drinking in hotels is out of a TO's control. Drinking in your own house is totally under your control, there's a difference lol.
To rent a hotel you must be 21.

Aka its a legal person allowing underage people to drink in their hotel room that they are responsible for by credit card. The owner of the hotel room has control.

Also I said nothing about TOs. I'm talking about smashfests and housing at houses and hotels.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Wait. Drinking at smashfests isn't normal here?

The ****?

It's basically required that smashfest hosts provide liquor in MI...
To rent a hotel you must be 21.

Aka its a legal person allowing underage people to drink in their hotel room that they are responsible for by credit card. The owner of the hotel room has control.

Also I said nothing about TOs. I'm talking about smashfests and housing at houses and hotels.
I'm just saying I wouldn't let kids under 21 drink at my house/hotel room. I don't see how you can make an argument against that...You kinda get arrested if you get caught.

Keitaro

You can get arrested over just about anything nowadays. Ether got arrested for looking like someone.

Regardless it is extremely rare to get arrested over providing liquor to underage people. It's many times a slap on a wrist and at worst a fine.

It's your choice, but it gets annoying to hear you smart talk my decision of me holding a smashfest with underage drinking which isn't uncommon imo. I heard you the first couple times lol. Feel free to not hosts smashfests with liquor if you want though.

Keitaro is now done talking about this subject. Sad that the NJ thread is only active when a debate is going on nowadays :/

Keitaro

Hey keitaro i got nothing to do for new years and played you at melee at that knight slash tourny lets see if something can happen.
There is a guy named Smelly Cat that lives near me that holds smashfests often for Melee. He was the guy that got 2nd at Knight Slash for Melee with the long hair. His next smashfest is a tourney that will be the day before Apex. Here's a link: http://www.facebook.com/events/174454812652277/

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Hey so, Tearbear, MikeHAZE, Laurel, and I fly into JFK around 7:45AM on January 6th. could anyone give us a ride either to the hotel or back to the airport on Monday morning around 5 - 6am =(? I have no problem with paying for gas, and I'd much rather give money to a fellow smasher than a taxicab.

Send me if you're able to or have any further questions.

Or, could someone point me to a bus/subway/trolley that puts us in walking distance from the hotel?

Top Bottom