• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Chibo wants shiny desu like Teczero

XD

I mean Gurren Lagann is the best Mech Anime I have ever seen since the original Mobile Suit Gundam. This is comparing it to Gundam Seed , Nadeisco , GaoGaiGar, Vangard , Gundam Wing ( aka Gundam BackStreet Boys ), and all the older stuff.

The story , the characters...its fun to watch you cannot dislike it unless you dont know anime.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Go watch it.

Then go watch Nadesico.

OMG Nadesico is so amazing and its the reason EVA exsists ( and I am not an Eva fan either xD )

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Lol g'***** Cheebs.

Also, Wedge, if you have Death Note as one of your favorite animes, I'd almost say it's safe to assume you don't have much experience with anime, because that show is pretty terrible....

OPINIONS THOUGH!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Lol g'***** Cheebs.

Also, Wedge, if you have Death Note as one of your favorite animes, I'd almost say it's safe to assume you don't have much experience with anime, because that show is pretty terrible....

OPINIONS THOUGH!
what are you talking about death note is god

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
Call deathnote bad, call Gurren Lagann bad.

He's prob one of em toradora ****, get this shi outta here!

Death note is probably one of the best psychological animes of all time, I honestly dont know how u can dislike it.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Death Note started off so solidly, but after the first season the show just felt dragged out and forced. The studio just basically milked it for everything it could.
I understand the story needed to end with Light/Kira dying/being defeated, but the way the ending was executed was poor. It was worth watching, but it's nowhere near a god-tier anime or anything like that.

Toradora is only ani-drama I've ever truly liked and thought of as memorable.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I've only watched mainstream animes with the exception of Elfin lied. I thought that the first half of Death Note was amazing, but then it faltered after L died because the plot was ridiculously bad. Alot of good animes were ruined by terrible mishandling of plots, like Code Geass. The only anime imo that did not falter was FMA Brotherhood. That **** was so good wtf.

Edit: And oh yeah, I liked YYH as well. Yusuke is a hottie.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Death Note is a better Manga. I do not like it as much but thats more of an issue with the Anime than the manga. Its not terrible but its not amazing.

Though I have different feelings on whats great and whats not. That is what makes these conversations interesting. I still believe that Anime artistically is getting a little too shiny desu for my personal tastes...its not like I hate the style but when all the new anime coming out this summer all looks the same or like another it gets boring regardless of how "great" it will be.

I personally cannot watch anime anymore with High School ppl dealing with High School problems or some silly gimmick. It gets repetitive. I can just watch an older one that's just as good without having to learn the characters or care about what happens next which is the same as other series like that.

Sounds silly but give me TinTin , TMNT 2003 series, and Young Justice over those anime's. At least those have interesting ideas.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Wyatt and I agreeing on something.
End of the ****ing world.

FMA: Brotherhood is probably the best anime I've ever watched.
Even the original series is still really high for me as well.
That franchise just didn't fail to entertain at all.

Yeah, YuYuHakusho is a show for the homies.
shoutouts to Phil for having good taste ;]

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
Standar Animes are the worst, tho latelly there has been at least 1 good anime per seson.

Best anime as of latelly is kaiji btw, best suspence ever.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I think people should watch some non-japanese animation as well. I think a lot of potential is lost on just waiting on what anime will do.

Look at anything that was produced by DC/Bruce Timm...amazing series...Marvel has stepped it up with some interesting series. People should branch out into Comics and just look around.

I found this amazing series called MST3K just by watching random SyFy years ago and was hooked ever since. I think we can all agree that Avatar : The Last Airbender was a great series.

Just my thoughts but I am an animation fan. I love all animation from all around the world. I think we all need to expand and we will find a lot of variety not just cookie cutter or rehashed series.

BTW random history lesson...did you know that Disney helped create anime ?

Dr.Brawl

Smash Ace
Anime in general is awful, TBH the only one's that I've watched were Death Note and TTGL.

Gurren Lagann had great music and was absolutely hype but the second season was basically a re hash of the first. DERP A HERP FIND BIGGER MORE EVIL VILLAIN AND HAVE A GIANT ROBOT FIGHT IN SPACE! However I did like how they used spiral to mean many different things. Like spiral power comes from DNA and the Anti spirals don't have DNA, they would have to RNA or MNA, but from a biology stand point that doesn't make any sense. BUT IT'S A CARTOON ANI"T GOTTA EXPLAIN ****.

As for death note, everything was epic in this show, even eating a potato chip. I liked the whole morality question. However when L died it just got dumb. It seem like it was forced, very forced. Kind of ruined the series.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Japanese Animation, or rather some, are actually quite good.

Mobile Suit Gundam is an excellent allegory to WW2 and the horrors of War.
DragonBall is a great retelling of the legend of the monkey king.
Fist of the North Star was the origin of Epic Anime Storytelling

Then you have series like

- Sailor Moon
- Eva
- YuYu Hakusho
- Gundam X
- Kimi Ga
- His and her Circumstances
- Please teach/friends
- Initial D ( story the animation in the first season is horrid )
- Saint Seyia

There are so many to mention. Yes a lot of the ones I have mentioned were older anime. That is because, like other genres, Anime IMO has been done to death to the point where it is now rare to see a good series.

Also if you look at a lot of those each has their own style. That is what makes animation in general great...not just great storytelling but the way you visualize some of it.

I know I may just be preaching to the choir but I hope someone can really learn that Animation is a beautiful thing. Do not let people tell you " this sucks its all the same " when you can look it up yourself and discover a lot more.

It was only years ago when I thought the TMNT 2003 series was **** but thanks to Crismas I learned I was dumb in thinking so and have loved it.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Most consistent anime is Hajime no Ippo.

End of discussion.

Death Note fails after L died.

Gurren is freaking awesome but you gotta admit the story isn't that creative.

Kaiji 2nd season is boring as hell except for some parts.

Elfin Lied was some of the worse **** I've ever seen in my life.

Yu Yu was bad *** but has the usual shonen bs story that's never well thought out.

Gantz was funny as hell!!!! Such a stupid story but probably the funniest horror anime out there.

Hajime no Ippo is the only one I can't ***** about.

Great Teacher Onizuka was bad *** too. That means good.

Top Bottom